Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Companion Gifts Guide

Post by Zyera »

Note: Minor Spoilers about all Classes & What Companions they will get.

sources:
http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companion-g ... s-for-1-2/

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions

Companion Gifts & Affection

Why gain affection?

Max affection with a companion will grant you a 5% crit chance to all crafting done by that companion and 15% efficiency (faster crafting). After 1.2, max affection will also unlock stat bonuses for the first companion of each type (i.e. melee tank, ranged dps) to be unlocked and a small presence boost (+10 presence, stacks with other companions, even if they are the same type)

The stats bonus are permanent and works even when your companion isn’t out and in operations.

Melee Tank: 1% Accuracy

Ranged Tank: 1% Max HP

Ranged DPS: 1% Crit

Melee DPS: 1% Surge

Heals: 2% Healing Received

Crafting crit chance and affection: Maxing out a companion will grant 5% crit chance to crafting, this is in addition (and additive) to the baseline crit chance that is received when crafting items of different difficulties and also whatever crafting bonus that companion might already possess.

Orange difficulty: 10% crit chance
Yellow, Green, and Gray difficulty: 15% crit chance
For example, if you are using companion X with maxed out affection and with a baseline 2% crit chance to Underworld Trading to do an orange Underworld Trading Mission, the chance for this mission to crit would be 10% + 2% + 5% = 17%.

One thing to note is that romance with a companion change their responsiveness to certain types of gifts. For most companions, this will make that particular companion more responsive to courting/luxury gifts. However, certain companions like Ashara will change their responsive to a wide range of gifts when you romance her. For “simple” companions, their response to courting/luxury gifts during romance are in the romance column. For more “complex” companions, they have a separate row to reflect all the changes.

Each class have 2 companions (one male, one female) for romance options (opposite sex humanoids only). Smugglers/Agents have 3 companions (one male, two female) available for romance because they are awesome! Sith warriors also have companions available for romance although one of the companions does not seem to change their “likeness” to gifts even when romanced.

There are 5 companion affection rating ranks

Rank 1: –1000-1999 (yes, that is a negative sign)
Rank 2: 2000-3999
Rank 3: 4000-5999
Rank 4: 6000-7999
Rank 5: 8000-10000
There are also 5 ranks of Companion gifts, depending on the rank difference (Companion affection rating rank – Companion gift rank), here are the modifiers. (i.e. A companion at rank 1 affection getting a rank 2 gift would have a modifier of 1.1)

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Alystri
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT
Record: Recruited 8\8\2013
Squire 10\17\2013
Knight 1\16\2014
Champion 3\11\2014 Promoted by Zyera
DMG 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Baron 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Return to NOR as squire 6\9\2015
Re-Promoted to Knight 11/14/2015

Re: Companion Gifts Guide

Post by Alystri »

So to clarify, if I max out all my companion affections I get these bonuses?

The stats bonus are permanent and works even when your companion isn’t out and in operations.

Aly
Alystri (Level 60 Watchman Sentinel)
Alyianna (Level 55 Vanguard Tank)
Tru-alanna (Level 12 Jedi Sage-Healer)
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Alystri wrote:So to clarify, if I max out all my companion affections I get these bonuses?

Aly

I believe so yes.

Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Zyera wrote:
I believe so yes.
Not only that. but the bonuses apply across your legacy. So if you're like me and can't bear the thought of giving Skadge gifts, you can still get the accuracy bonus from an another chararter's companion of the same type. Maxing your affection with Bowdaar will give all your characters the bonus.

While the presence bonuses from max companion affection stack across your legacy, the major bonuses to crit, health, accuracy, etc do not. Because Bowdaar thinks my smuggler is the bee knees, my bounty hunter can keep Skadge in the doghouse as long as I like.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Intisar wrote:
Zyera wrote:
I believe so yes.
Not only that. but the bonuses apply across your legacy. So if you're like me and can't bear the thought of giving Skadge gifts, you can still get the accuracy bonus from an another chararter's companion of the same type. Maxing your affection with Bowdaar will give all your characters the bonus.

While the presence bonuses from max companion affection stack across your legacy, the major bonuses to crit, health, accuracy, etc do not. Because Bowdaar thinks my smuggler is the bee knees, my bounty hunter can keep Skadge in the doghouse as long as I like.
Correct, this (now I remember) was added in the patch with the legacy system.

Alystri
Knight
Knight
Record: Recruited 8\8\2013
Squire 10\17\2013
Knight 1\16\2014
Champion 3\11\2014 Promoted by Zyera
DMG 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Baron 6\22\2014 Promoted by Zyera
Return to NOR as squire 6\9\2015
Re-Promoted to Knight 11/14/2015

Post by Alystri »

You learn something new everyday! I guess I need to work on my comp affections. How long does it take to get them to 100%? The only one I have that is at 100% is Kira because I did the story line with her. Doc is probably at 25% and the rest at 0. :(.

Aly
Alystri (Level 60 Watchman Sentinel)
Alyianna (Level 55 Vanguard Tank)
Tru-alanna (Level 12 Jedi Sage-Healer)
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Alystri wrote:You learn something new everyday! I guess I need to work on my comp affections. How long does it take to get them to 100%? The only one I have that is at 100% is Kira because I did the story line with her. Doc is probably at 25% and the rest at 0. :(.

Aly
GIFTS

Click on either of the links, but the SWTOR holonet has gifts for each ranking.

Love is the most+

Return to “Guides & Resources”