<SWTOR> Knights of the Eternal Throne

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

<SWTOR> Knights of the Eternal Throne

Post by Intisar »

The next expansion was just announced at Star Wars Celebration.

No details yet but it will launch this fall. There maybe more info at the cantina event later today.
Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Re: <SWTOR> Knights of the Eternal Throne

Post by Windemere »

That concept art looks terrific.
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

I just want one of those spear light sabers!
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Instead of sharing cantina codes, there is only a single, universal code that anyone can redeem once:

CelebrationCantina16

Redeem the code at: swtor.com/redeem-code

The prize this time is a Korrealis Regent mount. http://tor-fashion.com/korrealis-regent/

Apparently there wasn't anything new revealed at the cantina. I guess we'll have to wait until after the season ends.
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Like the look, but scared it'll be like KotFE, very single-player focus, no difference in story based on class or faction, same grind and nothing for veterans.

I hope this Dark vs. Light event will have some impact in the story making one faction (Dark side :D )more powerful so the weaker (Light Side :tongue2) has to gather more resources or more FPs/Ops to change the balance. That would definitely get me reinvigorated in the game. But will still play, simply because a) it's Star Wars, and b) still enjoy playing with all my NORbie friends over there :D

May the Force be with this expansion.
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Post by Teigra »

There's a smidgen more info in this article.
Of course, The Old Republic is still an MMO, and Ohlen said there will be "a lot of great co-op and multiplayer challenges" included in Eternal Throne. The story focus is there, similar to Fallen Empire, but they redoubled their efforts to make the expansion attractive for their loyal subscriber base as well.
We shall see...
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Today's SWTOR Developer Livestream contained the usual amount of chat and fluff, but it did include some concrete information.

Next month's patch due September 7th, will include for folks subbed throughout Chapters 10-16, the HK-55 Chapter which looks to be humorous in tone and rewards a female-voiced droid companion. For players who have completed Chapter 16, the patch also comes with a recruitment mission for Sgt. Rusk and an chance to exact revenge upon another infamous companion.

A full information dump on Knight of the Eternal Throne will come at the next Cantina Event at NY Comicon over the weekend of October 6-9. BW is remaining typically tight-lipped, but KotET is still scheduled to launch in the Fall, so I think we can expect it to arrive around the same time as KotFE did last year.

Finally, they confirmed Dark vs. Light event will conclude a couple weeks before the KotET which matches the October date they previously mentioned. There is still plenty of time to earn some DvL rewards.
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Sounds like I need to log back in. Did make 2 characters for DvL, Bhooteshwara and Aiko Vandercamp, but they are still in their starting areas (DK and Tython respectively). Chapter wise, the only one I've finished is the one with Vette and Gault with Prard'elphi'nuroudo (still need to buy a rename so I can give her her full Chiss name finally :) ) so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Post by Teigra »

I don't think they're playing the hype game very well. I need to lower my expectations and hopes to match. :|
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

Teigra wrote:I don't think they're playing the hype game very well. I need to lower my expectations and hopes to match. :|
I don't envy Musco, since I think it's typical of MMOs communities to viciously criticize the Devs regardless of what, when and how much they say. The SWTOR subreddit, which used to be pretty mellow, now often runs the complete gamut between salty and toxic That's not to let BW off the hook, certainly how they hyped the Dark vs Light "event" left me disappointed and I've been enjoying KotFE quite a bit.

As far as what to expect from Bioware, I think it's best to not expect anything until it's announced.

However, Ben Irving gave an interesting interview to the Bad Feelings Podcast and talked about the decision making process behind KotFE and all but said new group content is coming. The interview is the focus of episode 123 and is worth a listen.

I have many guesses about what we'll see next, but I've never been good at predicting what BW will do.

Return to “Game Updates”