EQ2 GLUE event

Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon

Re: EQ2 GLUE event

Post by Gilen »

I am not sure if I will make it but just in case I downloaded the EQ2 program (all 16 gb's) and tried to setup a character. I chose a thief since it was one of the allowed classes for the F2P. go through all the work to set him up and when i tried to go into the world I am told I can't because the class is not a valid class and it kicked me out of the player. If I were looking to try this game out to make a decision to pay for it...that would be all she wrote. I will try again later but at this point I am not sure I want to bother anymore if the game is so buggy I can't even make a basic character.

:supermad
Ryland
Lord
Lord
Realm: Warcraft

Post by Ryland »

That is very odd Gilen. According to what I can find you should be able to play either a Swashbuckler or a Brigand in the Rogue class. I will look into it and see if I can figure out whats going on and help you out. Hopefully it was just a minor issue due to the big update today. Sorry for your troubles and I hope that we can get this working for you.
Ryland
*NOR/RL-BDO
HC Realm Leader BDO - Velia 02 channel
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

Tried again before I went to bed and this time it went through OK. So I have a swashbuckler. Played around for a few min's but it was late. I will try to do some more at some point and try and find you online.
Riveni
Count
Count
Realm: Neverwinter
Record: Recruited 1-22-2008 VSoH
Squired 2-08-2008
Squire Court 3-15-2008
Squire Elite 5-17-2008
Baron 6-18-2008, bestowed by Leorik & Kennae
Count 5-7-2013, bestowed by Tundrra

Post by Riveni »

Gilen wrote:I am not sure if I will make it but just in case I downloaded the EQ2 program (all 16 gb's) and tried to setup a character. I chose a thief since it was one of the allowed classes for the F2P. go through all the work to set him up and when i tried to go into the world I am told I can't because the class is not a valid class and it kicked me out of the player. If I were looking to try this game out to make a decision to pay for it...that would be all she wrote. I will try again later but at this point I am not sure I want to bother anymore if the game is so buggy I can't even make a basic character.

:supermad
Gilen, I am assuming you meant you created a Swashbuckler or Brigand, the only rogue classes open to F2P. Now the question is what race did you choose? There are only four available there as well - Human, Erudite, Barbarian, and Half-elf.

For others getting ready for this, the other classes available are Guardian (Warrior), Berserker (Warrior), Wizard (Mage), Warlock (Mage), Templar (Priest), and Inquisitor (Priest).
Riveni
NOR/CT
Ryland
Lord
Lord

Post by Ryland »

Glad to hear you were able to get things going Gilen. Sorry you had to deal with the issues though. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Look forward to seeing you in game.
Ryland
*NOR/RL-BDO
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I have a char, Ryland, but I need to get her tagged! I made her a LONG time ago and only played her a couple of times....never could find anyone to tag me. Of course that was way before you picked up the reins!

And, Gil, glad you kept at it hon! See y'all soon!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Ryland
Lord
Lord

Post by Ryland »

I will try and make myself a bit more available for tagging. Been having some RL issues that have prevented me from logging on as often as I would like.
Ryland
*NOR/RL-BDO
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Let's all /bump for GLUE!!!!
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Ryland
Lord
Lord

Post by Ryland »

Can't wait to see everyone. Getting excited for the day to finally arrive, its kinda like Christmas :D
Ryland
*NOR/RL-BDO
Ojike
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

Ryland wrote:Can't wait to see everyone. Getting excited for the day to finally arrive, its kinda like Christmas :D
I know! I haven't gotten to see so many NORbies in so long! :D
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy

Return to “The Mariners' Bell”