GinaAnn Faithful DC build

Ginabean
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Guild Wars 2

GinaAnn Faithful DC build

Post by Ginabean »

GinaAnn: Devine Oracle Faithful Cleric Build

HEROIC FEATS: These are my personal preference!
3/3 Greater Fortune- More healing
3/3 Toughness- More HP
3/3 Holy Resolve- Points have to go somewhere, if you need recovery go Domain.
3/3 Weapon Mastery- More critical chance
3/3 Repurpose Soul- This is a must.
3/3 Cleanse- This does not have to be maxed but I am human and its maxed.. the feat procs a lot!
5/5 Bountiful Fortune- More Divine which is great, If you are Human max out cleanse and Bountiful.
Paragon Path: I am Divine Oracle due to Benefit of Foresight.
This is my FAITHFUL Build.
Paragon Feats
5/5 Lasting Wishes- You heal for 10% more.(VIRTUOUS TREE)
5/5 Resounding Beliefs- Your non heal over time powers heal for 10% more. Gift of Faith makes it so your powers don’t heal over time at all, so this is great.
5/5 Desperate Restoration- You heal for 30% more if you or the target are below 30% HP.
5/5 Benefit of Foresight- Defense bonus from Foresight is increased by 5%. This along with the Foresight personal gives you and your allies a 11% dmg resist when healing them.
5/5 Shared Burdens- Your direct healing spells heal allies within 30’ for 20% more of your original healing spell.. good good good!
5/5 Chaplain’s Strength I stay fairly close to the enemies and Chaplain’s Strength has no cool down… makes sense to me!
5/5 Test of Faith- This is the best feat in this Paragon. In most T2 dungeons Test of Faith is healing me for more than the enemy is hitting me, and it stacks 20 times!
1/1 Gift of Faith- To summarize this basically every time you heal 25% of that heal is stored away as Gift of Faith and will proc when the target is below 45% HP.I manage some hefty 200k+ heals occasionally kind of cool!
My setup when group is surviving easily: Chains, Divine Glow. and Break the Spirit.
My setup when we need more heals and HP: Astral Shield (Swap for Break the Spirit and final bosses) , Divine Glow, and Bastion.
Encounter Spells
Divine Glow: Great buff and debuff, this spell is awesome in Divinity! Gives allies a 5% dmg bonus and reduces the enemies dmg by 5% so 3 stacks gives you and your allies a 15% dmg bonus and a 15% damage reduction on the enemy. I spam this spell in normal mode and drop it in divinity mode, regularly! MY FAVORITE SPELL!
**Non Divinity mode gives your allies a 10% defense bonus and reduces the enemies defense by 10%
Astral Shield: This should be used if you do NOT have a tank… use in T2 dungeons where there are a good amount of ads… it’s amazing. I don’t use this in divinity but. The empowered version of this is amazing use it!
Healing Word: Honestly I can’t use this in the Faithful Paragon it doesn’t heal all that much and with the content that is out right now all you need to heal with is Bastion.
Break the Spirit: A great buff for team mates. This spell is amazing avoid using in divinity; use it in its base form , fully empowered form is a good bonus on boss fights… but I use Devine Glow more often on empowered!. Fully empowered gives your teammates a 30% dmg bonus! In its base form it reduces the enemies’ damage by 20%.
Bastion of Health: This is a small area target healing spell, targets must be inside of the circlet to be healed. Using this in divinity is best, because the animation is shortest.
I don’t use this empowered…. I find it worthless
AT Wills
Brand of Sun: This has a Quick animation. This does build divinity over a period of time which is pretty nice! ***** I swap this out for Sacred Flame, This is a preference of mine; it dishes a small amount of hit points. Probably my favorite as a healing DC!
Astral Seal: My favorite spam spell! This is a heal over time spell, I spam this in fights.
My Personal Favorites
Foresight: I always have this slotted due to the Benefit of Foresight feat and my second one is Terrifying Insight... I like the damage bonus and I heal like crazy as it is... YET; your other slot is personal preference… choose between Healer’s Lore and Divine Fortune.
Dailies There is only 1 worth slotting (my opinion) when playing with a team: Hallowed Ground.
Hallowed Ground should be used the most due to the offensive and defensive boost.
You choose the second one, I really don’t slot divine armor regularly, but it is a great quick save but timing is everything….. I just keep Flame Strike on my other slot!
BOONS: Power, Deflect, Defense, Life steal, and Increased Critical Severity.

I am not super at explaining this completely but you get the idea.. HEALMORE!
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Re: GinaAnn Faithful DC build

Post by tornnomar »

Excellent write up Gina!

I love the Faithful Capstone, heck All of the DC's Capstones are nice.
And your a fellow Astral Seal spammer!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

Ginabean wrote: Astral Shield: This should be used if you do NOT have a tank… use in T2 dungeons where there are a good amount of ads… it’s amazing. I don’t use this in divinity but. The empowered version of this is amazing use it! ... Hallowed Ground should be used the most due to the offensive and defensive boost.
Apparently, you WANT to use AS + HG if you are able to anticipate/communicate with your team's GF.

I did an EDemo where the DC kept casting Hallowed Ground and Astral Shield on my location, requesting I cast ITF after using Villain's Menace and standing on AS + HG. After casting an ITF I literally saw chunks of Goristro's bar get destroyed (and no, the team was not all 4K with High sets galore).

I look up why, and apparently, Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground makes the Guardian Fighter Into the Fray ridiculous. Combine a Rank4 Astral Shield and a Rank4 Hallowed Ground and it tacks on 75% extra DR for the GF. Which gets converted into extra damage (so +75% Bonus damage) for Into the Fray.

The formula on the fourms essentially states you can get a ridiculous ~300% damage bonus with the correct amount of feats/stats (assuming 80% DR cap + 3 points in Armor Specialization Feat + Tactician's Inspiring Leader feat. And yes, any extra DR on your character that is over 80% does get converted into ITF bonus damage).

Calculations on my GF with Q's DC doing the buffing resulting in a bonkers 250%ish damage bonus. Not counting my Villan's Menace or any other potential buffs/debuffs applied to the team (Divine Glow, Forgemaster's Flame, Renegade capstone, etc.).

SOURCE:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/never ... tf-synergy
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

I read this works with non-empower astral shield.. is that true?

I build my DC for synergy (last version was the AP gain type), would this be the next one? If so, I would respec as faithful!
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

Kermit wrote:I read this works with non-empower astral shield.. is that true?I build my DC for synergy (last version was the AP gain type), would this be the next one? If so, I would respec as faithful!
It "ONLY" works with non Divinity Astral Shield (aka: the AS graphic is yellow and not blue).

As for synergy, the Virtuous DC actually boosts the combo by a slightly larger amount (5%) due to one of their feats. And ignore what I said down below about Villain's Menace, it has no bearing on the amount of bonus damage from ITF..

Pick whatever path you want for your DC since this combo only works when you time it correctly with a Guardian Fighter. Biggest things that matter are how many points you got into Hallowed Ground and Astral Shield.
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)

Return to “Class Builds”