Funny how things work out

jara
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Funny how things work out

Post by jara »

So I was working on my dailies today when I can across a lost NORby. Long story short Icav and his friends decided to join us and pretty much double our numbers overnight. I am very excited about this because we now have a very healthy base of players. The hardest part of a new branch is recruiting and getting things going. I believe we have passed the first hurdle and can now move onto the bigger picture.

I made a post in the Info section about guild roles. Please look it over and share your thoughts. Get to know each other in chat and, if you can, try to hang out on TS more often. As everyone is leveling continue to look for recruits that fit in with NOR. I will be working hard this weekend to earn enough gold to buy the last TS tree we need to make the fishing boat. As soon as that is done I will be running daily fishing trips for anyone that wants to join me. It is a great way to make some gold and take a break from the grind of questing. It will also allow us all to meet the friends I have been making with some of the bigger guilds. We will get some more recognition from them when they see more than just me out there. It will build the framework for a good alliance when we approach them about bigger things like joint trade runs and PVP against the reds.

I am very excited about our future and hope you all are as well.
Jara
Capt Kellix
*NOR//DK- Inactive Officer
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Re: Funny how things work out

Post by Tundrra »

what a stroke of good luck:) great work jara!
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Icav
Squire
Squire
Realm: ArcheAge
Record: Recruited by Lethes 06-26-2005
Squired by Lethes 07-01-2005
Icav Ribe*NOR/SWG-SQ

Post by Icav »

Hail*NOR/,

It's been many years since I've seen or had the pleasure of talking to NORbies, having been squired in 2005 in the now very defunct SWG Barony, I have been on and off on the boards since. One of my friends happened to chance into Jara today in ArcheAge. It took me a moment before I glanced at Jara and the tag above his head and without breaking a beat in our dungeon shouted into party. "Hail*NOR/". We spent the evening catching up and talking, this being one of the first games I've played in years that NOR has an active presence in I jumped at the chance to rejoin everyone.

As of tonight, we folded our old guild Ravenwood Company to join the ArcheAge Chapter, bringing the 15 people who've only heard of my intense NOR nostalgia after a brief Q&A with Jara. I really look forward to seeing everyone again and playing with them all. The guys I've been playing with have been buzzing about the opportunity to play with new people of a similar mindset. We really look forward to playing and growing this Branch into something to be proud of and remembered.

Over the next few days, expect to see new faces of people who have been playing under the Ravenwood Securities banner for many years trickle in as we spread the word to those of us who have been on the edge about hopping into ArcheAge.

My conversation with Jara reminded me much of my time playing SWG with Tundrra, Gorbo, Lethe, Kobra(Ojike), Anna, Ary'giu. The sense of community that NOR immediately evokes is something I've missed in my years not being around. Thank you again Jara for taking the time to Nostalgia with me while we hashed out the details of getting people together and how we'd make this work.

Hail*NOR/
Icav Ribe*NOR/SWG-SQ(Soon to be AA-SQ)
Nenomius
Recruit

Post by Nenomius »

Hail*NOR/,

I have been a member of Ravenwood for 3 years, and recently was promoted to the position of lead contractor. It is very exciting to be joining up with another group in which Icav has such history and respect for. I feel this is going to be a wonderful experience in which I can make new friends, become part of another community, and have a great gaming experience. I will be looking forward to a seamless transition due to the similar nature of discipline both our groups enjoy, and our love for enjoying gaming. Thanks for having us, and hope to see you in game and around the forums!
Imaultis

Post by Imaultis »

I tis great to have you all on board. I look forward to meeting each of you in game:)
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Imaultis

Post by Imaultis »

Icav wrote:Over the next few days, expect to see new faces of people who have been playing under the Ravenwood Securities banner for many years
Is Jazpherix a member of this guild?
Imaultis

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Icav wrote:Hail*NOR/,

It's been many years since I've seen or had the pleasure of talking to NORbies, having been squired in 2005 in the now very defunct SWG Barony, I have been on and off on the boards since. One of my friends happened to chance into Jara today in ArcheAge. It took me a moment before I glanced at Jara and the tag above his head and without breaking a beat in our dungeon shouted into party. "Hail*NOR/". We spent the evening catching up and talking, this being one of the first games I've played in years that NOR has an active presence in I jumped at the chance to rejoin everyone.

As of tonight, we folded our old guild Ravenwood Company to join the ArcheAge Chapter, bringing the 15 people who've only heard of my intense NOR nostalgia after a brief Q&A with Jara. I really look forward to seeing everyone again and playing with them all. The guys I've been playing with have been buzzing about the opportunity to play with new people of a similar mindset. We really look forward to playing and growing this Branch into something to be proud of and remembered.

Over the next few days, expect to see new faces of people who have been playing under the Ravenwood Securities banner for many years trickle in as we spread the word to those of us who have been on the edge about hopping into ArcheAge.

My conversation with Jara reminded me much of my time playing SWG with Tundrra, Gorbo, Lethe, Kobra(Ojike), Anna, Ary'giu. The sense of community that NOR immediately evokes is something I've missed in my years not being around. Thank you again Jara for taking the time to Nostalgia with me while we hashed out the details of getting people together and how we'd make this work.

Hail*NOR/
Icav Ribe*NOR/SWG-SQ(Soon to be AA-SQ)
Welcome back Icav and welcome to your compatriots ;-)
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Telnathia
Recruit

Post by Telnathia »

Hail NOR!

My name is Telnathia, however everyone from Ravenwood calls me Rohane. I've been gaming in various forms for as long as I can remember, ranging from old Doom/Duke Nukem3d/Quake(2) to current. My time with Ravenwood has been for about 2 years officially, however I've known, and been acquaintances with Icav for longer than that. This should be quite an experience linking up with a new group of individuals who have such a deep seeded gaming history, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

-Tel (Roh)
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Telnathia wrote:Hail NOR!

My name is Telnathia, however everyone from Ravenwood calls me Rohane. I've been gaming in various forms for as long as I can remember, ranging from old Doom/Duke Nukem3d/Quake(2) to current. My time with Ravenwood has been for about 2 years officially, however I've known, and been acquaintances with Icav for longer than that. This should be quite an experience linking up with a new group of individuals who have such a deep seeded gaming history, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

-Tel (Roh)
Welcome ;-)
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Imaultis

Post by Imaultis »

Lasarian wrote:
Telnathia wrote:Hail NOR!

-Tel (Roh)
Welcome ;-)
Aye, welcome to all:)
Imaultis

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh

Return to “General”