And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

lol, what! Wrong disc!

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/!

So for the last few days I have been on my old gaming laptop (which has aged beyond use) because my new rig's HDD failed. So I bought an SSD and a new HDD and used the recovery disc that came with the computer.......Opps! Nope, They put the wrong recovery disc in the box! I, yesterday, reinstalled, and its Windows 10 PRO! Not HOME Edition. So the product key won't work. I contacted CyberPowerPC via support and have asked them to give me a Valid Pro product key, so we'll see what happens but I suspect they;ll send me a Home Edition disc and I'll have to yet reinstall.
So I am on my old gaming laptop which was good 2 years ago but is worthless now:) Wiped off a year or two of dust, she does alright but UGH!
I'll get it corrected as I have demanded a PRO key from CyberPowerPC. You put the wrong disc in the box? You fix it!

lol! I did start a gemcutter in the SH. Im off to pillow land.

See ya NOR!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: lol, what! Wrong disc!

Post by Ziek88 »

If Cyberpower is slow about fixing this you should be able to download an ISO from microsoft. They usually have them all available for download. Your product key should be able to activate it if I am remembering how OEM licensing works correctly. Been awhile since I had to do that. The last time I had to do this was winXP and vista hadn't been released yet. My install disk was unreadable so I needed to make a new one. Wasn't an OEM license though so wasn't the same scenario.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Thanks Rain for starting the gem cutter!
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

lol, I learned that win10 Home and Pro are on the same disc. I was able to activate Pro using WindowsToolKit, so I'm good:) I may have failed to see the choice button for Home or Pro. IDK, but what I do know is that the product key on my motherboard is not the same as the one on the side of the tower. Both of them are for Home though, so neither would have helped. But I'm back up and running and thats all that matters:)

Yep Ziek, I downloaded Win10 and made a boot USB, but thankfully didnt have to use it. And no thanks need Phel, we need them, so it was a no brainer!

Where I ran into issues was with Discord. When I reinstalled, it wanted 2FA verification, which I never enabled. I made a post about it in the Discord section. I'm now Rain#7804 instead of #8009 as I made a new account.
I asked that that Rain be kicked and that my new self be given the permissions, voice activity and such and I've made sure that 2FA is turned off!
Phel I'll also need to be re invited to the Alliance discord as well. I can Join them but I'm not sure if anything else needs done on your end.

Thanks guys:)
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “The Moonstone Mask”