Not a fan of mod15

nmates
Knight
Knight
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Not a fan of mod15

Post by nmates »

Mod15 is a big dud for me, almost as bad as mod6. Penny Arcade has left a sour taste in my mouth for years -- even before incidents like this. Their brand of humor has always struck me as being jerks for the sake of being jerks.

I had been in professions across 14 toons, even up to MW3 on one, but I really don't like this new system. It's a ton more busywork and micromanagement to get things done, and the tutorials go on forever. Running over to Sage Bradda's shop for a long chat and back was bad enough on one toon; don't want to do that 13x more.

Some of the new professions UI is ok, but some are absolutely garbage: endless scrolling lists of randomly sorted items, and artisan applicant comparisons. The materials merchant is one example of the long lists -- multiple screens high of items that are in some known-only-to-the-designer order. Not alphabetized. Not searchable. Not even categorized where I can search for alchemy-related items. Same with the old materials/tools exchanges -- giant lists.

For applicants, the UI needs a redo -- you can only accept/deny applications, and you might as well keep an external spreadsheet to see if the applicant is worth it. When hovering over gear, you get stats compared to existing item(s). Not with applicants -- just a few stats, and a accept/decline. I should be able to compare any/all applicants against existing ones, and choose whom to keep/reject, much like adding/sorting/discarding a hand of cards in Dominion.

The whole mod seems even more alt-unfriendly than before, where character-bound RP is handed out from ex-salvage and overflow rewards. You used to be able to transfer much more to/from alts, to boost either your main or the alts. Plus, most of the cutscenes aren't skippable -- there should be an account-wide unlock after getting your workshop to level 2 that skips the endless tutorials and yapping.

I do not care about only the epically hard versions of dungeons returning from mod5 - which requires playing thru the campaign. I'd just like them back as regular L60/70 dungeons, w/o unlocks. I'm not a fan of pain and suffering that the 1%ers enjoy -- still have not run any dungeon added in mod 10+ (FBI, Svardborg, TONG, CODG, CR, etc). Only Merchant Prince's Folly seems aimed at people who are normal players.

Also, we're going to need to be extra smart about SH upgrades. In the past, I was able to craft a ton of AD, gold, jewels, etc for the mimic. Now, AD & gold crates are completely gone -- open up that pocketbook if you want to donate. Part of me suspects that with the rumors of SH level 21+ in mod16, they want guilds to pay up and not craft their way to success.
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
Realm: Guild Wars 2
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Re: Not a fan of mod15

Post by tornnomar »

So much not Alt-friendly. I agree totally. As of now, I have only had one toon complete the professions tutorial. Everyone else is stuck at various stages in the tutorial.
I can only get 80/100 for weekly acorns for AI on the toon that completed the tutorial
When on preview, we complained on the forum that this mod shouldn't go live, but Cryptic has overseers that said it must go live!

This ranks up there with Mod 6
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”