- 1 This Document
- 2 The 90's
- 3 The 00's
- 4 The 10's
- 5 See also
- 6 Notes
The timeline was created by Talolan based on forum posts, and document revision histories. If Talo could not determine the official date a branch was opened, he defaulted to the date the game was released or the next best logical date. This timeline is unofficial.
Eventually it will contain all:
- Branch openings and closures.
- Changes of Branch Leader or Realm Leader.
- Branch status changes (barony to county to duchy).
- Additions and subtractions from the High Council.
- Changes to NOR founding documents.
- Other NOR milestones.
This document will not include:
- Squirings and promotions, other than promotions to Branch Leader, Realm Leader, or Lord/Lady. There are simply too many.
- Individual episodes or issues of the New OutRiders Podcast and New OutRiders Newsletter.
- 10/?? - Standards & Conventions amended by Lord Avatar.
- 01/?? - Standards & Conventions amended by Lady Leahh.
- 03/25 - Standards & Conventions amended by Lord EdU.
- 03/25 - The Baron, Count and Duke Officer Mandates were approved by the High Council.
- 07/01 - Neverwinter Nights branch opened with Duke Sarmaran, Count Gharak and Baron Aglavalin in command.
- 01/?? - Dark Sun Online branch opens.
- 09/01 - The Shadow of Yserbius branch closes with the game shutdown. 
- 12/?? - The Realm released and branch opened.
- 06/01 - Empiriana: The Adventurer's Paradise was released and branch opened.
- 06/21 - Standards & Conventions approved by the High Council.
- 07/19 - AOL shuts down Neverwinter Nights; Branch closes with it.
- 07/21 - Philosophy revised by the High Council.
- 08/11 - Charter is revised by the High Council.
- 09/24 - Ultima Online released and branch opened.
- 11/30 - Dark Sun Online branch closed.
- 12/14 - Charter is amended by the High Council.
- 03/19 - The High Council Officer Mandate was approved by the High Council.
- 03/29 - The Branch Leader Officer Mandate was approved by the High Council.
- 05/01 - Lords of Empyria under beta is renamed to Panterra for its public release, branch is opened with Lady Llira serving as Realm Leader.
- 05/10 - Charter is amended by the High Council.
- 07/19 - The Charter, Standards & Conventions were revised by the High Council and the Realm Leader Officer Mandate was approved by the High Council.
- ??/?? - Empiriana: The Adventurer's Paradise branch closed.
- 03/16 - EverQuest released and branch opened.
- 11/02 - Asheron's Call released and branch opened.
- 11/14 - Guild Expansion document revised by the High Council.
- 03/08 - The Squiring Ceremony was amended by the High Council.
- 04/09 - Charter and Jacket Creed are amended by the High Council.
- 05/21 - The Guild Names document was approved by the High Council.
- 08/13 - Charter is amended by the High Council.
- 03/04 - Charter and Standards & Conventions are amended by the High Council.
- 07/22 - Philosophy revised by the High Council.
- 10/10 - Dark Age of Camelot released and branch opened.
- 12/03 - Count Skorj is promoted to Branch Leader of DAoC.
- 12/05 - Jacket Creed is amended by the High Council.
- 01/13 - Asheron's Call branch closed.
- 03/10 - Lord WilhelmG replaces Aglavalinn as Realm Leader of DAoC.
- 03/24 - Ultima Online branch closed. 
- 06/08 - The Guild Names document was revised by the High Council.
- 01/19 - Lady SweetPe is named High Council Scribe.
- 03/09 - Philosophy and Duke Officer Mandate were revised by the High Council.
- 06/01 - Charter is amended by the High Council.
- 06/15 - Charter is amended by the High Council.
- 06/26 - Star Wars: Galaxies released and branch opened.
- 06/29 - Count Gilenrod is promoted to Duke and Branch Leader of DAoC, following Duke Skorj's departure.
- 10/12 - Standards & Conventions amended by the High Council.
- 12/09 - Horizons released and branch opened.
- 02/04 - Standards & Conventions amended by the High Council.
- 03/14 - Count Asrana is promoted to Branch Leader of DAoC following Duke Gilenrod's departure.
- 03/21 - Resignation & Reinstatement document revised by the High Council.
- 04/24 - Charter and Standards & Conventions were amended by the High Council.
- 05/02 - Charter and Standards & Conventions were amended by the High Council.
- 05/23 - Charter and Standards & Conventions were amended by the High Council.
- 07/09 - Horizons branch closed.
- 08/28 - Count Asrana steps down as DAoC Branch Leader. Lords Ayeone and WilhelmG split the Branch Leader and Realm Leader positions.
- 09/12 - Charter is amended by the High Council.
- 11/04 - EverQuest 2 released and branch opened.
- 11/23 - World of Warcraft released and branch opened with Lord Eagle as Realm Leader and Countess Cnedran as Branch Leader.
- 02/13 - The Guild Names document was revised by the High Council.
- 10/19 - Charter and Standards & Conventions were amended by the High Council.
- 11/06 - Philosophy revised by the High Council.
- 12/30 - EverQuest Branch closed. 
- 02/26 - Star Wars Galaxies branch closed.
- 02/28 - Dungeons & Dragons Online released and branch opened.
- 03/18 - Lord WilhelmG died.
- 04/30 - Standards & Conventions amended by the High Council.
- 06/30 - Vanguard branch opened, applies for game beta.
- 07/09 - Duke Lasarian promoted to Branch Leader for World of Warcraft.
- 01/30 - Vanguard released.
- 04/24 - Lord of the Rings Online released and branch opened.
- 05/06 - Dark Age of Camelot and The Realm  branches closed.
- 10/28 - Lady Roxanne takes the vacant WoW Realm Leader position.
- 01/27 - Duke Lasarian is promoted to Lord and Realm Leader of WoW. Count Talolan is promoted to Duke and Branch Leader. Roxanne is still on the High Council, but no longer Realm Leader.
- 06/09 - Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures branch opened.
- 07/20 - Count Quielin is promoted to Duke and Branch Leader of WoW. Talolan steps down.
- 09/15 - Warhammer Online released and branch opened.
- 10/19 - Resignation & Reinstatement document is revised by the High Council.
- 10/28 - Duke Gilenrod is promoted to Branch Leader of WoW. Quielin steps down.
- 11/15 - Resignation & Reinstatement document is revised by the High Council.
- 03/19 - Runes of Magic released and branch opened.
- 04/05 - Vanguard branch closed.
- 04/19 - Resignation & Reinstatement document is revised by the High Council.
- 05/17 - Warhammer Online branch closed.
- 05/26 - Age of Conan branch closed.
- 07/27 - Runes of Magic earns Duchy status.
- 07/25 - The High Council Officer Mandate was revised by the High Council.
- 09/15 - Age of Conan branch re-opened.
- 03/01 - Rift released and branch opened.
- 10/27 - Age of Conan re-closed; Runes of Magic closed.
- 12/20 - Star Wars: The Old Republic released and branch opened.
- 05/29 - Count Tundrra promoted Branch Leader of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Lord Lasarian vacates that position.
- 06/15 - Count Tundrra debuts the New OutRiders Newsletter.
- 08/08 - NOR is incorporated as a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization with the current High Council members as trustees: Lords Abin, Lasarian, Yavool, and Lady Roxanne.
- 08/19 - Guild Wars 2 branch opened. Champion Seyella promoted to Baroness and Branch Leader. Lord Lasarian and Lady Roxanne acting as co-Realm Leaders.
- 08/28 - Guild Wars 2 released.
- 10/02 - Marquis Talolan debuts the New OutRiders Podcast.
- 10/21 - Guild Wars 2 moved from Barony to County status. Branch Leader Seyella promoted to Countess.
- 11/16 - Dungeons & Dragons Online hosts the first Guild Unity Event.
- 01/18 - Star Wars: The Old Republic hosts the second Guild Unity Event.
- 03/03 - Neverwinter branch opened.
- 03/22 - EverQuest 2 hosts the third Guild Unity Event.
- 04/04 - Lord Lasarian launches online Roster and relaunches the Application.
- 04/27 - Neverwinter early access launch, provisional Barony created ingame.
- 04/30 - Neverwinter "soft launch" (open beta).
- 05/10 - Neverwinter hosts the fourth Guild Unity Event.
- 06/10 - Duchess Seyella granted LoA from Guild Wars 2, Baroness Brandy assumes command of the branch.
- 06/21 - Rift hosts the fifth Guild Unity Event.
- 07/15 - New OutRiders Newsletter releases its first anniversary edition.
- 10/06 - NOMAD branch opened.
- 10/13 - Baroness Brandy steps down as branch leader of Guild Wars 2. The next (and only) ranking officer remaining is Zallis.
- 10/22 - Zallis assumes command of the GW2 branch, which is essentially a provisional barony again.
- 10/28 - New OutRiders Podcast releases its first anniversary edition.
- 12/08 - Arttoheed promoted to Duke, made Branch Leader of SWTOR;
- 03/30 - Elder Scrolls Online provisional Barony formed in early release with Ojike as provisional Baron;
- 04/13 - Arttoheed placed on a ninety (90) day Leave of Absence at his request. Zyera, his second-in-command on SWTOR takes command during this period;
- 04/27 - Roxanne appointed Realm Leader of ESO;
- 06/01 - Ojike steps down as Branch Leader of ESO and Duchess Seyella takes over ESO;
- 07/20 - Arttoheed's LOA exceeds the ninety (90) days granted by the HC. Zyera is promoted to Duchess and appointed Branch Leader of SWTOR;
- 08/14 - Long-time member Trebble dies.
- 09/07 - Provisional Barony Elder Scrolls Online advanced to Provisional County per vote of the HC.
- 09/14 - Provisional Barony ArcheAge opened with Imaultis serving as branch leader and Jara an officer.
- 09/28 - The longest serving Lord of the High Council, Abin Sur takes an LoA.
- 12/08 - Bammer becomes Branch Leader of Neverwinter.
- 12/08 - Tundrra steps down from Neverwinter Branch Leader.
- 01/11 - High Council Member Roxanne takes LOA;
- 02/06 - Seyella steps down from Branch Leader of ESO
- 02/16 - Timaios becomes ESO branch leader
- 03/19 - High Council Member Lasarian takes a 90-day LOA; steps down from the HC on 5/19;
- 04/12 - Members Bammer, Ryland and Imaultis promoted to the High Council;
- 05/17 - Timaios steps down from ESO branch leader.
- 06/07 - Member Zyera promoted to the High Council;
- 07/11 - Member Tatsukki dies;
- 08/15 - Bammer steps down from Neverwinter Branch Leader
- 08/29 - Intisar becomes swtor branch leader
- 09/01 - High Council Member Bammer steps down.
- 09/13 - Rift realm closes
- 09/13 - Guild Wars 2 realm closes
- 09/27 - World of Warcraft realm closes
- 09/27 - Lord of the Rings Online realm closes
- 09/27 - Kermit is promoted to Branch Leader of Neverwinter and resumes Count rank.
- 10/11 - Elder Scrolls Online realm closes
- 11/10 - Beardy becomes branch leader of ArcheAge
- 11/15 - Expansion policy updated
- 01/15 - Kermit steps down from Neverwinter Branch Leader
- 01/22 - Phelaia is promoted to Neverwinter Branch Leader.
- 02/01 - Guild Wars 2 Re-opens after being closed with Windemere as branch leader
- 03/06 - Black Desert Online branch opens with Malkion as branch leader
- 03/13 - EverQuest 2 branch closes.
- 06/22 - High Council Member EdU steps down.
- 07/10 Guild War 2 becomes a full Duchy once again.
- 08/03 - High Council announces the move from Teamspeak 3 to Discord.
- 08/31 Count Malkion steps down from Branch Leader and Lord Ryland steps in to run Black Desert Online
- 09/26 Ryland promotes SanSing to Branch Leader and Countess of Black Desert Online
- 01/01 - New OutRiders commences its 25th year of continuous operation;
- 01/08 - High Council resolves to vote on reorganized and new Charter language by 3/26/17, although an unplanned absence later in March moves the deadline to 04/02;
- 04/02 - High Council ratifies new Charter;
- 04/28 SanSing promoted to Duchess of Black Desert Online by Lord Ryland
- 06/05 Verby becomes Branch Leader of ArcheAge
- 06/05 Imaultis Steps down from Realm Leader of ArcheAge and High Council
- 06/25 ESO reopened as a Provisional Barony under the Leadership of Baron Timaios
- 07/23 ESO raised to Provisional County and Baron Timaios promoted to Count.
- According to the history accounting by Mookster and a second source BloodCelt in a post on newoutriders.com dated 5/11/2005, this is when "New" was added to the previous guild name of OutRiders.
- This is the date of the earliest roster for the County of NWN, which lists twelve members. This is also the year that AOL expanded the server capacity from 50 players to 500.
- Most likely on or about its release date in January of 1996. According to meeting minutes on 11/30/1997 closing the branch was being considered by the HC, the remaining members on DSO notwithstanding. Regardless, servers were closed early in 1998.
- According to one site TSoY, FoT and RoC lingered until the end of the year, but this is the only verified date we have.
- Drawn from its public release date of 5/1/1998 and the surviving roster dated 6/28/1998. This game was apparently plagued by serious technical issues and may not have even survived the year.
- Moved to close in a meeting on 3/17/2002, tabled for further discussion and email. Appears to have been officially closed via an email vote of the HC on or before 3/24/2002. Mentioned in later minutes that same year in May, June and September as being closed already.
- There are posts on the old boards in September of 2005 about an HC meeting scheduled for 10/9/05 to discuss the status of the branch. Records are available of meetings before and after that date, but the 9th appears to be missing. There is no reference to it other than another post by Pug mentioning another meeting to discuss the same issue on "The meeting after next" which would have placed it on 10/23/05 - which again, there is no record of. There is no post explicitly indicating the branch had been closed nor any mention of any meeting thereafter. Pug reports on the forums in November of that year that in the previous month only two members had logged in, himself and Sarm. The latest roster from EQ is from Rathe but is dated January 3, 2006. It seems likely the branch was closed in late 2005. --Lasarian (talk) 06:19, 20 September 2013 (CDT)
- TR reported thirty-two members in January of 2005, eighteen in August of 2005 and finally twelve in December of 2005; it continued to report twelve members when it was closed in May of 2006, but may have been effectively abandoned the year prior.