GW2 Stress Test, tomorrow, Tues, August 21

Seyella
Countess
Countess

GW2 Stress Test, tomorrow, Tues, August 21

Post by Seyella »

GW2 just posted on their facebook page that they're having a Stress Test tomorrow, 8/21 from 12noon - 4:00 PM Pacific time. :yay It's open to anyone who has pre-purchased the game. If you have played previously, your characters will still be there. :D If you haven't tried it yet, now's your chance to do so before either Head Start or Launch Day! :thumb

Unfortunately, I'll be at work during that time tomorrow, so I won't be there :cry , but those that can, enjoy! :)
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Brandy
Squire
Squire
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons
House: Unicorn

Re: GW2 Stress Test, tomorrow, Tues, August 21

Post by Brandy »

I'm in if my putter is up and well it's good enough for posting but any gaming,,,, Nada. Working on it still *sighs* :(
"What do you want to do, live forever?"
They say the plain and ordinary are ruled by fate, but the heroic choose their own destiny. I disagree, sometimes destiny chooses the hero...
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Brandy wrote:I'm in if my putter is up and well it's good enough for posting but any gaming,,,, Nada. Working on it still *sighs* :(
Oh no!! :( Well, if it's up, look for me! I'll try for the name Roxanne but doubt if I can get that. Look for Nicnivin or Nicniven :aletoast

Hopefully you'll be able to make it in! Look forward to seeing you :-)
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Jalek
Knight
Knight

Post by Jalek »

What an odd client, nearly 15gb in a single file. Even compressed, that can't be the most efficient way to store thousands of individual files.
I guess I didn't pay attention during the beta.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Post by Lasarian »

Downloading the game now.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Recruited by Naquav

Post by Roxanne »

I got to play in the stress test today and I thought I might share my impression's of the game.

I had no problem getting in although every single server that I saw said it had a "high" population. I experienced hardly any lag and then only when I had it at the highest graphic selection. I'm worried about launch though, when there are a zillion people trying to get in, lol.

Charcter creation was very nice. Many options yet not too many (if you know what I mean.) I enjoyed playing around with my character customization before logging into game. Oh, and character names are unique to the game, NOT the server. So, that means, alot of us are gonna have to get creative with our character names! I tried every variation of Roxanne (even Roxstar) and they were all taken.

Once logged in I boggled at the beauty of the starting zone than made my way out. Movement felt very familiar, on a par with SWTOR or WoW. As in Rift, events spawn around you and it's so much fun just killing away with a whole bunch of other people! I liked that you could use the "AH" or, in GW2, the Black Lion Market, from your backpack. You can also access your mail from your backpack which is just stellar!

All in all, I enjoyed my experience playing and I think most everyone else will too!

Can't wait until Friday!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Seyella
Countess
Countess

Post by Seyella »

One thing that may make it easier to get the name you want, Rox, is to use a last name. Burley couldn't get one of the names he wanted in Beta, so he added a last name and was able to get the first name he wanted. As long as you don't mind having a last name, that may be a solution! :)
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop

Post by Lasarian »

Got in briefly, didn't have much time - saw Rox! Looking forward to opening day.
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Khaei
Baron
Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Khaei »

Roxanne wrote:Oh, and character names are unique to the game, NOT the server. So, that means, alot of us are gonna have to get creative with our character names! I tried every variation of Roxanne (even Roxstar) and they were all taken.
I would suggest camping the early access server start (up to 3h prior the official early access start, i.e. 9pm PST on Friday) and trying to book the name.
Roxanne wrote:I liked that you could use the "AH" or, in GW2, the Black Lion Market, from your backpack. You can also access your mail from your backpack which is just stellar!
You can also send mats to your collection (special bank for mats) from your backpack... with a single button! :yay
Basically they are not going to waste our time running from town to the field and back, which is very thoughtful. The only thing you can't do from the backpack is vendor junk.

P.S. Sorry that I could not join you, Rox. Work, work...
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Recruited by Naquav

Post by Roxanne »

Seyella wrote:One thing that may make it easier to get the name you want, Rox, is to use a last name. Burley couldn't get one of the names he wanted in Beta, so he added a last name and was able to get the first name he wanted. As long as you don't mind having a last name, that may be a solution! :)
Now, that sounds like a plan! Now to come up with a last name!

Oh, and Khaei? You should take a day off every now and again :thumb

See you on Friday!!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF

Return to “Game Updates”