Stealth Mechanics

Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Stealth Mechanics

Post by Talolan »

Update 28 was all about Stealth mechanics. This is the video for update 28 on the kickstarter campaign.

Mark also did an interview with MMORPG.com about stealth mechanics.
MMORPG: It’s been a long time coming that people found out how you’re going to handle Stealth in CU. What’ve you learned from time spent on DAoC and WAR, to help influence your decisions with Camelot Unchained?

Mark Jacobs: First, I wanted to build a stealth mechanic that is geared to the RvR focus of Camelot Unchained, one that gives stealthers the ability to play a major role in the game. Second, I wanted to design a system that rewarded solo play stealthers while discouraging roaming groups of them since in a game like CU, where we want players of all levels in RvR, their impact could be substantial. Third, I dislike the movement slowdown of some stealther implementations because that gets old fast. Finally, I wanted to see if I could design something that will be both fun for the stealthers and not incredibly frustrating for their victims. I also looked at the implementation of the mechanic in every MMORPG I’ve played and a few others that I didn’t.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Re: Stealth Mechanics

Post by Roxanne »

I really like the idea of Veil walkers and stalkers. What do you think Talo? I know you like to play challanging classes and kill peeps (you pk'er you!!). I could totally see myself playing a Veil Stalker. Interesting idea :D
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Post by Talolan »

I like the mechanic. It's a lot like when Frodo puts on the ring.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Skorj
Duke
Duke
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons
House: Unicorn
Record: http://newoutriders.org/member/Skorj

Post by Skorj »

I'm really thinking my main will be a stealther of some sort - they had the most fun in the first game IMO.
Skorj
*NOR/Duke DDO - Stormreach Duchy
NOR to the core since aught one.
rallis
Duke
Duke

Post by rallis »

Agreed.
Rallis,

Marquis

Return to “Camelot Unchained”