And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Ethereal Shades- A word of caution

Post by tornnomar »

Hail All!

So as some of you may have noticed, if you run a Master Expedition and use a rune or two or three:) you may get an Essence of (insert name here). These Essence's coincide with the the quest you did while leveling when you had to go and cleanse Vanrak's ghosts.
They are longing, sorrow, regret, despair, doom.

In some Boss battles inside a ME a Wraith type creature may spawn after you defeat bosses or groups of enemies. You can interact with it too. If you do not have any of the Essence it wants it'll just tell you how sad, lonely, sorrowful, etc..it is. But if you do have an Essence it desires I heavily advise to weigh your options before handing it over. LOL!

In short, do not give the Essence if your running solo (like I did) it doesn't end well. These creatures that spawn are absolutely tough as nails and will hand you your rear end right quick. (Think running a Donjon card in a Barovia Rank 3 hunt solo for an idea) They have very hard hitting attacks and the one I encountered tonight attacked like the Sisters of Fury, red chains and all. Painful it was:)

I would seriously recommend a full party before even attempting to hand the Shade any Essence. These creatures can Drop a piece of the Watcher Set, thought it is acct bound and may not be for your class!
I googled Ethereal Shade Neverwinter and found this:

https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/201 ... tcher-set/

They had a party of five and had a rough go of it.

Have fun under a mountain!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: Ethereal Shades- A word of caution

Post by Phelaia »

FYI, the Essences are dropping in the Warden Expeditions. If you see a very depressed shade, think twice before you give her the meds.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”