Online Roster - Member Profiles

Roster version updates, FAQ and Tutorials.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Online Roster - Member Profiles

Post by Lasarian »

Coming to our site in the next week or two is the long-threatened Online Roster. I have to admit, I am very excited about this, for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which is that it will be the first time we have a comprehensive list of all members in one place that is also readily accessible to everyone.

The visual display to the membership will list the Name, Rank, Standing, Game, SQ Date and Alts. The roster will be searchable by Name, and Filterable by Rank, Standing and Game. If we can figure a reliable way to BOT-proof email addresses, we will include a "mailto" function so you can prompt an email to any member from the Roster.

By default the Roster will only display the members on Realms designated as Open. However, you will be able to select View All, which will show as complete a membership record as we can compile back to our beginnings. I have a few volunteers to help me upload this information to the Roster once it goes live. We will be starting with the most recent records and working our way back. I have no idea how long it will take, but eventually, we will integrate all of our historical rosters available to us into this online database.

You will also be able to click on each member's name and call up their individual, unique Member Profile.

That profile will include a kind of shadowbox visual display that will show the member's name, rank, years in the guild and awards, in addition to a "campaign" ribbon for each game they have been on with NOR.

To the right of the shadowbox will be a short summary of the member's vitals, similar to those displayed on the main Roster and below that, their complete History with the guild.

Authorized Officers will have login-based permissions to Add or Edit members on the Roster.

Finally, it will be able to generate reports for each game that is current.

I'll try to provide some test or inert visuals to demonstrate what I am talking about.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Online Roster

Post by Tundrra »

Woowho this is what I'm I have been waiting for!!
I had a sneak peak and it is looking awesome!!!
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

This sounds awesome!! Way to go Las!
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

This sounds awesome! :D ^^
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Lasarian wrote: ... You will also be able to click on each member's name and call up their individual, unique Member Profile.

That profile will include a kind of shadowbox visual display that will show the member's name, rank, years in the guild and awards, in addition to a "campaign" ribbon for each game they have been on with NOR. ...
:lol
Ojike
-Knighted by Lasarian (WoW)
-Champion by Lasarian (SWTOR)
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Ojike wrote:
Lasarian wrote: ... You will also be able to click on each member's name and call up their individual, unique Member Profile.

That profile will include a kind of shadowbox visual display that will show the member's name, rank, years in the guild and awards, in addition to a "campaign" ribbon for each game they have been on with NOR. ...
Ojike
I don't think OJ has any ears left.

No more promos for you! :troll
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Valikk
Duke
Duke
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

This sounds amazing!! And like a lot of work, totally will be worth it though! :D

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Ojike wrote:

Ojike
ROFL
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Lasarian
Lord
Lord

Post by Lasarian »

As promised, a mock page to show you the basic idea. I used myself as the guinea pig, the information is fairly accurate, but the the fruit salad of ribbons and medals is not, that's just to show everyone what all the realm ribbons and awards might look like.

None of the new awards are endorsed or commissioned by the High Council yet, these are just ideas of mine.

The shadowbox consists of the NOR badge up top, next row is Rank, Name, your current Realm under that, Years of Service "pips" under that, followed by your House affiliation if you have one, if not, your rank badge would appear again.

Below that is a spot for a medal, in the middle would be your campaign, or Realm ribbons, indicating which games you have been on *NOR/ with. Followed by more awards ...

Hope you guys like it. Sample Member Profile
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

Looks awesome! Especially with the mouse-overs to show what each award is for. Will you be able to do them for the ribbons as well?

Return to “Online Roster”