RIFT goes free-to-play, promises 'no tricks, no traps'

HollyCNY
Ally
Ally
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited August 1996 (NWN on AOL)
Re-Recruited SWTOR March 2013
Squired by Tundrra SWTOR April 13, 2013

Re: RIFT goes free-to-play, promises 'no tricks, no traps'

Post by HollyCNY »

>>whys and wherefores<<

Those two words mean the same thing. "Wherefore" in Old/Middle English means 'why." Not to play grammar police, but I find this amusing haha.

>>always with the bag space<<

It's put money in their pockets for thirty years. Why should they stop now?
"More money means more to me, than less money." --Mr. Goodkat, Lucky Number Slevin

>>no tricks, no traps<<

I didn't believe Trion when this was first announced. I've come back to the game, and it's enjoyable running the mentored down stuff with everyone, but I still don't know how much I believe the 'no tricks, no traps' claim. All that being said, I wish I'd attended the GLUE. Seemed like prime NORbie-bonding time.

>>but I'm not sure why yet<<

There will be regular free XP and favor boosts claimable from the RIFT store. Doesn't give you anything you don't already get free of charge, but lets you get there faster. Something I'll keep in mind, but I dunno how much I need or even want that.
"Enjoy the Ride." --Nissan commercials
"Slow down. Life is to be savored." -- male pandaren NPC's, WoW (Mists of Pandaria)

I was given enough credits via grandfathering (I had a brief subscription going a few months ago) so that all my toons will have mounts. I'll probably save the remaining credits for a rainy day.
Imaultis
Realm: ArcheAge

Re: RIFT goes free-to-play, promises 'no tricks, no traps'

Post by Imaultis »

Another nice thing I've noticed, patrons get free 40% bonus buffs. Seven per day, of each type (exp. favor, notoriety, token, and prestige).
Imaultis
*NOR/Lord-Realm Leader:ARC

Notable Alts
Chakkura
Eiriana
Dedicus
Artesh

Return to “Tempest Bay”