Your favorite moments?

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Your favorite moments?

Post by Roxanne »

:hailnor

I know we don't have everyone on the new site yet, but I wanted to start a topic about your favorite guild moment. We are fast working on a podcast and I think this would be a great feature! Please email me at roxanne@newoutriders.com or pm me, with your favorite moment for a chance to have your story read or, for you to be invited to tell it during the PC!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Re: Your favorite moments?

Post by Lasarian »

Oh my ... there are so many.

Black Morass
This was an instance on Warcraft that was challenging even in Normal Mode. Heroic Mode had eluded us and it was a critical final step in acquiring a key to access a 10-man raid, Karazhan.

To make matters worse, it was a timed event - so once you began, you had to finish or it would fail and you couldn't try again until the next day. The instance was also complex in that it required to Party to spot random spawn points, move into position, gather and control the mobs that appeared through 'portals' that culminated in a sub-boss for each portal, get them all down and be ready to move on to the next Portal - wherever it spawned. If you failed to control all of the mobs, they would swiftly make their way to a central area and start beating down an NPC we were supposed to protect. If you didn't kill the sub-boss, the portal would remain open and more mobs would continue to pour through. One or two missteps could very quickly get out of control - as mobs would swarm the NPC and eventually another Portal would spawn whether you can closed the previous one or not!

Once the set number of Portals were defeated, the final Boss would appear - a giant dragon ghost/spirit thing, basically right on top of the NPC we were supposed to protect. It was here that we would fail, time after time, beaten, bloody and expended from the portals.

We had been at this for weeks - with no success.

Myself (Tanking), Quielin, Koram, Gorguts on his pally (Healing), and I admit, I don't recall if it was Ojike or not, it may have been Litea as our fifth ventured forth to try to finish this once again.

Something had just clicked! We were spotting the portals quickly, gathering up all the mobs, hosing them down, dispensing with the sub-bosses and moving on the next portal. In short order we had cleared all of the portals and the instance actually gives you a few, 20-30 seconds pause to gather yourself before the final fight.

So we healed up, mana'd up, got ourselves set up and began to fight the dragon. Very quickly, it seemed apparent we were going to fail again. Our health was declining rapidly. I didn't recall the early moments of this fight being quite this punishing.

Was I out of place? Was I failing to hold the boss? I watched as all of our health was disappearing quickly ... all ... except for one of us ...

Gorguts!

Who, a quick glance informed me, was still back where we had been taking that brief respite. We were on Ventrilo, and I was asking if GG (Gorguts) had crashed. No one knew.

We were still alive, but our health was fading fast. It was down to a barely perceptible sliver of green when suddenly I see GG moving!

A rather impressive flurry of heals later and we are all still alive - just in the nick of time - and we managed to slay the final boss. At last!

There was much cheering and celebrating, but finally, of course, someone asked:

"GG, what happened dude?"

There is a momentary pause before he responds.

"Oh, I had to take the puppy out."

:dunno1
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Recruited by Naquav

Post by Roxanne »

roflmao I remember that!! Gorguts...smh...hilarious!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Recruited by Naquav

Post by Roxanne »

/bump
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Ojike
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Lasarian wrote:Myself (Tanking), Quielin, Koram, Gorguts on his pally (Healing), and I admit, I don't recall if it was Ojike or not, it may have been Litea as our fifth ventured forth to try to finish this once again.
I'm pretty sure I was in on that! If I wasn't I was watching from the sidelines since I'm sure this was when GG and I were still in high school. I remember a LOT of Heroic BM runs, I remember a LOT of Heroics to help make sure every guildy could get their Kara key! ... WoW-BC, good times!

I definitely have a few favorites, gonna have to catalog them and make sure they make their way to this board!
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Lasarian
Lord
Lord
Realm: TableTop
House: Griffon

Post by Lasarian »

I just went back and checked. Three key fragments from three different instances, all in Heroic mode. Once you had the makings, another two, including Black Morass, for a total of five heroic dungeons.

Nearly 30 people got keyed.

... and that, and we hadn't even stepped into the front door of Kara. Once there ...

... MOROES ...
Lasarian
*NOR/LE • NOMAD
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Recruited by Naquav

Post by Roxanne »

Lasarian wrote:I just went back and checked. Three key fragments from three different instances, all in Heroic mode. Once you had the makings, another two, including Black Morass, for a total of five heroic dungeons.

Nearly 30 people got keyed.

... and that, and we hadn't even stepped into the front door of Kara. Once there ...

... MOROES ...
OMG The tears, hairpulling, and just plain old CUSSING that went on in that room!!! :rage

Where was rage face when we needed it?!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Ojike
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Lasarian wrote: ... MOROES ...
ICE TRAP! ICE TRAP! ICE TRAP!
STAR IS FREE! BURN DOWN CIRCLE!
WHERE IS MOROES???

HE GOT {HEALER}! {HEALER} IS BLEEDING!
*wipe*

:rage
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy

Return to “"The Tavern"”