<SWTOR> Knights of the Eternal Throne

Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: RIFT
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Re: <SWTOR> Knights of the Eternal Throne

Post by Teigra »

Sorry if I made you feel like going on a rant. I'm having a particularly salty week.
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Teigra wrote:Sorry if I made you feel like going on a rant. I'm having a particularly salty week.
Goodness gracious me! I hope you don't think I was ranting at you, because that's the last thing I would want to do!

Like a lot of folks, I'm holding my breath waiting for KotET news and hoping for the best. As much as I enjoyed the Fallen Empire story, the expansion certainly made it hard on guilds like NOR. One of the Bad Feeling guys asked Irving about directing and encouraging new players to try group content and I very much hope it's a notion that takes at BW.
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Post by Teigra »

Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Windemere »

Oh my gosh. Now I would pay a sub to get a blurr movie episode like that each month. :eek2

You can really see the influence from The Force Awakens in the trailer. The rainy weather, lighting, and several other shots remind me of the opening scene. That's not a bad thing.
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Well, that is arguably the best trailer they've done yet. Very impressive indeed. While I'm sure it is a coincidence, the similarity to Stranger Things is surprising.

Uprisings look to be new solo and small group content, so bully for that, but no word yet flashpoints or ops which makes me nervous.
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Intisar wrote:Well, that is arguably the best trailer they've done yet. Very impressive indeed. While I'm sure it is a coincidence, the similarity to Stranger Things is surprising.

Uprisings look to be new solo and small group content, so bully for that, but no word yet flashpoints or ops which makes me nervous.
I agree, the trailer was really amazing and beautiful. :D

I also don't see the extra chapters? I only see 1-9. Are they maybe releasing the later chapters info some other time or something? Before in KotFE it was Chapter 10, 11, 12 etc with all "unknown" chapter titles.

Maybe more info will come out of the Cantina event. :)
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Info from the NYC Cantina is beginning to emerge.

First off, the code for the free mount is:

NYCantina16

Enter that code on the Code Redemption page of your SWTOR.com account and you'll get a free speeder mailed to all of your characters!

Second, KotET will not launch with operations. The Uprising will be for 1-4 players and I hope they'll scale well with a full group.

They are looking at Ops for early next year. This is more or less on the same schedule that the Eternal Championship was supposed to launch for KotFE, so I wouldn't say that's a sure thing. But with luck, we'll see some ops soonish. /fingerscrossed

On thing on info page that Teigra linked above is the "Play Your Way" section: Choose to play any story chapter or battle in three new challenge levels – Story, Veteran, or Master mode – whatever suits your playstyle!

This sounds pretty neat to me. Between my characters entering the story with excellent gear and the ridiculous power of companions, the running around and fighting parts of KotFE have been pretty easy for me, so it'll be nice to ramp things up a bit.
Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

Zyera wrote:
Intisar wrote:Well, that is arguably the best trailer they've done yet. Very impressive indeed. While I'm sure it is a coincidence, the similarity to Stranger Things is surprising.

I also don't see the extra chapters? I only see 1-9. Are they maybe releasing the later chapters info some other time or something? Before in KotFE it was Chapter 10, 11, 12 etc with all "unknown" chapter titles.

I think those are going to be new chapters, if you read the descriptions of each chapter it looks like it picks up after KotFE.
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Kaurix wrote:
Zyera wrote:

I think those are going to be new chapters, if you read the descriptions of each chapter it looks like it picks up after KotFE.
Yes, that's what I am saying. You get 9 right off the bat but doesn't seem look like they're doing the monthly chapters releases like they advertised last time. Just curious what they will do instead.
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Zyera wrote: Yes, that's what I am saying. You get 9 right off the bat but doesn't seem look like they're doing the monthly chapters releases like they advertised last time. Just curious what they will do instead.
http://dulfy.net/2016/10/08/swtor-news-nycc-cantina/

According to the Cantina reports sent to dulfy, chapters will be coming in batches rather than one at a time every month. I wouldn't call this confirmed, but I am ambivalent about this news.

Return to “Game Updates”