Fund Raising - Guild Dimension

Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Fund Raising - Guild Dimension

Post by Lasarian »

The guild tithe is only 3% of added money loot added to mobs. I think we can safely discount this as a source of revenue for the guild, it is simply too small.

No, we are going to have to raise this ourselves, by selling green drops (instead of vendoring) and auctioning crafted items. Right now, Dimension Items are pretty popular, some of which can go for quite a bit of money. It would be nice to land a few big ticket items, but I think it is more likely we will reach our goal - slow and steady over time.

In the last day I have made about 40 pp just crafting basic Dimension Items and selling them for between 50 gp and 1.5 pp.

We have between 4-8 regular players. That gives us a shared burden of between 750 pp and 375 pp per. If we set our sights on say, three months to raise 3,000 pp - that's 1,000 pp per month, divided by 4-8 players. That's getting into reasonable numbers. If you average it to six players, its only about 166 pp per month (or about 5.5pp per day) per player - which is eminently doable.

Good items for sale seem to be certain crafting mats, dimension items and even 50+ green. If you have former build blues or epics, I wouldn't bother. Unfortunately the starting gear in the new zones makes those things valueless. The good news is that lower level high quality items are still selling well. I've been getting 5pp for Darkmetal Helms still ... so, not too bad.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Re: Fund Raising - Guild Dimension

Post by Lasarian »

My first weekend of actually trying to raise some money and here are my results: I started off on Friday with about 10pp, as of this morning I have 100pp.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Update: I now have 150pp. While farming for ore, I spent some extra time looking for artifacts and sold several of these, one for 35pp. While admittedly only a short time sample, I am averaging about 28pp per day.

I have also identified some of the Artifact Collections that I believe we should attempt to focus on auctioning. These are collections with highly prized rewards, like items or pets.

Silverwood (18)
Reward: Forest Protector

Components
Shyla's Locket
The Dragons - The Adversary
Goblin Slave Harness
Blueprints for the Vault of Heresy
Corrupted Fae Keystone Fragment
Aelfwar Treaty Scrolls
Goblin Heart Jerky
Cyril's Holy Symbol of the Vigil
Journal of Completed Prophecy
Conclusion: Gross and Evil
Rothmann's Principia Conflagra

Critter Tears (50)
Reward: Spirit of Tears (pet)

Scotty's Research Paper (26)
Reward: Wand
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Hotfix went into effect today that addressed some glitchiness and added what is described as "an experiment" in faster movement, both on foot and mounted, in and out of combat across the boards.

They also lowered the prices of the dimensions - which is big news for us. The initial cost of that dimension I wanted for us was 3,000 pp, it is now half that at 1,500 pp. The price for the starting one was 1,000 but is now 500 pp.

I was going to try to save up the 500 pp needed to buy a personal dimension we could use in the meantime until we had a enough for the big one. The personal version of the Stone Flask Tavern has been dropped from 500 pp to 300 pp, but the guild version came down from 1,000 to 500 pp - so I wonder if we might just get the guild the first one to have until we can raise the 1,500? Or do we save it and get the big one?
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

Lasarian wrote:Hotfix went into effect today that addressed some glitchiness and added what is described as "an experiment" in faster movement, both on foot and mounted, in and out of combat across the boards.

They also lowered the prices of the dimensions - which is big news for us. The initial cost of that dimension I wanted for us was 3,000 pp, it is now half that at 1,500 pp. The price for the starting one was 1,000 but is now 500 pp.

I was going to try to save up the 500 pp needed to buy a personal dimension we could use in the meantime until we had a enough for the big one. The personal version of the Stone Flask Tavern has been dropped from 500 pp to 300 pp, but the guild version came down from 1,000 to 500 pp - so I wonder if we might just get the guild the first one to have until we can raise the 1,500? Or do we save it and get the big one?
I vote for the 500pp version, then we can upgrade later.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Talolan wrote:
Lasarian wrote:Hotfix went into effect today that addressed some glitchiness and added what is described as "an experiment" in faster movement, both on foot and mounted, in and out of combat across the boards.

I vote for the 500pp version, then we can upgrade later.
Sounds sensible to me! Will definetly try to help raise the funds we need ... I want my own tower, lol ;-)
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

I'm up to just over 200pp since last Friday.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Lasarian wrote:I'm up to just over 200pp since last Friday.
Knocking on 300pp.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Guild Vault is up to 176pp. 324pp to go.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Lasarian wrote:Guild Vault is up to 176pp. 324pp to go.
Guild Vault = 300pp
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD

Return to “Tempest Bay”