Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups

Post by Talolan »

Falmer make good targets for arrows.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

***potential spoiler for those who gave not played Skyrim/its expansions***

ESO is set before Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim right? Is it also set before Arena and Daggerfall? I would like to see some content relating to the war with the Dwemer as well as more Snow Elves than what Dawnguard gave us.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Ojike wrote:***potential spoiler for those who gave not played Skyrim/its expansions***

ESO is set before Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim right? Is it also set before Arena and Daggerfall? I would like to see some content relating to the war with the Dwemer as well as more Snow Elves than what Dawnguard gave us.
The timeline still isn't right. Not at all. The Dwemer betrayed the Falmer, and basically lead them to being the mindless beings they are now. But the Dwemer disappeared in 1st Era 700 so it had to be before that. ESO is in 2nd Era 583.

Beyond that the Falmer weren't rediscovered in their dungeons until 3rd Era 427 and didn't become a 'common' sight until the 4th Era.

ESO takes place BEFORE Tiber Septim unified the empire, but AFTER the ancient races all died out.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Sad day, no true Falmer or Dwemer then. :(
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Ojike wrote:Sad day, no true Falmer or Dwemer then. :(
Not unless ESO plays fast and loose with the established canon.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Ojike
Baron
Baron

Post by Ojike »

Talolan wrote:
Ojike wrote:Sad day, no true Falmer or Dwemer then. :(
Not unless ESO plays fast and loose with the established canon.
As much as I would love to play either, I don't want the lore being destroyed.
Ojike *NOR/GR
-John F Kennedy
Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

Talolan wrote:The timeline still isn't right. Not at all. The Dwemer betrayed the Falmer, and basically lead them to being the mindless beings they are now. But the Dwemer disappeared in 1st Era 700 so it had to be before that. ESO is in 2nd Era 583.

Beyond that the Falmer weren't rediscovered in their dungeons until 3rd Era 427 and didn't become a 'common' sight until the 4th Era.

ESO takes place BEFORE Tiber Septim unified the empire, but AFTER the ancient races all died out.

How do you KNOW all this stuff? I mean, I have played all the games and what you are talking about is not unknown to me but being able to just pluck those dates and everything out of your head or even knowing what era what happened in....Is there someplace that lays all this out? I ask because I have long wanted to run a tabletop RP game based on this world and would love to have a resource I could look this stuff up on.
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

I do a pretty good job of remembering which Era stuff belongs to, but I can never remember the specifics. There are two fairly good Elder Scrolls Wikis that I refer to regularly.

The Elder Scrolls Wiki - This one is a great source of game information (crafting recipes, quest help, etc).
The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - This wiki has a lot more detailed lore information. As far as video game world "lore" goes, UESP is probably the second best Wiki there is. The best being the WoWpedia.

You'll notice if you do a lot of digging, that the period ESO is set in is kind of a big "blind spot" in the overall lore of Nirn so Zenimax Online should have at least some freedom.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Gilen
Baron
Baron
Realm: RIFT

Post by Gilen »

outstanding! Thank you! I have been looking for something like this.
pinky
Knight
Knight
Realm: ArcheAge
Record: Unicorns Rule!!!
Have you not seen the last unicorn?
Kick a tree and three griffons fall out,
the rareity of unicorns to griffons,
can be as diamonds to coal.
:-)

Post by pinky »

:hailnor
I am currently signed up for this beta,
I listed NOR as my guild,
and that I have played all of the elder scrolls games
since Dagger Fall.

Pinky
Think of the worst thing, then think of the best thing...I am somewhere in the middle.

Return to “The Dirty Goat”