Online Roster - Version 0.8

Roster version updates, FAQ and Tutorials.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Online Roster - Version 0.8

Post by Lasarian »

• Corrected the appearance of the date format in the members histories to read mm-dd-yyyy, as opposed to listing the year first;
  • Added an "End Date" to properly calculate a member's time in service if they quit, were expelled or died;
  • Added (I hope) the proper officer's email to the auto-email that goes to an applicant after approval or denial.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: Online Roster - Version 0.8

Post by Zyera »

Sweet! :D

No nerfs to pallys I see :P
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

• Reconfigured Member Information table to save space;
  • Made NOR Name active 'mailto:' link (instead of the icon). The icon still appears on the Roster page;
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

• Corrected error in line-item editing of member history. Can now edit and remove individual records.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

I have four enhancements to suggest:
  • When you use the filter options, maintain the filters in the drop-down menu when the page reloads. (So if I pick Knight and Active, and hit sort, when the page reloads, Knight and Active should still be selected in the menus)
  • When Filtering for "Active" it shouldn't be that literal. It should grab anybody who is Active, Officer, Branch Leader and Realm Leader.
  • Add sorting options to go with the filter options. So if I searched for active, I could sort by something Rank, and then Alphabetical. So then the active lords/ladies would be on top, down through the recruits at the bottom, and each section would be alphabetical.
  • The default roster display should hide, MIA, LOA, Expelled and Quit members.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Talolan wrote:I have four enhancements to suggest:
  • When you use the filter options, maintain the filters in the drop-down menu when the page reloads. (So if I pick Knight and Active, and hit sort, when the page reloads, Knight and Active should still be selected in the menus)
  • When Filtering for "Active" it shouldn't be that literal. It should grab anybody who is Active, Officer, Branch Leader and Realm Leader.
  • Add sorting options to go with the filter options. So if I searched for active, I could sort by something Rank, and then Alphabetical. So then the active lords/ladies would be on top, down through the recruits at the bottom, and each section would be alphabetical.
  • The default roster display should hide, MIA, LOA, Expelled and Quit members.
  1. Good suggestion, I will work on it;
  2. Agreed, although BL and RL were an afterthought, I just hadn't worked out how to sort them;
  3. This was a part of the original code and I pulled it because I couldn't get it and the filtering to work right together;
  4. Again, this too was a part of the original code, but I simply couldn't get it to work with the filtering and sorting.
The Roster is supposed to OMIT members that are not active, MIA, LOA, Quit, etc., and were on CLOSED realms. The idea being, the default roster would only display active members on Open Branches, but I couldn't get it to work.

At the time I just wanted the thing up and running, but we can revisit these features. If anyone is conversant with PHP, I will happily share the code I have that isn't working and see what we can come up with.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

I have another suggest to add to the list:

Stats: It would be nice to see a running total at the top that says how many active we have, and maybe a break down of each game and officers vs members:)

Thanks!

/selfHighFive I have reached the 3 quarters mark of inputing eq2 histories /cheer, i cant wait to start on a smaller branch next:p
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

I am tinkering with the roster code a little, right now with the initial query for the database, which I have adjusted to only display Active members - so, don't worry, no data has been lost it is just not displaying on the roster atm.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

If you visit the Roster and happen to see something like this:

Code: Select all

LD:18DK:20SQ:512Active Squires:46Active:245 
I am just tinkering with a reporting and counting method for the Roster, which I have finally gotten to work (sort of). It's not pretty yet, but it is accurately counting specific records.

I also re-enabled the full roster load up, so it is now displaying everyone.

Finally, I have created another sort, which I haven't implemented quite yet, but we are going to separate Standing from Post for better sorting.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Lasarian wrote:
I also re-enabled the full roster load up, so it is now displaying everyone.
Woot! Thank You!! Sir:)
I have missed working on roster project! So many updates to catch up on:)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council

Return to “Online Roster”