Gustyn.

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Alexiel
Countess
Countess
Realm: EverQuest 2

Gustyn.

Post by Alexiel »

Hail *NOR/

I'm devastated to be back with bad news.

Daddy (Gustyn) passed away yesterday after battling pancreatic cancer.

*NOR/ was always his home. He was devoted to all of us, and always checked for our presence in new games. It's been 18 years with our *NOR/ family. I know he finally attended a *NOR/ Bash... He was so excited and happy to have finally had the opportunity. It was definitely one item on his bucket list.

I know we haven't been active in recent years and many of you never had a chance to get to know him. I'm sorry. He was a great man and a great friend.

I know he would have wanted you all to know.

If anyone is local to Xenia, OH, please feel free to contact me for information on his funeral services.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Gustyn.

Post by Lasarian »

Alexiel,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I always found Gustyn to be friendly, patient, pragmatic with a great sense of humor.

He was one of those bedrock members that didn't make a big fuss about himself, but was always there ... quietly keeping his cool in the background, playing along, giving advice. He was a great guy and a great member. Surely a great loss for all of us.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Alexiel
Countess
Countess
Realm: EverQuest 2

Post by Alexiel »

Lasarian, that describes him so perfectly it brings me to tears.

We haven't had a chance to game together in years. Lately I look at my computer and feel intense sadness because we had always planned to do it again - when the kids were older and I could actually have time for myself... He always joked it would be in another 30 years.

Gaming has a giant void where Daddy used to be.
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

I'm so sorry for your loss. I unfortunately did not get the pleasure of meeting Gustyn but always heard wonderful things from this member :) We have a memorial in GW2 for our fallen members, I can add one in memory of Gustyn as well :)

Link: https://www.newoutriders.org/forums/vie ... 151&t=6594
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Return to “"The Tavern"”