<SWTOR> Light vs. Dark Event details and rewards

Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

<SWTOR> Light vs. Dark Event details and rewards

Post by Intisar »

http://www.swtor.com/blog/dark-vs.-ligh ... wards-blog

There is a lot to unpack here and I'm still figuring it all out, but it looks like the event is focused on new characters created on and after next Tuesday June 28 with Tiered rewards based on how far you advance each character you create.

I am disappointed that there doesn't seem to be anything for our existing characters to do, but there do look to be a bunch of neat rewards, and as a guild, we can definitely set up nights where we can work together to knock off some of the group requirements.

The requirements for the highest level rewards are pretty bonkers and I will gladly tip my hat and help anyone who want to shoot for them.
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: <SWTOR> Ligtht vs. Dark Event details and rewards

Post by Zyera »

Interesting!! Thanks for the info :D
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

I am kind of split on this event, a lot of it seems like busy work and some of it seems like a way to get people to try different parts of the game that they normally wouldn't. I think most of the requirements are reasonable and pretty doable but the leveling 8 new chars to 50 and 2 to 65 is a little crazy. What do you all think?
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax
Galaxiya
Countess
Countess

Post by Galaxiya »

I'm with you Kaurix. No way I'm leveling that many toons, just not worth the time and energy it will take. :(
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

I think there are some neat rewards, but as events go this is really just last summer's Double XP event with a slightly different coat of paint.

That our mains or even alts we haven't played in a while are locked out of participating is a drag.

That said, the only tier of rewards that is truly nuts is the last one, and it shouldn't be too bad to get the others.

The freakout level over the announcement has dwarfed even the companion nerf outrage from which Bioware quickly backed down. While I doubt anything will change between now and Tuesday's launch maybe, maybe they'll react to the complaints about this event, many of which are completely justified.

It is weird time for this game. Veterans have been begging Bioware for new stuff to do, and to have the official response be "Level Moar Alts!" is, frankly, strange.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

I feel your pain, guys. I mean, I do like that they are at least trying something different than just a double XP summer, which is what I found interesting, but at the same time, there's nothing for veterans to do.

I may only have like 12 characters, so I think I have slots open, but I have done the class story missions dozens of times over since I delete toons. It hurts even more for people who keep toons and are maxed out already.

What kinda upset me was the idea of simply "move servers" which, yeah, but you lose everything: legacy unlocks, credits, guild, friends..

/sigh :/
Intisar wrote: It is weird time for this game. Veterans have been begging Bioware for new stuff to do, and to have the official response be "Level Moar Alts!" is, frankly, strange.
Yeah, it seems to be that more and more lately. They seem to hyper-focus on new/returning players for a few months and that's it. I feel terrible for the way the focus on the game has shifted.

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

And while I have 23 characters, only a few are not 60, and this doesn't entice me at all to come back from GW2. Raids or more endgame group content is sorely needed. I feel bad for the game as I love the world and the main gameplay but left because all that was left was grinding. Hope they change course soon.
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Re: <SWTOR> Light vs. Dark Event details and rewards

Post by Teigra »

It sucks that new characters have to be made for this, but I'm 100% determined to get those rewards. I just hope I can count on you guys for the HM FPs and Ops bosses. The general tone of posts in this thread is quite worrisome, and makes me wonder if the SWTOR branch's days are limited! :uhoh
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

I think folks, myself included, got our hopes up when BW teased a new event. The Gree, Rakghoul and even the Bounty Broker events are all pretty good, and it would've been sweet to get something new along those lines. This is obviously not an event like those. That said, I'm shooting for Eternal Level and am 100% on board to help anyone get to Legendary level. I will happily live vicariously through you so that I can check out those rewards!

As far the rest of the game, I'm enjoying the story, so I don't feel like like my sub is wasted. And that I get to mess around doing conquest and flashpoints and ops with NORbies between chapters makes it even better. However, I miss when BW would tell stories through flashpoints and operations; Forged Alliances was great, Oricon was great and I hope they haven't forgotten that.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Teigra wrote:It sucks that new characters have to be made for this, but I'm 100% determined to get those rewards. I just hope I can count on you guys for the HM FPs and Ops bosses. The general tone of posts in this thread is quite worrisome, and makes me wonder if the SWTOR branch's days are limited! :uhoh
Honestly, it's simply the state of the game and how the game works in NOR. We are Multi-MMO, lots of us have seen the rise and fall and the revival of many branches. It's simply the gaming industry right now when it comes to MMOs.

As of right now, from numbers and what Intisar has told me SWTOR is doing alright. Certainly not back when we had 90-75 active members consistently for months, but still there for those who still enjoy the drastic change in direction of the game, while others have found something different- and that's okay.

If the branch decides to close, it will be a long process and it certainly won't happen over night so don't worry about it suddenly closing on you. Also, if we have to close the branch, we will probably still have the tag and it will be under NOMAD structure. We will have plenty of discussion before any big decisions like that are made, per usual.

Also, it's more of the idea that it's okay to vent a little and express your feelings about the new event. It certainly was not thought of for veterans in mind, which is about 95% of the numbers that currently make up the swtor roster. Which honestly, hurts, because it just shows what Bioware really cares about and wants: new/returning players to play for a little. It's a great game and I do enjoy it but I have a hard time supporting a game that does this to veteran players.

Return to “Game Updates”