Lost Little Lord

Abin Sur
Lord
Lord

Lost Little Lord

Post by Abin Sur »

Hail*NOR//

Those who know me know I am easily confuddled. So please make your responses easy enough for this rapidly aging NOR to figure out what I am doing.

My download has completed... a few days sooner than I expected. I have been able to log on to the character creation screen. Now I have some questions.

1) What is a good starting character class, alignment etc. ? I usually like to play something like a cleric or paladin type character. Something where I can heal myself when the beasties beat me to a pulp.

2) Do I have to sign on to a particular server that NOR is on?

3) Once I am in-game, How do I contact my NOR brothers and sisters?

I'm sure I am going to have a lot of other questions as I go along, but answers to these should get me rolling.

Remember, once I am in game the "I got a lord killed" tallies can begin!

Peace,
Abin
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Lost Little Lord

Post by Lasarian »

Abin Sur wrote:Hail*NOR//

Those who know me know I am easily confuddled. So please make your responses easy enough for this rapidly aging NOR to figure out what I am doing.

My download has completed... a few days sooner than I expected. I have been able to log on to the character creation screen. Now I have some questions.

1) What is a good starting character class, alignment etc. ? I usually like to play something like a cleric or paladin type character. Something where I can heal myself when the beasties beat me to a pulp.

2) Do I have to sign on to a particular server that NOR is on?

3) Once I am in-game, How do I contact my NOR brothers and sisters?

I'm sure I am going to have a lot of other questions as I go along, but answers to these should get me rolling.

Remember, once I am in game the "I got a lord killed" tallies can begin!

Peace,
Abin

1) I will leave this to players more knowledgeable than I in the game;
2) It is one big mega-server, just be sure you choose "NA" (North America);
3) You can do a guild search once ingame or add other players that have listed their ESO handles. You can add people to your friends list by individual character name or by their account names. My account name, for example is @NOR-Lasarian

Some of those account names are posted here: http://newoutriders.org/forums/viewtopi ... =80&t=2297

Or post your account name and we can add you :tongue2
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Abin Sur
Lord
Lord

Post by Abin Sur »

Have we chosen a faction yet?
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Daggerfall Covenant
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Hey there Abin! Glad to hear you're joining us in ESO.

To answer your question about classes, if you're wanting a Cleric/Palladin type I would swing with templar. They have a class set of skills focused on healing themselves and others a bit. Their Aedric Spear class skills are also good for taking on multiple baddies at once. :)

One thing to keep in mind with ESO is each class can use all weapons and armor and mix and match even. So play around a bit because there's no real drawback to experimenting to find your niche. Heavy Armor and Sword/Shield will definitely give you more survivability but that doesn't mean you can't roll a Templar that wears dresses and swings a giant two-handed hammer, if that's your thing. :D
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Quielin
Duke
Duke

Post by Quielin »

Thinking a "Sticky" with info on how to find NOR and any other helpful info tossed in there might be a good idea. :yay

ESO not having a /who like command that has been so familiar with everyone over the years has tossed most a curveball.
Quielin
NOR/DK <retired>

"But you have heard of me?" -Capt. Jack Sparrow
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Quielin wrote:Thinking a "Sticky" with info on how to find NOR and any other helpful info tossed in there might be a good idea. :yay

ESO not having a /who like command that has been so familiar with everyone over the years has tossed most a curveball.
We can add it to the wiki when you have all the info...ojike is sending out a welcome letter with it linked in there.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Don't worry Abin, we are all lost ;-)

I would pick something that sounds interesting to you, as far as class goes, and just play. Once you figure out how to get around, talk in guild chat and to others, then you can look around for more info. I know it seems overwhelming, but the more you play the more you will learn.

You can find out information on the ESO forums as well. I found some stuff yesterday that was helpful to me.

And, of course, we are all out to help each other!

I'm @NOR-Roxanne, btw :-)
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

Roxanne wrote:Don't worry Abin, we are all lost ;-)
Liar.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Spugee
Recruit
Realm: Neverwinter
Record: http://newoutriders.org/member/Spugee

Post by Spugee »

I found the Templar the easiest to play ( and is what this old timer is playing .. and hay LTNS ! ) and its a combo fighter healer which sound like what your looking for.

The most helpful starting tip I can think of is remember that class skills are generally magic based (even if they look like a weapon attack) and skills under weapons are stamina based. Characters seem to be tilted towards needing magic points, unless your not going to use class skills and do strictly weapons which I have seen done, so place your points in magic to start out as they at least start more powerful and will help you get a foothold. .

Return to “The Dirty Goat”