Sourge Warlock builds

Ziek88
Baron
Baron
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Sourge Warlock builds

Post by Ziek88 »

Updated 6/29/2019

This build primarily focuses on DPS. I've not yet touched the heals side of warlock.

Hellbringer
AoE Rotation
At-Wills: Hellish Rebuke & Dark Spiral Aura
Encounters: Killing Flames, Hellfire Ring, & Fiery Bolt
Dailies: Accursed Souls & Tyrannical Curse
Class Features: Dust to Dust & No Pity, No Mercy

Single Target Rotation
At-Wills: Hellish Rebuke & Dark Spiral Aura
Encounters: Killing Flames, Hadar's Grasp, & Fiery Bolt
Dailies: Flames of Phlegethos & Tyrannical Curse
Class Features: Dust to Dust & No Pity, No Mercy

Feats
Curse enemies.  Do increased damage because they are cursed.  Reset cooldowns with Soul Scorch.
Curse enemies. Do increased damage because they are cursed. Reset cooldowns with Soul Scorch.
Boons
If/When HP boons are fixed, I will be moving 20 points in to them.
If/When HP boons are fixed, I will be moving 20 points in to them.
Enchantments
Vorpal without a doubt best option.  Nothing really stands out for armor enchant.
Vorpal without a doubt best option. Nothing really stands out for armor enchant.
Gear
A lot here may change.  Prioritizing Hellbringer before Soulweaver.  Shared gear is ideal.
A lot here may change. Prioritizing Hellbringer before Soulweaver. Shared gear is ideal.
Companions
Any augment would do. I have this one from years ago and it gives power.
Razorwood, Splinters, Deepcrow Hatchling, Staldorf, Zhentarim Warlock
Razorwood, Splinters, Deepcrow Hatchling, Staldorf, Zhentarim Warlock
Insignias
Insignias.png
Soulweaver
Standard Setup
At-Wills: Essence Defiler & Soul Reconstruction
Encounters: Harrowstorm, Pillar of Power and Shatter Spark
Dailies: Soul Pact & Tyrannical Curse
Class Features: All-Consuming Curse & Warding Curse

Cleansing Healer
At-Wills: Essence Defiler & Soul Reconstruction
Encounters: Warlock's Bargain, Pillar of Power and Shatter Spark
Dailies: Soul Pact & Tyrannical Curse
Class Features: All-Consuming Curse & Warding Curse

Feats
weaver-feats.png
Use at your own risk.  Redirect party damage to yourself.
Use at your own risk. Redirect party damage to yourself.
Boons
weaver-boons.png
Enchantments
Vorpal without a doubt best option.  Nothing really stands out for armor enchant.
Vorpal without a doubt best option. Nothing really stands out for armor enchant.
Gear
A lot here may change.  Prioritizing Hellbringer before Soulweaver.  Shared gear is ideal.
A lot here may change. Prioritizing Hellbringer before Soulweaver. Shared gear is ideal.
Companions
Insignias
Pending
Last edited by Ziek88 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: Rabbit's Warlock

Post by Phelaia »

Aha...so that's how it works. Thanks, Ziek. I will keep this in mind, when it comes time to level my warlock to 70.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Now I'm curious to see where I left off with my Fury build.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

This is very interesting. Rabbit's SW out-damaged my Destroyer GWF by several million points in the last ETOS run we did together, which I find pretty impressive.

I've been disappointed with my Temptation SW...even though she is decently geared (Transcendent flaming enchant, Ensorcelled Mulhorand weapon, Rank 7's across the board, purple-quality CHA belt), she never seems to do more than mediocre damage and mediocre healing. I may need to consider this build.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Tyr, Rabbit is running the black ice and beholder arti set for 10% of weapon damage that is unresistable. She also has the twisted set and a +4 brutality ring. Once the fight starts, she spikes to ~24,000 power, 70% ArmPen and near 50% crit chance with a greater vorpal. Add +50% damage from all consuming curse and it's perma curse effect and things get crazy. All consuming curse feature on arti off hand adds +5% crit severity as well. Her current point of weakness is action point gain. Has to use Tyranical sparingly rather than spamming it.

I don't know enough about temptation to be sure but I think a temptation could achieve the same output as a damnation build. The big difference I see is the durability and the possible rub if temptation may need to act differently in order to provide substantial heals. The biggest point of interest in Damnation is the soul puppet interaction. While puppet is active (100% of the time) you take 10% less damage. The puppet also does constant damage around it and it transfers 15% of it's damage back to you as health. It is surprisingly effective for survivability.

I suspect a fury could outdamage both and I would love to see a hellbringer fury vs a soulbinder. There is a massive armor pen class feature in hellbringer that could be worth using. For PvE purposes this may allow a warlock to use their offense slots for power or crit rather than ArmPen.

Over double XP I am planning to level my warlock up and take him hellbringer fury and see what it can do. Will not be nearly as geared as rabbit's but interesting to test. If anyone else does this I would love to hear your results.

I firmly believe the warlock has the absolute highest damage output potential of any in the game. They are the ultimate glass cannon.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

I run the same build on my lock. Love it for lower level IL. As I'm near the 2.7K+ I'm going fury... I'l post my test one day...

So fun to be back!

Also, yes, I'm trying to switch my main OP to Lock...
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

No joke about the Perma Puppet. When it's out, I feel like it's companion:)
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Re: Sourge Warlock builds

Post by Ziek88 »

I decided it was time to go back in and clean up the build since it has chanfed drastically since the original. Still some info to add but this is a broad strokes explanation of the warlock build now. I have some of my own tweaks in it but I have pieced together a lot of info found from others so I cannot claim this is completely my own.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Another update to the build. Given the changes I will likely need to revise this soon. Despite the big list not much has changed with the warlock at the surface. Ability rotations are basically the same. The biggest change is animations. Warlock has been plagued by clunky animations the really hindered their performance. I must give the dev team some credit here. They did a great job smoothing those out. This alone has been a huge buff to warlocks. Sadly, hellbringer fury is still the clear choice. Damnation may have a place for dailies and solo play. Temptation may be good for some fun but both bring little to the table that Fury doesn't do better. Warlocks could still use some love but are in a decent place right now.
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Seems that builds are ever evolving and changing from Mod to Mod here.

Some nice and welcome changes to Damnation, although the SUPER Perma Puppet needs some work. Like staying near the SW maybe:)? Not going off on its own clear across the map to say HI to mobs that one can clearly avoid.........:D

I have fun when on my SW, its a fun class, but (by no means am I a buildsmith or number cruncher) I do see its potential to be outright deadly.
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “Class Builds”