Time to make this thing flow like eToS (Epic Temple of Spider)--

Here's Rain's write up from November 2015
Epic Cragmire Crypts!!

Phel: CW
Tyr: GF
Udokas: TR
Hector: GWF
Tanith Rain: DC

I am proud to say that this is the first full NOR completion of eCC!

We took our time, communicated well, and wiped the first time we encountered Blackdagger. We regrouped, and went back in and we succeeded!
The run went well because we communicated (we were on TS) and worked well off of one another.
As the DC of this run, I had to keep Hector afloat more than Tyr!

The fights were well managed and well controlled. Granted we had Hectors damage, but it isn't a one man show. Phel's DoT's were ruling the day, Udokas' finding that one target and eliminating it (especially those Hexer's) helped immensely, while Tyr held Blackdaggers attention like no other. I as a DC just had to maintain party health and buffs/debuffs.

Our first attempt at Blackdagger was a timing error. Our successful second attempt was spot on. We filled our roles, each doing their jobs. And because of that, we have this picture.

Blackdagger bested.

Peace my friends,
Rain
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Epic Cragmire Crypt

Post by bluebutton »

Here are some reflections for a recent run--

1/18/2016

GF: Ziek
DPS: Udo as TR, Rabbit as CW, and Rain on GWF!
Heals: Blue as Healadin

Up until Black Dagger himself-- meh. We worked well as a team. Traps didn't seem to be too annoying for the party. Udo got sent over the spikes (WIN!)

The pirate himself--

We died righteously many times, never getting him much below 3 ticks. We learned a lot.
Rabbit discovered a keg that can put out the fires, but also makes Blackdagger pissed-er and more drunk.
This guide can do the rest of the explaining of mechanics https://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/epic-cr ... fabricant/

The last time we ran it, we got him below 33%. I think we would have finished him off if I hadn't wiped leaving the team without healing.
Here are things I did differently in the last run--
The 2 biggest differences in how I played

1) I slotted Bane.
--my normal encounter load out is Vow of Enmity, Bond of Virtue, + X. X has been Burning Light for mobs or Relentless Avenger for closing distance to a single target. This time I tried Templar's Wrath hoping to HP buff the group. Clearly that wasn't working. With Bane, Black Dagger dealt less damage and took more damage. Stacking 3 Banes, that was a 30% debuff on both. The daily Shield of Faith reduces party damage taken by 50%. The math probably doesn't work out in reality, but that might have been the equivalent to an 80% DR for the party. Also, 3 hits of Bane meant that AP filled faster--win!

2) I ran around shielding for his Bloodbath.
So I'm less positive this worked, but I tried it out. After the keg puts of the fires, Blackdagger goes crazy and does a superpowered, TR Bloodbath around the room. It sounded like these were hitting the team hard. (I could have misinterpreted.) So I ran around trying to get my shield to cover the team while he bounced around the room. We stayed alive, not sure whether this helped, but it was something I did differently.

Something Ziek ended up doing that helped a lot was standing on the edge of a ring of fire. This turned Blackdagger's back so we could hit him from a safe zone.

Unsolved for the team: hexars.

Unsolved for me: not fat fingering or lagging to my death

Teamspeak--helped the last group through. Would have helped us.

Would love to hear the perspectives from the rest of the team.

Point of interest--We're all more geared than before Underdark, but not insanely geared. This is why I think we can get eCC nailed down soon. Enough of the guild has the gear and skill that this is going to be doable with practice. I recommend using teamspeak for the next number of guild runs.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Onyx Ofnor
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

Okay.. let's see what problems you have...
bluebutton wrote: We died righteously many times, never getting him much below 3 ticks. We learned a lot.
Rabbit discovered a keg that can put out the fires, but also makes Blackdagger pissed-er and more drunk.
This guide can do the rest of the explaining of mechanics https://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/epic-cr ... fabricant/
Hmm... I remember when I ran with Tyr/Udo/Rain/Phel, we generally popped the keg when we were in an advantage state (mobs are dead, everyone topped off and full of bonuses). We also coordinated the keg opening with Tyr's Steel Defense.

I know Fabricant has cleared ECC with a 2K party under the days of the ArmorPen bug, but I don't recall using the "snake your way through the room" strategy.
bluebutton wrote: 1) I slotted Bane.
--my normal encounter load out is Vow of Enmity, Bond of Virtue, + X. X has been Burning Light for mobs or Relentless Avenger for closing distance to a single target.
Ever since Burning Guidance got hit with the nerfbat, Vow of Emnity is kinda... meh.
Vow of Emnity is not going to be useful in this fight. Yes, you heal when attacking Blackdagger, but your group periodically had to poke the mobs, meaning you aren't hitting Blackdagger and restoring HP off him (I'm going to guess that this was the second most difficult part, second to the Bloodbath).

Burning Light has high damage (for a Paladin), but its long startup leaves you open to die. Bane is indeed a better choice.
bluebutton wrote: 2) I ran around shielding for his Bloodbath.
So I'm less positive this worked, but I tried it out. After the keg puts of the fires, Blackdagger goes crazy and does a superpowered, TR Bloodbath around the room. It sounded like these were hitting the team hard. (I could have misinterpreted.) So I ran around trying to get my shield to cover the team while he bounced around the room. We stayed alive, not sure whether this helped, but it was something I did differently.
Assuming you guys are in Teamspeak, I don't think that holding shield was a bad idea vs. Bloodbath.
I just think that you must heal the team quickly, unless you want to end the Bloodbath with your team low on healing power and have to deal with a storm of haxors and archers.
bluebutton wrote: Unsolved for the team: hexars.
Solution 1: Get all 3 DPSers to burn them
Solution 2: Have your Control bring them to Blackdagger or have your Tank aggro them to him/her so s/he can group the Haxors with Blackdagger for AoE damage.

On an unrelated note...
Solution 3(?): Get the Haxors to attack a Salvage anvil. (Seriously... I wonder if it's a viable strategy? Get the Haxors to attack the anvil, focus your attention on Blackdagger. If it works, I would pay for pictures of Blackdagger Bloodbathing an anvil.)
bluebutton wrote: Unsolved for me: not fat fingering or lagging to my death
Solution: Pray that there is no lag? Kinda hard when you have a lot of team bonuses flying and the area is covered in red fire...

bluebutton wrote: Point of interest--We're all more geared than before Underdark, but not insanely geared. This is why I think we can get eCC nailed down soon. Enough of the guild has the gear and skill that this is going to be doable with practice. I recommend using teamspeak for the next number of guild runs.
Most of the Endgame is doable at the 2.5K Ilvl, which seems to be average for most of us.
I don't think the problem was gear or skill, since Gear only changes how fast you clear the dungeon (less time spent in dungeon = less mistakes) and skill... well, we always have soloing stuff to use as our training dummies.

Practice makes perfect, right?
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

The run was smooth. As Blue said nothing gave us any real trouble until Blackdagger himself.

We took a couple attempts at him, but the last time we were doing very well. I think the thing that could've improved the run would have been Teamspeak. Real-time communication does come on handy, eCC is not the place to stop and type.

The only other issue I think we had was add management. Had we contained and dealt with the Hexers as they came there would have been alot less puddles of red coating the floor.
Think of it like old Lair of the Mad Dragon, if those Hellfire Magus' weren't dealt with the moment they spawned, they had the potential to cause problems. (for those that never knew that run, it was glorious!)
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

I think given the same group using team speak we would beat him in 1 maybe 2 tries. I have little perspective on the others as my screen is a flashing stobe light between KV and plague fire procs but it seemed once blue did the shielding and we all huddled up between her healing and our combined defense buffs, the team was mostly unharmed by the bloodbath. As for the hexars, again, team speak would be key. I think at that point it would be best to abandon me with black dagger and the other 4 kill the hexars ASAP. The most common issue was coordinating grouping and popping the keg in a timely fashion to make sure everyone survived it. 4 fire circles seemed to be a good number. With TS we'll be able to coordinate much better.

Speaking from a GF point of view. I ran ITF, Enforced Threat, KV. I was able to maintain KV 100% of the time. Used Fighter's Recovery for heals so Blue could heal others and not have to maintain me. Positioning I put myself inside the fire right at the edge. With shielding my daily was charging about every 3 seconds. Steel defense lasts 6. It allowed for an invulnerability loop. For the most part I couldn't be killed. The hexars however were a problem for me. Likely because it was hard to position so my shield would face all of them and keep black dagger interested at the same time.

I'd love to give this another go this weekend if the group is up for it. If rabbit is able I'm sure she would to. She has some weird work hours this weekend though.

*additional note. Blackdagger bloodbaths twice after the keg pops. The first is global. The second seemed to have limited hop range but cannot confirm. Possible after huddle, squishies move away from him and tanks take him to a corner to chat.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Ziek, I'll PM you with my probable weekend schedule.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Onyx Ofnor
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

Ok...a few things from my memory of running that on CW...

I slotted Chill Strike on TAB, Conduit of Ice, Fanning the Flame (MoF)/Disintegrate, Ray of Enfeeblement. At Wills were Magic Missile and Ray of Frost. No, no AOE Encounters, especially no Icy Terrain, because the ice obscures the red on the floor, and it's a rather red wood floor in there to begin with. DO NOT cast Steal Time, because you will get way too much aggro, and you will be one-two-shotted during your animation cycle. Keep Oppressive Force in your back pocket for when the air gets too thick with adds.

Kill priority of adds: This is crucial, and Thorgrim and I used to talk this over in long conversations before heading into a progression dungeon. So, first Archers, then Hexers, then Deadthpledged, then Blackdagger.

Rotation on adds: Chill Strike, Ray of Enfeeblement, Conduit, Disintegrate.
Rotation on boss: Ray of Enfeeblement, Conduit, Chill Strike, Disintegrate.

Keep an eye out for every archer that spawns, and point a Ray of Frost to it, and you bet that your team will head to it and hack it down quickly. Same goes with the Hexers. Chill Strike is especially effective in interrupting the Hexers from casting red circles. Same goes with Deathpledged.

The most important thing to remember as CW is that your job here is not necessarily DPS. Battlefield control is your #1 priority, and you will probably sacrifice a lot of personal DPS by maintaining that much control, but as long as Blackdagger is dead, it's a win for everyone.

One last tip on personal survival: When the floor is red, do not panic and teleport too much. Instead, bunny hop to the rhythm of "one potato two potato three potato..." Save your teleport for when see Blackdagger charging towards you!

@Ziek, I do remember Tyr more or less containing Blackdagger to the south half of the room though.

@Blue, I think Vow of Enmity works better on a Protection Paladin...
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Ziek88
Baron
Baron

Post by Ziek88 »

Some additional notes after an extremely smooth run this weekend.

Tank unit
Blue: Healadin
Ziek: Guardian Fighter

Control
Rabbitskates: Control Wizard

Poking doom sticks
D: Weapon Fighter
Udokas: Rogue

With this lineup we were able to aggressively run in to every fight with little caution and plow our way to the final boss. Upon reaching the boss we did 1 fight with only 1 moment during a post keg bloodbath where things got hairy. Rabbit spent her time focusing the assorted snipers and keeping them clear while de buffing boss (ray of enfeeblement). D mauled the boss and split off to help rabbit with adds since a CW just can't take all their hits themselves. It was an excellent split of his positioning and their teamwork kept the room pretty clear. Udokas stayed on the boss and just kept delivering the hurt. I stayed in the face of the boss keeping his attention and pulling him from fire for DPS to safely hit his back. Blue delivered massive healing. I am not sure where blue was. I could not see her positioning but the healing was very evidently everywhere. She was omnipresent? When we popped keg we all "got to the chopper" and hid in blues shield and I dropped emblem of seldarine to supplement healing during the burst. During the 2 major add spawn segments with death plagues and hexers all DPS focused them down ASAP and then went back to business as usual.

Total downs for the entire dungeon were 12. This includes carefree unshielded jumping into fights earlier on. Other than one point during boss fight. All downs were soulforge recovered and did not require any special attention.

A strategy I thought of while there that we did not use but something I will do in the future. Static fire pattern from the boss. Always aggro him near the entrance and with each firebomb he throws, lead him towards the keg. Then after keg burst, sustain his first bloodbath and then aggro him back to the entrance repeating the pattern. This gets everyone close for shielding during keg pop so nobody has to scramble across the room and the tank unit can easily shield/heal everyone.
Neverwinter: @zyek88
  • Guardian Fighter - Ziek
    Scourge Warlock - Zabbit
Discord: Ziek88#2954
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Ziek88 wrote: I am not sure where blue was. I could not see her positioning but the healing was very evidently everywhere. She was omnipresent?
Haha--I was avoiding you. The few times I was standing next to you I thought, "Shoot, better move to the other side!"

I tried to stand to the back of Blackdagger because he lays that 270 red zone sometimes. If I'm directly behind, I'm out of red. The omnipresence is via [Bond of Virtue]. I can bond the whole party to receive healing even if I'm technically doing a single player heal. [Shield of Faith] is also a party wide buff.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Onyx Ofnor
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Post by tornnomar »

Hail *NOR/

Another completion!

Ziek - GF
Rabbit - SW
Myself - TR
Phel - CW
Juez -DC

By now, we are able to burn through the run up to Blackdagger. As we all have gotten stronger, getting to Blackdagger isn't really an issue. However the Blackdagger fight still very much poses a challenge.

We started off really well, and we were working together very well, but after a few rounds of Traven's Dancing he began to get the better of us. To be very honest, I was becoming frustrated at not feeling like I was able to do anything. Although Traven did assist me in my imitation of a tomato on the Iron Chef's chopping block! Traven's Duelist Flurry thingy is much more potent than mine:)
I did learn a few secrets on our last, and successful attempt.
Ziek did what Ziek does. Took Travens attention, and that allowed everyone else to do their thing. Phel and Rabbit worked in concert to wipe out adds and attack Traven. And Juez kept us alive with those mega healz. On our completion run, Juez switched to a Defensive Buff scheme, and the difference was immediately noticable.
I took my shots at Traven when able, and when the floor was too red, I went on keg duty to clear the floor, counting down on TS and in party chat so everyone could prepare for the bloodbath dance.

On my TR, I was only ever in eCC one other time, I've ran it on my DC dozens of times and I will say its a different experience, but one to repeat!

Thanks!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “Dungeons”