Mod16: Barbarian

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Mod16: Barbarian

Post by Ziek88 »

Great Weapon Fighters change to Barbarian.

The DPS path is "Blademaster"
This looks much like the GWF we know right now. Seems to play and build about the same. Not really much to discuss here.

The Tank path is "Sentinal"
At initial look I don't buy it as a viable option. I think it will suffer from the same issues the tank path for GWF always has. It will excel at gaining aggro and ignoring control abilities but in order to not die, the Tank Barb will still have to dodge a lot. This means mobs moving rather than clumping which is very bad for the party trying to kill those targets. It does have a feat that lets it attack much faster which could potentially pair with the new Boon that heals you via at-wills and such.

I suspect instead of being a true tank, this will be better served in content that maybe needs the party to split and fight on more than one front much like was common in the early days of Neverwinter. The Barb in that scenario tanking but only for itself while the rest of the group handles another challenge in the same battle. One of the common old Mad Dragon tactics was the GWF battled the boss on one side of the room completely alone while the party contained and battled all the ads on the other side of the room.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954

Return to “Information & Updates”