<spoilers>Lost Mine of Phandel - Tales of Whitepaw the Bard

Kermit
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

<spoilers>Lost Mine of Phandel - Tales of Whitepaw the Bard

Post by Kermit »

The Legendary Chronicles of Raharmir Whitepaw the bard as live and recounted by Raharmir Whitepaw himself, Greatest bard to walk this land.
Mirtyl : 1481 DR The Year of the Grinning Halfling
Lost Mine of Phandelver – Rescue from RedBrand Hideout, Phandallin, Wyvern Tor

This is my first entry. I met a new party who are saying they rescued me from the RedBrand Hideout. In reality, I had made myself caught by this group of NotGreen villains, banking on their stupidity to tell me where I could find this Black Spider I had heard rumors off. I felt like this group of adventurers needed my protection (some might say I owe them a debt...) so I decided to join my steps with theirs. First there's the smart one, Baiz. I say smart, he's got the looks of it, always in his magic books. He seems to know his craft. Next is a overly religious dwarf. As any dwarf he thinks any and every cavern has to be own by him, hence some treasure hunting for a Wave Echo Cave. I do like the sound of treasure. Next come two generic meat shield. Rupert, a halberd wielding fighter who has seen things that and Nieroma, a smelly righteous half-orc that like dogs too much for my taste. Finally Nicnivin is your typical wood elf that thinks she higher than other races. She's a good shot so she gets a pass.

After my rescue we headed to Phandallin, a town who needs a hero. Good thing I showed up. I performed for free at the local inn, bestowing my unique skill to the populace and we then headed out to Old Owl Well. Now crossing the Wyvern Tor region, Nieroma must have alerted his siblings as we came across a cave filled with orcs. I attempted diplomacy, but talking with orcs is like talking with rocks, it's a one way conversation. I cooked their leader in it's own armor while other dispatched the rest of them.
Yours truly always have there to save the day.
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 2

Post by Kermit »

The Legendary Chronicles of Raharmir Whitepaw the bard as live and recounted by Raharmir Whitepaw himself, Greatest bard to walk this land.
Kythorn : 1481 DR The Year of the Grinning Halfling
Lost Mine of Phandelver – Old Owl Well

Leaving the smelling orc cave, we headed our way to Old Owl Well. The crumbling tower is as advertised, old and on it's way to be a well. An hermit necromancer named Hamun Kost (Pronounced Ha-hum What). Because I'm awesome I was allowed to explored the inside of the camp while the group parlayed with the wizard. There was nothing of value, so since the group was so keen on talking with Old Owl Psycho I persuaded him to journey with us to Agatha's Lair. I'm that good.
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 3

Post by Kermit »

Lost Mine of Phandelver – Agatha's Lair and Cragmaw Castle - Part 1

So we traveled with the necromancer Ha-hum What to Agatha's Lair. What a lovely gentleman with some dark taste. Probable because of my presence we didn't meet too much resistance until the banshee's lair. The party wanted to ask her question. Everyone knows banshee's are evil, but looks like people in these strange parts like to trade with them. I found information about a great spell book, others whereabouts of the black spider. In the end there wasn't much artifact to be worth it so we went our way to Cragmaw Castle while Ha-Hum What went back to his tower. The coward. I will find a way to repay him.
After some rest we headed to the Castle. Upon arrival, yours truly sneak in using the back entrance, to find those stupid goblins sleeping at the look out post. Such an easy entrance. My instinct never failing me, once we were inside, a quick turn left lead us to Baiz' goal of the altar room. I yelled watch out, a Grick fell from the ceiling to attack us (or a Grick fell from the ceiling and I yelled watch out... but that's minor details).
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 4

Post by Kermit »

Lost Mine of Phandelver – Cragmaw Castle - Part 2

So here we are facing a Grick, how ugly are those these things? As ugly as Rupert's mom, but we shouldn't tell him that, he's the susceptible type. I guess the fact this is a now castle own by goblins, creatures inhanbiting it are weaklings. Rupert's mom might have been ugly, but she sure raised a strong boy. Smashed that beak to dust while I was doing the heavy lifting of the group distracting a score of goblins that had joined the Grick.
The Grick was guarding the shrine that required cleansing. Baiz wanted to stop right there and do it, yet we had more creatures to deal with first. Exploration of the castle lead us to the a room with a tapped owlbear. What a sad state the creature was, being tortured and toyed with by goblinoids. Nicnivin's well placed arrows and Nieromma brute force sent it to a better place. I shed a tear.
Only one room was left to knock down, and sure enough King Grol (I think it's pronounced Kind Growl) was there. He had his pet wolf (another dog, I hate dogs) and to our surprise (well the group, not mine) 2 Gundren on the floor. I was never fooled and, as Baiz pointed out, saw through the disguise of a doppelganger. I mean Baiz explained it well, but I could have probably done it better, once I learned what a doppelganger was. As a great leader I again showed the party how to fight and we dispatched the wolf and the abomination, rescuing the real Gundren. With my great diplomatic skills we sent of Smooth Growl and his minions out of Cragmaw castle and tricked him to go investigate Old Owl Well. Ha-hum What is in for a surprise
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 5

Post by Kermit »

Flamerule : 1481 DR The Year of the Grinning Halfling
Lost Mine of Phandelver – Wave Echo Cave – Part 1

We entered the cave of wave echo lake. It has a lake which its waves in it echo, how original. Reports has it that the lake is one of the most treacherous body of waters in the region, and as such no one should approach it. I agree with this information we shouldn’t get close to the water, who knows what it hides in its dept. I digress, let’s go back to the adventure with my followers.
Upon the entrance we’ve met with Tundra’s cousin Thardren Rockseekers remains. Poor dwarf, we "tarded" to save "Thardren" and were too late... I will avenge him and his clan (or maybe that's what Tundra said, I don't remember). Gundren stayed behind while I went ahead and lead the party through the cave in search of a Black Spider. The first few rooms were uneventful. Some massive mosquitoes tried to such our blood, some skeletons raised from the floors, nothing we couldn't handle
Nieroma opened the door to a room containing an army of ghouls. Using my cat-like reflexes I closed it back, barred it and scolded Nieroma for being such a reckless endangerment to the group. We will have to come up with a plan, but first a rest was required. I guess Rupert was tired… what a slacker.
Yours truly again saved the day, the quote of the day shall go done the annals as Nieroma "I open the door" followed by "SHUT THE DOOR! SHUT THE DOOR!".
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 6

Post by Kermit »

Lost Mine of Phandelver – Wave Echo Cave – Part 2

After our short rest, it was time to deal with the army of ghouls. Full of confidence I inspired in my group, we dispatched the ghouls like it was hunting baby chicks for supper.
This next leg of our exploration started with meeting a crazed wraith named Mormesk (I think it's pronounced Mask-meh). The rest of the party was tired for some reason. This cat doesn’t rest so I chatted with the wraith in his room while others slept. I ain’t afraid of no ghost. Once we were set to leave this room, I took upon us to finish Mask-meh quest and rid the Echo Lake Cave of a spectator. Rupert was shivering as soon as he heard the beast nature and I had to re-assure him such a foul thing would simply be charmed by my voice, and as such he shall be able to destroy it while I had its attention. Sure enough, in the next room guarded by a set of double door, I went in and charmed the spectator. A few smack of backside halberd from Rupert (why he doesn’t use the regular side no one knows, I think he drinks too much and it impair his fighting style, but who I am to judge) and it was dead. We went back to collect our treasure from the wraith. Upon leaving the room Mask-meh, probably impress by my presence and my aura of courage, bestow upon me one of his priceless books with a map inside leading to an amazing treasure. I must say I was grateful since Mask-meh had often reminded us the penalty of touching one of his belonging was death. I pocketed the book in Nieroma’s backpack for further investigation once we dealt with the black spider.

Yours truly again found a way to make this journey epic. We rounded rumbles of the cave and saw something glowing green in the distance. I told the group to split, but they were too afraid as we had just found the reason for the booming echo: the lake itself. Anyway, as we climbed up a crevasse and investigated the glow, we were met by a Flaming Skull of Cool Green Color, a fireball and it’s minions.
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 7

Post by Kermit »

Lost Mine of Phandelver – Wave Echo Cave – Part 3

So we’ve resume our fight against Flaming Skull of Cool Green Color. His fireball outright fluffed Fluffy... I say good riddance, I never like the pooch but I’m not sure Nieroma is of the same opinion. Him and Rupert just took off and hid in a closet while we the real man (or shall I say cats) took care of business.
Nicnivin kept raining arrows on an army of zombies and ghouls, and none were up to the challenge; it was as if my bardic inspiration was guiding her arrow. Ok I admit, it was! I must say Baiz’ thunderboom (I think he calls it shatter for some reason, thunderboom is more impressive) was devastating for the Flaming Skull of Cool Green Color, but also very loud and that’s probably why so many arrow fodder came by.
Tundra did what Tundra does best, played wack-a-mole with a spiritual hammer on the undead army while most of them were stuck in Baiz’ web. That mage knows a lot. In fact, he knows so much that he once he told us a dead Flame Skull will come back to life unless doused in holy water, he also had to teach Tundra, a cleric, how to create such water. I mean Tundra did attempt to spit on the skull, I wonder if he thought his being was holy (in so-facto blessed spit) but the gods (and everyone else) laugh at his pathetic attempt.
Now as for yours truly, I was there to save the day again. Leaping across chasm, shooting arrows, smashing the incredible green flame skull to death. While the rest party was retreating I had to chase escaping ghouls around dark corridors and extinguish further menace.

Journal I must tell you, this bard is going straight down a legend.
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - Readme First

Post by Kermit »

Hey *NOR\\

My character Whitepaw is a bard, and as any true bard has been keeping a journal of his grand adventure. Someone will want to make a book of this later!

As the adventure itself is the Lost Mines of Phandelver, it does contain spoilers. If you play DnD you have been advised.
Feel free to add to each entry! I will edit and add details to them, and provide new details of our next sessions!

And yes, Whitepaw is a little bit "self-focus" and thinks he's the reason of the success, but in truth everything he has been able to witness wouldn't have been possible without the help of his great group of adventures

-Player 1: Tundrra (Tundra)
-Player 2: Nimm (Nieroma)
-Player 3: LadyRox (Nicnivin)
-Player 4: Baiz (Baiz)
-Player 5: Archon (Rupert)
and our awesome DM Talo (the keeper of the dice, prophet of what is to come)
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 8

Post by Kermit »

Lost Mine of Phandelver – Wave Echo Cave – Part 4

What a wimp... yep... Nimm the Wimp.. still mourning the death of the mooch... what a stooge!
Well at least Rupert came out of his stupor! But I think it still affected him, you'll see dear journal

After dispatching 18 (yes EIGHTEEN) ghouls and zombies, we crept forward in the mines. We got the surprise on a group of bugbear lead by another abominable doppelganger... or a aboganger... The thing was scared to it's bones and fled as soon as I tried to whispered to it... ah well.

We engaged the bugbear, one of the toughest opponent we faced in those caves. Rupert wasn't all there, actually went down for a nap during the fight. Nicnivin shoved her berries in his mouth and woke him up. Not sure if we should call them goodberries or awfulberries, but hey, it did the trick! Some of those bugging bears tried to sneak up on us from behind, but Baiz promptly put them to sleep. I was raining arrows to the knee, elbow, even grabbed a Javelin out of mid-air that was launched at me to promptly impale the bugbear back with it.. that's how you throw!

After we tracked down the footprints of aboganger, we open the door to an Epic Room. My cat like reflexes was able to sense the trap and alert our team:
4 giants spider crawling on the floor
A unconscious dwarf on the floor, (again!) This is deja-vu from Cragmaw Castle, I bet the dwarf is the aboganger

There is something else in the room would it be the Black Spider itself?

Epic room = epic fight, what's coming next will be indeed epic!
Kermit
Count
Count

Tales of Whitepaw the Bard - 9

Post by Kermit »

We've done it, and it was... wait for it.... LEGENDARY!

A quick recap:
- I lead the group in the Crash caves
- I cleared the dungeon, paving the way for group memories to share for generations
- We turned the corner and open the last dark door, only to be greeted by a Uglyganger, some webless spiders and a puny drow!

Yes I know dear journal, turns out The Black Spider (what a weak nickname) was a puny drow. The battle is one to remember. Arrows Flying, Halberd cleaving, Greatsword... greatslashing? The battle was over in less seconds than it takes to say:"I am Raharmir Whitepaw, the greatest bard to walk this land, meet your demise!" I took his staff as a conquest token. It's pretty, looks powerful, but so far seems useless.

As we finished the battle, we found Tundra's cousin Nundro's in the next room. Looks like the Wave Echo Caves are back in business!

Your humble servant and is his group of adventures heard about some most powerful item in the White Plume Mountain. Time to trek!

Return to “Adventure Journal <spoilers>”