Rift F2P Today!

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: Rift F2P Today!

Post by Talolan »

Tygir wrote:so even though the entire game is free, i still dont have the storm legion classes?
Storm Legion didn't introduce any new classes. It introduced 1 new "Soul" per class. Every class can select three Souls to train and level at a time (in that they are all active at once) so you can mix and match and make the character you want. So, for the Cleric, there are still like 9 other Souls for you to pick from.

For example: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mornVzVovlxkixtzqzvV0xz
This combines the Cabalist, Inquisitor and Sentinel "souls" for the Cleric.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Tygir
Knight
Knight

Post by Tygir »

....i meant the souls for for example in the rogue class i cant be a flame trooper...it "requires purchase"......am i missing the free or is it just not there?....
The true test of a champion, is how long it takes to kill him.

"i believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage. Rage against the dying of the light.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Tygir wrote:....i meant the souls for for example in the rogue class i cant be a flame trooper...it "requires purchase"......am i missing the free or is it just not there?....
If Flame Trooper is a Rogue preset that uses the "Tactician" soul, then you wouldn't be able to use that preset without buying that soul.

The Storm Legion souls aren't free. They are cash shop purchases unless you are a Storm Legion owner. The Storm Legion game content is free.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Tygir
Knight
Knight

Post by Tygir »

Talolan wrote:
Tygir wrote:....i meant the souls for for example in the rogue class i cant be a flame trooper...it "requires purchase"......am i missing the free or is it just not there?....
If Flame Trooper is a Rogue preset that uses the "Tactician" soul, then you wouldn't be able to use that preset without buying that soul.

The Storm Legion souls aren't free. They are cash shop purchases unless you are a Storm Legion owner. The Storm Legion game content is free.
arent the storm legion souls part of the storm legion content? pretty sure they were released with the expansion and now that everyone has the content i still would have to buy some parts of it....thats confusing me a lot because that doesnt sound like free it sounds like i got jibbed out of some content that was supposed to be free

"i believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage. Rage against the dying of the light.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

From what I understand Tygir the Storm Legion areas, levels, dungeons, monsters, etc are free. The souls aren't. One of the ways I assume they plan on still making some money.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Tygir
Knight
Knight

Post by Tygir »

[quote="Ojike"]From what I understand Tygir the Storm Legion areas, levels, dungeons, monsters, etc are free. The souls aren't. One of the ways I assume they plan on still making some money.[/quote

bleh....dont like that...i could deal with (very) limited bags but why should i pay money for content that should still be free?

Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Tygir wrote:
Ojike wrote:From what I understand Tygir the Storm Legion areas, levels, dungeons, monsters, etc are free. The souls aren't. One of the ways I assume they plan on still making some money.
bleh....dont like that...i could deal with (very) limited bags but why should i pay money for content that should still be free?
But... you're not. You still get all the classes Tygir. What you basically don't get... is extra Talent Trees. Think of SW:TOR as if you didn't get the left-most talent tree for all classes for free. You can still make a Guardian that can DPS or Tank, but can't spec into "PvP" tree. This of course is just a rough comparison.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Specs are not content. Content is zones, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, etc. Just like Neverwinter, all the content is free, some other stuff isn't.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Post by Imaultis »

For anyone who is curious...
The storm legion souls are 3150 credits in the rift cash shop. You can get 3250 credits for $20.
(Sorry if someone already wrote this, I didn't see it listed anywhere.)

That is the patron cost. I imagine the non patron cost is 3500 credits.
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Tundrra wrote:Do we have a recruitment post on the rift forums?
Yes, http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discuss ... mbers.html
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD

Return to “Information & Updates”