The Alpha Legacy - "Fall" Prelude to KotFE

Tell your stories, post bios, character histories ...
GuardianElite
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited: 11/26/2013
Squired: 12/26/2013
Baron: 3/19/2014
Rejoined NOR as Squire: 5/31/2015
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

The Alpha Legacy - "Fall" Prelude to KotFE

Post by GuardianElite »

Outer Rim – Sluis Sector

Kneeling in the main command center of the Zakuul Main Battleship, Arcann the ‘white’ prince of the Zakuul Empire felt the awakening. It had been 4 days, he and his brother, the ‘dark’ prince had chosen to chase the remnants of the ‘Coalition’ fleet to the Dagobah system. More at Arcann’s behest than anything. Arriving in the system they found it empty, all traces of the ‘Coalition’ fleet gone. In his anger Arcann chose his brother’s way of dealing with things, taking a spot in a quiet area to meditate on the events of the past week. It had been an illuminating experience as his mind passed in and out of the Force. The all-knowing, all Seeing Eye of power that allowed him to browse and peruse the lines of time, searching for the one thing he was so interested in finding.

His head came up quickly as his eyes snapped open. This was going to end quickly for the small but lethal band they encountered. Doing a meditation session was unlike him, he left that to his brother the ‘dark’ prince, but his encounter with the Sith and the Jedi on Tantra changed him. That strange power, the one used on him by the large Mirialan made him reconsider his use of the Force. In feeling her awaken, he felt the craving in him awaken as well. It was like a hunger pain, but at the very core of his being.

The darkened room lit to the light from the sliding door as it opened, his brother the ‘dark’ prince smiling at his brother and his meditations.

“You feel better now? I told you…it has its uses.”

Arcann stood, turning slowly. What he seen was enlightening. It was time to bring the justice of the Zakuul to this galaxy and he knew much sacrifice would have to be made before that happened. Though he and his brother had been given their orders, it was the Core World as their objective; he felt her presence awaken in another part of the galaxy and he was hungry for more. Arcann craved the power, he felt it from her. The need to have it again, to experience what she could show him drove at his core. It did not matter to him that her time was running out, he had seen it. She would be finished before the conquest of this galaxy was even complete. Looking at his brother he cracked a smile.

“Yes, you were right. Illuminating…and I now have a clearer picture. We need to make a course correction….”

Kuat – Combined Forces Shipyards – Republic Flagship ‘Honor’

The fleet hadn’t left the safety of the Kuat Drive Yards. Since the ‘Coalition’s’ arrival, much had happened. The Sith Empire was under a ‘stand-down’ order concerning the Republic, though in their humiliation, the message was sent via written message to the Supreme Chancellor, with Darth Marr’s personal seal affixed to it. Jace handed the message over to RT as he smiled sitting back down across from him, the smirk was unmistakable as he looked at his friend.

“You will of course be given the rank commiserate with your new position RT, I can’t have you out here commanding forces as a Major…” RT was quick to stop him, if it had been anyone else RT would have snapped at them, but this was Jace. They had chewed way too much ground together. He was quick to jump at those words however, raising a hand and waiving him off.

“Oh no….I resigned. I meant it. You put whoever you want in command. I don’t want anything to do with that, besides…this IS a ‘Coalition’ mission. You want to place anyone in charge, you talk to my sister. This whole thing was started by Mrysti, not me.”

Jace frowned pursing his lips as he leaned back in the chair, “No way. You think the Supreme Chancellor was agitated when we spoke earlier, just think how that would go over…” He put on a mocking voice at RT, “…’Excuse me Madam Chancellor, but we are just going to hand the entirety of our Navy over to this Sith Lord, oh and by the way, lets just forget that a month ago she was a wanted criminal and the face on the ‘Prime’ card of a Sabbacc Deck’….” Jace of course referred to the Republic’s use of faces of the Empire’s most deadly adversaries on a deck of Sabbacc cards. They issued the cards to the Republic Military throughout the galaxy in an effort to get the Soldiers to ‘know their enemy’. They were going to play Sabbacc anyway, they might as well do some training at the same time. RT laughed, but at the same time he was serious. This had to be dealt with, there was no time for dalliances anymore.

“Jace, this could go on forever…we don’t know what the Zakuul want or where they are headed. Three fronts, all opened. I want to go to each, but I can’t be in three places at one time.”

At the earlier conversation, RT had been mostly silent allowing the Supreme Chancellor to do her ‘politician’s thing’ Gladhanding, thanking everyone for their service and roughly outlining what she wanted to happen. But everyone in the room knew that the real planning was going to happen after she left. Politicians had no idea what the military did, they never understood. So as the room cleared leaving Jace and RT alone, most everyone in the fleet stood with baited breath waiting to see what came out of the room. It helped that both men were friends and had served with one another, but Jace was going to do his duty to the Republic, friend or not. RT had to convince him that it wasn’t just the Republic’s problem anymore and he would have to do it again once the Sith delegation arrived. RT hoped beyond hope that his sister would be awake by the time that happened.

This was the bartering time, the give and take between Jace and RT as they decided what was and was not going to be deployed and to where. One fleet had already departed with Marstel, it was the least Jace could do under the circumstances. That third front that opened that the rest of the galaxy did not yet know about had to be contained. There was little convincing of the need for it to be done as Marstel and the 7th fleet of the Republic Navy departed for the Moddell Sector. RT laughed at that when he left. ‘The 7th fleet, Karolin would have a Nerf if she knew Marstel was in Command of her old fleet…’.

“RT, I understand what you want…I get it. But understand this and you will get this same response from the Sith, we and they are going to protect the assets we have. Planets outside our Empire’s are on their own…Hutts, non-aligned systems…all of it. I have my orders, when I return to Coruscant that’s where I will be and the bulk of our forces withdrawn to the Core Worlds….that’s how it is old buddy, I’m sorry.”

Making a face like he smelled something foul, RT tapped the conference table looking off. He figured that response, but he had to try. Still there was the Sith and they had not yet arrived, “Jace…at the very least re-enforce the ‘Coalition’ fleet. I will go out to Abrion myself. That was the original plan anyway. You go re-enforce the Mid Rim and the Core, I will try to convince the Sith to do the sam—“ Jace smiled as RT spoke, his eyebrow coming up, “—what? What’s so funny?”

“Good luck with that, word has it Darth Marr himself is coming here. And he WILL NOT want to talk to you…if you get my drift.” Jace got up straightening his uniform. RT knew exactly what he meant, Marr would want to deal directly with Mrysti, “But…it's done. You will get the re-enforcement to the ‘Coalition’ fleet. Leave for Abrion as soon as possible….” Jace looked down shyly, here he was ordering RT about as he had over the course of the past 20 years. When they met RT was but a Corporal and Jace a low ranking Captain. That was gone now and he knew it, his eyes said ‘sorry’, but he didn’t voice it, “Sure, you won’t change your mind about that Commission? ‘Admiral RT’ or ‘General RT’ sounds awful good…” He smiled waiting on the answer as RT rose to join him already moving toward the door.

“No Jace…I am not going out like that. I am just plain ‘ol RT. You give me a good Commander, I will make it happen…”

--

That prickling touched her mind, it seemed to make her image of the galaxy spin as it zoned in and zoomed in on the location of the touch. Arcann felt her, knew where she was. It had been almost four days of coming in and out of consciousness. How did the ‘boy’ manage that? To use the Force with the power of a Seasoned Master? Suddenly her eyes opened in the Kolto Solution as she tried to look through the green haze and out of the glass. Arcann was coming, he was coming to Kuat and he was coming for her.

Ripping at the mask on her face, Mrysti kicked against the glass of the tank. The Doctors and technicians in the room jumped at the sound looking at the thrashing Mirialan in the tank. The mask already floating freely, she closed her eyes a moment and harnessed her power as she launched another foot at the glass of the Kolto Tank. The Doctor’s got the message as one of them keyed the intercom for ship board communication.

<“Alert in the Med-bay….Alert in the Med-bay…will the ‘Coalition’ Commander please come to the Med-bay…STAT.”>

Tython

Satele climbed the embankment looking around. Isolated as Karolin had kept herself the past couple of days, the Grandmaster was dismayed to hear from Karolin’s mentor that she had went into seclusion, claiming to be pursuing a pilgrimage to an ancient temple somewhere on Tython. Knowing Karolin the way she did, but also stopping by her room to look, Satele knew that was most likely not true. So Satele climbed the high embankment to get to that spot she knew Karolin would most likely be. As she crested the top, she was rewarded to see the lithe Mirialan sitting and watching the waterfall. Her smile faded however as she approached, the scattering of liquor bottles and other assorted things Karolin liked to get into lying around her.

There was no chastising as Satele sat and looked out at the waterfall next to Karolin, both women staying silent for a long time.

“I suppose I should say something like, ‘This is unacceptable’ or ‘You will never find what you are looking for if you keep this up’…” Satele put her arm around Karolin, “…none of that means anything when it comes to your children. I know a little of what you’re going through…”

Karolin didn’t react to the arm around her, keeping her eyes fixed on the ever moving waters of the falls. Her eyes were glassy from tears and from the near half a dozen bottles of liquor she consumed, not all at once but over the course of the past three days. Satele may have know a little of what she was going through, but she didn’t have Karolin’s visions. And knowing what she knew about the future, by letting her Son go she may have also sealed his fate. Finally, Karolin turned a little giving Satele a sideways glance.

“Have a lot of Son’s willing to die for you these days?” Karolin half-smiled as Satele dropped the arm looking the direction her Mirialan Jedi was watching.

“Not exactly…” Satele looked down smiling weakly, “My Son and I are not on the best terms…he is more like his father like that….” Karolin now watched her fully. Satele was revealing something she didn’t want to talk about and Karolin was not going to force the issue.

“So I suppose I should prepare myself for some sort of punishment…I mean having the Damn Grandmaster of the Jedi find you surrounded by this….” Karolin laughed to herself as she gestured to the bottles, “…honestly, Satele…I can’t wait to be finished here. I need to get out there and be useful.”

Standing and brushing herself off, Satele was relived Karolin placed the focus on something else. She looked down non-chalantly still rubbing the dirt off her tunic, “Then why aren’t you?”

“What? Finished?...I don’t know, I guess I am still waiting for something….”

Moving back the way she came, Satele started down the path, but stopped looking back at the still sitting Karolin before continuing onward. “If you are waiting for something…some kind of grand sign or a lightning bolt to hit you…you know as well as I do, the Force doesn’t work like that. If you are waiting for me to tell you, ‘Karolin…it’s time for you to go, you’re done…’ You will be waiting a long time, I am never going to say that…”

Karolin stood still a little woozy from the amount of booze she drank, but dusted herself off as well looking at her Master. There was a question, but Karolin just shook her head. She knew what Satele was saying, she knew that the Grandmaster was right. But, there had to be something else, why did she not feel right about it yet.

Satele moved back toward Karolin and stood over the smaller woman. Taking a finger she placed it in her chest and smiled.

“What am I doing, right at this moment…what am I doing?”

Karolin looked at the finger, she hated the Jedi way of getting something across to someone; all of the riddles and innuendo. The constant self-discovery, it got old after a while. Sighing exasperatedly, Karolin slumped and answered annoyingly, “You’re pointing your finger at me…what?!?! I don’t know…”

Still smiling, Satele kept the finger up on her friend’s chest, “I am pointing at the only Master in the world that can tell Master Karolin Alpha that she is done.” As she lowered the finger, she opened her eyes a bit wider, “You. You were ready to leave the moment you got here, not in spirit, but in power. You are not here because you can’t do it Karolin…you’re here because YOU don’t believe you can. And the moment that Master Karolin Alpha decides that she can, then our journey together has come to an end….” Satele reached forward and hugged Karolin, “That first moment I met you…back on Coruscant, till you became my adjutant…everything we have been through together one thing has remained constant…” As Satele pulled away, as she looked as Karolin with a sad smile, “…I knew someday we would come to our end. I wish you luck, my friend….no matter what happens….”

Karolin watched Satele leave and stood watching the leaves blow across the path long after Satele's shadow retreated down the side of the mountain. Taking a deep breath, she held it a moment the Force already working to burn the booze out her system. Her face twisted in a sneer as she reached out with a hand grasping the water in the fall and twisting it above her. Karolin screamed in fury as she twisted and shaped the water moving it about her in a snake like fashion. When she was sure she had control of that element and thoroughly under her control she launched a hand down toward the ground at her feet. It began to rumble slightly as she launched a pillar of the dirt and rock into the air to join it's brother water. Karolin twisted them both, as she played with the elements; moving them about quickly and snaking around her. It was time...this was Karolin's way of parting with Tython, for perhaps the last time.

Launching her hands into the air in the Force she sent the Earth of Tython and the Water of the Planet into the air and as they both came back toward her threatening to crush her with their elements, Karolin closed her arms tightly around herself, bending at the waist and in a final explosion in the Force launched all of her power, everything emotion she had at the falling elements. The Force consumed the elements and as she stood still smoking from the assault, Karolin looked out over the landscape. Whoever was threatening the galaxy had just awoken the smallest giant in the Jedi Order; MASTER Karolin Alpha was ready.

The hillside exploded in a Supernova, as Satele already at the bottom looked back up at the light emanating brightly from the hillside. She saw a little of the waterfall as well as the dirt and rocks from the explosion of light launch itself in every direction of the spot Karolin was standing, though she could not see her friend through the blinding light. Satele smiled as she turned back, whispering to herself and making her way back to the Temple.

"Goodbye, My friend....Force be with you...."
Mize, Level 60: Sith Juggernaut
Mrysti, Level 65: Sith Juggernaut
Sicness, Level 60: Sith Inquisitor
Amalgom, Level 60: Imperial Operative
Marstel, Level 60: Bounty Hunter
Karolin (Dark-side), Level 65: Sith Mararder

RTninefoursix, Level 65: Republic Vanguard
RTninefourfive, Level 60: Republic Commando
Karolin, Level 65: Jedi Sage
Porchia, Level 65: Gunslinger
Derrick-veruna, Level 65: Jedi Guardian
Beta, Level 60: Jedi Sentinel
V'ictoria, Level 60: Scoundrel
GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Re: The Alpha Legacy - "Fall" Prelude to KotFE

Post by GuardianElite »

Moddell Sector – West Side of the Outer Rim, 18 Parsecs outside of Endor

Walking to the bridge, Marstel stopped outside the bulkhead door and looked at the plaque hanging in a prominent spot just outside. It was a place all ships commissioned by the Republic Navy hung their commissioning certificate the day they left spacedock and Marstel smiled as he read it. The ship was named “The New Star – In Honor of the Original Flag Ship, ‘The North Star’ Lost over Hoth in a battle with Imperial Forces”. It struck Marstel that even as he stood in unfamiliar territory, meaning a Republic Battleship, familiar territory was never far away from him. His sisters and his brother were never far away from him. ‘The North Star’ was Karolin’s flagship when she was in Command of the 7th Fleet and here Marstel stood a breath away from a plaque commemorating the battle she was a part of. Of course the truth of the situation was not widely known. Marstel knew as did the rest of the Alphas, it was that battle over Hoth that sent Karolin to the Dark Side and started her down the long path of destruction that only recently she ceased. Still smiling, Marstel strode into the bridge. What an effect they all had on the galaxy already. All of the Alphas had left their mark in some way and there was still work to be done. The final chapter had not been written, but as Marstel approached the Commander he knew they all were in the final pages.

As the 7th Fleet of the Republic Navy exited out of the Hyperlane and prepared to recalculate to the next jump, Marstel pulled the Commander of the Republic Fleet aside. The two had barely spoken since Marstel boarded, the Commander having no love for the presence of an Imperial on board his vessel. As it stood, there were several Imperials on board as well as several Imperial vessels assigned to the fleet as last minute filers for ships unable to depart as quickly as the Supreme Commander, Jace Malcom would have liked. The Commander pursed his lips annoyingly. Ordinarily he would have had Marstel removed from his bridge for such an interruption, but the Supreme Commander’s orders were very clear; ‘You are in Command, but you will HEED the advice of MY special advisor. He is to be given full access…’ Not that Jace and Marstel were good friends or even close acquaintances, but RT, Marstel’s brother WAS a close friend. Marstel knew he was unwanted, but what he had to say would most likely make the Commander happy at any rate.

“I wanna git off ‘fore tha next jump….I been lookin’ at tha tactical. We lan’ in tha next jump spot an we’re gonna be jumpin’ straigh’ into ‘a fight…”

The Commander looked at Marstel like he wasn’t there shrugging slightly. The man had no idea who Marstel was or what his capabilities were and Marstel had no plans to illuminate him as to his designs. Though the Commander was understandably curious. Nodding in acknowledgement, the Commander crooked an eyebrow, Marstel didn’t look like the kind of man who would run from a fight; this had to be something else.

“Will we be picking you up, Sir…after you’re done with whatever you’re doing?”

As Marstel turned to walk away, the shadow of the seven foot tall man trailing behind him, he turned and smiled at the Commander.

“I will find ya’ll when I’m done….if there’s still a fleet left ta fin’ tha’ is….”

Kuat Drive Yards – Republic Flagship ‘Honor’ – Infirmary

Nearly ready to leave before he was summoned by shipboard alert, RT ran the halls to the infirmary and entered nearly slipping and falling to his death on the floor. He skidded to a halt knocking over a table and a 21-B droid as he landed and pulled on the Kolto tank control system for support. Kolto was all over the floor, nearly flooding the entire compartment as Mrysti climbed out of the tank and stood stretching her neck and flexing her hands as if nothing happened. RT’s eyes got as wide as the medical staff, who had already retreated beyond Mrysti’s reach as she kicked the glass, shattering the container and spilling its contents all over the deck. They were after all, Republic Medical personnel, not at all used to having a Sith Lord in one of their tanks. RT frowned angrily looking at the chrono on his wrist before looking back up at his sister, who did nothing to acknowledge his presence; still stretching and moving her limbs as she tested them.

“By my Chrono, you have another day and half in there…mind telling me why it was so important to break the system in order to get out…OH and let’s not forget, interrupt your healing cycle?!?!”

The image that woke Mrysti was still burned into her memory as she flexed her fingers raising her left arm as she looked over her shoulder at her brother. Lightning began to arc itself from her elbow to her fingertips as she thought of the one who was headed her direction. And that reasoning was for no other purpose than to come for HER. Mrysti sneered at her thought, he eyes slowly turning to her brother completely in time with her already turned head.

“He’s coming here….for me. I have something he wants and I am guessing he doesn’t feel he can’t wait for it…..”

RT grit his teeth, nearly slipping as he moved closer to her and placing a hand on his sister to turn her around. Hot to the touch, Mrysti steamed slightly from the Kolto and the lightning as it seared and evaporated the green liquid off of her skin.

“Look, I bought into everything…I did. But, this is insane. Do you have any clue where we are?”, it was a rhetorical question as RT was already going to answer for her, “The KUAT DRIVE YARDS, Mrysti…they are not coming here. That would be suicide for them at this juncture, we could only be so lucky….”

Looking her up and down, Mrysti didn’t seem to mind that she was still completely naked and standing in the midst of the destruction of the Kolto Tank. It wasn’t surprising, Mrysti was never known for her modesty. She glared at RT after he spoke, wanting to fight, not just with RT, but in general.

“I decide when my cycle has ended, I hardly need 4 days to—“

Shaking his head, RT pushed his sister’s shoulder hard putting a finger in her face.

“Listen to me…and you listen carefully, Mrysti. I bought into this mostly because I believe in you, because you are my sister and despite everything else you have a truth about you, even if sometimes it is so brutal that no one else can comprehend it. But…I AM NOT LEADING THIS THING, you hear me?!?! You started this and you are damn well going to finish it. We cannot do this without you and if you keep going like this…like right now and how you were on Tantra, you are not going to survive long enough to see the end…”, RT stepped back, “…and then lives are lost, because you have insight I don’t. I won’t let that happen.”, Crossing his arms he glared back at his sister, knowing the kind of response he was going to get. Mrysti pursed her lips as the lightning died out on her arm, the smoke still rising from the evaporating Kolto.

‘HE’ was coming, Mrysti was sure of it. But, arguing with her brother wasn’t going to change anything. This was something she would have to deal with when it presented itself. Saying nothing, she stood defiantly folding her arms over her chest, her large breasts ‘smooshing’ inward as she clamped tightly. It was as close to acquiescence RT was going to get from her and he knew it. Neither one in a habit of backing down. The fact that she was silent meant she was at least listening, though obviously she didn’t agree. She looked over at the shattered Kolto Tank, at least she could throw that at RT.

“I’m not going back in there.” Mrysti grit her teeth as she spoke, needing to win at least part of the argument with her brother.

“I am not asking you too, besides….” He looked her up and down smiling slightly, “….you need to get cleaned up…YOUR Imperials are coming and they will not want to talk to me. I have already dealt with the Republic.” His face changed back to serious a moment as he watched her start moving toward the door, not even a slip in her walk, Mrysti seemed to levitate over the slippery substance on the floor. The Kolto dripping and trailing off of her naked form as she walked, still oblivious to her nakedness. “I am leaving for the Abrion Sector, Jace is re-enforcing the ‘Coalition’ fleet and I am taking it….”

Stopping at the door, Mrysti raised an eyebrow in alarm. She wondered where Marstel was, but his lack of presence meaning he was most likely gone already.

“And what about me?!?! I am supposed to just wait here in Kuat till the both of you decide to come back here and allow me to get back in my own War?!?!”

RT frowned as he slipped and slid getting right up next to his sister and touching her shoulder; more for balance than to console her, “Oh don’t be so melodramatic…that’s why YOU are meeting with the Imperials. As soon as you get a fleet, you head back out toward Tantra and hold position; hopefully in the Dagobah system…if it’s not gone already.” Mrysti looked down as the door to the Infirmary slid open and she started to walk away. There was a need to tell her brother ‘good-luck’, but her mind was preoccupied. Tantra would still be there and Dagobah would be unaffected by any sort of timetable, for the moment the ‘brothers’ had stopped their assault in this part of the galaxy. She was the reason why and despite what RT said, in a few hours they would all know the reasoning. ‘HE’ was coming here regardless if they believed it or not.

RT frowned as he watched the naked visage of his sister walk down the hall and disappear behind a bulkhead. Commnader Kell, having witnessed most of the exchange looked over at RT as they smirked at each other; RT’s departing words making Kell smile broader.

“I told you…she’s cranky.”

Korriban Space Station – The Inner Tingel Arm

The Force was his co-pilot and Beta had no idea why in the midst of plotting a course to the Kuat Drive Yards, he altered his calculations and headed out towards Korriban. Something told him he needed to be there and he had no idea why. As the Hyperlane, that was aptly named the ‘Daragon Trail’ named after the man who discovered the quick travel lane to the area in the First Hyperspace War - Gav Daragon, deposited Beta and his Jedi Cruiser in Korriban space he was shocked to see no one coming to intercept him. Beta keyed the frequency to the station as a crisp Imperial voice answered even before he could finish his transmission.

<“This is Korriban Control, we have you on scan…please identify….”>

They had to know he was a Jedi. Jedi cruiser, Jedi transponder…the only thing Beta wasn’t doing was sticking his head out a window and yelling, “Hey I’m a Jedi!!!”. He looked at the speaker that emanated the voice curiously before answering.

“Yes…this is Uh….Jedi Knight, Beta Alpha on approach to Korriban…are you going to stop me or something?!?!” It was a stupid question, Beta had actually pulled back on the throttle to slow his approach. Though it was a ‘stupid’ question he had no idea why things were so quiet. Being isolated on Tython, he missed the news of the cease-fire between the Republic and the Sith Empire. As the voice came back with a high pitched whine of frequency tuning, he pulled back on this approach even more, half-expecting a trap.

<“Yes…we acknowledge your transponder code Jedi Cruiser, though the cease-fire prohibits us from firing on you, Darth Marr has not extended travel to the surface of Korriban for Republic personnel…”, There was a long pause as the voice took a humorous tone, “…but, you are more than welcomed to come aboard the station and wait for landing clearance….Jedi.”>

That last word, ‘Jedi’ was said with a humorous, distain. That’s what they wanted, a Jedi to come on board and cool his heels while they toyed and made fun of having one on board. Beta was nearly ready to turn around, ignore the Force and set his course back to Kuat like he originally planned. As he adjusted his throttle, something told him not to. There was something or someone on Korriban that could help him or he was supposed to help. The Force wasn’t always clear. Smiling at his speaker, the Twi’lek punched the key hard, the same sarcastic tone in his voice as he was given.

“Certainly…Korriban Control, I would be happy to land and wait for clearance. Hope you guys have something good cooking for dinner….it’s been a long flight…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Kuat Drive Yards – Republic Flagship ‘Honor’ – Command Conference Room

Still wiping her hand through her hair, Mrysti entered the Conference room already sensing the foreboding presence of Darth Marr before she even entered. Last time, the shoe was on the other foot. They were over Ziost; Marr had Mrysti by the throat and relived her of Command due to her own stubbornness. There was no love lost between the two as she entered and immediately took a seat, not even bothering to wait for permission to be seated. It seemed Marr half expected her to be defiant as he turned slowly waving a hand in the direction of his aides to leave the room. That left the two of them alone, Marr lowering his mass into a chair across from Mrysti.

“Commander of the Coalition…this group you’ve formed; you realize of course, you could have brought all of this before us….there was no reason for subterfuge.” Marr voice was shadowy and malicious as ever, even with his attempt to level the playing field his voice still sounded menacing.

Mrysti clicked her tongue against her mouth as she sat up glaring across the table. In her mind, they had already fought a battle and the ‘Coalition’ proved it’s worth without the help of the Empire. Though the much needed support came in the form of a combined SIS/ISD fleet, Marr appeared oblivious to the situation. No doubt, his obsessive quest to find their errand Emperor occupying his time. As Mrysti sat up still holding the glare, she was about to begin the conversation, the bartering between the two as to what Marr and the Empire would give to the cause. At the moment, Mrysti no longer considered herself solely of the Empire, she was the Coalition Commander and THAT was where she put her allegiance. Marr no doubt felt that as the Klaxon began to blare shortly before she spoke.

<”All Hands to battle-stations…say again, all-hands to battle stations…Zakuul Main Battleship entering Kuat Drive Sector 13….all-hands to battle stations.”>

Mrysti exchanged a look with Marr, though she expected this to happen she didn’t think ‘He’ would come so quickly. It was time for a reckoning as she stood bowing slightly to Darth Marr. Though she held no love for the ‘Lord of the Dark Lords’ she needed him and the Empire. Being gracious, she gestured for the door.

“I suppose our conversation can wait…you are more than welcomed to join me on the bridge. This is a Republic ship however, even I do not have say in what it does….not yet anyway.”

Reaching the bridge, Mrysti and Marr stood off to the side as the Republic Commanders spoke and rushed around on the bridge. Marr looked incredibly out of place, not that Mrysti looked any better standing next to him in her black armor, but the looks from those on board the ship were different. They were looking at her differently. There was grudging respect that had been earned after the actions on Tantra. The looks of distain were directed at Marr it seemed. As they listened, Commander Kell was just arriving as well; his Comm pressed tightly against his right ear and he nodded at Mrysti with a slight smirk before stopping on her side and leaning into her. Marr giving the both of them a strange look, if it could be seen through his hideous mask.

“It’s one ship…and they are out of weapons range. They have stopped at station keeping…”

Mrysti strode forward looking out the window, she knew what she had to do; the question was how? As in all things, the Force presented itself with the chaos of the bridge providing her cover, one of the Deck Officers looking at Commander Kell and acknowledging his Command.

“Your Orders, Sir…”

Kell immediately looked at Mrysti, who smiled and waved him off. There was no way she was taking Command with what she had to do and no one would understand it. The fact that it was so crazy, they may have even tried to stop her.

“No, no Commander…this is your Command, your ship. I bow to your tactical genius.”

Marr seemed occupied as he leaned over a communications console, no doubt alerting the fleet he brought with him to make ready. Kell immediately went into action, all of his attention now laser focused on the ship sitting out just beyond their range. There was only one other person, Gonikur and not seeing him Mrysti slipped quietly from the bridge making her way to the lower hangars.

Kuat Drive Yards – Zakuul Main Battleship

“This is tactically dangerous, brother…father would not approve.”

The ‘dark’ prince loomed over his more lighter armored brother, looking out the forward viewport as the Kuat Drive Yards came into a distant view. The ‘white’ prince; Arcann placed his hands on his hips as he too turned his attention outward, but his eyes were partially shut, smiling.

“They will not attack, not once they discover she’s gone….”

--

The configuration was more like an Imperial Vessel than she expected with several ventral and aft fighter ports illuminating from the skin of the ship than she previously thought. The Zakuul vessel was large than a Harrower and almost twice as long, at least this particular vessel. As Mrysti moved the shields of her starship to ‘forward’ expecting the Zakuul’ battleship to open fire at any moment, she was shocked when she reached their weapons range and then passed through that range without having a shot fired at her in anger. Mrysti pressed the throttle lever down as far as it would go, the Force guiding her as she headed to one of the ventral hangars. The shield already lowered on the Zakuul ship in that area. Landing without hindrance to her progress, Mrysti bit her lower lip and quickly gathered her things to disembark as her starship began its shut down sequence.

Not that it made any difference, Mrysti kept her lightsaber in her hand as she tried to skirt the walls and stay hidden. Leaving the ship, there was no one in the hangar. Not a single individual. The hangar was completely empty and as she continued to move the Force buzzed in her mind it was leading her somewhere, but she had no idea where or how to get there. Skirting around a series of storage crates Mrysti emerged in a huge pathway leading out of the hangar and toward a lift. Reluctantly, she entered the lift which immediately began to rise without her input as to a destination. The Force ceased it’s buzzing and became a scream as she realized what it was that was calling her and leading her forward. Slowly, she stepped off the lift and activated her lightsaber in the dimly lit observation chamber. Standing across from her stood Arcann, the ‘white’ prince of the Zakuul Empire.

The room was circular in configuration and vaulted upward surrounded by viewports that looked out in almost every direction. The purple glow and hum of Mrysti’s lightsaber lit her way off the lift as she stepped off and stood glaring at the ‘boy’ across from her. To her he was a boy, so raw and unfocused and it reminded her of herself when she was first discovered on Hutta by her Master. So much potential and rage, all of it unfocused and when it was focused on something it always seemed to be the wrong thing. Mrysti sensed something else in him, there was a new resolve and a curiosity. Before either of them spoke, she realized that the curiosity was what must have brought him here. Clenching the lightsaber tightly, Mrysti stood up a bit straighter and strode forward, her face twisting in anger.

“Where is the other one, boy?!?! Or have you decided you wish to die alone???”

Arcann cracked a slight smile as he looked down, in a way it was a shy acknowledgement of Mrysti, his lightsaber still clipped to his belt. His reasoning for allowing her to land had nothing to do with battle as he would soon reveal, but for the moment he marveled in the spectacle that was Darth Retuvisa. Much taller than any woman Arcann had ever seen, it was disgusting and alluring at the same time. This Dark Lord carried rage with her and seemed to emanate death as she strode into the room, her very presence seeming to stifle and fill the area around them. But, finally looking directly in her eye the face he presented was anything but pleasant. Mrysti's words having angered him, a typical response from someone so young in the Force. It was the response she wished to get from him.

“I allowed you to land, I allowed you to make it this far…you only exist by MY WILL and my WILL alone, Mrysti Alpha…”, slowly Arcann began to move, the two of them staying opposite one another as Mrysti tried to close the distance. She was in no mood to talk, having only come to the ship with one objective in mind. Sever the head of the Snake and end the war in one blow.

“That was foolish young one, you are out of your depth.”, Mrysti raised the lightsaber pointing it at Arcann, “And this time you invite your doom by not having your brother here to support you…” Arcann stopped moving, his look of surprise giving Mrysti pause. That was not the response she was hoping for as he felt his anger rise, but not at her.

“I don’t need my brother for this. You think I brought you here to finish what we started on Tantra???”, Arcann shook his head, “No…I have no reason to fight you. You have already lost, all of you have. This galaxy needs to be purged of the injustice cause by you and all of your kind. The Zakuul will bring that justice. It is inevitable.”

Mrysti stopped moving and lowered her lightsaber slightly, her head tilted in a questioning manner.

“What are you babbling about, boy? Draw your saber and let’s finish this!!!”

Arcann folded his arms and glared at Mrysti, now his anger subsided to a point of contempt rather than anger. The air in the room seemed to get thick with that feeling as Mrysti kept her saber at a low guard.

“You have fought many battles, Mrysti Alpha. You are a legend among your kind and I can think of no one better to serve the Zakuul Empire. I brought you here to offer you a pardon for your part in trying to resist us. Lower your weapon and show me what I need to know in using the ‘power’ to get what I want. Teach me your uses of it and I will allow you to live. You can continue to serve in the Zakuul Empire help us rid this galaxy of all of the injustice of your kind.”

For the second time in as many hours, Mrysti felt awkward again. When she stepped off the lift, she expected to be engaged in battle almost immediately. Her whole reason for going to the ship was in a mad hope that she could somehow spare the galaxy a war by killing one or both of these ‘boys’ before they did any real damage. As she looked at Arcann curiously, this was not at all what she was expecting. Thoughts of the galaxy she was trying to protect went out one of the viewports as with her own self-interest she actually considered the offer. For about five seconds. Carefully, she closed the distance with Arcann, this time lowering her saber fully until it was at her side, her brow raising curiously, a feign to get close.

“And if I refuse?”

Learning from his mistakes, Arcann’s hand slipped to his belt line. He looped his thumbs under the edge of the belt, his other fingers hovering near the hilt of his lightsaber. Mrysti smiled slightly, he was learning at a rapid pace, as she realized he knew she was trying to get close to strike.

“If you refuse…you die. Right here, right now.” Arcann paused letting that sink in as Mrysti again moved a step closer, “Why resist us? I know you have no love for these Jedi and your allegiance to the Sith is questionable.” Arcann smiled seeing her raise her eyebrow, “Yes, we have access to your databases now. I have read your files, I have seen what you’ve done. Even your own family despises you…you are a person without a home, Mrysti Alpha.” He raised one of his hands toward her, unknown that he had just crossed a line with Mrysti he was not going to be able to come back from, “Join us…all you have to do is kneel….and give me what I want…your knowledge.”

The mere mention of her family brought a slow simmering rage within Mrysti that built to a fever threatening to consume everything in the room. The rest of his words became murmurs in her mind as she stopped moving already bringing her lightsaber back up, but as he said the words ‘kneel’, Mrysti’s mind snapped, her vision flooded with a red tint of rage as the light in the room shaded that color. Pure hatred, pure vengeance for what she knew this boy would soon be responsible for. Mrysti launched herself at Arcann in a blinding fury screaming as she tried to sever his head in the first sweep of her purple blade.

“I BOW FOR NO MAN!!!”

The yellow blade was off his belt and activated before Mrysti’s sweep was even halfway to its mark, but only glanced the force of Mrysti’s strike as Arcann stepped back allowing it to pass harmlessly. It was shocking to see the rage in this Dark Lord as Arcann deflected her follow through. Mrysti chopped at him, which he deflected, parrying the next blow. Her lightsaber form seemed to be overwhelming as Arcann backed up and continued to defensively move and parry his way through the room. They locked sabers finally, the screech and squeak of the two blades echoing in the chamber. Mrysti said nothing as her breath steamed off the blades only inches from her face. Then he smiled at her only a hair away from her face and her rage had no bounds.

By sheer size alone, Mrysti pushed him off slashing again and stalking forward as Arcann seemed to stumble and fall back. The white hot of the lightsaber didn’t even register at first as Arcann spun around from his apparent ‘stumble’ and very precisely buried his saber in Mrysti’s shoulder. This was his plan all along it seemed, goad her into losing control and break her offense to land the critical strike. Arcann had enough as Mrysti stepped back clutching her shoulder. Slowly he raised his fist clenching it tightly, a red mist starting to rise from Mrysti’s smoking armor.

“You can’t win. Justice always prevails…you fight for nothing, for people that find your existence hideous and only use you for their own ends. I offer you the chance to redeem yourself and this is what I get in response? More rage...now, you WILL kneel and you will give me what I want. Even if I have to take it.”

As Arcann clenched his fist, Mrysti felt her knees give out still clutching the hole in her shoulder. The mist of red seemed to thicken around her as she fell. Even being forced to the ground, she was defiant looking at the blood as it traveled down her arm and onto the floor. He was right, she could not win. As unbalanced as she was; with all of her rage and anger, Mrysti simply lacked the control to sustain the fight against one who was so centered in the Force. Without looking up and now fully on both knees she murmured under the power of the red aura that was now encircling her.

“Y-you…will have to kill m-me…I-I have suffered worse than you…a-and h-have NEVER b-broken…”

Arcann frowned as he raised the saber failing to see the figure who entered the room the same direction as Mrysti, cloaked in the shadows. It didn’t help matters that the individual who entered was a shade smaller than the two engaged in mortal combat at the center of the room. Preparing to end it, Arcann was disappointed to say the least, but in his ‘power’ he could sense that he would never get Mrysti to cooperate. Death was Justice. Arcann was ready to delivery his verdict, after all; Mrysti rejected his offer of redemption.

“So be it…”

The voice across the room stopped him as he was about to deliver the blow. Lightning in shades of purple and yellow emanated from the shadow and crawled up, around and behind the small figure coursing over the walls. It lit up an arm and shined the light of itself partially on the cloaked figure. Green was its skin and red eyes that seemed to pierce the dark and reach out to the ‘white’ prince. The voice was larger and more powerful than the size of the figure and it sounded familiar to Arcann. As the figure spoke, Mrysti looked up locking eyes with Arcann; a wicked smile on her face.

“I would prefer if you DID NOT kill my sister….thank you….”

The stare continued as Arcann peered through the shadow, still holding the saber above him. Mrysti chuckled slightly still in pain, it came out as a raspy wheeze.

“Oh…I don’t believe you’ve met my sister….Karolin….”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Before he even knew he was moving the ‘dark’ prince of the Zakuul Empire was up and running toward the observation lounge. His mind raced with the realization of the new presence in the room and even though his brother had made him swear he would not interfere while Mrysti and he had their ‘talk’ this new presence had him pushing Zakuul warriors out of the way and bumping into walls to reach the deck. What had Arcann gotten himself into and why was this new presence so closely aligned with Mrysti? In a way he felt the bond between this new presence and the Dark Lord who arrived in a similar way he felt the bond to his own brother. It was deeper than love, it was deeper than any emotion he could think of. And as the door to the observation deck slid open to his brother’s body flying past him and out the door to land hard on the opposite deck, the ‘dark’ prince looked on the new presence and saw, this was a ‘family’ matter.

It seemed both the ‘dark’ prince and Karolin kneeled at their respective charges at the same time. Karolin laid her hand on Mrysti’s shoulder as the red mist surrounding her seemed to clear. The ‘dark’ prince bending at the knee to check on his brother in much the same fashion. Karolin looked up glaring out past the door where the two brother’s were, the one in black still kneeling to make sure the one in white was alright. Arcann slapped his brother’s hand away as he rose, re-igniting his lightsaber. It was then that the ‘dark’ prince felt it. Though he had no idea what had taken place in the room before his arrival. Arcann was not about to win a fight against this new arrival and the ‘dark’ prince quickly grabbed his arm.

“Wait! Arcann!!!”

It was too late, Arcann strode purposefully then launched himself back toward Karolin and Mrysti. Still in midflight, Karolin grimaced slightly closing her eyes partly as she waved her hand at the ‘white’ prince. His body stopped in mid-air, changed direction and sailed once again through the air, this time toward the opposite bulkhead. The ‘dark’ prince lit his own yellow saber out of reflex as Mrysti slowly stood up next to her sister still clutching her shoulder and looking down. Karolin’s eyes bored into the ‘Dark’ prince as he slowly entered the room, saber in one hand his other held out palm first in a calming motion. It was Karolin who spoke as she looped Mrysti’s arm around her tiny frame and backed up a step.

“If ‘he’ continues to attack, I will be forced to kill him. I sense you don’t want that…” As the ‘dark’ prince continued to walk and the light fully illuminated his features, Karolin got her first look at him and realized why she was feeling the strong bond between the white/dark princes. She had missed most everything during her time on Tython and her mind raced as it placed the pieces together in her genetically enhanced intellect, “He’s your brother. She…” Karolin inclined her head toward Mrysti, “…is my sister. Neither of us wants to lose their siblings today.” Her look continued to pierce the ‘dark’ prince as he slowly made his way out of the light and toward Arcann, his off-hand still raised in complacence.

“No, neither of us do…you may go, both of you. I will deal with my brother when he wakes.”

Mrysti grimaced holding onto Karolin as she whispered, still in shock and weak from the strange hold Arcann had over her, “Karolin…strike now! Do it..before it’s too l-l-late…they are vulnerable at th—“ Karolin whispered back loud and harsh as they made their way toward the lift.

“Shut the kriff up, Mrysti!! You are lucky to be alive…”

Slowly the ‘dark’ prince stood after laying his hand on his brother’s throat to check on him, watching the two Mirialan sisters make their way toward the lift. It was strange, the ‘power’ had once again shown him something he didn’t think possible. Another set of twins, both as conflicted as he and his brother were. Both representing two pieces of the whole in one another. One a dark as night, the other bright as a sun. Twins as bound to one another as he was to his brother. They could never defeat them as long as they were together. At the moment, the ‘dark’ prince wasn’t thinking about battle he was considering the paradox of how unfortunate he and his brother were. They would have to face those two women again and next time one or both of them would not be so lucky.

Moddell Sector – Zakuul Fleet 27, In Orbit Around Endor…..

Exiting the Hyperlane, Marstel looked around for the shipping lane that traveled the sector on his Holo-map. It illuminated the cockpit of his ship as he veered toward the other freighters all of them going the opposite way out of the sector. The Zakuul had to be close to be causing such a max exodus. This wasn’t going to be easy, but if they had any hope of defeating these ‘Zakuul’ Marstel had to try. He throttled the controls accelerating around the planet Endor and rising above the Terminator that slowly rose and sparked a glint of a new sunrise on the opposite side of the planet. In the reflected light, he saw it. Sitting just above the Terminator and rising above the lower orbit of the lush green planet below, the Zakuul fleet hovered menacingly. Ships were departing the larger Zakuul fleet carriers as Marstel watched them enter and disappear into the lower atmosphere.

Banking left and staying just out of sensor range, Marstel entered the lower atmosphere of Endor keeping his course parallel to the descending Zakuul troop ships. If he was lucky, he could land just outside their range and get to the location of their dropsite before they could set up a sensor array. It plagued him, ‘Why were they landing on Endor? There was nothing there to take’. The question stayed with him as he started the landing cycle, placing the ship on auto and moving to the rear of the ship to grab his things.

Abrion Sector – Pzob Planetary Orbit

“Increase Forward Firepower!!!”, the Commander yelled as RT grabbed one of the consoles for support. The ship rocking from the turbo lasers of the Zakuul cruisers firing on them. They were winning, this Zakuul fleet not as strong in numbers as the one they faced on Tantra, though in their late arrival the Zakuul had already started their landing on Pzob. The Commander kept his focus on the lead Zakuul cruiser as it exploded shedding debris into space, the Republic Battleship sailing through it to their next target as the Battleship once again rocked from incoming fire.

“Get me on the ground, Commander!!! We have to get close enough to launch the assault shuttles!!!”

Acknowledging RT, the Commander nodded and pointed to the holo-screen that hovered in the distance between himself and the forward viewport, “Seven minutes…when this next cruiser goes up, I will have you in range. Get the men to the shuttles...I will drop on your command.” The Commander grabbed RT’s arm as he started to depart. This was a ‘Coalition’ fleet, the spirit of camaraderie already having been forged on Tantra. RT forgave the slight in the grasp of the Commander, looking at him curiously. It was RT after all that had requested Jace give him a capable Commander to lead the fight in space and so far the man had done admirably in the battle, “I still don’t get it, Major…why Pzob?? There is nothing worth holding in this sector, Pzob is not even a strategic key to holding this part of the galaxy?”

Shrugging RT looked back out the viewport. It was indeed a valid question. So far analysis hadn’t indicated any clear strategy in what in what the Zakuul were trying to do. But, it was a question RT hoped to get the answer to when he reached Pzob. Quickly he left the bridge and made his way to the hangar bay, hoping to find the answers he was looking for in a few hours once he reached the surface.

Kuat Drive Yards

Still holding her shoulder, Mrysti grimaced leaning her head back as Karolin piloted and took them back across the space between the Yards and the Zakuul flagship. They didn’t speak, Karolin still grimacing from her brief encounter with the two ‘brothers’. Karolin glanced over at her sister, Mrysti seemed changed, more weathered and tired than when she last saw her. Turning her head back to piloting, Mrysti returned the look at the last second and smiled.

“I’m happy to see you too….”

Seeming to hang in the air between them, Karolin started to speak reflectively even as she moved her hands over the controls of her Jedi Cruiser.

“It started as a whisper, on a wind that wasn’t really there. Originally, I was going to go to Hutta, because that’s where you told me you would be. Then it spoke to me as I left Tython, I knew you would already be gone. I felt you, I knew you had done something crazy and it brought me here.”, Karolin looked at Mrysti with a hard stare, “I’m not going to ask what you think you were doing, I already know. It’s who you are Mrysti, you always act with the purest of intent. You thought if you killed them or if you stopped them in some way that all of this would end….”

Karolin got quiet letting her words drift away as she continued to move her hands slowly over the controls. With a different view of her sister than before, Mrysti sat up slightly. Karolin was different, her words different. There was a light around her like Mrysti had never seen. Ordinarily being this close to someone so saturated in the Light of the Force would have made Mrysti ill, but as she looked and her mouth dropped open slightly, she just stared in amazement. Something had happened to Karolin on Tython and though Mrysti was curious, she didn’t care. Just being in Karolin’s presence was warm and uplifting. Reaching over she clasped a hand on Karolin’s arm and squeezed, turning her head away. There was nothing else necessary to be spoken.

As they landed in the hangar bay of the ‘Honor’ and before Karolin unbuckled herself she looked over at Mrysti placing her own hand on that hand that stayed clasped to her arm most of the flight. Though she couldn’t see her sister’s face, Karolin knew Mrysti had cried most of the way. The final chapter was now being written and both sisters knew that with Karolin’s arrival the end was coming. Smiling, Karolin squeezed the hand a little tighter hoping Mrysti would look at her, when she didn’t Karolin spoke anyway.

“Fear…no longer plagues me. I know you are hurting, I know that you don’t want what we both know is coming to happen. But, I am unafraid, Mrysti. This is where I am supposed to be. You are where you are supposed to be. And I can see. I can see everything now. The colors, life in all of its glory….everything….and it’s wonderful.” Mrysti finally turned her head as Karolin continued to smile, “There is no end Mrysti, there never was…there is no death in the eternal life that is….the Force. You are sad and you are crying for something that you should be rejoicing. Don’t cry for me….”

She didn’t want to hear that, but there was nothing she could say to challenge what Karolin said. And as she watched the smiling face that beamed a pure light radiating throughout the ship, Mrysti knew it was true. More she knew Karolin absolutely believed it. Quickly and ignoring the pain, Mrysti grabbed her sister and held her close, hugging her so tight she threatened to crush her. That moment she never wanted to let go, she would never let go as she sniffled and sobbed loudly. Just because Karolin believed it and no longer feared the death that was coming didn’t mean Mrysti had to like it. And she murmured into her sister’s shoulder beginning the long process of crying uncontrollably. Some of the tears were for a life she lost, some of them were for the brother they already lost, but most were for what was coming and the Time. Time had changed things so dramatically, all of the time they both had wasted. No one ever really considered that until it was the end, considered what you would do if you had just one more minute, just one more second to right something or do something you wish you would have done.

“I will never let you go…and I will change this…I am not going to lose you too.”

The Force was ever changing in its ebb and flow as it controlled the destinies of all things. But in this Karolin was sure, they had both seen it already. Nothing, absolutely nothing Mrysti could do was going to change what was coming. And Karolin was ok with that, as she patted the back of her much larger sister. Putting on the brave face, her own tears threatening to break free she struggled speech against the mammoth hold of her sister. Someone had to be the stronger of the both of them and there was still much to be done.

“Hey…I’m still here. I haven’t left yet and you are treating my rescue like some kind of funeral….”

Laughing Mrysti wiped her face trying to compose herself. Sitting up she looked at the light of her sister and bowed her head shamefully. Karolin’s presence seeming to bring an emotional response. Perhaps it was just seeing her sister again. Both of them knew that wasn’t the entire truth. The Light of the Force always sought to block out the darkness. In Mrysti it saw the need for her to let go of her true feelings and having seen them, Mrysti was now ashamed. Both women got up, Mrysti feeling lighter for some reason the pain of the shoulder wound having disappeared. As both of them reached the ramp and as it lowered to the deck of the larger ship, Karolin took her hand off the shoulder of her larger sister, the light and healing energies she was placing in and around Mrysti retreating back to their source.

And she smiled...

Even knowing what was coming...Karolin smiled.

It was the beginning of the end...in Karolin's mind, there was no beginning or an end, there was only THE FORCE.

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Endor – Zakuul Staging Area

Using the natural foliage and the movement inhibitor built into the stealth suit Marstel wore, he skirted the large trees and stayed low as he approached the Zakuul base camp. Getting closer, Marstel looked at his wrist and made sure full stealth was on, even though he suspected the Zakuul would have some way of detecting a cloaking field. Stopping just outside of range, Marstel checked the scanner on his wrist and saw the tell-tale signs of a sensor array capable of detecting a cloaking field emanating from around the perimeter, but as he watched the little bit of movement from around the camp he almost reached up to scratch his head in confusion. It made no sense. The Zakuul were not moving, in fact after setting up what seemed like a staging base for mounting an invasion, they simply sat in place. Something was keeping them still.

Zakuul Knights were going about a routine of monitoring the array, patrolling the perimeter and practicing what seemed like a daily combat regiment. Marstel frowned again from within his cloaking field, he needed to get closer. It was a massive staging area with more than a dozen pre-fabricated structures, a large hangar and a command structure complete with a large satellite and antenna array decorating the top. There had to be a vulnerability, it was Endor after all and although Marstel had never personally visited the planet, he had detailed files on it. The planet was virtually one large forest, mostly still in a pre-historic age of formation. The trees were in some cases almost as large as a Coruscant skyscraper and almost as big around. Land that made for difficult building in some cases, if you did not pick your position correctly to place a structure. It was unforgiving terrain for building and travel as the forest did not always cooperate.

As Marstel waited for a patrol to pass before moving on his own to yet another part of the perimeter in order to scan for a vulnerability, he heard a movement both above and next to him rustle in the trees. Having looked over the file before he left, Marstel was reminded of the indigenous species that existed on the planet. There were a myriad of both mammalian and reptilian species that were, like the forest, stuck in a pre-historic age of formation. They were LARGE and in his estimation avoidable if he played his routes correctly. At the moment he had no alternative, but to sit still. If the movement was a predator it would most likely smell him and any movement would not only give up his position, but also give the Zakuul time to react to an unknown presence. Marstel hoped his hunting skill had not degraded so much from his palatial living on Dromund Kaas the last couple of months. He smiled as he thought of her and ‘their’ apartment allowing his mind to wonder for a split second before getting back on task.

Seeing the small creatures drop from the trees and pass him, though they did sniff the air around him cautiously as they did so, Marstel almost laughed out loud. He had nearly forgotten about the indigenous Ewoks and their massive tree cities that decorated the planet. They were small ‘bear’ like creatures, incredibly intelligent with a tribal structure to go with their societal tree homes. He watched as they approached the sensor array cautiously and took a similar pose to himself, crouching down just in front of him to watch the Zakuul. There may have been 10 to 12 of the small Ewoks as they looked on and whispered harshly to one another, apparently in discussion about what they should do. Marstel nearly laughed again, it was incredibly cute and his thought was immediately to steal one and bring it home to Mai. As one of the Ewoks approached a little closer to the array, the jarring noise of the Klaxon alarm from inside the Zakuul staging area made him perk his head up.

Watching carefully for the Zakuul response to incursion, there were more than eight Zakuul Knights that responded to the Ewok’s trespass. It saddened him to watch as they killed the poor creature, but it struck him as odd that as soon as the Zakuul had terminated the lone Ewok, they immediately returned to the inside of the compound, reset the array and didn’t bother to look for any other Ewoks on the outside, especially in the area of the incursion. Marstel was still annoyed that the Ewok was killed when he saw the other 11 or so small creatures retreat back past him and disappear back into the woods. Apparently seeing one of their own killed was enough to make them go home, or at least he thought.

Gaining more knowledge about the camp as he watched, especially from the Zakuul response to the breach of their perimeter, Marstel’s genetically enhanced intellect was starting to formulate scenarios. They were obviously not here for conquest, if they were they would be moving out. However, it was possible they were waiting on re-enforements, but Marstel quickly discounted that based on the size of the fleet sitting in orbit. There was enough firepower in space and no doubt Knights and equipment to take three Endors. Stiil he watched and waited, it was making little sense to him, but then the warning in his mind suddenly started formulating a scenario he was loathe to think about. That the Zakuul were here as a diversion, that perhaps they KNEW someone would follow, possibly attack and this was meant merely to divert much needed Republic and Imperial resources to this area of space. Frowning again, Marstel knew it was possible, but he needed concrete evidence. No doubt the Zakuul had access to literally all of the Republic and Imperial data they would ever want, just in the conquest of the few planets they had taken so far. The Coalition had access to nothing.

Already completing his 11th scan of the perimeter, Marstel had managed to get a pretty good idea of the layout based on them. Mentally he filed it away, with various combat scenarios in case he had to make a break for it or he in fact just said, “Kriff it” and went on inside the compound. As he placed the holo-pad and scanner away inside the folds of the rather tight stealth suit, Marstel looked down to check the power supply; weapons were fully charged, but the suit was running low. Having been in place for nearly eight hours, it was turning into a sniper’s roost and Marstel felt like he was waiting on just the right target to pop up, like a sniper would, so he could take his ‘shot’ and be done with it. The rustle in the trees started again as he contemplated getting up and returning to his landing zone, if for nothing else to recharge his batteries. Not just his suit’s either. Staying in place for a moment, Marstel literally rolled out of the way a moment later as a massive burning tree on wheels came barreling his direction, headed for the perimeter. The Ewoks were back and they were incredibly pissed off.

Abrion Sector – Pzob

Rounding the corner, his Commandos in tow RT brought his weapon up and dropped the first Knight with a kill shot to its head. His team getting the second kill shot on the other Knight as the Zakuul began to react to the full on assault by the ‘Coalition’ Forces. Looking at the Staging Area, RT was again thanking his lucky stars, the Force and if he had a lucky Akk’s foot he would have rubbed that too. The Zakuul were in the process of establishing this base camp and had not yet set up a defensive perimeter. The ‘Coalition’ had the upper hand and the Zakuul were reacting to an attack while trying to establish a base at the same time. It was utter chaos for them. But, as RT stopped to report his progress to the Fleet Commander, a scream from the forward advance stopped him, making him look up quickly. A woman, moving through a hastily compiled line of Zakuul Knights was making an advance with that line forward. Coalition forces were now being slowed and some cases stopped as the Zakuul got their bearings under this woman’s command, their Force Pikes and reflective shields starting to come on line in a semblance of order behind her as the Knights and their regular forces started advancement.

Already moving, RT vaulted over a destroyed vehicle and a pre-fab retaining wall; his Commandos following closely as he silently pointed, waived his hand and sent them silent commands. The HUD lit up with red inside his visor, the Zakuul now zoning in and moving his direction. Things began moving fast again as RT adjusted quickly to the fluidity of the battlefield.

<”Concentrate all your fire on the Knights in front, they are Force users and there are less of them…heavy cannon to left and right…I’ve got the Leader…”>

RT hesitated as his visor oculus linked up with the holographic sight on his rifle. She was gorgeous, but in a dark sinister kind of way. It reminded him of…he quickly discounted that thought gritting his teeth as he pulled the trigger emptying half his power cell at her. She was leading the advance and had to die, it was War; despite his misgivings about killing women. It should have shocked him as much as it did his Commandos as the woman immediately looked directly at RT before he squeezed the trigger sending the first shot her way. With claw-like hands, the woman lifted a slab of pre-fabricated wall levitating it in front of her and blocking nearly every shot RT sent her way. One glancing bolt did graze her leg, but she didn’t seem to notice. Immediately she dropped the slab and smiled wickedly at RT and his commandos, raising an arm and pointing their direction for her advancing line to see. It was then RT saw the yellow light illuminate from her off-hand as she activated a saber. There was a third, not just the two ‘brothers’, but a third woman and she was incredibly pissed at having to draw her saber.

Endor – Zakuul Staging Area

The tree was as large as a Republic Main Battle Tank and nearly as tall as a Walker. How the Ewoks even managed to cut down a tree that size and construct some kind of rolling mechanism was lost on Marstel as the sheer heat of the passing Ewok vehicle seared off the right arm of Marstel’s stealth suit. Not wasting a moment at the opportunity, Marstel jumped up and followed the burning diversion into the camp as the klaxons sounded alarm at its passing. The Ewoks did react however to the sudden appearance of a ghostly white arm decorated with black striped tattoos appearing out of thin air and moving on its own toward the perimeter. There was a collective gasp among the creatures as some screamed, some ran and several others simply fainted from the appearance of Marstel’s arm. The arm already moving at a dead sprint and floating toward the perimeter as Marstel followed the massive log closely.

With a fist that literally crushed the side of a Zakuul Knight’s helmet, Marstel’s massive fist pulverized and sent flying a Knight who got in his way. Having sat for hours, Marstel had an idea where he was going and as he reached the pre-fab stairs into the building decorated with the satellite dish, he was not surprised to find no resistance. The tree having rolled over, crushed and set fire to over half of the pre-fabricated buildings in the camp. Marstel looked behind him briefly toward the woods and the direction the Ewoks retreated to, smiling to himself and thanking the little creatures mentally.

Gasping at the sight of a massive white arm appearing in the doorway, the Zakuul Commander drew his blaster only to have to slapped away by the other unseen arm of Marstel. There was little time to waste as Marstel sent the man flying through the air to smack the far wall with a sickening ‘pop’ and ‘slap’ of crunching flesh and bone. His stealth suit sizzled and finally gave out of power as his form shimmered into existence. Already he had the spike placed in the Holo-graphic console and was typing furiously on the screen to set the parameters of the slicer. Data started to stream as it downloaded into the slicing device and Marstel’s mouth dropped as one piece of information emblazoned itself in his mind. The realization of what it said was stunning, Marstel now knew what the Zakuul were after and where they were going. The quicker he got done and out of there the quicker he could warn the others.

Tantra Planetary Orbit – Zakuul Main Battle Fleet

“What….do you think you were doing, deviating from the plan? Your brother was told me everything Arcann….did you really think I wouldn’t find out?”

Arcann glanced over at his brother from the kneeling position they were in sneering slightly to himself as the Holo-image of the Zakuul Emperor paced back and forth. It had been less than a day since the two ‘brothers’ encountered Mrysti and Karolin on their ship and they retreated back to Tantra as the fleet re-enforced after the battle with Coalition Forces. Neither brother had spoken to one another since the return, both being summoned to the same room as their encounter with the Mirialan twins to receive the holo-transmission from their father. There was a pause as the holo-image glared at the ‘white’ prince who hesitatingly looked up about to speak. He was cut off by his father.

“It matters not. Now that your fleet has been re-enforced you will proceed to this planet ‘Belsavis’. DO as you are instructed, no deviations this time. Liberate the technology we require, eliminate the garrison there and free all of the Republic prisoners. The chaos of the escapes of these prisoners should allow for a rapid advancement.”

Without another word the Holo-image walked away the field derezzing leaving the two brothers alone. Arcann got up angrily and stalked away as the ‘dark’ prince watched him sadly.

“You wouldn’t have won, brother. That other one…she was too powerful. Unlike the dark one, she held sway over the power. She controlled it, IT didn’t control her. If only you would have listened and felt as I did you would have seen th—“

Angrily Arcann turned pointing at his brother.

“You underestimate me at every turn, brother! You have never trusted me, our whole lives you have bested me, coddled me and tried to protect me from what?!?! You?!?! Our Power?!?! I had a plan…I told you to stay out of it and it would have benefitted us both. I could have bent that other one and used her to get the other sister to do what I wanted!”

Shaking his head sadly, the ‘dark’ prince looked down. He knew, he could feel how wrong Arcann was, but there was no convincing him, there never had been. Two sides of the coin, one burns with anger the other flows like cool water; Arcann always burned with a desire for more. Still watching his brother for a response, Arcann continued to point as the ‘dark’ prince looked up at him.

“You will have your chance again, brother. Those two…we will see them again. I only hope you heed my advice and act cautiously next time…” As the ‘dark’ prince passed he laid a hand on his brother’s shoulder smiling at him, “…they will die for one another, as I would for you…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Pzob – Zakuul Staging Area

Soldiers who had either served with or who were in the Republic had already heard the rumors of the Super-Soldier project and Project Alpha. The secrecy of it having been leaked years ago after one of the major missions RT was on became public. Then like now, RT had shown his capability, though only his identity was the one that was compromised and the identities of his sisters and brothers remained safely intact. His current team, being a combined force of both Republic and Imperial Commandos; the Imperial side had yet to truly understand or comprehend what it was that made RT-946 unique and in fact: A Super-Commando. As the forward line of Zakuul troops and Knights advanced, RT keeping his eyes locked on the female leader, who merely sneered his direction as her troops passed her; all of RT’s commandos were about to find out. Glancing behind him, RT spoke into his helmet comm; fast and extremely direct.

“Bravo and Charlie teams stay behind me…I will clear a path, once we reach the inside line…unleash the Void on them….”, a voice echoed back to RT in his helmet before he pushed out from behind the pre-fab wall he crouched behind. It had an Imperial hint to it and made RT smile at the question. He didn’t have to answer as one of his own Commandos answered for him.

<“Excuse me, Sir? But how will we know when to unleash hell?!?!”>

<”Trust him, you’ll know…”>

Launching up and over the wall with a roar that called the others to arms, RT led with his rifle emptying the power cells and reloading with blinding speed before reaching close-combat distance with the Zakuul who did not fall to the bolts. Though the Knights had the Force, they could not possibly predict the speed at which a genetically enhanced Soldier operated. His mind worked tactically, like a chess game thinking not only 3 moves ahead, but 8 or even 11 moves. RT knew what his final destination was through the line and already planned the moves and counter moves on how to get there, his mind working in three dimensions. Hitting the first Knight with the butt of his rifle it shattered against the enemy soldier’s armored face and caused him to release the Force Spear he was holding.

Picking up the spear as it fell, RT spun it once jumped and kicked the next warrior in the chest as he brought the spear down in the opposite direction to impale another and using the force of the blow to propel him further into the line. Landing he rolled into one of the shields the Knights used that reflected blaster bolts and came up from his roll with it in front of him as the bolts already headed his way splashed off of it. RT slung the shield through the rank and file and as it sailed he followed behind it catching it long enough to look back. His Commandos were hot on his heels, unleashing the carnage he ordered them to, but he was not yet at his objective. As RT looked up, the wicked sneer of the sinister looking woman holding the yellow blade looked back at him. He ducked and weaved a Knight’s attack, spinning and bringing the shield he was holding across his body to slash the Knight horizontally beginning his run again.

Leaping into the air, he found himself held as he brought the shield up and was about to bring it down on the raven haired vixen. She held her hand out casually, her grasp on RT in the Force keeping him at bay. As she tossed him RT sailed through the air, but angled his body to springboard back as his feet made contact with the wall, the shield in front of him. That surprised her, she detected no use of the Force in this Soldier, just a strong sense of resolute confidence in his ability to get to her. It caused Vaylyn to back up as she dropped off the hunk of Dura-crete she was standing on. Landing in her spot RT looked down at her from beneath his helmeted gaze; raising his finger.

“Call off your forces. No one else has to die here today…”, RT’s words made her smile in a sinister way as she slowly backed up raising her hand slightly.

“How very noble of you Soldier. ‘No one else has to die’….you know that thought never crossed my mind, at least concerning YOU…”

The thoughts of eight or nine moves ahead reduced to one as Vaylyn once again tried to grab RT in the Force, the speed at which he flipped off the slab and in behind her caused Vaylyn to look around for a moment. RT quickly grabbed her by the arm and twisted it behind her bringing his helmet to her ear.

“I said, Call them off!!!”

Then she sensed it, his hesitation. It dawned on Vaylyn as she replayed the motions of the Super-soldier in her mind; all of the carnage all of the killing to get to her and yet he could not kill or harm her. Even as he held her at bay with a painful twist of an arm-bar behind her back, RT hesitated. This Soldier had a streak of honor, he was remorseful for every death he caused and his misplaced sense of honor would not let him harm a woman. But, Vaylyn was not a typical woman. She twisted out of the hold and sent RT flying again with thrust of the Force from her outstretched palm, then looked at her lightsaber. Why had she not used it? Perhaps it was just to see how far the ‘Soldier’ would actually get. Quickly and with a burst of speed she put some distance between her and RT, the battle all but over as the remaining Knights and regular Zakuul forces started following her out.

Standing up, RT watched her go, dusting himself off. She was amazing and at any moment could probably have killed him, but didn’t. Why, RT had no idea. As the dust from the retreating line settled his helmet buzzed with the message.

<”Zakuul Forces in full retreat….Major, link up with our Intelligence assets at the Zakuul Command Structure…they have something you have to see….”>

Endor – Zakuul Staging Area – Command Complex

Willing the slicing spike to hurry up, Marstel watched the percentages as they counted down, loading into the mechanism. He heard the footsteps enter behind him and was already raising his hands to buy some time as the spike finished its work.

“Hold it right there, Outlander…”

‘Outlander’, that was new. As Marstel raised his hands continually in a sign of surrender turning slowly to face the voices. It was two Knights, both covered in their blackened armor from fighting the fires caused by the Ewoks. Smiling wryly, Marstel locked eyes with them both as he looked between the two, the blue glow coming from their visors making them indistinguishable from one another.

“Now, lets not be too hasty fellas. I was looking for the ‘fresher’ and stumbled in here…this place is so confusing….”

The two Knights looked at one another in confusion, but that was all Marstel needed as he charged forward, one hand flipping the table out of the way and against the wall, his other already wrapped around the throat of one of the Knights. It lacked finesse, Marstel could be a blunt instrument when he needed to be, but the situation called for it as he only needed a few more seconds to get the spike and be on his way. Tossing the Knight against the wall, Marstel spun in the throw picking up the next Knight on the way past and launching him the opposite direction. He breathed heavily controlling his anger, it had been a long day. Reaching back he snatched the spike out of the Holo-graphic interface and made his way out of the complex.

Outside the majority of the Zakull were still fighting the fire that now raged over 80% for the camp. The Ewoks having more than avenged the death of their little friend. Voices yelled and screamed his direction as Marstel looked around quickly and jumped on a waiting speeder bike. Removing an ignition spike from his satchel he rammed it into the control panel hoping it would just start. Relieved when it did, Marstel sped out of the camp to the sound of screams and blaster fire following him, destination: His ship and a communication console. Mrysti had to have this information as soon as possible.

Kuat Drive Yards – Republic Flagship ‘Honor’ – Officer’s Conference Room

Standing in quiet contemplation, Mrysti watched the Imperial fleet and Darth Marr depart the Yards. She stood with her hands folded behind her back, one hand holding the wrist of the other as she considered her next move. Marr had given her the re-enforcement she needed, but as RT warned her, that Jace had warned him, the main concern for the Imperials were their own assets. As she tried to explain to Darth Marr, there was no longer a concern for things labeled ‘Republic’ or ‘Imperial’. But, as she was warned, he didn’t care. Leaving, he instructed his fleets as well as fleets across the galaxy to retreat back to their primary holdings and Core Worlds, much as the Republic had done. Marr did make a solemn vow, should Mrysti need re-enforcements all she would need to do was ask. As she grimaced thinking about those last ghastly spoken words from him, she knew it would please him to no end to have her bow before the Dark Council as she had done on previous occasions just to ask.

The door behind her slid open, without turning around she felt the Light of her sister Karolin enter the room and move across to stand next to her. Mrysti smiled to herself and looked out of the corner of her eye.

“Making yourself at home…or perhaps you should be asking me that? This ship is not so unlike the one you were in Command of at one time, is it?” Mrysti continued her smile as she spoke looking out into the blackness of space and the activity of the Drive Yards. Karolin was nearly two heads shorter than her sister and shrugged in her own way as she looked up at Mrysti.

“This is a Battleship…my ship was a Fleet Carrier, 'The North Star', if you recall…and NO, I am not making myself at home. I find myself anxious....” Mrysti looked down at her sister as she spoke with a hint of concern as Karolin continued, “Both of our brothers are out there…we need to be doing something, not waiting for them to call us.”

“Where is that Jedi Calm you are so famous for? You are starting to sound like me.”

Karolin crossed her arms, when it came to affairs of the family she was anything but calm. Karolin couldn’t figure out why Mrysti seemed to be satisfied with waiting, though in reality Darth Marr did literally JUST leave and no doubt Mrysti was contemplating how to use the additional forces. As the interior Comm chimed to alert them both of a ship to ship message, Karolin noticed Mrysti getting a little greener with embarrassment at the voice which spoke to them. Detecting a hint of deception in her sister, Karolin filed it away to talk with Mrysti about later.

“Darth Retuvisa…Commander Kell, we are receiving a message…from Endor. It’s Marstel and he is transmitting on an encrypted frequency, should I pipe it to the Conference Room?”

Mrysti looked at Karolin before answering, the smug smile on her face making Mrysti shrug slightly as she mouthed without speaking the word, ‘What?’. Karolin shamefully ran one finger over another in a ‘tsk tsk’ motion as she continued the wicked smile. ‘How the hell did Karolin know?’, Mrysti thought as she finally answered the Commander.

“Uh…yes, of course Commander. And you had better join us down here in that case and find the wandering sage or anyone else in a Command position to hear this. I have a feeling Marstel has found something.”

As the Commander disconnected, Mrysti turned on her sister, “What?!?! What? Why are you making shameful finger gestures at me?!?”

Karolin started to speak as the door slid open and she laid hand on her sister’s arm, “I will talk to you about it later….but I know you totally kriffed that guy. Don’t worry, I’m not jealous…I remember him from Coruscant. That night, in the bistro??” returning the smile wryly, Mrysti thought back again. She found herself reliving the past a lot as of late. Things were so simpler when all she had to do was drink or dance to forget her troubles. Would there be any of that later on or a galaxy to dance in? Making her own solemn vow, she swore that the first thing she would do when this was truly over WAS dance. It brought he comfort and was a much better way to relieve the stress of life than clobbering someone. Plus, it often led to other activities, activities that Mrysti was not at all opposed to.

Mrysti waved Karolin off as the others started to collect in the room all exchanging glances with one another. Marstel’s huge blue image rezzed onto the holo-plate surrounded by the massive distortion of both a Zakuul fleet and the heavy encryption he cloaked his transmission in.

<”I don’t have a lot of time….so listen up. I am transmitting all of the information I downloaded off of the Zakuul database, it’s a lot so we can analyze it later.”>, There was a delay in the source transmission as Marstel started to speak before his image actually looked down at his sister, <“Mrysti, you need to get the fleet moving immediately….head to Belsavis. And be ready for a fight.”> The image abruptly terminated as the holo-computer chimed that it had received all of Marstel’s information.

Looking up at the others in the room there was no longer a need for contemplation as Mrysti placed both hands on the table, “To Belsavis then…", she looked over at Kell, "Commander the fleet is yours. Get me to Belsavis and begin analyzing the information immediately. I need to know what I am up against and why we are going there.”

As the others left the room, Karolin seemed to be standing with her eyes half-closed and feeling through the Force, searching for something. Watching her sister, but not interrupting, Mrysti moved to the other side of the room and started looking through some of the data. Karolin's eyes snapped open as she gasped and held the center of her chest a second, seeming to need a moment of air.

"The 'brothers' are headed there....no doubt will be alerted to our presence as soon as we arrive...." Karolin gave Mrysti a stern look, "They are after a Forge...a Rakata Holocron Forge...Mrysti, I don't have to tell you any Rakata technology in the hands of someone not trained in it's use...we have to move quickly." Karolin started to leave as Mrysti called out to her only to hear Karolin say and give her a dismissive way much like the one she was given a moment before, "I must meditate on it's location...we don't have time to play 'hide and seek' with this..."

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

‘Sanctuary Pipeline’ Hyperlane – Enroute to Coruscant

With the green of Endor reflecting off the hull of his ship as he rocketed away from the surface, Marstel reached down switching off his Comm system. The sound of the computerized voice of his Holo-system continued to drone on as it read off the data he collected from the Zakuul compound. With his genetic programming activated, Marstel had already memorized the highlights. It was bad, very bad; it was the reason he switched off his Comm system not even bothering to contact the fleet he arrived in system with to tell them he was coming back. Because, he wasn’t. Marstel was about to go 'dark' again, dropping off the grid and making his movements untraceable. One of the bits of information he took off the Zakuul system being the reason for the sudden need to disappear off grid.

Unknown to Mrysti and anyone else associated with Project Alpha even before the invasion someone in the ‘Eternal Empire’, as Marstel now knew that’s what they called themselves, sliced her system. Not only did they get all of her personal files, but they got most of the information on Project Alpha. More importantly, the Zakuul now knew everything they needed to know about all of the heroes in the galaxy; Imperial, Republic and Non-aligned. They knew all of the weaknesses of both factions and Marstel knew what their ultimate goal was. This Empire was preparing for this invasion for years, the information they stole being the catalyst that spurred them into action. It seems the long lost missing Imperial Emperor and his ‘absorbtion’ of Ziost forced their hand. In the Zakuul’s eyes, the galaxy Marstel lived in was an unjust, unruly galaxy that need to be purged by their own brand of misguided justice. They were here to establish order, an order they saw fit and intended to do it by any means necessary.

As the computerized voice droned on, Marstel adjusted course and started for Coruscant. There was some ‘cinching’ down of loose ends he had to do, now that he knew the Zakuul’s entire plan. For Marstel it was no longer about defending or preventing; the matter now came to surviving. There was simply no way to beat them. Knowing he would never convince the others of that, he did what his programmed mind instructed was the best course: Head to Coruscant, eliminate the remainder of the Project Alpha data and any individuals with knowledge of him or any of the other Alphas. It was to protect the others as well as destroy any attempt by the Zakuul to recover the data on their project. Besides being protocol, it was also necessary for all of their survival. It was morbid duty, but something that had to be done. Regardless if they realized it or not, this war was already over.

Planetary Orbit – Pzob – Primary ‘Coalition’ Fleet

“He said what?!?!”

RT glared at Mrysti’s image in the Holo-field as she stared back at him.

“He said Belsavis….then he went dark. I can’t even track him now RT, I have no idea what he’s up to.”

Considering the words, RT was looking away at his own data he collected on the surface of Pzob after the Zakuul defeat there. It was a lot to go over, most of it matching the data that Mrysti already transferred to him and none of it encouraging. At nearly the same time Marstel sliced the Zakuul terminal on Endor, RT was learning pretty much the same things. Both Zakuul fleets, the one on Pzob and the one in the Moddell Sector were diversions for a bigger operation. And now that both had been stopped or pushed back, the real armada was advancing on Belsavis. They knew how many Zakuul there were and what their plans were, but their defeat on both planets may have shifted their plans. The only thing all of them could be sure of was the next location was going to be Belsavis. RT was considering this as Mrysti waited for a response concerning Marstel. But, RT had no good answers. As he looked up at Mrysti, he considered telling her about the ‘third’ force using sibling he encountered on Pzob, but at the moment it was only a variable and had nothing to do with their objectives.

“Mrysti, if he’s gone ‘off-grid’ he must have a reason why. And we don’t have time to ponder that now. We all have a War to win and an enemy to fight back to their own space…I will see you on Belsavis…”

As RT cut the transmission, he sat down, his bones ached from battle as well as the soreness that plagued him. Though he was a Super-commando, RT was an 'aged' Super-commando. Things he could have simply walked through as a younger man plagued him when the chemicals in his body came to rest. Knowing the full plan, RT was convinced they could still win. Especially after the victories at Pzob and Xal 3. If they could stop the diversion as they had already done and move all of their forces to Belsavis for a final confrontation, then that could be it. As he laid his head back on the pillow looking at the ceiling he considered that fact as well as his missing brother. Marstel must be convinced otherwise, there was no other reason for him to drop off of the grid. Some of the data was still being analyzed, but the majority of it said one thing to RT, ‘Stop them on Belsavis or you fight a war for survival on Korriban and Coruscant.’ The Core Worlds of both the Republic and the Empire were the Zakuul final objective.

Watching the hyperspace field start to flicker into stars and spin in the swirl that would drive you insane should you stare into it too long; RT kept his eye on that madness until the ship automatically lowered the tint of the glass. The field still spun in his mind, that madness. This was only going to end badly, but no matter what he had to see it through.

Tantra – Defense Grid Complex

“Help!!! Help me?!?! I seem to have…gotten myself stuck here—“

V’ictoria heard the approaching feet. As the door opened, she kicked up knocking the first guard unconscious, thankful the first guard wasn’t one of those ‘Knights’ as they called them. The Force using individuals with the lightsaber like spears they carried around. V’ictoria had a little experience with Force users; on both sides of the conflict. Though her first experiences were with Karolin as she fell from the Light of the Force. Developing a distain for the Force, V’ictoria knew the Jedi and Sith swore by it. From a purely scientific point of view she saw first hand what it did to those who used it unwisely; what the Force did to Karolin and how it ravaged her body as well as her mind as the Dark of the mystical power corrupted her person. Right then and throughout the rest of their time together, V’ictoria focused her research on trying to find a way to rid whomever wanted it, a way to ‘kill off’ the Midichlorians inside of them. No one should have to suffer as Karolin did.

The second guard spun V’ictoria’s direction, the Alpha protocols flowing through her system already had her lightning quick reflexes spinning as she ducked under the swipe to come up behind the swinging guard. V’ictoria switched legs kicking out with the other, her angle enough to provide the leverage and equalize the force of the strike to send the second guard plummeting face first into the wall opposite the door. As he fell V’ictoria was already on top of him, his head in both of her hands as she twisted to the sickening crack of a broken neck that ended the guard's life. There was no thought under the influence of the Alpha Protocol, no emotion; just action as V’ictoria got up grabbing the pistol off the first guard's belt as she passed him without missing a step. Leaning against the wall she listened to the sounds on the other side, looking down at her Chrono quickly.

’10:32’, she thought. In the time it took her to be transported from the surface to this location they passed the Control Center and the most likely place to house a Holo-communications system. Her mind calculated and recollected the time and steps bringing her to where she stood in reverse order, knowing now she had at least a 5 minute time frame to get there, use the Holo-comm and head for the outside exit before the alarm was raised. Being blindfolded as she was brought in, time and sound were her only system of measurement. Checking the power cell in the pistol as the steps on the other side of the wall approached she darted out from the corner already firing the moment the barrel came around the corner.

The guards did not react fast enough to her darting around the corner and before their bodies even hit the floor, V’ictoria dropped her smoking blaster and took the two off the belts of the still falling guards. Her mind adjusted to the shifting plan already roaming her intellectual brain as a guard grabbed her from the other corner pulling her toward him. Spinning completely in a circle she struck him with the flat part of her foot to put some distance between him and her as she let loose two bolts into him from her 'acquired' blasters, one in the head the other in where she estimated his heart would be for a humanoid. Without looking she thrust her arm out to the side firing the blaster, dropping another approaching guard from the gangway coming up a ladder. Adjusting her approach she decided to go the direction the guard who grabbed her had approached from, the sounds of more footsteps now in a running rhythm coming from the other direction.

As she moved, she glanced at the Chrono again and counted her steps again the only way of measuring her distance when matched up with the time.

’10:37…time decrease by 2 minutes, South by Southwest….’

It wasn't an exact science, something V'ictoria hated to hear or even say. 'Anything was possible through Science and Technology....', she used to tell the Graduate students. Now, much ot her distain and disappointment, she was a living testament to that fact. It was a bit of irony in her life, as disgusting as she thought she was not. 'Science and Technology' saved her life after the Corporation and the Republic tried to have her eliminated due to her research and it was the advancements of in Science and Technology of Project Alpha that saved her life and made her a leathal weapon. It enhanced your already natural attributes. She grimaced as she pushed open the control door slowly and fired in the direction she heard the movement, the sound of two bodies hitting the deck garting greeted her as she strode in purposefully.

Republic Flagship ‘Honor’ – Corellian Trade Spine Hyperlane

Only halfway through the hyperlane, Commander Kell was the first to receive the reports from Belsavis. The Zakuul were already laying waste to the Republic Garrison there. Republic re-enforcements were on the way, but the ‘Coalition’ and his fleet would be the first to arrive. As he was looking over the report beginning the process of summarizing what he needed to in order to pass it forward to the other Coalition leaders, the Communications Officer was the first to interrupt him with V’ictoria’s burst transmission.

Both sisters in a deep discussion about their strategy below decks had the transmission piped to the storage area they were in; Karolin happened to go there to find a more quiet place to meditate and the Ordnance Locker seemed appropriate. It was a habit she picked up during her time as a Fleet Commander at the beginning of the Great Galactic War; it seemed now was as good a time as any to bring it back. Both sisters stood shoulder to shoulder as V’ictoria’s image zoomed into the room via a hidden holo panel in the ceiling. Karolin glanced at Mrysti as V’ictoria started to speak, the woman in the Holo-image clearly under the influence of the Alpha protocols. They frowned at V’ictoria’s image.

<”Greetings to you both…as I have little time for pleasantries and I must be brief I shall. I am currently located on Tantra; Main Defense Grid at approximate grid 09-08-73-2210. I realize I am giving you a ten digit grid forgive me, I may be off by several inches. I have need of retrieval. If you find yourself in my vicinity, I would appreciate relocation off this planet…”> V’ictoria glanced at her Chrono in the image bringing up the blaster without looking behind her and firing two shots, <”…I am afraid I am out of time. Hopefully this finds you both well….>

Not even allowing Karolin or Mrysti to respond the transmission terminated as both sisters looked at one another. Lowering her head, Karolin shook it slightly.

“I will go. V’ictoria is my responsibility, I owe it to her to go and get her after all she has done for all of us. It’s the least we can do…”

Mrysti was already shaking her head violently before Karolin even finished.

“Uh…no! No way, we go together or not at all….I am not—“

Smiling kindly, Karolin placed her hand on her sister’s shoulder.

“You have a Command Mrysti, these people depend on you…you have to lead this fight. I will be back, I promise…besides, I am not leaving until we get to Belsavis and out of hyperspace. At least by that time you and I can talk about the location of the Rakata Forge…” She tightened her grip on Mrysti’s shoulder, “You can do this. You have to do this…”

Korriban – Orbital Space Station

Laughing beside himself Beta smiled at the ‘Lord’ who presented herself as it could only be one person. Having heard the description via a ‘third person’ namely his cousin Porchia, Beta knew the Magenta haired, violet eyed and dark skinned beauty could only be Marstel’s Mai. Beta tried hard to contain the excitement of how mysterious the Force worked that it would lead him to this point and his reason for coming to Korriban. For as Mai watched the two Imperial Soldiers walk off after excusing themselves, the buzz in his mind subsided; for the moment. Bowing low and in a most regal fashion, he continued his smile; Beta’s lekku flopping over his shoulder as he did so.

“My Lord…I hope I got that right, my Mother told me it was the proper way to greet a Sith Lord. I must confess, she has not always been the greatest teacher.”

As he stood straight from his bow, the smile still completely infectious and perhaps a little flirty, though it was not intentional, Beta waited for the response. He was indeed enamored by Mai just standing next to her and understood immediately what his Uncle must see in the small Sith. Though not readily apparent to most, Beta could see the part of her that was half-pureblood. The way she carried herself was all Sith, as in all things they carried themselves with an outward confidence not common in most Jedi. Though Beta was an exception, his natural charm exuding in the presence of almost everyone. Even in combat, that charm never ceased it merely shifted forms. Without waiting for her to respond he answered the question she almost seemed to be asking with her questioning glances as he too watched the Soldiers depart.

“Yes…the last name, though it is not uncommon your perception is correct. I am Beta Alpha, My Mother is Karolin Alpha….” He started to smile broader not able to contain himself, “…and if I am not mistaken you are dating my Uncle…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

I’ve killed people….
i don’t even know how many by now….
but I know why their all dead…
their dead so my family…
all those people out there can be alive…
SO I can be alive for them….

- Rick Grimes, speaking to the leader of Alexandria…

Coruscant – Project Alpha Control Facility, Financial Sector, Galactic City

It was the third and final stop of Marstel’s last visit to the Alpha Control facilities in Galactic City, the other two already having been shut down by him. By now the secret program had already informed the last facility of his arrival and as he approached the outside door which looked like the Bank it was supposed to be, he could see the facility empty. The Bank was closing early today. He stopped on the sidewalk and looked down. This wasn’t easy for him, these were people that had looked out for him and his family for years as the Project went through its ebb and flow within the politics of the Republic. These facilities were the constant, it was like a best friend you could call when you needed something and Marstel did. On the occasions he went ‘dark’ or needed support on an authorized or unauthorized mission, they were there. He grimaced, slowly reaching up into his ear and pulling out the earbud that was his line to them. Whenever he activated his programming the earbud went in, now it made no difference. What he did was to give all of them a fighting chance at a life after all this was over.

As Marstel approached the door opening it and already rolling out of the way from the barrage of blaster fire that greeted him, he couldn’t kid himself. Usually he would tell himself on any mission it was business and never personal; this was entirely personal. As the persons firing at him reloaded quickly, Marstel rolled out from behind the small teller counter he dove behind landing on his side as he fired killing all five of the firers. For once Marstel was grateful for the purity of his programming, there was no emotion as much as he wanted to feel something at that moment. It was almost like walking in a dream for him, for never in a million years would Marstel have ever guessed that things would come to this. Picking himself off the ground he casually held the blasters out to his side firing into the bank consoles and Holo-machines that dotted the walls as he walked slowly to the vault, destroying everything.

There was no way Mrysti and the others would ever believe him about this, but he knew. This was over, the Republic was over, everything was. Knowing what he knew now it was everything he could do just to continue going along with it all. Pressing the access code hidden in one of the deposit boxes, he ripped the panel from the wall stepping on it as it toned green. Everything had to go, everything was going to go. This was Marstel’s Zakuul invasion, his conquest of the galaxy. Stepping through the vault he quickly jumped back as the blaster fire squealed and burnt past him splashing off the adjacent wall. Counting to himself he waited till he heard the ‘tink-tink’ of a concussion grenade hit next to the vault door and stepped out picking it up casually and firing at the same time, the direction it came from. At the last moment, he tossed it back toward the armored guards who threw it, smiling sadly at them. They had no idea why he was doing it, he terminated them because he had too and those poor souls were just doing their jobs. Everything had to go.

Ducking into a doorway Marstel spun against a wall long enough to let the grenade explode. Reloading his blasters and stepping back out Marstel continued his mission.

The world was cruel place sometimes to people just doing their jobs, people who intentions were good, but just ended up on the wrong side of things. Marstel had firsthand experience with that, it weighed on him heavily at times. The Anchor of the Family, it was Marstel’s burden too often to right the wrongs of others, to close down or end something someone else started. It had to be that way most of the time. Marstel was the only one with the control and the foresight to do what was necessary. Many times Marstel shouldered the burden he didn’t have to simply because he wanted to see it thorough. Whatever problem arose, Marstel wanted to make sure it didn’t threaten the others. They were all like that, in their own way. RT had his Honor and Values, Mrysti had her pure intentions…Karolin with her foresight to determine things…even Hamner to some extent shared a common bond with RT and his twisted sense of honor.

But in their blindness, it was only Marstel who saw the ugliness and in this the end of all things. Marstel’s curse was the ability to do what needed to be done, to say what needed to be said no matter how badly that truth hurt. It was the curse of being the Anchor and also of everyone always knowing they could count on him to do it no matter the reasoning. Raising both arms out to his side as Marstel got to the hallway intersection he fired as he rounded the corner, knowing who would be there and where. Though he had never been in the facility, he knew its layout. They all did, in the eventuality that something like he was doing right now ever had to be done. It was the reason there was no alarm, they knew he was trying to end the program, they just didn’t know why.

As the bodies of the guards on both sides dropped and a series of other guards came rushing at him from one of the directions, Marstel dropped the blasters hitting the first guard so hard he heard his armor crack. There was no rage or furious scream from the seven foot tall Ratataki as he made his way through the guards, picking up the next and using his body as a shield to the stun batons and blasters of the others. There was just a sad efficiency. If he could have told each one of them sorry with every pull of the trigger or every crunch of a bone, Marstel would have. A blaster bolt made it past his already dead human shield striking and burning part of his shoulder off. The protocols in Marstel’s genetic make-up already shifting endorphins and adrenals to the site as Marstel hurled the dead body that was his shield at the shooter. He stepped up and over the furniture barricade grabbing the man who shot him and cracking his neck like a twig with a twist of his massive wrist, uttering his victim as he passed.

“I’m sorry….”

The scientist and technicians were already on their feet when the bruised and battered Marstel entered the room, the technicians drawing their weapons. They weren’t professional Soldiers and hesitated. Knowing what he had to do, Marstel grabbed the first man and hurled him at the others as the blasters erupted. The grenade belt he drug in his other hand had already been activated as the body hit all of the control operators. Turning to exit, Marstel casually tossed the belt in the room with all of them. The Detonite in all of the grenades more than enough to end Control. As the heavy door shut to the echo and vibration of the explosion behind him, Marstel put his head down and walked through the steam and smoke that was the last of the Alpha Project. It was over, they were over. Marstel’s invasion had come to an end and sadly he claimed victory.

Belsavis Orbit – ‘Coalition’ Fleet Engagement

Karolin let out a joyful ‘whoop’ and hollered into her headset as she rocketed past her sister in her fighter, it was a tiny scout class and matched her physical size; needless to say Karolin felt entirely comfortable in it. Though Karolin’s affinity was more for ‘living’ things and not machinery, both Karolin and Mrysti were switching roles. Recently Mrysti had found she had an affinity for ‘living’ things as well and grumbled into her own headset as she rocketed to catch up with her sister after annoyingly listening to her scream into the headset.

<“I feel like I am going to break this thing….”>

<”Just stay close to me, Mrysti…I will watch your flank…”>, Karolin giggled into the headset.

<”Oh? That sounds like a challenge…you wanting to put your credits where that mouth is…’Jedi’…”>

Though Mrysti said the word ‘Jedi’ in jest, the challenge was entirely legitimate. The sister’s spent a lot of their lives in competition with one another. Mrysti’s affinity WAS machinery and never before had Karolin ever bested her in a competition involving some type of vehicle, be it racing a speeder or starfighter combat; on the rare occasion that they measured their skill against one another. As Karolin did another barrel roll in her fighter she twisted her wings back and forth in response to the challenge.

<”Oh…challenge accepted…’little’ sister…and this time, it’s first one to rack up 20…”>

Putting a number of 20 enemy kills between them up as the measure for success it detracted from the fact that both of them could most likely be killed by the sheer number of Zakuul enemy fighters headed their way. Neither Mrysti or Karolin had to worry about leading a squadron in this case so they could focus on their objectives. It was a relief for once, this was Commander Kell’s battle. He was going to get them to the surface, all Karolin and Mrysti had to do was worry about getting themselves through this blockade. Mrysti and Karolin both heard the Squadron Commander’s voice echo to his fighters as the Zakuul now took up a distant formation and headed toward them.

<”Heads up…they are heavier than our fighters, but there is a lot of them…call out your targets and stay with your wingman, we can’t afford losses on this one…”>

Smiling to herself, Mrysti switched to her sister’s channel for personal communication; Karolin still playing with the controls and barrel rolling as they approached the fighters.

<”Void…this is fun. I should have been a pilot…”>

<”Karolin. About Commander Kell…”>

Karolin laughed in response as the red started appearing on both their forward scanners, <”I told you. I don’t care….that man had his eye on you since Coruscant, I was just shocked at how the Force set this up …that was like, what??? 2 years ago??? And you still ended up sleeping with him??!!?...Heads up, let’s go…first one to 20 wins…”>

There was a rush of sound in both of their cockpits as the two sisters in their small fighters rocketed through the Zakuul formation. Mrysti grimaced verbally, Karolin already letting herself go in the Force as it guided her hand and her trigger finger on the throttle letting loose a barrage of blaster fire from her vessel. Mrysti was already behind as she finally let herself go and steeped herself in the Dark Side to allow the Force to guide her as well, letting her own blasters fire. It was Karolin’s voice that broke the momentary concentration of both women, both emerging on the backside of the formation relatively unscathed.

<”1…2,3…4….annnnnnnd 5….I’m two ahead, Mrysti….better catch up…”>

Zakuul Main Battleship – Command Deck – Forward Observation Lounge

Watching the flashes of the battle unfold outside their ship, the ‘Dark’ prince could feel the two Mirialan twins out there in space somewhere, fighting his forces. His first inclination was to tell his brother, but he knew that would lead to his rushing down to the hangar to get in a fighter and go out to join the battle in order to engage the both of them. It would draw him in as well as he would have to go with Arcann and watch his back. Together, those two Mirialan twins were unstoppable. Like him and his brother they represented two parts of a whole being, one was only as good as the other as long as both were present. It was going to end in a stalemate every time.

The ‘dark’ prince thought a lot about the smaller of the two twins since their encounter. Her purity of Force, her resolve and the calm she exuded in the face of both himself and Arcann. He was enamored with Karolin in an almost obsessive way. And it wasn’t just her devastating good looks. The only other Force using female he had serious contact with was his own sister, Vaylyn and Karolin was nothing like her. There was a seasoned confidence in the smaller Mirialan that just captured him. Though the ‘Dark’ prince was not looking forward to their next encounter, he was at the same time excited by the prospect of it. Telling himself it was inevitable and necessary, the ‘Dark’ prince started doubting his resolve if it came to killing her. What would he do if it came to that? There was an elusive sense in the Force that his Father had other plans when it came to this galaxies heroes and he wondered if that included the two Mirialan twins. And though that plan was yet to be revealed, he hoped it did not include Karolin’s termination. Swallowing hard, he could only hope.

A voice from the doorway caused him to turn slightly as a Commander from the Bridge bowed seeing the ‘Dark’ prince turn, “Forgive the interruption your Excellency, but the ‘Coalition’ Force is breaking the picket…they are starting their landing and deploying troops in the area you predicted…”

“Very well, bring the Battleship across the Terminator of this planet and begin our own landing. Re-enforce the ground force already on the surface…I would like to set down where the ‘Coalition’ is landing….there is someone I would like to see….”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Belsavis – Planetary Orbit – Fleet Action

“Woo-Hoo!!!” Karolin spun through the explosive cloud of the 20th and final fighter veering her small fighter upward and away from Belsavis, “That’s 20 sweetie!!!”, her exclamation was met by silence on the other end of their personal channel. Mrysti brought her fighter up alongside her sister and shook her head as Karolin merely giggled moving the wings of her fighter backwards and forwards, “Hey…we can’t ALL be winners. Some of us have to be Losers…otherwise, what’s the point…” Karolin knew the razzing was getting to Mrysti, but she did so love to beat her sister at anything, which was rare. But, in reality Karolin was literally the only women Mrysti ever compared herself to, it was out of admiration more than anything.

“Yea, keep running your mouth…my fighter’s weapons are nearly recharged you know….”, Mrysti was joking of course, the two of them exchanging smiles through space as Karolin’s face took on a more serious pallor.

“Hey, I showed you were you need to go…I am taking off. With all this commotion I doubt the Zakuul will see me Hyper out of here for Tantra…”

Mrysti still didn’t like it, but it was useless to argue. Karolin had made up her mind and there would be no changing it. Bewteen the two of them, Karolin’s tenacity and stubbornness was legendary. Karolin watched Mrysti’s mouth move, her voice coming through her headset a second later.

“Don’t be a hero, ‘Jedi’….just get our cousin and get back here. In all likelihood we will still be engaged in battle for this planet. I don’t see the Zakuul giving up a critical part of their plan so easily.” Mrysti looked down at her controls, “Be careful…that’s all….”

In the Force, Karolin could sense that she was not the only one that was destined to have a run in with one of the princely twins. Karolin twisted her ship around heading back to the battleship as Mrysti rocketed toward Belsavis. Purposefully, Karolin didn’t tell her sister about her vision of the ‘Dark’ prince, she wasn’t even sure if she really interpreted it correctly. There was a feeling of just sitting on the edge of a cliff, trying to convince herself to jump. There was a precipice the two of them had crossed concerning the two of those twins, if it wasn’t Galactic War, Karolin would have laughed at the irony of it all. Two sets of twins, locked on a course that took them all the same direction and ending up being together. Only the ‘together’ this time would likely kill them all.

Zakuul Main Battleship – Observation Level

The Dark Prince looked up as if someone had tapped him on the shoulder, only his brother was standing across the room; a wicked sneer on his face as he watched the battle for Belsavis space unfold. Karolin was leaving the system and she was leaving alone. Without saying anything, the Dark Prince walked past his brother heading out of the room quickly. Turning and giving him a questioning look, Arcann stopped the Darker Prince.

“Where are you going, brother? We have already started the third landing…we have an artifact to aquire?!?”

Not skipping a beat, the Dark Prince turned and looked directly at his brother. He didn’t tell him the whole truth, but enough of it as to not be discovered or sensed as deceptive in the Force. There was no way the Dark Prince was telling his brother he was going to Tantra to chase one of the sisters. The worst that could happen is Arcann wanting to come along or even worse try to prevent him from going. No one was more dedicated to fulfilling their father’s dreams and his mission of acquiring the Belsavis artifact was part of that quest. Arcann was never as sold on things as he was and yet it was the Dark Prince who was leaving his brother to fulfill their mission.

“There is a disturbance on Tantra, I assume the ‘Coalition’ is headed back there for some purpose. More than likely to take advantage of our being here. Perhaps there is something more important about that planet than we realized…”

Arcann watched him a moment, almost a moment too long before he turned back to look at the battle.

“Don’t be too long. I know how badly you wish to lick the boots of our Father. You would hate to have ME report that I acquired the artifact without you.”

Smirking, the Dark Prince made sure he was out of the doorway and down the hall before he took off at a run, heading toward the hangar bay. There was a strange excitement in following Karolin. Her image plagued his dreams in more than one way and it was a meeting he was almost destined for. All of their paths seemed to be colliding for some odd reason.

Korriban – Orbital Space Station

Beta laughed at the Sith Lord’s offer. She was cute in an almost ‘cuddly’ kind of way. The fact that she would place herself in danger to ensure his safe passage was admirable. Bowing again at the more than gracious offer, Beta continued to smile even in the face of such seriousness. And Mai was completely serious.

“That’s really very kind of you, My Lord. But, completely unnecessary. The Force has led me here for a reason, I suspect it has something to do with my family. I am almost positive that if I am needed on the surface, I will be led there. Trust in the Will of the Force, My Lord…it has a plan for is all.”, Beta could see the frown start to form on her features. Perhaps that was way TOO Jedi of a thing to say to a Sith Lord. Beta lost a moment of his good cheer as he added, “…besides, it’s a little too late in the game to bring in a convert. Don’t you think? The Galaxy is at War, I hardly think the Sith are interested in converting Jedi to their cause at this time. There are really no causes anymore….are there?”

Watching her, he hoped that got the point across. He could sense that she was passing through this station on her way to another destination and he had no need to keep her, other than the selfish desire for her company. She was pleasant enough, more pleasant than speaking to the Soldiers and Sith that roamed the Space Station. Continuing to look at her, he tried to remember something Porchia had told him of her, but again it was third hand information. Beta hadn’t talked to Marstel directly for months, the both of them simply too busy to catch up. As it hit him, he realized he and Mai did have something in common, though her skill in the thought he was having far surpassed his own. Archeology was only a hobby of his.

“Though, I would really like to get to the surface and perhaps browse a tomb, see some ancient text perhaps. You know, one of my most prized possessions is an ancient lightsaber powered by a battery pack the wielders used to strap to themselves. It had a cable attached to it and everything. One of my…’acquaintances’ I was ‘friends’ with gave it to me as a gift.”, Beta went back to smiling broadly, “She was an archeologist too, you know…your equivalent in the Jedi Order I would think. You would have liked her.”

As he spoke Beta thought of Melodie and the lightsaber she gave him as gift. It was her way of breaking the ice between the two of them so long ago. It was almost laughable that some of the best items in his collection came from would be ‘female callers’ and not finds by his own hand. Wondering how that ever happened he watched Mai’s expression change, not sure if he even made any sense at all. Mentioning the lightsaber was not to bring up another woman, but rather try to establish some commonality between them. We watched and waited to see how she reacted to his explanation of things, hopefully not misinterpreting his intent. Mai was his Uncle’s Girlfriend after all and the last thing he wanted to do was anger THAT man.

Coruscant – Galactic City

Pulling the large synth-leather coat over his shoulders, Marstel faded into the crowd, as well as a seven foot tall Ratataki could fade. With the chaos of the Fire Brigade and the crowds already forming around the ‘bank’, he easily slipped away, headed toward the spaceport and his next stop. His mind went over the data he acquired from the Zakuul. It was pointless to join the others, at least not until the end. Marstel had debated on having a sit down with all of them, trying to explain what he knew and realized that it would turn into a fight among them all. Their own objectives and sense of ‘rescuing ‘ the galaxy getting in the way of the simple facts. Marstel wanted to just retreat to ;The Castle’ and take all of his family with him. But, that again would dissolve into a fight with them all; he would literally have to overcome them all and put them in stasis unconscious to get what he wanted.

And then there was Mai. Marstel decided he was not going into stasis if he didn’t have her with him and in all likelihood she would work to preserve the history of the Sith and her family till the bitter end. That meant she would be out and in danger almost to the moment the Zakuul invaded Dromund Kass. Marstel knew he would have to go get her, there was no other way. Which meant, no stasis for the both of them. The plan called for a detonation at the entrance to ‘The Castle’ which would take anyone trying to get to the others inside at least a 1000 years to dig through. Other plans began to form, like building his own Castle or finding a facility capable of housing himself and Mai, but they all were far too complex and would take time. Time that neither he nor the galaxy would allow for.

The Holo-net stopped him on his way to the spaceport as Marstel walked toward the open air system standing among the other people watching the broadcast. He smiled when he saw a Holo-image of his sister flash on the screen, the commentator speaking on how Mrysti was leading the ‘Coalition’ against the invaders. It was noble, they all were. Shaking his head and continuing toward his ship, noble didn’t count for much in the face of sheer fact. This was a game none of them could win. Getting to his ship he stopped to look back at Coruscant one last time. The next time he saw it most likely it would be destroyed or under control of another Empire.

As his ship lifted off, he set his nav-computer for Korriban and the final stop in the long line of defense for the Republic and the Empire. It was the first Core Planet the Zakuul were going to and the end of the road for the Alpha’s. Deciding he was going to lay low on Korriban and wait for the rest of them to arrive, Marstel placed the ship on auto ensuring the comm system was still shut off and scrambling his transponder before he moved back toward the hold of his ship. It would be a long flight and he hadn’t slept in 72 hours. Touching his neck, he deactivated his programming.

Tantra – Defense Grid Complex

Resistance was light. The resistance Karolin did encounter, she skirted or tricked in the Force to allow those in her path to think she was somewhere she wasn’t; avoiding them all together. As she entered the first floor of the Complex, the cold from the outside ending as she walked through the blasted out entryway, the Force immediately began to buzz and jump around in her mind. V’ictoria jumped from the shadows revealing herself and Karolin seemed to ignore her keeping her eyes locked at the darkness further down the walkway. That struck V’ictoria as odd and she started to speak, Karolin raised a finger toward her in silence.

“Just go to the ship, V’ictoria…I will take care of this…”

“Take care of what?!?! Karolin???”, V’ictoria started to follow in confusion, causing Karolin to turn around and take her eyes off the darkened path that led off further into the complex.

“It’s…’Force’ stuff…V’ictoria! Damn! Just go to the ship….” Karolin immediately turned back to the walkway without another word. No one was closer to V’ictoria than Karolin, their relationship going back many, many years and only Karolin would have gotten away with or even considered talking to V’ictoria that way. Half expecting it, V’ictoria watched and waited till Karolin disappeared in the darkness before she decided to follow her.

It started getting hot in the facility, or maybe it was the Force as the two entities got closer to one another. Smiling, Karolin stopped and took off the huge coat she wore tossing it aside before she spoke into the dark of the small chamber.

“Should I be surprised that you followed me here? Would you be surprised to know that I knew you would come…”

Walking forward so that only his face could be seen in the low light, the Dark Prince emerged. The dark of his clothing making his face appear to be floating on its own. As Karolin reached out, she felt him in the Force, he had his hands folded in front of him and was taking a deliberate non-threatening pose with her. She was not about to reciprocate, instead folding her arms across her chest and cocking a hip out. It was clear act of annoyance, the green of her skin under the very skimpy robe and cloak she wore shining what little light there was back at him.

“No…I am not surprised by anything concerning you. You have been in my dreams, it’s all I have thought about since the last time we saw one another.”

Laughing out loud, Karolin deliberately stooped pouring on the laughter purposefully. It was meant to break his concentration and focus on her, which she felt intently the moment she stepped over the threshold of the Complex. He was young, impressionable and not incredibly experienced. The Dark Prince was being honest, it was all he could be. The purity of the young man reminded Karolin of a Padawan, he didn’t know how to be deceptive. The Dark prince seemed to be taken aback by Karolin’s laughter not really expecting it and looking away shamefully. It was working, he was being honest and she was deflecting. Karolin added words to her abuse wanting to further throw him off, inside she frowned at herself. This was not the actions of a Jedi Master, but she needed to know, needed to be sure what the game was before she decided to play.

“Wow…you don’t waste any time do you…?:, Karolin lowered her voice trying to mimic the Dark Prince’s voice; extending her hand mockingly as well, “…’Hi, I’m the Dark Prince…I am here to take over your universe and I love to dream about you’…does that work with all the girls where you’re from or just the ones you subjugate?!?!” She had a nasty edge to the last of her words, purposefully. And this time Karolin was completely serious, she didn’t like the two ‘brothers’ coming to their back yard and making trouble. He reacted angrily this time, but Karolin could feel a quick smoothing action in the Force as he quickly gathered himself immediately, in time with his anger.

“My name….is Thexan. And no…it doesn’t work with the women of my planet. Not that I would know, I have never consorted in that fashion.”

Karolin turned slightly greener, again with the honesty. Thexan was like the guy you WANT to bring home to meet your parents, incapable of being anything but genuine. The fact that he was a blood thirsty killer and conqueror of someone else’s galaxy was his only detractor. Karolin laughed at that thought as she relaxed a bit, dropping her hands. Clearing her throat, she smiled shyly. In another situation she would have launched herself his direction with her hand extended in friendship.

“Well…that’s too bad. We…meaning ‘women’ are not so bad….once you get to know us. I’m…uh Karolin, by the way. I didn’t get to formally introduce myself last time while you both were trying to kill my sister…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

“So…it’s fairly simple really. I am here to ‘save’ you, Karolin. It is not my desire to have you harmed in any way by what is to come. There is nothing I can do to stop it, my Father has made a decree and HIS will be done…”

Karolin shifted nervously for the first time, her body shifting to more of a defensive posture after listening to Thexan explain himself. She also caught a flash in his mind, a bit of his dreams and they were not all as pure as his forthright honesty so far. Not that the ‘dark’ prince was holding back, but the thoughts and dreams of the young prince were not something he was prepared to verbally share. Karolin mentally filed that away, though she was in a defensive stance and her arms dropped to her side the voice was still that of a snide annoyed woman. Karolin wanted a ‘rise’ out of him and not the one caused by his fevered dreams of her and her sister.

“You always do what ‘daddy’ tells you? Honestly, you don’t seem the type…otherwise, why come here? Why take this chance and speak with your enemy?”

Thexan relaxed a bit more, his arms still out as he explained himself. It was a chess game, Karolin moved; Thexan countered. Sooner rather than later one of them was going to run out of moves. Very deliberately he moved toward her, albeit slowly.

“I am a Prince of my People, sworn to uphold the Justice of the Zakuul. And…though your galaxy is unjust and must be shown the truth they deserve….you are NOT my enemy Karolin. If anything I think of you as a confidant, I could use your help…the future could use your help. By coming with me, I can ensure your safety and safeguard the future by ensuring your own.”

Karolin had to admit for someone as young or at least younger in the Force than she was, Thexan was entirely eloquent. Or the brainwashing was severe, though she detected none of that in him. Thexan really believed what he was saying, wholeheartedly. And not just a blind devotion, Thexan was a true believer unlike his brother who Karolin could feel sought power. In his heart Thexan was battling even speaking to her, it was a conflict he would have to resolve in himself and from the feeling she got from him most likely he had NEVER deviated from his father’s plans or struck out on his own. Karolin needed to play that card she filed away.

“Mhm…and this has nothing to do with your infatuation with me…or my sister?” The look of shock on his face was enough to make Karolin push that calm he was so carefully using to hide his feelings. Whenever she detected his emotions he quickly and smoothly cloaked them under a veneer of serenity he crafted over years of training. This time she wasn’t letting that happen as Karolin stepped forward and very deliberately ran a hand lightly over her lead thigh, “I can see it…every thought, every dream…you cannot hide from me, your highness.”

Thexan’s advancement stopped and he actually retreated a step. Karolin was steeped in the Light of the Force, but in her balance she could quickly transition between the light and dark with ease. Something her latest trip to Tython had helped her discover. Looking away, it was something he never thought possible in his going to Tantra to meet Karolin. That she would be able to see into him like this. Thexan should have known and already he was considering a full on retreat as he started beating himself up mentally over underestimating the Jedi. Karolin continued her advance already sensing him shutting down, the mental walls starting to go up around his mind.

“If that is embarssing for you, Karolin. I’m sorry…I realize that I am not fully mature subconsciously. I must admit, seeing you that first time…did cause my mind to react strangely, at least in my sleep.”

Karolin smiled wickedly, her continued movement slow and methodical. Now she had him on the fence and she could feel it. Bringing her arm up, she softly folded them across her chest allowing it to brush against her bosom as she lightly twiddled her fingers on her other forearm. Thexan was watching every movement she made and Karolin knew it. This was more than just his noble crusade to ‘save’ her. Karolin’s voice got softer and deeper as she purred to the young man as if codling him in reassurance.

“That’s a round-a-bout way of saying you are having erotic dreams about me, isn’t it? If you’re thinking that I somehow did that to you, you would be mistaken. That’s not how I operate, not at all.” She moved closer still and this time finally got within striking distance should that need arise, “…and it’s ok, Thexan…” It was the first time Karolin used his name and she felt his heart melt. Inside a sinister pang of shock went through her system as Karolin took hold of the darkness rising within her just to rebalance herself. This was too critical to allow the darkness in her to take hold. It was a means to an end, she continued to tell herself. Very easily, Karolin could have manipulated this young man and less than a month ago, she would have; without hesitation, “…As Jedi, we often struggle with these type of emotions. It something we battle our entire lives…”

Now she was gambling as what she was feeling from Thexan suddenly became scrambled. It wasn’t her, it was him. There was a passionate rise in him and she recognized it all too well. Karolin had been through this before, but Thexan had no experience with it. Before she sensed it and Karolin could stop herself she already reached out and grabbed his hand wanting to reassure him that she understood and offer him guidance in the Force. That touch set him off, the scrambling in his mind was his decision to grab her and she couldn’t see it in time to stop it. Thexan grabbed Karolin with a speed that rivaled her own, pulling her into a passionate kiss and engulfing her with not only his physical strength, but his unchecked power in the Force. Almost as soon as he did it, he let her go and staggered away; his hand on his head.

“I—I am sorry, Karolin…I…don’t know what just…”

Karolin was just as floored by his actions as he was. More because she pushed and didn’t see it coming. That kiss was pure passion, it was love and it had almost nothing to do with his fevered dreams of her. This was dangerous territory, knowing if she continued down this path she could possibly get what she wanted and perhaps find a way to end this assault on her galaxy. At the same time, she could hurt him and hurt him badly. To accept him or to reject Thexan, both carried great risk and deception was not her forte anymore. The Jedi in her would not let it go as she sighed, looking down at the floor.

“No, I know what just happened. And it is my fault, I’m sorry Thexan. I was leading you on, I purposefully spoke and moved knowing what was going on in your mind and using that in hope I could get to you and end this conflict. What you are feeling is not real…I caused it and it is not the Jedi way; it is not my way. Not anymore.”

Again, Karolin was shocked at his response. The rise in him turned crimson in the Force and for the first time he could not just smooth over his emotions. Turning on her, his look a face between anger and utter shock he stepped back to her grasping Karolin’s shoulders.

“No…no, it was real. And it has been real every minute since I saw you and felt you in the Force. You are saying that because you think I need to hear it, but you are wrong. I have the ‘power’ too…this Force you speak of and I know you feel something…” he started to get angrier, but in a more resolute way, “…and even if you won’t let me, I am GOING to save you. Regardless if you accept my help or not…”

Karolin started to wiggle and twist out of his grasp, “Let me go! You don’t know what you’re saying…and…you’re hurting me…” V’ictoria, up to that point had simply watched. Karolin and Thexan having their discussion about things in the Force that she abhorred, as she abhorred anything dealing with the Force. But, as it got heated and Thexan grabbed Karolin, V’ictoria slowly stood drawing her acquired blaster back out of her belt and moved from the shadows. As they struggled, V’ictoria raised the pistol pointing it at Thexan, the whine of the power cell arming itself made him look up.

“Yes, let her go Thexan. We are done here.”

“You?!?! How did you?!?!” Thexan looked between Karolin and V’ictoria as he slowly let Karolin go stepping back shyly, his control in the Force returning, “Of course, very deceptive Doctor. I should have been able to put this together, you two know one another…”

Karolin gave V’ictoria an annoyed glance moving backwards without taking her eyes off Thexan, she whispered harshly as she made it next to her cousin, “I had this under control, V’ictoria!! I didn’t need your kriffin’ help….” V’ictoria grabbed Karolin’s wrist as she started to retreat from the room, the blaster still trained on the ‘Dark’ prince.

“Yea, I could see that. I wasn’t sure if you two were about to fight or actually find a nice quiet room someplace…”

Thexan watched them go, his hands once again folded in front of him. He said nothing, but as Karolin and he continued to lock eyes until she retreated beyond his view, the look said everything. And Karolin could feel it in the Force.

‘I will save you…it is unavoidable….’

Belsavis – Vault 45, Extreme High Security Section

The explosions seemed to chase Arcann as he left the remainder of his escorting force at the entrance running down the vault path and into the already opened door. Not even thinking about it, he ran the darkened path, not even considering the fact that the door had already been opened. His intelligence on the planet had it sustaining multiple escape attempts and incursions by the Sith Empire, so It didn’t strike him as odd that prisoners and vaults would be open on his way to the location and in fact he seen as much. The large green fist stuck him dumb as Mrysti jumped out from behind the column, a punch that would have killed a normal man. With all of her rage and genetically enhanced strength behind it, she was actually surprised it only put Arcann on his ass.

Not wasting any time, Mrysti screamed in rage as she ignited her lightsaber immediately and began to strike the deathblow down at the fallen prince. Arcann recovered enough to roll and launch himself at an adjacent column, flipping over her and landing further down the hall. Mrysti shook her head, she wasn’t chasing him, there was no other way out as she stalked forward and started to follow.

“Not this time. No. I am GOING to kill you…you just keep running. Even if you make it to the Forge…I WILL KILL YOU….”

Arcann launched a long tangled web of lightning behind him as he ran, Mrysti not even bothering to raise her saber this time let the edges strike her with a grimace as she swatted the rest of it away with her hand; her speed unimpeded as the bolt lit up the darkened hall. Laughing behind him, Arcann didn’t need to goad her. Mrysti was already enraged to the point of excess, the visible cloud of dark energy following her down the winding hall.

“Come on then, Dark Lord…come and see what I’m after…”

The pursuit took another turn as Defense Droids activated attacking both her and Arcann, the two of them fighting in tandem for the moment. Mrysti got close enough to strike Arcann, but didn’t as she grimaced through the destruction of the droids. Choosing instead to make a snide remark as together they plowed through the defense units.

“Where is he?!?! The other one…”

Arcann laughed again, this time getting a little distance from Mrysti to give his answer as he somersaulted into the thick of the droids, fighting his way back toward Mrysti.

“Oh…didn’t you know? He’s on Tantra…with your sister…”

“YOU LIE!!” The statement angering Mrysti so, she thrust out both hands sending Arcann and his crowd of droids into the adjacent wall. As they shattered and exploded, Arcann moved along the wall trying to sit up, surprised at the fury and the power of the Dark Lord, it was a Mrysti he had not yet experienced. Her saber was already at his neck before he moved to stand, “That little statement is the only thing keeping your head in place!”

‘Say the wrong thing, die.’ Though Arcann’s power continued to grow, he was caught in a precarious position. Slumping slightly he sneered at Mrysti, “You don’t sense him on the planet, do you?!?! Why would I lie??? He left thinking even I didn’t know what he was up to…so to answer your question, no. I have no idea what he wants with her.”

Mrysti didn’t ask the question, but Arcann already knew she would. Her looking away a moment was all it took for him to bring his saber up and try to strike at her. She battled it out of the way as she sliced down at Arcann and then again as he continued to move. Strike, smash…strike, slash; Mrysti followed him around the now silent room. All of the defense droids having been destroyed only the sound of her lightsaber echoed in the chamber. Arcann locked the saber with her, but she remembered his little trick from last time and as soon as the squeak and squelch of their blades came together, Mrysti became a gladiator again. Quickly, she headbutted him beside the blades and brought her elbow down on his back as he fell. Doubled over she kicked him in the stomach and pressed her foot against his chest. It was an attack he never saw coming, Mrysti did not telegraph any of it in the Force as it was pure skill.

“Karolin is the only thing keeping you alive in this moment, fool. If anything happens to her…”

His mouth bleeding, Arcann grimaced a wicked smile. It wasn’t Karolin he wanted to talk about. Having sustained beatings throughout his rough life of training, he had not been bested by anyone except his brother as they reached older adolescence. Now Mrysti had him, she had enough of him and had seethed her rage since their last meeting. The taste of his death stuck at the back of her throat as she tasted it, within her reach. After a moment she kicked hard on his chest a last time before pushing him further into the floor and stepping away.

“I have never wanted to kill someone so bad in all of my life…” Mrysti lifted her arm at the Forge entrance bringing down the vault door and the ceiling around it, sealing it for at least a good millennia. She glanced back at Arcann as she walked away, unsure if he held sway over what was going on back on Tantra, but unwilling to take the chance, “See your way out…you are lucky I love my sister…”