Character Notebook: Vices and Bad Habits

Tell your stories, post bios, character histories ...
Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Character Notebook: Vices and Bad Habits

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

Does your character do anything they know they shouldn't, or seek out creature comforts a little more than is healthy? Are they an inveterate worrier or perhaps get thrills shoplifting rare tomes in Divinity's Reach or pirate hats in Lion's Arch? Does your character have any bad habits, or perhaps less flattering character traits that get the best of them at times?

Fribble is easily excitable. She gets excited about things and charges off into them generally without thinking about the consequences. While she wouldn't call herself a daredevil, there are certainly some similarities: she wouldn't think twice about throwing herself off a cliff to test out a highly experimental glider prototype, for example, regardless of personal safety (or even the safety of those in the immediate vicinity). It's not that she does it out of spite or desire to injure anyone...she just doesn't think about the outcomes if things should go wrong. Every Asura for themselves!

It doesn't happen all that often, but she's also a nervous nibbler. Presenting controversial findings in front of the Arcane Council, for example, or having to explain why her glider prototype took out several Peacekeeper golems when it exploded and she's likely to eat all the hors d'oeuvres or snacks nearby without even realizing it, maybe even those belonging to someone else.
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Re: Character Notebook: Vices and Bad Habits

Post by Sofija »

What an interesting and thought-provoking question. Will definitely have to mull this one over for my characters, but for one, it's easy :D

Sofija LOVES her ale and mead and NEVER backs down from a challenge. So you can imagine what happens when someone challenges her to a drinking contest. Thankfully for her, most all challengers underestimate just how much she can put back (and those that know never challenge her). This doesn't mean however, she is immune to the after effects of overindulgence. In addition, the brawls she has gotten herself into, especially in her youth, and usually a result of the aforementioned drinking, are stories that will be told and celebrated in mead halls for years to come with those involved still having the scars to prove it, including herself.
(And my reaction reading about Fribble :tears )
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

For Rolinda, it's chocolate. It was a very rare treat as the orphanage never had any so the only way she would get any is if some kind-hearted soul gave her some. Now, especially since she loves to cook, any recipe that involves chocolate requires double the amount as half of it will probably be gone by the time she adds it to whatever she's making. And woo to anyone who gets between her and chocolate cake :D And how she doesn't gain weight is a mystery :D
I'd post Babymetal's ギミチョコ! but I posted that one before so here are the translated lyrics from their webpage as to why it's her theme song :D
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Knight - August 24, 2014

Post by Sofija »

Come on everyone! :yay I hate for it to be just Ismene, Nimue and me to be answering these questions ;) (And me spamming them :tongue2 )

Rei Kisugi: Her life is nothing but vices and bad habits. She craves action, excitement, adventure and thrills. After falling in with a gang of ruffians and thieves, she found the lifestyle much to her liking. She'll do anything if there is risk involved, "the higher the risk, the greater the reward". Anything from a simple pickpocket to the most elaborate heist makes her feel alive. For her, the better question would be, what good qualities or wholesome habits does she have? While she's not "evil", she just likes to be bad. (And no I will not link Michael Jackson's Bad video for her :tears )

Return to “Role Play”