Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: ESO Branch Creation, Not Me

Post by Zyera »

Lakasha wrote:Perhaps some type of co-leadership just to get things off to a good start?
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

I have the information by creating the guild in the last two betas.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Talolan wrote:
Tundrra wrote:Zyera' told me to tell you folks that Ojike wants to be a active officer of some sort in ESO:)
Maybe he should submit for the branch.
It's true I've been given permission by my better half to resubmit for active duty once ESO goes live, as I've been itching to spend some real quality time serving the guild again. That's if the acting BL/DK/CT would have me. I really don't think I have the experience or knowledge needed to push for upper leadership however.

I am curious about all this talk about branch creation, because I thought when some NOR members wished to open a new branch they create theprovisional branch until the HC recognizes the branch as a full fledged branch? Or are we just talking about which individual will be creating the guild at launch?
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

Somebody has to be the Branch Leader of every new branch. For a long time, I said I would take that on. Now I'm saying I can't.

We have lots of people who are willing to be officers, but somebody has to lead.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

My recommendation to the members in this instance, a new branch in a new game, is to focus and concentrate your resources. Pick a single faction that everyone agrees to (represented in the Alliance war) and to the extent possible, keep to that faction with character creation. If you try to cover all of the factions individually you may water-down the building effort in getting an active and vigorous branch off the ground.

Get a good foothold established and if you want, branch out from there.

Prospective branch leaders: Planning and organization before launch is key. Use the forums extensively to get head counts and set up a skeleton officer corps if possible. Ideally, the branch leader would be in Beta and have first hand experience in game prior to launch. Communication with inbound members or people planning to try the game is key.

Expect a rush of activity at first, but you cannot rely on "immigrants" to build your branch. You will have to recruit.

To whatever degree is inherent in the game, plan to aim for endgame or whatever is the equivalent for your branch. This is not required, but in my experience players that feel they have options are more likely to dig in and participate.

You do NOT have to be on all day, every day - in fact, I would discourage anyone from attempting it. That is a recipe for burnout. A few days a week of consistent days and times is sufficient to build a schedule your members can rely on.

Schedule events (one or two at the most)- same day, same time, every week. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular or complex, just a set time that everyone gets together and works as a team.

Attend HC Meetings - starting now (if you don't already).

Attend the Officer Meetings on the 3rd Sunday of every month whenever you can. The purpose of that meeting is to familiarize yourself with the other officers in the guild and from other branches and use each other as a resource for ideas, counsel and guidance.
Ojike wrote:I am curious about all this talk about branch creation, because I thought when some NOR members wished to open a new branch they create theprovisional branch until the HC recognizes the branch as a full fledged branch? Or are we just talking about which individual will be creating the guild at launch?
Typically OJ, there will be some planning and run-up on the forums prior to launch and an officer will approach the HC with a proposal to open a Provisional Barony. How many people are signed up? How many people can you expect at launch? What does your officer corps look like?
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

Expect a rush of activity at first, but you cannot rely on "immigrants" to build your branch. You will have to recruit.

To whatever degree is inherent in the game, plan to aim for endgame or whatever is the equivalent for your branch. This is not required, but in my experience players that feel they have options are more likely to dig in and participate.

You do NOT have to be on all day, every day - in fact, I would discourage anyone from attempting it. That is a recipe for burnout. A few days a week of consistent days and times is sufficient to build a schedule your members can rely on.

Schedule events (one or two at the most)- same day, same time, every week. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular or complex, just a set time that everyone gets together and works as a team.
:hailnor well said Lasarian

I can't stress the importance of Recruiting ASAP, now if possible once a figure head has been established. So many players are surfing the ESo forums currently looking for a established guild for launch day.

From my NW experience a lot of the existing NOR that come to your new branch will migrate back to their old one after 2 or 3 months, so it is important to use your high attendance to recruit and run events while you have them:)
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

I agree with Lasarian, if we could come to some consensus of the faction we want to have as the core, i think that approach would have the most success. So as we get closer maybe we can do another poll to see where most interest is. Then focus our attention from there. We can be strong in one faction then take things from there is we want, like we did with WOW and open a horde branch.

I really want to like this game, and hope I do. I have not found a game lately that I can play as long as i have played WOW over the years. I just dont get what is up with that.
Rallis,

Marquis
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Talo began a discussion about the factions back in May of last year here: http://newoutriders.org/forums/viewtopi ... 1161#p9127

Probably time for a poll though
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD

Return to “The Dirty Goat”