Stronghold upgrade cost spreadsheet

nmates
Knight
Knight
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Stronghold upgrade cost spreadsheet

Post by nmates »

Rather than just email thoughts to Dru over in-game email, I thought I'd put together a spreadsheet listing what it'll take before we can begin to think about the next Guildhall update:

Google Spreadsheets link

Let me know if you want editing access, or spot a typo in things.

Thinking behind this list.
- Guildhall 13 is next medium term goal, as GH13 unlocks a new boon plot
- Ordering in this spreadsheet is the same as mimic (left-right) and ingame Guild::Stronghold page
- To get GH13, we need 9 structures at rank 6 or higher. The GH counts as one of those structures, and have Stable 6 already. We'd need to get 7 more structures to rank 6, so I took the ones we have and listed out their costs.
- I grayed out the rows/columns that we already have accomplished

The "Grind" row at bottom is how much of each column we'll need to get before we could even set GH13 as the overall target.

Some things that stand out to me:
- We really don't need to try and boost wood/stone/metal/food production. Food is the biggest of those categories at 161K. Assuming reasonable tending of the farm, we generate 5-7K food per day. That's ~32 days worth of tending at 5K food, 23 days of tending at 7K.

- Treasures of Tyranny is the biggest outstanding grind, requiring 1.8 million. After that, next biggest is Heroic Shards -- we're going to be doing Builder quests until our eyes bleed. Gems is high, and those drop slowly. Surplus Equipment is high, but Quartermaster enchants and professions can grind those out.

- I have no recommendation on what to do next of the targets at this time, I'll leave that to people's comments.

But, in the meantime, I recommend go pound out the Builder quests that give shards, and get back into the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. If nothing else, in ToD, figure out what it takes to get the Protecting the Portal quest, for a weekly giving AD and some ToD currency.

Mod 11.5 (drops early-May) should have things to try and grind out some of these currencies. I hope.

Benn
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: Stronghold upgrade cost spreadsheet

Post by Phelaia »

Thanks for the spreadsheet, Benn!

Guild Hall 13 is...well, more like a long term project for a guild our size. We'll get there eventually.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

Updated things tonight after Farm6 started baking. Nice to zero out a whole row.

I've also enabled comments on that Google Spreadsheet, so that anyone visiting by that link above can leave a comment.
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Huzzah! Both to the goal and the spreadsheet updating!
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

Some ideas on how we're going to get the next upgrade done, which is most blocked on gems.

1) Quartermaster's enchantments. See this blog post for more info, but apparently if you have QM 11% chance total slotted, wait for a 2x Enchants weekend, and open away. I'm currently saving up spoils of war for this, as the next 2x Enchants is soonish. Passing around all the QM8/9s I have between my toons ought to get me near 11% chance. And, use the QM enchants for when we need lots of surplus equipment.

2) Gemcutter (temporary). On the Guild's SH page, in the "Millabout Market (Temp (Small))" location, double-click on that and we can hire a temporary gemcutter. That'd cost 23K labor, 31K metal, 34K stone, 40K wood. The last three, we have in spades -- those tendable resources are fully capped out, and we're not getting anything for them sitting at full. We can tend 5-7K per day per type, so that's 8 days of wood. The labor would be a bigger cost.

What this would give us: 144 gems per hour, for 7 days. That's 24K gems if we tend that every 8 hours.
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

I think using the gemcutter earlier rather than later would be good. Our guild is really good at putting us over the top when it looks like we're only blocked on one category.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Onyx Ofnor
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

I think the gemcutter is a great idea. I can dedicate a profession spot too the corvere of labor task for a bit. 11 toons I think can do it so that should help. I'll poke around tonight and see what I can come up with there. I suspect the labor while a challenge will take less time than actually gathering the gems.

Thoughts on reinstituting weekly tiamat runs to help with the ToD needs? I feel like the weekly cache of the dragon queen should give a good chunk of resource and 1 is guaranteed per week for everyone who does it. I cannot confirm at the moment the value of that item towards the coffer.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

Also, when the Siege of Neverwinter returns on May 25th, hitting that hard with DPS toons would help a lot. First time that appeared, the vouchers from the siege filled up our ToD mimic needs really quickly. The vouchers have been nerfed somewhat, but we'd get vouchers for most SH currencies we need except for heroic shards of power.
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Its pretty staggering when you look at it, the spreadsheet. Its one thing to know we need 100k blah, but its another to see all the needed numbers.

Thanks Benn for putting the work both in game and in your free time outside the game:)
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Despite the staggering numbers, we've been able to upgrade structures faster than I thought possible. And running the siege has definitely be the fastest way for me to contribute to the coffers with my limited time in game.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Onyx Ofnor

Return to “Stronghold”