|Dates Occupied:||Feb 2017 - present|
TableTop formally known as "pen, paper and PC".
The D&D topic pops up in the NORforums every couple years without fruitation but here is some good news.
Since around September 2016 a NOR group has started a weekly RPG night and it has been a ton of fun! So a huge thanks to Lasarian and Talolan for getting me motivated to play. It has taken a lot of work and effort to get multiple time zones and schedules coordinated but we have successfully had several great gaming sessions and we are in the middle of a awesome campaign.
The list of interested players is continuing to grow which is very exciting, however our group size can only be so big:( So if anyone does want to attempt to start another night of gaming I can offer some advise on how we are running things and help get out the word to interested parties if you want to try and fill a group.
First off here is the set up we are currently using:
- The game we are currently playing is D&D 5e. (However any game works)
- The visuals: roll20.net is what we are using for the UI. (However FantasyGrounds also works)
- both company's have a deal with Wizards of the West Coast for official premade content, which really speeds things up for your DM:)
- Both support Ingame group webcam video and voice chat.
- Both roll your dice and do the addition to speed up combat so you can focus on story vs counting:) - I have been impressed with Roll20's character sheets, it is full of some great macros when using your abilities and skill checks
- For audio we use Discord due to the push to talk feature and mobility.
- For coordination, recaps and harassing fellow party members throughout the week we have a Discord pm group set up.
- The group consists of our DM and 5 adventurers. Then we have a couple players we call on when we are short. We have players RSVP the day before so we know if we need to find someone to fill in.
- Really the best thing you can get is a Talolan:) He is our DM, he researches the campaign and is prepared and confident in the story each week, while we adventurers fumble around in the dark dungeons:p
I hope our little gaming society can help others connect over the World Wide Web and play the games of yesteryear in a digital age!
|Aug 2017 issue 52|
Under raging storm clouds, a lone figure stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. The vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stares down a sheer cliff at the village below. A cold, bitter wind spins dead leaves about him, billowing his cape in the darkness.
Lightning splits the clouds overhead, casting stark white light across him. Strahd turns to the sky, revealing the angular muscles of his face and hands. He has a look of power-and of madness. His once hand some face is contorted by a tragedy darker than the night itself.
Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind's howling increases as Strahd turns his gaze back to the village. Far below, yet not beyond his ken, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd's face forms a twisted smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they have come-all according to his plan. He, the master of Ravenloft, will attend to them.
Another lightning crash rips through the darkness, its thunder echoing through the castle's towers. But Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind-or perhaps a lone wolf- fills the midnight air. The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
| Duke Talolan
|Apr 2017 issue 48|
"Pen, Paper and Roll20" has been renamed to NOR TableTop. We now have 2 nights of gaming in full swing on Mondays and Wednesdays. Our newest session is still looking for one more player, every other Monday starting at 10est / 7pst, which is perfect for our west coast members.
The Monday night players are just beginning their first couple of chapters in "Mines of Phandelver" which is a great introduction to D&D 5e!
The Wednesday night group is full and the just finished their second storyline, "White Plume Mountain" with only one player death:p and they are starting "Curse of Strahd" this week.
| Lord Tundrra
*NOR/LD - RL:NW