Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

<swtor> June Producer’s Livestream Coverage

Post by Intisar »

As always, check out dulfy for her full breakdown of the stream:

http://dulfy.net/2016/06/03/swtor-june- ... -coverage/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... dit8956143

Aside from the usual HK sub reward and info about the current chapter and tease of the next, they also announced a new event!

Dark Side vs Light Side Event
  • • Join a Galactic event and Earn Epic Rewards in celebration of SWTOR’s 5 year anniversary
    • Choose dark side or light side
    • More info will come around 3 weeks from today.
    • When you play the game, the sum of all the dark side choices and light choices players made during the event will impact the game and rewards you get – i.e. you can get either a light side based or a dark side based companion.
    • Six tiers of rewards you can get – supposedly to be the “best” rewards you can get.
    • We looked at past 6 months of history and light side choices dominated (59% vs 41%).
    • We will give periodic updates to let you guys know how each side is doing.
The event will start June 28 and will run for several months. Ben Irving said it is the first part of the 5th anniversary celebration.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think this may be how they reintroduce Jaesa. At any rate, it's nice to see a new event in the game!

The promo image for the next companion recruitment mission which features everyone's favorite "mean Jedi" made me laugh. And I know exactly where I'm putting the HK poster on the guild ship.
Zyera
Lady
Lady
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Re: <swtor> June Producer’s Livestream Coverage

Post by Zyera »

Awesome! Thanks for the recap! :D
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Post by Teigra »

It was a fun livestream to watch! I especially liked when Musco said the next chapter should be titled "Blank's Getting Real" and when he asked the "How does Guss taste?" question from the chat. Maybe all of this time he's been in hiding because of hungry Cathar? Hehe.

I wasn't surprised to hear that light side options were chosen more than dark side ones. Some of the dark side choices are just cringeworthy and hard to take, even when playing pure dark side characters. I wonder if making those numbers public now will have any effect on the event?
Intisar
Duke
Duke

Post by Intisar »

I think Dark Side players tend to be more vocal especially on the forums and reddit, but at least in flashpoint pugs, I see most folks make lightside choices, especially on Republic side but often on Sith as well.

I'm looking forward to the Dark vs Light Event (the name could use some work). It's been a couple years since we've had a new event (I don't count Life Day and Nar Shaddaa Nightlife as events), so I hope this is engaging with some fun rewards. We'll know soon!
Kaurix
Baron
Baron

Post by Kaurix »

Hmm seems I need to play Kaurax a lot more to get them dark side choices up!
It's easy to tell who my characters are, all their names begin with Kaur ... and probably aren't wearing pants.

Kaurix, Kaurick, Kaurith, Kaurak, Kaureth
Kaurich, Kaurik, Kaurok, Kaurek, Kaurax

Return to “Game Updates”