Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Re: OP Devotion Build

Post by Phelaia »

about Resurrections...I have some observations.

Tanks should really stay on boss and keep the aggro off of the downed teammate.

CW can be a little slow moving, and if luck is against the CW, we can lose the CW along with the downed teammate.

GWF can take a punch or two, and has decent speed, so if the GWF doesn't already have a train of adds behind him, he'd be pretty good at raising people

A healer can sometimes draw too much aggro to the bleeding teammate during the resurrection. The healer can use a spot heal on the bleeding teammate while he runs away, it can go a long way.

Surprisingly, a TR is great at this resurrection business, because the TR can lose aggro quickly and head to the downed teammate without dragging a train of adds behind. A TR can even raise someone in Stealth, and once the teammate is up, drop a Smoke Bomb at the teammate's feet and buy him more time to escape.

Bottom line is, resurrection is risky business, and one needs to tread carefully and hopefully not go down along with someone who's already down.
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Soloing -- yeah, soloing with any non-DPS class can be a pain. Thankfully, since the Devotion OP is a healer, you'll be trying to amass as much Power and Critical Strike as possible. Eventually you turn a corner and start killing things at a manageable pace.

I have found that the following combination of powers helps me kill things at a pretty decent pace while soloing:
- At Wills: [Oath Strike] and [Radiant Strike]
- Encounters:
* For Groups: [Circle of Power] [Burning Light] [Divine Touch - or - Templar's Wrath]
* For Single Targets: [Circle of Power] [Vow of Enmity] [Smite - or Sacred Weapon]
- Class Features: [Aura of Courage] and [Aura of Solitude]
- Daily: [Divine Judgment]

I find the above load-out makes running things like Phantasmal Fortress relatively painless. For single targets, you can get your damage output surprisingly high if you stack as many separate damage buffs as possible. That's the idea behind the single-target load-out. For groups: OPs don't put out a lot of damage per hit, but they have lots of good AoE attacks, and you can really blow groups of cheap trash away quickly if you stand in [Circle of Power], get [Burning Light] going, then spam [Radiant Strike] over and over. Try it and let me know what you think.

[Aura of Vengeance] -- that's interesting, because I use a very similar strategy when I'm tanking with my Guardian Fighter. [Guarded Assault] reflects damage back to anything that hits the GF, and that basically gets extended to anything that hits anyone in the party when [Knight's Valor] is active (which is basically always). It would be interesting to see how much sheer reflect damage the two of us could put out if we're both in the same party and running those powers simultaneously.

For resurrections, have you tried slotting [Aura of Life]? I find it to be extremely useful for a devotion OP, since it automatically and instantly picks up anyone who is fallen when you get within 30' of them. You don't have to stop and make yourself vulnerable picking them up; you don't even need to get all the way over to them. Just get close and boom! they're back on their feet. It's a favorite of mine for boss fights and dragonflights.

NOTE: I have heard that [Aura of Life] has a buggy interaction with the Soulforged enchantment, but I'm not sure whether it has been fixed by now. My understanding of it was that if you had [Aura of Life] active and somebody with a Soulforged died near you, they'd get automatically resurrected (like Soulforged usually does) -- but they'd also get resurrection sickness, which they shouldn't get. So rather than getting one Soulforged resurrection, then one down-on-the-knees-hey-come-pick-me-up resurrection, then dead, they'd just get one Soulforged resurrection and then go straight to dead the next time they fell. If that's still the case - and I don't know whether it is - then it's probably not worth using it during a boss fight. But in a huge scrum like a dragonflight, where everyone is so spread out, the bug probably won't happen all that often and the moving resurrection radius you take with you is really useful.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

bluebutton wrote:Here's the new build
I see your build, which is very similar to mine. A few key differences from yours to mine:

I do not use Weapon Mastery, Dominating Pleas, Dominating Presence. I instead use less Steadfast (2/5), Wrathful Strikes (3/3), Light's Shield (4/5), and Force of Will (3/3). If I can increase my critical chance, I will dump some points out of Force of Will and toss it into Steadfast.

I dislike Light's Shield, but I felt that the extra DR would be more useful than a 6% increase in recharge speed when I need to offtank (or main tank for those suicide runs). Judge and Aura of Wisdom end up being my main cooldown reducers

I feel that Charisma (+Stamina Regen, + Action Point Gain, + other garbage) has better overall bonuses than Wisdom (+Crit Chance, + Healing) and if I'm leveling up Charisma, I may as well get some increased Crit chance.

My Paragon Feats are mostly the same. I'm surprised you chose 5/5 on Share the Light. You said yourself that the Healadin has overkill heals, and Share tacks on EXTRA healing power.

If you're lacking in DPS and in group bonuses, I would say ditch Share the Light, and replace it with 3/5 in Aura Gifts, 1/5 in Purifying Fire, and 1/5 in Beacon of Faith. Purifying Fire tacks on some DPS (even at 1 point) and a small investment in Beacon of Faith is great for those "oops I dun goof'd" moments.
bluebutton wrote:I hate being slow so I put a lot of spare points in movement (lots of dark enchantments in utility slots).

I used to run a Protection (Tank) OP before respec-ing to this Dev OP. Whn I switched, I resurrected my Guardian Fighter alt which had been on the shelf for quite a while. Moving as an OP is really different than as a GF even though these two classes don't get any speed boost from their <shift> and instead <shift> to raise their shields.

The biggest difference is that when the OP (both paragon paths) raises his/her shield, nothing else can be done other than moving. While the GF can still use at-wills while shielding, the OP can't. So shielding 1) drains stamina/guard 2) doesn't refill Action Points(AP) 3) no at-wills 4) no encounters. Yikes!

Which brings me to [Relentless Avenger] which is like the GF's [Lunging Strike] but the max range is 20' and it disperses ads near whatever you hit. Since I don't like being slow, I tend to slot this whenever I want to go anywhere fast. Examples would be Syndrith in epic Temple of Spider, Gorristo in Demogorgon phase 2, and Demogorgon phase 3. This is fast, but it scatters enemies so it's not nice to use it if other party members need the ads clustered. In Demogorgon phase 3, most of the ads are too heavy to move far and it's chaos, so I feel the trade off between being quickly near enough to Demogorgon to heal the melee characters offsets the annoyance of dispersed ads.
Paladin shift is super good. It may not have the CW/TR/HR invincibility frames nor the GWF's raw speed, but it heals, gives CC immunity, gives 30% DR, and lets you cancel your animations! It gives speed, but not in the usual sense

WHAAA??? Healadins are slow???
I see your build uses Radiant Strike and Relentless Avenger.

Flash and Radiant Champion both increase movement speed under select circumstances (Get hit and stay near your teammates respectively).

As a GWF main, Relentless Avenger is more of an annoyance than it is a "omgwhy?" type deal due to our surprisingly high mobility and long range.

If the GWFs are being snooty about the pushback you can always choose to NOT heal them... that should wipe the smirks off their face.

You should have no problems moving around.
bluebutton wrote: I want the Justice Capstone because I'm trying to place Bond of Virtue (and Shield of Faith) as often as possible. I would guess this becomes a "lots of little heals" build vs a pure Light build which can pump a big heal every 10 seconds with Divine Calls. I'm happy with the Justice build, but I'd be interested in taking my GF or GWF into a dungeon with a Light build OP just to observe how the big heals work out.
If you're trying to keep Prism on 24/7... use the Lay on Hands cheese. Get hit for like 1000 damage and cast Lay on Hands. It applies Prism AND only uses a small amount of AP (Relentless Avenger time!).

Overall, we have the same idea with out build: have overheals, be tanky, and have some decent damage (worse than a dedicated TR/CW/HR/GWF but better than a non-Conquerer GF and a non-Righteous DC)
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)

Return to “Class Builds”