mod16: Warlock Discussion

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

mod16: Warlock Discussion

Post by Ziek88 »

I am very pleased with this outcome. The really nailed the warlock changes in mod15 and it seems they only built upon that success. The rare and elusive somehow better sequel.

Very little has changed about the warlock so I'll just hit the main bits in the 2 paths.

The Damage Path is still "Hellbringer"
Largely played the same. The abilities have not changed. View it as if it is Hellbringer Fury in mod15 but with extras! They have given the build perks that were in the Damnation path around the soul puppet. Some increased damage and beneficial puppet powers without sacrificing that high damage of Fury. They have also taken soul sparks which were in the other paragon and made them a part of this build. This is basically Hellbringer Fury play style with the damage of Hellbringer Fury, Damnation tree and Soul Sparks rolled in to one.

The Healer Path is "Soulweaver"
This one is interesting but I'm looking forward to it. Largely built around the warlock retaining high amounts of lifesteal methods and self healing. It gets some direct heal options but it largely functions the same way with trickle heals splashing to the party. Those heals are just much higher than they were and much more controllable than they were before. The interesting part is where the warlock can choose to redirect party damage to itself putting pressure on the warlock to heal itself through the damage. It also has a way where it starts taking damage over time but buff/heals the party at a high level. This looks like a very fun play style to me and i am very excited for it. This looks like a high risk, high reward kind of play.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: mod16: Warlock Discussion

Post by Phelaia »

Found this guide on the Mod 16 SW:
https://nw.mmominds.com/2019/03/03/mod- ... ompendium/

FYI, I don't play SWs. I don't remember how to play an SW. So those who play SWs, take this as food for thought.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Charisma has historically had good guides. That one doesn't have much to it yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes good closer or right after launch. Of all the warlock guides I have ever read, Charisma's are the only ones I ever felt understood how a warlock worked.

I also suspect builds are gonna be far more optional. I found about 3 rotations for the hellbringer alone I would use and loadouts specific to thoelse rotations pending what I was fighting. I can actually see a reason to want multiple loadout variants coming.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Camdyn Mercer
Recruit

Post by Camdyn Mercer »

All of this almost makes me want to switch to my lock as my main.... food for thought over the next couple of weeks.

Return to “Information & Updates”