Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Rift 3.0 – Expansion Reveals and Teasers

Post by Talolan »

Rift 3.0 – Expansion Reveals and Teasers
During today’s livestream (6/21) there were some pretty big reveals (Live stream can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/420071973). Sorry for the crappy image – they held it up to the camera and it’s all we could get.

Here are some bullet points of what we know on the order in which they were talked about:
  • Companions will play a bigger role. They’ll have abilities and you can level them up. These are the pet companions, too, not the pets that classes get. Think something similar to the Pet Battles in WoW? Though from the hints they were dropping I think they want the companions to be a bit more meaning than just Pokemon.
  • Item advancement. We can expect a much more customized weapon/armor upgrade system in that you’ll have many more choices to upgrade/advance your armor to tailor to your play style.
  • 3.0 Will be the plane of Water. This doesn’t mean underwater swimming all of the time. They plan to use all aspects of their Lore in regards to Water (like dream worlds, madness, etc). There will be underwater zones, frozen zones, etc. They did not announce how many zones we will see.
  • New Souls: Support Cleric (true support like Bard, Archon, BM, etc). Healing Warrior, Tanking Mage, Healing Rogue (true healing, not bard, or not tact, true 100% healing).
  • Expect more interaction and meaning inside of Dimensions. Vague hint to player made dungeons, maybe?
Sorry we don’t have much more detail – but we can only get what we saw during the live stream! If we missed or overlooked anything please let us know in the comments below!
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Re: Rift 3.0 – Expansion Reveals and Teasers

Post by Imaultis »

Wow, sounds to me like RIFT has run out of new content ideas and has begun plagiarizing other games:(
Several games allow companion pets to be leveled and grant buffs to the owner. (Runes of Magic is the first one that comes to my mind)
Player made dungeons right on the heals of the NW release?
I hope this isn't a trend:( LOL
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

The plane of water is a neat idea, dreams and madness.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Imaultis wrote:Wow, sounds to me like RIFT has run out of new content ideas and has begun plagiarizing other games:(
I'm sorry, other than Rift invasions themselves, isn't all of Rift mostly cribbed from other games?
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Imaultis wrote:Wow, sounds to me like RIFT has run out of new content ideas and has begun plagiarizing other games:(
Several games allow companion pets to be leveled and grant buffs to the owner. (Runes of Magic is the first one that comes to my mind)
Player made dungeons right on the heals of the NW release?
I hope this isn't a trend:( LOL
I don't mind having features that are in other games, especially the ones that make sense. Rift's always been called "WoW Light" because of the similarities in the games. I've never minded that, in fact, it made the transition from WoW to Rift alot easier. Plus, it doesn't hurt that alot of my buddies play it, lol!

I really, really hate the idea of the plain of Water...ugh, swimming is just awful. Unless you can shapeshift ;p

Anyway, thanks for posting Talo, I'm looking forward to exploring the "new" souls! A healing rogue...sounds very interesting!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Post by Imaultis »

Talolan wrote:
I'm sorry, other than Rift invasions themselves, isn't all of Rift mostly cribbed from other games?
I think from here on out, most fantasy MMO games will have trouble coming up with something completely original. Most games (even WoW) piece good ideas from others. But announcing/hinting you were going to do player made dungeons right on the heels of NW, seemed pretty bold. LOL
Funny thing is, I hope they do it. I would love to have more ability with my dimension, like adding NPC's and animals, etc.

I hope when they do the planes, they do have some underwater content. I enjoyed the underwater zones in the WoW cataclysm expansion and Everquest had an underwater dungeon (Kedge Keep), that I missed. Most people didn't go to it because it was hard to deal with the mechanics of getting everyone in there and buffed for water breathing, etc

Not really looking forward to mage tanks and warrior healers. I guess I'm too set in the traditional ways haha. But I'm sure it will be fine:)
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

I think thus far Trion has managed to exceed expectations. Even when announcing new features or content, which on its face sounded like a straight rip off or simply lame, their implementation has been tremendous.

Unlike other games, they actually make it cooler than it sounds, rather than the reverse.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

For the sheer number of times I have played a game and said "I like this game but I wish it did XXXX like game YYYY", I say thumbs up to them if they want to add something to the game that has proven to work well in other games. When one car company started putting air conditioning in their cars, other car manufacturers did not sit back and say..."Well that's fine for THEM but our customers enjoy sweating!" Its called the marketplace and from what I have experienced, Rift has managed to pull the best of almost everything needed into one game pretty well.
Tygir
Knight
Knight

Post by Tygir »

i dont see a problem with taking good ideas and making them their own....it works lol
The true test of a champion, is how long it takes to kill him.

"i believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage. Rage against the dying of the light.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Don't everybody disagree with Immy all at once :)
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Return to “Information & Updates”