Let's Watch the Overwatch World Cup Together!

Tyrandil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Let's Watch the Overwatch World Cup Together!

Post by Tyrandil »

Hail *NOR/

The Overwatch World Cup will be streamed live from Blizzcon on Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5. Teams from nations around the globe will be facing off for the title of best Overwatch team in the world. How fun would it be for all of us to get together and watch it live?

Of course we're too far apart geographically to get together in a physical living room to watch the game, but we can all get together on Discord and watch the match together. We all know the game well, so we can all follow what's going on, and we can all cheer together when someone makes a great play! Drinking beer (or whatever your beverage of choice is) is encouraged!

Phel and I will be on, watching the matches together, and we hope all of you can join us! I'll update this thread as the event gets closer and the schedule becomes more definite.

:hailnor
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Tyrandil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Let's Watch the Overwatch World Cup Together!

Post by Tyrandil »

So Phel and I have not been able to watch the World Cup because Blizzard scheduled the match pools and quarterfinals for really inconvenient times (basically work hours for me and Phel, or when our kids are still up). And - I concede - the drama of the World Series overshadowed the Overwatch world series just a little bit. :tongue2

And the USA is already out of the running, having lost 2-0 to South Korea this afternoon.

That said, the final match is going to be this Saturday (tomorrow) at 11:30 a.m. Won't know who exactly will be playing until the semifinals are over tonight, but it won't be the USA. :( Is there any interest in watching the finals live with us tomorrow?
I'm always down for a dungeon!

Return to “Overwatch”