Announcing...Stronghold Saturdays!

Tyrandil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Announcing...Stronghold Saturdays!

Post by Tyrandil »

Hail *NOR/

By the power vested in me by the County Board of Supervisors, the Homeowner's Association, and the NOR High Council (what were they thinking?!?), I hereby rename the day formerly known as Saturday to be...Stronghold Saturday.

What is Stronghold Saturday, you ask? It is a sacred day, a day to set aside for a higher purpose, a day where we can congregate for the high and noble purpose of building our great guild stronghold! A day when we can, together, make a shared sacrifice that reminds us of our purpose and unity. Like eating fish on Friday...but with more swords and dungeons...and no fish.

Joking aside for a moment, here's what I envision Stronghold Saturday to be about: it's one day out of the week where everyone is encouraged (not required, not expected to...just encouraged) to especially consider earning and donating currencies needed to upgrade the guild stronghold. We all know that stronghold (like all real estate) is a seemingly bottomless money pit, and it is going to take a lot more to keep it going and build it into the great thing we all want it to be. This is just a way to lend a little structure and formality to the shared work of building the stronghold up.

Here are some things I think would be great to do on Stronghold Saturday:
  • Go on a dungeon run where everyone in the group agrees beforehand to salvage whatever loot they get and donates the resulting AD to the stronghold coffer
  • Form a group to quest for whatever currency the stronghold needs right now: influence, Sharandar currencies, Well of Dragon currencies, etc.
  • Donate a nice piece of loot to the guild and hold a private auction among guild members only. The winner of the auction donates the price in AD to the stronghold (and gets the loot, of course).
I know many of you already quietly and generously donate to the stronghold every day: giving AD from your daily earnings, devoting time to earning Influence in the stronghold. Thank you! We couldn't have gotten as far as we did without you, and please keep it up! Stronghold Saturday is not intended to replace the quiet, generous, everyday giving of guild members - it's intended to supplement that giving with some festive, fun group events once per week.

And I also want to stress that this is totally voluntary. We don't have guild taxes and we never will. And if you commit beforehand to give your dungeon earnings to the stronghold and that ultra-rare-worth-hundreds-of-thousands-of-AD Artifact just happens to drop for you, it's totally okay to keep it. So don't worry about that. Again, this is about coming together to try to make some regular progress, together, towards the nice boons and items that a high-level stronghold will give us.

So, see you next Stronghold Saturday!
I'm always down for a dungeon!
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Re: Announcing...Stronghold Saturdays!

Post by bluebutton »

Woot! Woot!

Great idea, ready to try. Basically, I'm always happy to run stuff with the guild.

(I do prefer running stuff where a healer is needed since my weapon is pretty much a glorified baseball bat. But I'm happy to lend that bat to the cause.)
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
tornnomar
Duke
Duke
House: Griffon
Record: I joined.
And am never leaving.
Knighted, Dec. 21, 2015
Baron, Jan. 31, 2016
Count, Oct 15, 2017
And I can't even count:)

Re: Announcing...Stronghold Saturdays!

Post by tornnomar »

Great!

I saw the MoTD the other day and someone typed into chat asking what was SH Sat. I responded that it was probably a get together to gather SH resources, but this is so much more than that. Its guild togetherness, people playing together, killing things, stomping dungeons (or getting stomped!)
Gonna be fun!
"The two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why" -Mark Twain
"Chuck Norris CAN divide by zero"

Return to “Stronghold”