What to spend cartel coins on

Saroc
Knight
Knight
Realm: Neverwinter

What to spend cartel coins on

Post by Saroc »

It appears that i was given cartel coins during my absence..
So now i sit on 7k coins and don't know what to spend them on!

Is there anything actually useful left or should i just get cosmetic stuff?
I know Dorne is in need of a new outfit since the companion gear changes, at least.
Steward of the WoW Guild Hall
Visitor of Everywhere Else.
Intisar
Duke
Duke
Realm: RIFT

Re: What to spend cartel coins on

Post by Intisar »

I suppose it depends on how many credits you have.

Many of the best quality of life perks can be bought with both in-game credits and Cartel Coins.

You can access them from your Legacy menu and they're spread out across character perks and global unlocks>other sections.

The best one is rocket boosts, but I've also discovered how much I like the Improved Mounting which allows you to summon a mount while moving.

Beyond that, it really depends. Note that some perks (like boosts in experience from questing or boosts in Influence from companion gifts) only are applied to the character who unlocks them. Others (like Rocket Boost) are applied across your Legacy.

If you plan to let you subscription lapse and play as Preferred Status, you can use your CC to unlock nearly all the perks of being a subscriber such as Unify Colors, Show Titles and stuff like that. Preferred players are limited to 4 characters, but you can the Unlock Character slots to access characters you have already created or make new ones. Aside from immediate access to the story chapters as they are released, the biggest subscriber perk is the freedom from the credit cap. Preferred players are limited to 350 000 credits which really isn't much these days.

If you just want cool looking Cartel Market gear, you've got the Coins to get pretty much what you want. Obviously, you can get some gear directly from the Cartel Market, but if you want specific stuff from the packs, you might have to jump through some hoops.

I don't ever recommend ever buying random packs for the specific items contained in them. If you want to open some packs and see what you get, go for it; from the random chance cubes you can luck into so weird and rare stuff from the any of the CM packs. But you can also get boring speeders or ugly dye modules. When it comes to packs, "buyer beware" rules the day.

If there are specific things you want, you've got the CC to get it, but I suggest turning those CC into credits and buy the items from the GTN. You have enough to buy a Hypercrate which you can sell on the GTN for millions of credits. You'll see the most credits if you list the packs individually, but for a quick pay-off and less hassle you can also sell the whole crate itself in one auction. I actually see fewer hypercrates listed these days, so I suspect they might sell okay.

A new pack is coming out Wednesday June 1, so if you can wait a week, I'd recommend it. There will be high demand for the new packs. If you buy a crate on Tuesday, you can start selling it over the weekend, and probably come out with enough credits to buy whatever stuff you want.

If you've got any questions, let me know!
Saroc
Knight
Knight
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Saroc »

I have all the unlocks i want since before and have enough credits for now, so i guess iäll sit on those coins until i something comes up that i really want :)

Thanks for the advice!
Steward of the WoW Guild Hall
Visitor of Everywhere Else.
Teigra
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: RIFT
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Teigra

Post by Teigra »

I feel like Int's post has Guide section potential. It would be a good companion to the Credits vs CC Unlocks link Zyera posted a while back. :thumb

Return to “Cantina”