Welcome to the Raider's Aerodrome! (Update!)

Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Welcome to the Raider's Aerodrome! (Update!)

Post by Zyera »

Raider's Aerodrome
Welcome!

Still no exact date on when we will start raiding, but the more prepared people we have the sooner we can get started! If you are interesting in raiding, check our our Raiding Requirements and post in the Group Comp Discussion post! Thanks!

:hailnor
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Dr Frankenheket
Squire
Squire

Re: Welcome to the Raider's Aerodrome! (Under Construction)

Post by Dr Frankenheket »

Very exciting :D May the great stingray in the sky guide us to victory!

I personally would be very interested in raiding! I have been trying to get some experience with it, although I have yet to succeed in killing anything...

I would be happy to help figure out some compositions/requirements. Sadly, the DPS requirements on most of the raids are pretty strict, so having a meta-approved build is a little more important here than it is in most other areas of the game :/

Here is a spreadsheet (not made by me) detailing some strong builds for individual players:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I personally have a PS warrior and staff elementalist who fit those builds, and my thief isn't too far off.

On the individual level full exotic gear with ascended rings/amulet and appropriate runes and sigils are generally considered the minimum requirements, and ascended trinkets/weapons are highly preferred if possible. If we have a group of people together who just want to practice mechanics, we could attempt VG without being properly geared, we just won't likely be able to kill it in time. You do still get raid-currency for failed runs sometimes depending on how far into the raid you got, so it would still have some reward to it. :)

Regarding compositions, usually you need a tank (chronotank is the best atm for group-support/buffs, but anyone with some toughness gear can work), 1-2 PS warriors, 2-3 condition damage dealers, 1 druid/healer, and then some filler DPS/CC. For the first boss (Vale Guardian) having four ranged damage dealers (2 condi and druid included, one freebie) is absolutely required, and the tank needs to be very knowledgeable about the fight. I hear the second boss is considerably easier (Gorseval), so that may be a better one to start on, but we would need some way to get into the fight, which you cant do without having beaten VG.

I can't say for sure, but I imagine condition damage dealers will be the hardest to find, since most people gear for power/normal damage in low-mid level PvE. I cant say first-hand, but I am told viper gear is basically a must-have (very significant DPS difference), and it is crafting-only. If we don't have many condi-players, I could work towards gearing my necro for condi, but it might be a while before that is ready (gotta level tailor...). I also have an engi I could gear towards condi damage, but I play with a steam controller and it isn't set up to use utility buttons beyond F1, so it might not work the best for me xD.

One last note, I have a contact in a different guild who does raid teaching runs fairly regularly (almost every day) starting 1-2 hours after server reset. Once we have a sizable group together I might be able to see if we could sneak in a NOR-heavy teaching run, if you guys are OK with having outside help from at least one person? We would need to be pretty prepared gear-wise though.
Dr Frankenheket
Squire
Squire

Looking back, that was a bit more of a wall-of-text than I anticipated writing out when I started. Sorry! :tongue2
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

He he, no problem, thanks. :D

A lot of your points are corroborated in another useful post by the DnT guys here. I like the way they organized things and the ensuing discussion is useful. Valikk and I already started talking offline a bit about that thread and some of the things we might be able to do.

I have an elementalist with ascended trinkets, back piece, staff, dagger, and warhorn. Armor is otherwise exotic berserker, so he is good to go as fresh air or staff DPS. I just recently crafted a set of exotic zealot gear too in case I need to backfill a healing spot in a pinch so I'll be working on filling out the runes, weapons, and sigils in case we want an auramancer or water/staff healer.
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Valikk
Duke
Duke
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

I myself have my condi Engi with ascended viper pistols, trinkets rings and working on the back piece, my gear is exotic viper gear... well working on the last 2 pieces.

I also have a Revenant with full exotic berserker gear, along with a Guardian and Thief in the same boat.

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Dr Frankenheket
Squire
Squire

Windemere wrote:A lot of your points are corroborated in another useful post by the DnT guys here. I like the way they organized things and the ensuing discussion is useful. Valikk and I already started talking offline a bit about that thread and some of the things we might be able to do.
Ooh, thanks for the post! It was quite a read xD I think what he describes there is a bit more min-max focused than we will be able to achieve (at least in the short/medium term), but it explains the reasoning behind things quite well. Definitely a good target to aim for, and the tips for how to structure non-meta teams sound like they might be especially useful to us.

I do wish power reaper was a bit more useful in the meta :/ they can still get some pretty high DPS and are super tanky. at sub-50% health they can reach 33k dps, which is right up there with ele and thief. Above 50% its a bit lower though... Oh well... Looks like the good doctor will be sticking to fractals :tongue2
ErnieAxeman
Knight
Knight

Post by ErnieAxeman »

On Sunday when we did Guild Missions I was talking about a feature that might help with raid composition. Using this function from the GW2 efficiency site we can critique each others builds and help flesh out needs. Here is an example of my most geared character right now.

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Winddawn

Hope this helps!
Ernie
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

ErnieAxeman wrote:On Sunday when we did Guild Missions I was talking about a feature that might help with raid composition. Using this function from the GW2 efficiency site we can critique each others builds and help flesh out needs. Here is an example of my most geared character right now.

Hope this helps!
Ernie
Awesome! Thank you! We are working on requirements/group comp and such posts soon and will more than likely use this site a lot to see people's gear/builds and stat numbers. Thanks :D

Valikk
Duke
Duke
Record: Recruited by Zyera
Recruit - 04/22/2012
Squire - 07/29/2012
Knight - 05/21/2013
DMG; KP - 07/20/2013
Champion - 10/24/2013
DMG; DM - 03/19/2014
Baron - 03/19/2014
Count - 07/24/2016
Duke - 10/10/2017

Post by Valikk »

Zyera wrote:
ErnieAxeman wrote:On Sunday when we did Guild Missions I was talking about a feature that might help with raid composition. Using this function from the GW2 efficiency site we can critique each others builds and help flesh out needs. Here is an example of my most geared character right now.

Hope this helps!
Ernie
Awesome! Thank you! We are working on requirements/group comp and such posts soon and will more than likely use this site a lot to see people's gear/builds and stat numbers. Thanks :D

Thank you! As she said, expect to see a few posts popping up here in the next day or 2 with more info! :bouncy

SWTOR - Witherbane Legacy
GW2 - Valikk.3810
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Re: Welcome to the Raider's Aerodrome! (Update!)

Post by Zyera »

Posted an update! Check out these links!

Return to “Raider's Aerodrome”