The Alpha Legacy - "Rise" Prelude to KotFE

Tell your stories, post bios, character histories ...
GuardianElite
Realm: RIFT
House: Griffon
Record: Recruited: 11/26/2013
Squired: 12/26/2013
Baron: 3/19/2014
Rejoined NOR as Squire: 5/31/2015
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Re: The Alpha Legacy - "Rise" Prelude to KotFE

Post by GuardianElite »

Inside the mind of a madman…Coronet, Corellia - Alpha Pod, Jedi Orphanage.

The voice that came out of the youngster standing before Marstel was adult and seemed out of place coming from the boyhood figure of Trea’vor. Pacing again, Trea’vor or ‘RT’ as most everyone in the family still thought of him as, watched Marstel with a keen eye. There was a wicked playfulness behind his eyes, though Marstel watched his brother with a stern expression. It was as if Trea’vor was waiting for Marstel to make the first move. Opening his hands again in a welcoming gesture, Marstel tried to smile, which was a difficult thing for him to do. The big guy, now, in this particular fantasy, the ‘big boy’ was not too keen on smiling or talking very much. As he uttered his words he realized that he too was speaking with an adult voice, his own voice coming from the body of a 10 year old.

“Wha’s this RT? We gonna fight now? You bring me back here ta fight ya and git yer revenge fer sumthin’ ain’t none of us responsible fer?”

That stopped the pacing as RT looked at Marstel questioningly, finally looking off and toward the faux blue sky. A sky that Marstel noticed was changing colors rapidly, varying shades of blue, then to green as well as flashing images of RT’s life. RT or ‘Trea’vor’ seemed to be in constant chaos and conflict with himself, caught between the man he was and the man he was trying to be. But, Marstel could feel it, they were getting close to the root of the conflict and soon they would reach the crossroads. Looking at his brother, RT smiled wickedly.

“Do you have any idea what it’s like to not be able to bury your wife? Do you have any clue?!?! You all didn’t even give me that much, just sent her back to me in a jar!!!”

“So tha’s wha this is about, ya feel slighted by us? Well c’mon then, we kin bury ‘er right now! In fact, ya kno I will help ya dig tha hole…”

It was a serious statement, but again, Marstel was not good with words and he knew that statement came off as sounding callous. And that was exactly how RT took it, his attention suddenly refocused angrily in Marstel’s direction as the sky grew red with anger.

“It’s too late for that! I’m glad she’s gone! Evil bitch…she deserved to die!”

And that was it, the root of the problem. On one hand and in one moment, RT would mourn the loss of something he held so dear that nothing else could be as important to him, more important than the programming which was in direct conflict of his love for the only woman he truly ever cared about. They were all programmed to be loyal, but no one was more loyal than RT and he had focused the programming which was to be directed to the loyalty of the Republic to the woman he loved. Her passing created the void and since RT couldn’t refocus that loyalty, it was now misplaced or discarded in a way. His system couldn’t handle that.

On the other hand and in the other moment, RT tried to explain it away, by saying she meant nothing and was glad she was gone. It was sad to watch. The man who invested so much of himself into something and then tried to explain it away as if were actually ‘nothing’, when it was anything but. The scientist tried to reset RT at the time of his reconstruction, but they failed. And what they left in their wake was a conflicted monster. A monster that would do anything and say anything to try and hide the pain he was feeling. A pain he didn’t really understand or couldn’t comprehend. Marstel had to make him do it or there was no hope of them returning.

“Trea’vor…listen to me. What we did was wrong, but you cannot live the remainder of your days dwelling on this. Time will not allow it. It marches on and we must march with it….”, Marstel stopped speaking realizing his voice had just changed from very informal to formal in a blink of an eye, his own programming starting to go haywire inside his brother’s fevered mind. But he too had a card to play, “An as a matter ‘a fact, I due kno wha it’s like ta lose sumone…ya think I didn feel sumthin when Hamner killed Kat?!?!”

Looking down, Trea’vor sat had on the ground. His body following his eyes all the way down. Marstel moved slowly to him continuing to stand as he placed a hand on Trea’vor’s shoulder. The madman was now shaking his head, his hands over his face as he sobbed.

“No….it’s too late, I can’t go back. I can’t make amends for what I’ve done…I killed her. Maybe not physically, but I just as well did it. I was never supposed to be in love, have children…”, He looked up suddenly, “…and I killed my Son, how do I come back from that.”

Marstel had no good answer for that. It was something that he could not answer and knew that even if he managed to save RT, somehow bring him out of this, it was something that he would have to live with. The thought that maybe death would be a good release for his brother flashed briefly between them causing RT to look up at him, nodding.

“Yes…yes, Marstel. Now you are on the right track…”, and the world began to spin again. RT was destroying the image and transitioning again. The sky began to fade as the field beneath them started to melt away, “Yes….kill me. It’s what you and Karolin came here to do, isn’t it? Kill me and release me from this torment, Marstel….I forgive you. I do…you know it has to be done.” And as the world spun, Marstel’s body as well as his brother’s started to transition back into their adult forms. Marstel took his hand off his brother’s shoulder, stepping back in alarm.

“No! No, I won’t do it!!!”

The image started to coalesce again, this time taking them to a place he was unfamiliar with. It was dark and there was a pressure on him, like the weight of an entire universe suddenly landed on his chest. Marstel pressed at the hard substance trying to get it off. As the light came on, he could see his brother, RT, holding it out to him no idea where he was.

“This is where I decided that life was worth living Marstel and I told myself if I ever got out of here, I would never let a day pass that I didn’t let her know how much I truly loved her.” RT lowered the light slightly, “….I failed in that promise. The War….life got in the way…”

Hoth

Getting the guards in line, the Garrison Commander called them to attention as Mrysti’s starship landed on the landing pad at the main Imperial outpost. The ramp opened almost immediately as the Commander stepped forward offering a salute to the descending Dark Lord. Mrysti passed without so much as a glance, he cape flowing in her wake as she descended, continuing on the way toward the inside of the base with the Commander on her heels.

“Darth Retuvisa…you honor us with your presence. Had I more notice we would have prepared more of an ‘arrival’ for you…”

Mrysti waved him off nonchalantly, all business.

“Forget the arrival, I care nothing about that…”, she stopped to turn and look down at the smaller man placing her hands on her hips, “….you are the Garrison Commander?”

The rather nervous Commander, nodded taking a step back as he nearly ran into Mrysti at her rather abrupt stop. Looking around, Mrysti eyed the vehicles and armor parked in their designated positions and making an abrupt turn started toward them. The Commander looked at her curiously, but again stayed close on her heels.

“If this is an inspection…I assure you our equipment is top notch…all within Imperial requirements. Even in this forsaken ice ball.”

Climbing onto one of the walkers, Mrysti began looking at it closely, nodding to herself, “Yes…yes. This will do nicely…” She glanced back down at the Commander with her stern expression, “I will be commandeering this walker…”

That caught the Commander off guard as he stammered merely nodding his acceptance, still no idea why ‘The Hammer of the Empire’ was on Hoth, much less why she needed an Imperial Scout Walker. As Mrysti climbed up to the hatch opening it and looking inside, she glanced back down at the Commander who still looked shocked almost as if she was awaiting a response.

“W-well yes…of course, Mi’lord…they are of course at your disposal. Is this a test run…just some check of our equipment??? Forgive me for asking, but I would like to ensure that your inspection is a successful one.”

Having no intention of lying to the man, Mrysti climbed down into the walker, only her upper body sticking out as she looked down at the Commander.

“This is no inspection. I am going to the main Republic base. If they do not let me in…I am using this walker to get inside.”

Shock and disbelief struck the Commander as Mrysti closed the hatch sealing herself inside without further discussion.

The Commander started to speak loudly as he heard the activation of switches and powering up of the walker’s systems.

“M-my Lord…there have been little hostility between ourselves and the Republic of late…to go to their main base in ONE walker…that’s-that’s suicide. My Lord!!! Please…what are you doing?!?!”

The Imperial Walker started up and rose to its full height, the mechanical sound of the legs ‘ching-chang’ing’ as they started their movement away from the Imperial base. The Commander chased after the walker a few steps, still screaming Mrysti’s direction.

“My Lord!!! Stop!!! You can’t go out there alone!!!”

Dromund Kass

Walking the streets of Kass City, Hamner began to see the people milling about in a different light. They were always insignificant in the eyes of a Sith Lord, but now they took on an even greater insignificance. There was a color to them, a certain pallor that tinted their petty movements. Hamner likened it to cattle or herds of Nerfs being led to the slaughter. What they did or what they were doing had no meaning in his greater scheme of things and it was fascinating.

Smiling he stopped to take it in, looking at a few people surrounding an outside food stand. Anyone of them could be his to kill, he need only pick a target. And it was a target rich environment. The excitement nearly boiled him over, the lust to want to kill anyone he chose and the greater pleasure for him was that all of them were unsuspecting.

His hand drifted to his crotch as he squeezed lightly under his cloak reliving the murder of the woman who lived next door to him only the day before. The light in her eyes, the realization that her life was ending and then watching that light go out with such a shock. It was if in that moment, he was the Force. In that moment he controlled everything. Watching her struggle, at first unsure that he was in fact killing her and then realizing in that last moment that she was in fact dying. Living beings will fight to live, even in their last moments and that was the part that excited him so much. Being in control of that moment between life and death, of holding that person’s soul in his hands and then making the decision to end it so abruptly. There was absolutely nothing like it.

Moving with a purpose, Hamner rounded the corner heading for the adjacent apartment building. There was a need now to change his hunting grounds. Killing his neighbor was a mistake, a mistake that would cause him to get caught, but he had to see if he was truly capable of it. It was a rash act, something done spur of the moment. The opportunity presented itself and Hamner could not simply let it go. But coming down off of the high of his neighbor’s murder, he realized how stupid he become. Someone, anyone could come calling on that person and the trail might absolutely lead back to him.

Stopping at another outdoor food stand, Hamner watched the door of the apartment building. The comings and goings of the people all surrounded by their passionate colors of red and off-reds. His view was tinted with those colors of how he viewed the world, a predator looking at all of his prey, just biding his time until an unsuspecting person came along. But, opportunity always seemed to find him. Taking a deep breath he quelled the desire building up inside, it was something he was going to have to learn to control if he was to live this way. Much like his concentration in dealing with the Force, his new lust for death and mayhem must also be controlled.

As he sat and pondered, he wondered if perhaps the Force was not in fact solely responsible for this new rise in him. The desire to murder and to kill for no reason as well as its subsequent control of his urges had a lot of similarity in the Force. Was this the Force’s way of opening a new pathway to power for him? In his fevered brain, he wondered. Perhaps a challenge to prove his theory, was in order. If the Force was truly leading him to this end, then he would need to verify the veracity of his theory. Discarding the food he was munching on without so much as a glance at the trash receptacle, his eyes locked on the Sith Lord approaching the doorway to the building.
Mize, Level 60: Sith Juggernaut
Mrysti, Level 65: Sith Juggernaut
Sicness, Level 60: Sith Inquisitor
Amalgom, Level 60: Imperial Operative
Marstel, Level 60: Bounty Hunter
Karolin (Dark-side), Level 65: Sith Mararder

RTninefoursix, Level 65: Republic Vanguard
RTninefourfive, Level 60: Republic Commando
Karolin, Level 65: Jedi Sage
Porchia, Level 65: Gunslinger
Derrick-veruna, Level 65: Jedi Guardian
Beta, Level 60: Jedi Sentinel
V'ictoria, Level 60: Scoundrel
GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Hoth

Stopping the walker on the outskirts, Mrysti could see the Republic battle lines already forming in front of the Republic base. Shaking her head, Mrysti clenched her teeth angrily. Someone had called ahead, most likely that stupid Commander back at the Imperial Base. Mrysti shrugged as she worked the controls moving the walker forward again, ‘Oh well’, she thought. It didn’t matter to her, one way or another she was getting in that base to be with her sister and brothers. The cracking of her Comm system caused her to ease off of the controls a bit, slowing the Walker’s movement.

<”Darth Retuvisa…we have not met, but we have a common ‘acquaintance’. There is no need for this to get hostile. Pull back on your throttle and stop where you are, I am prepared to see you safely to your sister…”>

It was most likely a trap, but her curiosity was piqued by the unfamiliar voice. During the entire trip to the Republic battle lines Mrysti kept Comm silence merely monitoring the frequency for any hint of her approach. Though she was reluctant to stop so close to her objective, Mrysti throttled back on the Walker’s controls coming to a complete stop, keying the entry to accept the incoming communications.

“This is Darth Retuvisa…I am not here on official Imperial business. This is entirely personal, so I have no wish for conflict. I only want to see my brother’s and my sister who are inside the Republic base.”

Ceasing from saying anything further, Mrysti held her breath for the reply glancing out at the battle lines as the Republic Army started getting into position and hunkering down at her approach. They certainly seemed to be preparing for a fight despite what the voice on the Comm said. Her level of awareness went up, the thought that a trap may very well be forming foremost on her mind. The Comm gave a high-pitched whine as the voice from before filled the interior of her Walker’s internal speakers.

<”My Lord…we do not wish for conflict either. And on a personal note, I am with you as are some of the others in your pursuit of a ‘Coalition’ of like minded people.”>

The hidden meaning of the words was not lost on Mrysti as she smiled, both in shock and surprise. As the voice mentioned ‘Coalition’ she shook her head. How many people knew, even after all of the precautions she taken to protect her idea? It was getting out, the word that Mrysti was forming a group of people for a reason, that reason being to protect the galaxy from what was coming. It was both exciting and made her nervous at the same time.

Reaching up, Mrysti unlocked the hatch of the Walker poking her head out to look at the Republic lines. Among the forces, one individual in armor stood up, his visage cloaked by the snow which was blowing horizontally along the ground. As the shape grew in size at its approach, Mrysti could see that it was a lone Republic Soldier, he had his hands out to his side approaching as if to say, ‘I surrender’. Mrysti climbed the rest of the way out of the Walker, leaning down first to deactivate the armored behemoth’s systems and shutting it down.

As the Soldier got in range, Mrysti jumped down in a Force leap landing on her feet. She tilted her head curiously as the Soldier removed his helmet and bowed slightly.

“Greetings, My Lord…I bring salutations from the ‘Commander’ whom I believe you just met a few days ago. He sends his regrets that he cannot be here in person as he decided to stay on Hutta with the rest of your group.”, Mrysti smiled sheepishly as she started to sway, the Soldier continuing as he gestured for her to join him in heading back to the lines. Mrysti said nothing, still not convinced that she was not walking into a trap. These were after all, till only a few weeks ago, her sworn enemy, “The Commander and I served together for sometime during the War. I owe him a lot…so when he sent me a message that you were coming, well…it wasn’t easy to convince the base commander, but he too is an ally.”, They stopped short of the line, the Soldier turning to look at Mrysti and holding out his hand. She didn’t have words, still on her guard at being so close to the main Republic Battle Line, “I of course will need your lightsaber. It was a compromise….some of these guys are not privy to what you and I….and the Commander know. They will not be accepting unless it appears you are surrendering.”

Reluctantly, Mrysti took the saber off her belt, handing it to the Soldier who clipped it to his own belt. The trap Mrysti was expecting never appeared as they continued their walk toward the base and past the lines, to the mean and evil looks from all of the Republic Troopers assembled.

Jumping up from her squat, Karolin ran to her sister embracing her. There seemed to be permanent track marks from the tears on her face as Mrysti embraced Karolin back finally pulling her away to look at her. The haggard appearance and the strong smell of Corellian whiskey seemed to emanate off of Karolin as she looked down, defeated. Mrysti looked over at the two unconscious brothers, both Marstel and RT seemed to be in a state of sleep, but Mrysti could sense that something was going on in their minds. Moving away from Karolin, Mrysti placed her hands on both their foreheads and closed her eyes briefly to try and get a sense of both brothers. Karolin broke the silence with a sniffle, having up to this point having said nothing at her sister’s arrival.

“It’s just not coming to me…I have lost my connection to the Force either by overuse or just trying to hard. I’ve even meditated to try and—“

Mrysti’s eyes went to the bottle of liquor on the table and then gave her sister a skeptical look.

“Yes, I can see that, Karolin…”, it was a sarcastic reply which ordinarily would have gotten a rise out of rather diminutive sister. Karolin lacked the will to fight back, her reply not as forceful as she would have liked.

“Yea…so I took a drink. You go through what I just went through with the both of them and you try and do it sober!”

Turning back to Karolin, Mrysti removed her cloak draping it over the chair at the table before slapping her hands together loudly.

“Ok…so what’s your plan?”

Inside the mind of a Madman…Coruscant, After the suicide bombing of the Ministry of Defense, during the events of ‘Death of the Hero’

Clawing to an upright position, Marstel looked over at his brother, who unlike him was free to move about the cramped space. Activating his own light Marstel looked around and realized they were in the bowels of a Republic building of some kind. There was a collapse and both of them were trapped in a space under some kind of rubble. He knew that because the pieces of various levels of the building being enclosed with them.

Pushing on the huge slab of Dura-crete that had him pinned, Marstel began to move it, the surrounding walls shuttered at that movement threatening to cave the rest of the way in. Stopping again, Marstel knew that the slab he was pinned under was a pivot point for the rest of the debris. Moving it would only make the rest of it come down around them both. He sighed heavily looking over at RT who seemed to be consoling himself with something. In the original memory, RT climbed his way out, getting to a point where his wife who was busy trying to get to him up top rescued him. At the moment, RT wasn’t moving at all as Marstel extended a hand to him for help.

“I’m pinned under this…give meh yer hand RT….”

There was a slight shrug from RT, who did not offer his hand, looking down. His face reflected sadly off the low light Marstel was shining his direction.

“What difference does it make? We are going to die here…she’s not coming this time. No one is….”

Angrily, Marstel slapped the slab pinning him, glaring at his brother.

“Then wha the hell did ya bring us here fer?!?! What am I 'pposed ta due?? Convince ya tha life es worth livin'?!?! If ya don’ wanna live…fine…jus don’ take me with ya.”

Pushing on the slab again, the walls around the small space started to shutter again. The vibrating threat of ending them both echoing off the walls, which made RT turn sharply toward him. Opening his mouth, he was about to protest and then fell silent, shrugging again.

“Fine…you keep pushing on that and we WILL both be crushed. But what do I care….my life is pretty much over anyway…”

Ceasing his pushing again, Marstel continued his glare at his brother.

“Oh so now ya care? Now ya don’ wan meh pushing et…then git off yer ass an geh meh out 'a this.”

To RT, this was real. In his mind he was actually trapped back under that building. Marstel did realize that, but needed an angle to get his brother moving. The will to continue was gone in RT, still Marstel couldn’t exactly understand ‘why’ RT had brought him to this place, unless to have Marstel provide him a new reason to continue on. With that angle in mind, Marstel opened his mouth to speak, a sound from above stopped him.

Sitting face to face, Karolin opened her hands and spread her fingers, Mrysti took those hands in hers interlacing her fingers with Karolin’s hands. It was something Mrysti did not want to do, relive the past with her sister in using her Jedi abilities. But as Karolin had stated, the two of them were once unstoppable together and only together could they possible hope to defeat whatever had Marstel and RT trapped in their minds.

Closing her eyes, Karolin began to speak softly. Partly she spoke for herself, but mostly she spoke to her sister. They were words they shared long ago, something they always shared when they meditated together or prepared to do something involving their unified power. As Karolin spoke, her eyes shut, she was surprised to hear her sister’s voice join her as they recited their common bond, not only as sisters, but also as beings of light in the Force.

My heart….to your heart.

My mind…to your mind.

There is no conflict…there is only…the Force…

There is no chaos…there is only…the Force…

There is not one…but two..the two become one…

There is no One…there is us…

In the Force….

The blinding flash put them there, Mrysti retched back physically from the power of the bond, but as she opened her eyes both her and Karolin stood at the foot of a massive building collapse. People scattered about in turmoil at the smoking debris. Mrysti was completely lost, but Karolin grabbed her arm pulling her sister toward the debris. Kneeling down, Karolin started digging with her hands, hurling rocks and debris out of the way as Mrysti looked down at her curiously. She had no idea whose mind she was in, but it was not her own. Karolin began to speak quickly, not stopping her work as she continued to throw things out of her way digging through the pile.

“This is when RT was trapped under the building…he was rescued by…”, Karolin turned to look at Mrysti without saying the name, it was bad enough that Mrysti was the one responsible for the ‘unnamed’ person’s death by her own hand. Nodding, Mrysti got the message as she knelt next to her sister to assist with the digging, looking over at Karolin as she continued to hurl things and dig with her hands toward what, she had no idea.

Karolin, I understand what this is…the question is…why has RT brought us here?”

“It comes down ta a simple choice really, RT….ya either git busy livin…er ya git busy dying…Are ya really willing ta stay here, sacrifice all 'a us as well as yerself an simply give up.”, Marstel turned slightly as the slab moved up under his massive form, “I kno…ya can’t forgive us fer wha happened. Nothin' I kin say will ever bring em back. Buh, 'fore ya kin even begin ta forgive us, RT….”, Marstel placed his hands on the slab as he prepared to move it for a final time, “….ya have ta learn ta forgive yerself.”

The massive slab moved completely out of the way as the walls of the small enclosure began to collapse around them. This was Marstel's plan. He said what he had to say and it was time to test his brother's resolve. Either way, they were going to die there and Marstel had no intention of waiting his Brother out, he couldn't there was too much at stake.

RT raised his arms up to protect himself from the debris as it came crashing down. The pressure was unbelievable and as RT began to give up and succumb to the collapse of everything around him, his life…all of his love, everything he lost and had given up on; the large green hand thrust itself through the rubble grabbing him around the wrist pulling RT toward it.

Already standing alongside his sisters, Marstel was indeed happy to see them both even if it was only a concocted fantasy world. Mrysti released RT’s wrist as he landed at a kneel on top of the debris field, stepping back away from him. For a long time, RT stayed in the kneeling position just looking down, no one spoke, all eyes watching him.
Standing, RT kept his head low, his eyes cast down before he looked up and at his siblings. Mrysti was the only one who looked away as RT followed her eyes. There was a sadness behind her as she spoke, not able to meet her brother’s gaze. It was a pivotal moment, the moment when RT would make the decision to stay or go. What Mrysti would say held the fate of her brother and the rest of them forever, so she chose her words carefully, finally meeting his gaze with a stern expression.

“What I did…I did for you. I did it, because I love you and because NO ONE..no one in the galaxy treats my family like that and gets away with it.”, Mrysti stopped speaking taking a step forward as she took her brother’s hand, “It was wrong…and I am sorry, RT. I never meant to hurt you or anyone of us. Though I meant to do good…my intentions were…” RT smiled, the first smile in as many months. It was so unexpected it made Mrysti stop speaking in shock, all of them taking a step toward him. The voice was all RT, the real RT, and not the self-loathing and defeated person they all come to know. Squeezing her hand, RT looked at the rest of them meeting Marstel and then Karolin's gaze with thoughtfulness.

“What you did…was unspeakable. But it doesn’t change the fact that you are my family. And you just can’t stop loving your family when they do horrible things. Just like I can’t expect you to stop loving me after all the hurt and pain I’ve caused.” He looked back at Mrysti, swallowing hard his face remaining bright, “Marstel said…I have to forgive myself. Well, I did it…I killed my only Son and I can never ever give enough back or ask any of you enough to forgive me for that. Now, I have to learn to live with that fact for the rest of my life. Not only did I drive my wife away, but I killed the only thing left of her in the galaxy that was good and decent…and it will haunt me for the rest of my days.”

The debris field started to disappear as the colors of RT’s mind became warm and swirling. It encased them all as it finally deposited them all back on the parade field next to the Republic Army Memorial. Releasing Mrysti’s hand, RT started to walk toward it all of them looking at him expectantly. Slowly he turned, smiling at all of them.

“My only hope is that you let me be your brother again…it’s time to go home…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Hoth

Their hands unlaced with a jolt, Mrysti was already on her feet looking at the two sleeping forms that were her brothers Marstel and Trea’vor. Slowly, Karolin rose to stand next to her sister watching the two brother’s intently, expectantly. Detecting a slight movement of Marstel’s eyes, they both leaned in together to peer at him. As his eyes slowly opened, he jerked away at the two green face peering down at him.

“AGGHH!! Noh sumthin’ ya wanna wake up ta! Both ‘a ya leerin’ at meh…”, Marstel rose pushing Karolin and Mrysti away. Looking over at his still sleeping brother, Marstel looked at his two sisters questioningly, “Anythin’?” They both shook their heads at him. Still in a state of unconsciousness, Marstel looked at RT’s sleeping form worriedly, not sure if what had taken place in their minds was actually real or actually had happened. Mrysti nodded, placing her hand on the ‘big man’s’ shoulder seeming to read his thoughts.

“He’ll come back to us…I think he was waiting for me to come in there with the rest of you. He’ll come back….” Though Mrysti tried to sound optimistic, she was talking mostly to reassure herself more than anything.

Karolin was the only one who hadn’t approached RT, she hadn’t went to stare at his sleeping visage and she wasn’t watching him like everyone else; retreating instead to a corner in her failure. Mrysti approached her and sat down next to her sister, throwing an arm around her pulling her close playfully.

“Heya kiddo…what Marstel said goes for you too. You have to forgive yourself, it wasn’t your fault that they got trapped, in fact…I think I know why you weren’t successful…” Without opening his eyes, RT spoke weakly and at a whisper from his bed before turning his eyes toward the two sisters.

“…because I was waiting for all of you….”

In a rush that resembled a dog pile, they all attacked RT, laughing and sitting him up. His body was weak from lack of nutrition. Karolin hugged him tightly around his neck as she sobbed. They were tears of joy, Marstel patting his brother on the back hard and proud. Trying to stand, Mrysti gave her brother her arm to help him and slowly he got to his feet, looking at all of them again, this time in the real world instead of the soup that was his mind.

“That was a hard road…but I think a road we had to travel. It’s good to be back, guys…”, They led RT to the table sitting him down again. Backing up they all watched him as he grabbed a bit of left over ration off the table and slowly ate it. They were all staring at him as he looked around smiling at them again, “Seriously…I’m fine guys. Really.”

“So I know asking you how you feel would be a silly question, but…your mind, is it…”, Mrysti wanted to try and phrase the question without accusing her brother of still being insane. RT continued to eat as he looked up at her and then at the other two.

“It really happened…all of it. That’s what you wanted to ask, isn’t it? Did we really just take a trip down ‘crazy lane’ In my mind?” RT stuck a piece of bread in his mouth as he nodded at Mrysti, “Yes…it happened. All of it. And you all were right and I was wrong…Void, I hate admitting that.” He laughed to himself. Mrysti started to move away breathing a sigh of relief, her brother’s words stopping her, “And I know what you’re doing Mrysti, I saw it all…you too Karolin…”
They all watched RT intently as he continued to eat, the need for food consuming him at the moment.

“So…what do you plan to do, RT? What’s our or rather….your next move…”

Standing up weakly and holding onto the chair for support, his cybernetics whining as he looked down at them disgustingly.

“Well first…I am going home. I am resigning from the Army….”, before they could protest, he raise a skeletal cyber hand at them, “…wait, before you say anything…” He looked at Mrysti, “…I can’t help you in this as a member of the Republic Army…not knowing everything you know now.” He looked at his cybernetic hand he raised watching it intently for a moment, almost speaking to it, “….then I am going to go back to the Project, let them finish what they started. It’s time to get rid of these cybernetics. I am ready to be ‘me’ again…”

Moving away from RT, Karolin and Marstel started to discuss something between the two of them. Mrysti started to drift in their direction as RT grabbed her arm pulling her back toward him.

“And I saw…what you think is my end. Korriban?!?! Really? Do you think it’s going to come to that?”

Nodding sadly, Mrysti looked down, but quickly back up again.

“RT, it’s one possible future….nothing is certain in a Force vision, our actions right now may very well change things…nothing it set as the Future is always in motion, you know that…”, Slumping back down in the chair, RT sat down and nodded to himself, “I have seen Hamner’s death three times…all of them different. You may not even die…RT. I cannot be certain…”

Thinking about his brother, Hamner, RT wondered what had become of him. He was the only of the five siblings who weren’t present, choosing to ostracize himself from everyone long ago. Grabbing another piece of bread, RT munched on it looking up at the tall Mirialan.

“Well, then we have to do something to stop it. Then none of us have to die.” He reached forward grabbing Mrysti’s hand, “And if anyone is capable of stopping whatever is coming, I can’t think of anyone else I would want by my side than the three of you….”

Dromund Kass

The apartment was dark, much like his own place as Hamner silkily walked behind the couch running a finger over the top. This particular Sith Lord was a larger fellow and it was only by sheer happenstance that he had indeed heard of Darth Hamner Alpha; the disgraced Darth, the manipulator, the Darth who placed himself above the needs of the Empire. It was public knowledge the first time Hamner was not only ostracized by the Dark Council, but Darth Marr placed 17 Deathmarks on the Dark Lord’s head. Frowning, as Hamner rounded the couch to sit down appearing to be nonchalant, it bothered him that he was known for all of the bad and none of the good he done for the Empire. Hamner shrugged internally, it wasn’t why he was here; smiling up at the larger Lord in a very wicked seductive way.

“Knowing what you know about me Lord Abbass, I am actually shocked you allowed me to accompany you up to your apartment…” Hamner spoke lowly, the smile ever present. There was a smell, it permeated the air from the moment he crossed the street to get in the other Sith Lord’s presence. The smell followed them both up the lift as the two of them eyed one another strangely. Lord Abbass eyeing Hamner more than just strangely, but curious in a very ‘unfamiliar’ way. It wasn’t fear Hamner was feeling or anger from the other Lord, it was the smell of Lust. And though Hamner did not tend to lean in the direction of other men, he had no reason to not use ‘this’ Lord’s particular proclivities against him. Hamner had to do it. It was the only way he could get close enough to satiate his desire for murder. All men had their weaknesses; Lord Abbass’ weakness was other men.

Playing the role of demure, Hamner crossed his legs leaning forward to grab the glass off the tabletop, he glanced sidelong at the other Lord who watched him with growing interest and desire, his statement having yet been unanswered. Lord Abbass sat down slowly, practically melting into the couch next to Hamner, his own smile growing infectious.

“Well, My Lord…it’s not everyday a ‘famous’ Darth crosses the street to speak to you…” Lord Abbass picked up his own glass raising it slowly as his eyes locked hungrily onto Hamner’s, “…and I seize all opportunity..” The other Lord hazarded a slide slightly toward Hamner as he sat his own glass down after a quick swallow of whatever was in the glass. Laying a hand on Hamner’s knee, it was the first of many slight ‘probes’ into Hamner’s intent, just to see if the willingness was there. Getting no resistance, Lord Abbass slid a bit closer, looking into Hamner’s red-yellow irises, “…all opportunities, My Lord.”

‘Remember why you’re here…’, Hamner thought, ‘…this is a means to an end, to satisfy your lust for…’

“Relax, My Lord…if this is your first time…I promise to make it a memorable experience…”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Tython, 1 week later….

Purposefully, she had the shuttle land her off-site and outside the Master’s Landing. Wanting to walk in, though it was dangerous in some parts of the wild of Tython, Karolin had no fear. It had been sometime since she walked the grounds, even this far out. The land had changed slightly since her previous visits. First, there was the Elan Harbeck affair, which left most of Tython unscathed, except for her own former Temple; an offshoot of the main structure. It was a chance at redemption, one she squandered when she again ran away as she always did.

Now, the wounds on the grounds even this close to the main temple looked fresh. Reconstruction was still going on to some degree after the Empire’s attack and sacking of the Jedi Temple. The Jedi gave as good as they got, regaining their Temple and control over the planet. But, it was not without cost. The air seemed different, the ambiance of the planet seemed to have changed. No longer was Tython all about peace and serenity. There was a purposefulness to the Jedi and the planet now, with a hint of desperation. Desperation to want a return to the serenity that was lost and desperation to try and defeat an enemy that had long since plagued them, the Sith.

As Karolin walked she thought about her time among the Sith at her Sister’s behest. How easy it was for her to transition from Jedi to exile to Jedi again….and then to give herself to the Sith after her defection. Even with all of that in her mind, Karolin had the sense of being ‘home’ though it was not the home she remembered. So much had changed in beautiful Tython just as so much had changed in her.

Getting close to the landing, Karolin stopped, seeing the Jedi Padawans running their daily trials. She hid herself behind a tree to watch them. There was a light in those eyes, a light Karolin lacked for so many years. The cave on Hoth, sitting with her brother and finally holding her sister’s hand; reciting the words the two of them shared as Jedi, Karolin felt that spark again, a piece of the light had brought her home. Stepping out from behind the tree Karolin knew she made the right choice.

“Halt! Who goes there…” The voice was threatening, but at the same time the deep of it held a familiar determination, a determination that only a Jedi could have in their verbiage. Karolin walked a little further forward, her hands out to her side as she smiled. At first she had no idea how she was going to do this. Surrender? Give up? As Karolin heard the voice halt her in her movement behind the tree, Karolin didn’t know what she was going to do until that moment.

Stopping at the foot of the stairs facing the Jedi who halted her, she folded her hands in front of her and bowed slightly. The look on her face was a classic twist on a Jedi who had been through so much in defense of their causes, the Republic's causes and the trials of family. A woman who left the Temple to avenge herself on the Sith for the sake of her slain love and a Jedi who lost that fight to fall to the Dark Side. Karolin had come full circle, as she looked off into the far reaches of Tython before meeting the eyes of the wary Jedi who watched her, she swore she could see Marcus. That figure smiled at her, waved at her and urged her forward. Facing the Jedi, she smiled.

“I am Karolin Barsen’thor Alpha, Former Chief Archivist of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant; Commander of the 6th Fleet of the Republic Expeditionary Forces and…Jedi Master…” Her smile brightened, looking up at the younger Jedi for the first time, “…and I have come home….”

Coruscant, 1 week later….

“Calibrations are complete, Sir…nominal failure of all systems. Genetic programming is holding stable and we have complete reset….”

The table raised up slowly under the light as the scientists milled around adjusting instruments and setting the last phases of the Project to rest. One of them approached the subject on the table opening the person’s eye and peering in with a pin light.

“Looks good…I think we are ready…”

Buzzing loudly the lights went dim a second as the table locked into place with a loud ‘clang’ of gears. RT moved slightly as the resequencing filters flashed dimly overhead. The scientist with the pin light stepped back off the foot of the table gesturing to the technicians controlling the mechanisms.

“Unlock him…”

Re-entering a world after so long a sleep felt like being born and that was the thought that went through RT’s mind as he slowly stepped off the table flexing his fingers. This wasn’t like his last trip to the reconstruction chamber, where he went mad at the scientist’s attempts to reset his program and reconstruct his ravaged body. This time it was voluntary. And as RT turned to look at the scientist with a hopeful smile, the man slapped RT hard on his back handing him a holo-chart.

“Most of the cybernetics are gone. We were able to replace most of your limbs with organic material as well as recalibrate your genetic programming. It’s as close as we can get you to the way you were Major. The Republic owes you that much…”

RT raised a finger at the scientist, his smile fading slightly.

“It’s Mr. Alpha now or just plain RT…not Major…and not Trea’vor…”

That caused an eyebrow to come up from the Doctor who merely shook his head. It had been one standard week since RT’s near death experience on Hoth. It took his entire family, minus his brother Hamner to bring him back from the brink of complete madness. This time RT was not intending on squandering what he’s been given. Tapping the Doctor on the shoulder he moved toward the other side of the room, his legs slightly wobbly, not used to walking on anything other than cybernetics.

“My armor?”, RT asked questioningly looking around at the collected Project officials.

“All of it is in your alcove in the ‘ready room’…” RT started toward the door and as it slid open the Doctor’s question stopped him.

“So what now, RT? Where will you go? You are one of the Republic’s finest weapons…it seems unlikely that they would let you simply just leave the Army.”

Stopping before reaching the door, RT smiled looking at the floor. It had been a question that even he couldn't answer, though he thought about it since waking from his nightmare. 'What now?', he thought. If this was indeed the end of his road, he would be happy to meet it and meet it as he lived, like a hero. Much had changed, RT had humbled himself to the fact that he was again like he started out; alone, nervous and scared. All of it by his doing. Never able to make amends to everyone for what he'd done or forgive his family completely, the only thing he could do was live with it and go out like he planned, by their side and fighting for something; though this time it would be them and not the Republic. Even though the Republic would reap the benefits of his new found loyalty, IF they ever decided to wake up to the fact that something was coming. It wasn't his place to tell them, he was long past that. This time it was his chance to just 'ride the wave' and that's exactly what he was going to do. There was this ONE thing he needed to do, but that was a minor thing, a personal vendetta that was entirely selfish and it could wait.

Placing his hand on the doorframe, RT smiled back at the man. His trip into madness was a rough road, but the return was enlightening. RT had a chance to see parts of his siblings no one else would ever see, he knew their thoughts now, what they were thinking, but most importantly he knew their dreams; Mrysti’s most of all. There was a new enemy on the horizon, one who would need the ‘Republic’s Greatest Weapon’. The problem was, no one seemed to realize that yet. As he thought about what to say, RT raised his fist and clenched it, looking down at the ball of NOW flesh and bone.

“There is always an enemy to fight, Doctor…somewhere…”

Dromund Kass, 1 week later….

Hesitating to key in the entry code, Marstel half expected it to be changed. It had been nearly a month since he been ‘home’. Home, Marstel laughed slightly at the word, he had hardly given the place time to be called ‘Home’ before he took off again. It had cost him, more than his brother’s and sister’s had realized, Marstel had given up much to be with them and help rescue RT. As the door slid open, Marstel only hoped that he had not given up everything.
The place was dim. Smelling around slightly, Marstel could tell ‘she’ had not returned yet. Mai was still out on her mission and Marstel had not bothered to contact her. Instead he opted to try and surprise the love of his life at his arrival. As with all plans, none ever go without change. Turning to go back in the lift and leave, Marstel heard the clearing of a throat behind him. In the doorway, Mai’s longtime caregiver and matriarch stood glaring angrily his direction.

“Just going to leave, huh? She’s not here, so you’re just going to go?!?!”

Marstel stood like a schoolboy under the scrutinizing gaze of the house mistress, she stomped toward him wagging her finger angrily.

“I have a good mind to beat you, Mr. Marstel…the both of you! To think, you young people put so little stock in one another astounds me! This is just as much your ‘home’ as it is hers…I’ve a good mind to make you sleep on…”

The rest of the voice trailed off in Marstel’s mind as the woman continued to berate and yell angrily his direction. ‘Home’, it was the word he focused on and as the older Twi’lek spoke it to him, phrasing it exactly the way he was thinking on his way up to the apartment, he smiled inside. ‘Home’, it was where your heart found a place to rest. And the older woman was right, this was Marstel’s home. Just because Mai was not there, she would be. This was Mai’s home as well. This is where she placed her heart and at some point she would come back to this place and to him. The voice started to get louder as he tuned back into it.

“…and you better wash your hands. My Lady has excellent manners, but I have never been to sure about yours, Mr. Marstel. Are you even listening to anything I said?”

Reaching down, Marstel scooped the old woman up in his arms and carried her from the room with a smile.

“Yes Ma’am, I heard et all…yer gonna beat meh if I don wash ‘fore dinner….an, ya were tellin’ meh…’Welcome Home’….”

Hutta Hyperlane, 1 week later….

Hoping beyond hope that things hadn’t fallen apart while she was away, Mrysti started to punch in the frequency to her compatriot and friend in her endeavor, just to check on things. It had been a busy week, getting RT back on his feet. They all resolved to go single up their affairs before coming to Hutta for a meeting, if they were able. Mrysti was sure RT would come to Hutta, after his reconstruction and something else that he ‘said’ he had to do, but she doubted she would see Marstel or Karolin anytime soon.

As they departed Hoth, Karolin hugged her sister tightly looking up at Mrysti with a light in her eyes she had not seen for a very long time. It was Karolin’s intention to return to Tython, in what Karolin explained was a ‘moral imperative’. Mrysti smiled thinking of her sister’s words, but at the time did not argue. After all, Karolin lacked a ‘home’ and had lacked one for years. For Mrysti, the Sith Empire became her home and despite all of its failings at the end of the day, if everything else went wrong; Mrysti could still have a place to hang her hat if she wanted to. Years passed as her sister drifted, but in that cave on Hoth, Mrysti saw it for the first time in a long time that Karolin was ready.

As for the ‘big guy’, Mrysti knew Marstel was going to follow his heart. And as they held each other’s hand on the landing pad, Marstel smiled at her with a curt nod, his words still echoing in her mind.

“I’m with ya…I always ‘ave been. When ya need meh…I’ll beh there….”

The Comm beeped loudly at the incoming transmission, stopping Mrysti from finishing her input. She keyed the receipt forcefully at who could be contacting her so quickly upon her return to Hutta. The voice that come over the Comm was scrambled, she could barely make it out…

<”….29 Parsecs out of Exo—lots of ships---survive lon---to bring you any---mation. Mrysti…if you are receiving this---out while you and the other---almost unstoppable and so many---They are coming….”>

Quickly, Mrysti tried to run a trace on the transmission, but it was a point to point communication from the Outer Rim. The voice sounded familiar, but being slightly scrambled she could barely make it out. Moving out the pilot’s seat, Mrysti moved to the main Comm system in the ship, running diagnostics over the communication and still coming up empty. Her eyebrow came up slightly, there was a need to get out to the Outer Rim and see what was going on. It had been a week since her dream of V’ictoria and the doomed expedition she was on. Quiet inquiry had left her with no clear answers.

Mrysti went back to the controls angling the ship for entry into Hutta’s atmosphere. Perhaps, Rey could help her with this problem, he did after all have galaxy wide connections. Besides, what’s a fiancé good for if not to help his ‘soon-to-be-bride’. That thought hit her hard as the ship entered Hutta’s atmosphere. ‘Soon-to-be…’, she thought, ‘More like ‘never’ will be if he doesn’t hurry this up…’. If Mrysti’s dreams were any indictation, they both were running out of time for marital bliss.

Mandalorian Space….

This Mandalorian wasn’t known to the landing crews, but his clearances checked out. As the armored warrior walked down the still lowering ramp of the freighter, it didn’t shock the ground crew that this particular Mando didn’t even bother to remove his helmet, in fact most of them didn’t. Moving to the common area of the space station, it was a nowhere place on the edge of Mandalorian and Imperial space, a way station where people stopped before moving on to other destinations. Most were either returning from or going on another mission in support of a cause that this particular Mando knew was no longer even a thought. None of the missions were, not knowing what he knew that in several months, that place as well as most places would be gone.

Settling in, he took a spot at a table not even bothering to order a drink to disguise himself and his intent. This particular ‘Mandalorian’ was waiting on something.

Walking out of the Communications center, Jarrik Hollak was oblivious to the world, secure in the knowledge that he was on a Mandalorian station, in the middle of Mandalorian space. After all, why would he be worried that anyone was stalking him or watching him. He was well respected among all of those whom he worked with and among his clan. It was with some shock as he crossed the commons area and into the bathroom, that he was struck from behind.

Seeing stars, his first instinct, his Mandalorian instinct was to return the hit, to fight back. It was a hard hit, one he had not felt come from any one person before, his thought being perhaps he was hit with an object of some kind. His instincts to fight back took hold, his vision cleared to a figure standing over him; the business end of a Republic made YT-37 ‘Rangefinder’ pistol shoved in his face. Jarrik watched the figure holding the weapon unseal his helmet with the hiss of decompressing air and drop it worthlessly to the ground. He didn’t recognize the light skinned Zabrak holding the pistol at him, but obviously he wanted to talk Otherwise, Jarrik would have been dead already. The pistol charged to fire and Jarrik raised his hands reflexively out of instinct.

“Now hold on friend…what’s this about? Clan dispute? I owe you something?”

Smiling down at Jarrik, the figure who was obscured from Jarrik's vision by the lights overhead spoke evenly, calmly.

“This is not personal…isn’t that what you Mandalorian’s say? It’s just business….?”

Jarrik had to smile at that, so it was a bounty or at least he thought. But, who would want him dead?

“Listen, whoever is paying you to do this…they don’t have my connections. I am well respected in my Clan, you kill me….you have a War on your hands….”

Bending down to a squat, Jerrik got the first really good look at the Zabrak holding the hand cannon. For some reason, the man did look familiar, but he couldn’t place him. Clearing his throat, RT smiled slightly.

“War. It’s coming…just not the way you’re thinking….” Slowly RT started to screw the silencer on the end of the blaster in order to suppress the death he was about to bring, “…now you are most likely thinking at this moment, ‘what did I do?’ or ‘who is this guy?’. That’s not important and know that my killing you is in itself a very petty and selfish act on my part. I am doing this completely out of malice and just because I want you dead….but, yet...I still have no feelings on the matter. My feelings died with her, so in essence Mr. Hollack....this is business....”

Standing up, RT aimed the pistol.

“It’s not your fault Jerrik…she didn’t tell you. You had no way of knowing. But you were involved…and I can’t let that stand. It’s…how do you Mandalorian’s put it? A ‘stain’ on my honor….”

Jerrik’s eyes got big with realization as he suddenly realized who the Zabrak was, he slid back against the wall slightly knowing there was no way to talk himself out of this. Looking down sadly a second, he swallowed before meeting RT's gaze with a resolved stare. If he was going to die, he was going to look this man in the face.

“Just so you know…I loved her, I really….really did….”

Angrily RT fired the suppressed ‘Rangefinder’ hitting Jerrik squarely between the eyes, only the click sound of a power cell being drained could be heard. Bending back down, RT placed his hand on the now dead Mandalorian squeezing it slightly.

“I did too…and it costs us both, My Friend…sleep well….I will see you....and 'her' very soon.”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Imperial Defense Grid, Polis Massa, The Outer Rim…

The Lieutenant wasn’t a recognizable face among the Imperial military personnel at the small outpost. Most passed that off as, ‘It’s a HUGE galaxy and a large military’ mindset; people came and went as the overlords who ran things moved the pieces of their boards around as the War ground on. Officers moved it was a fact of life for most in the Imperial forces. So, it was no surprise to anyone that the new lieutenant arrived. Everyone so used to that fact, no one even bothered to question where he came from or bothered to check any orders. Most were just happy to be stationed on this out of the way outpost on Polis Massa, far away from the actual fighting.

Moving to the Command Center, the lieutenant got a few looks and cautious smiles, especially from the female soldiers. Some had already noticed the lieutenant had a serious demeanor about him. He was a strange sort, there were quirks about him; how he didn't really speak to anyone or stayed in his quarters for extended periods of time. If anyone had bothered to look close enough they would have seen them, no one did. Activating the access to the Command Center the door slid open to the busiest part of the installation. It hummed, beeped and buzzed with the outgoing and incoming comm traffic of an Imperial Military still in the throes of War with the Republic. Though the fighting had died down in recent months due to the Republic’s inability to move forces; the Republic Supreme Chancellor coming under fire for her decisions about Ziost, it was still a War.

The lieutenant attempted to activate a Comm station, little used and out of the way. It was the access for the subspace beacon, a system used to transmit messages into deep space. At the moment the transceiver was being used to monitor a Sith Fleet on maneuvers out in the Vivenda Sector. The station buzzed it’s disapproval at his attempts to access it, which drew a look from the Command Center’s ‘Officer of the Watch’, but he quickly turned back to his own station clicking a few buttons and speaking into his headset. The station buzzed again at the lieutenant’s attempt to access it, this time the Major actually turned completely around in his seat, a look of distain on his face.

“Your Code Cylinder is required…that station is a Code Cylinder access only…for tracking purposes.”, The Major rasied an eyebrow at the Lieutenant, there was no response to his statement as the lieutenant didn’t even turn around to acknowledge he been spoken to. Getting out of his seat the Major annoyingly approached, “Did you hear me, I said that is Code Cylinder access only…are you authorized to access this station. What is your operating number?”

Laying a hand on the lieutenant’s shoulder, the Major attempted to turn the other officer around and as he did so the suppressed sound of a strange energy weapon echoed in the small Command Center, the Major falling dead at the lieutenant’s feet. With no one else in the Command Center at that particular time of the morning, the ‘Lieutentant’ quickly moved over the now dead Major toward the door sealing the Command Center from the rest of the facility. On his way back toward the subspace transceiver, he reached down taking the Major’s code cylinder off his uniform.

Quickly the ‘lieutenant’ plugged the code cylinder into the system, it came to life almost instantly, data codes streaming across the screen as the reflection danced across the lieutenant’s stern features. He began typing quickly realigning the subspace dish on the outside and hitting <send> finally speaking into the system for the first time. There was a strange lit to his accented basic, clearly not an Imperial tinge to his voice.

“Objective secured….”

Elsewhere in the quadrant, several other ‘lieutenant’s’ were securing their own objectives, some Republic, some Imperial. As the man waited for a reply the screen went dark a second, he touched his ear as the subspace transceiver connected him to his own command cell. After a moment, he typed a few more commands and hit <enable>, stepping back and shooting the control panel with his strange energy weapon. Already connected to his command via his hidden earpiece the ‘lieutenant’ went from station to station in the Command Center typing commands in the various systems and loading things systematically into the Imperial network. Just as systematically after doing so the strange lieutenant stepped back and destroyed each station with his weapon finally sitting down at the one panel that was still operational. The control screen blinked at him again reflecting it’s glare off his face as it read <Massa Defense Network>.

Activating the system with the stolen code cylinder, the lieutenatnt began lowering the defense grid of the small Imperial outpost and the hovering defense platforms that surrounded the planet. He touched his ear again, no hint of emotion in his voice as he reported his success to his command.

“Planetary defense system disabled. I am sealed in the Command Center and await retrieval…”

Simultaneously five more planets went dark in the Outer Rim….

Dromund Kaas

Lightly touching the faucet, Hamner began to wash his hands under the cool water. Running from clear to a tint of red, the blood washed off and down the drain as he rubbed them together. Slowly at first, methodically Hamner washed under the water speeding up as he listened to the sound of it run. Finding himself rubbing them together frantically at the end, scrubbing them to remove the last vestiges of the Sith Lord he murdered for no reason other than to satiate his blood lust. The concept of time was lost on him as he rubbed his hands together, until the pain of his frantic movement stopped him. Hamner had drawn his own blood in washing the remnants of the other Sith off of him.

Having followed his Master this time, Sicness; as he was known only by the name which Hamner had given him, stood looking at his Master with an impassive stare. For weeks now, Sicness had watched as his Master descended into madness, this latest kill only a fraction of the atrocity his Master had actually committed and it was Sicness who always went behind and cleaned up the mess. There was an unfailing loyalty to the man who rescued him from execution. And though Sicness personally viewed Hamner as a weak Master and flawed Sith Lord, he was unquestioningly loyal cleaning up the massacres without a question. His arrival was a bit quicker than he anticipated, Sicness believing Hamner would have already departed the area as he had after each and every death, leaving a trail of blood behind him.

Looking at Sicness annoyingly, Hamner picked up a towel from the counter rubbing his bloodied hands on it before stepping past Sicness and moving to the other room. Unmoving, Sicness didn’t bother to follow awaiting the words of distain he knew would come from Hamner.

“I do not require your presence at this time, Sicness. I have this situation under control…you may go…”

This time, Sicness did not move. His back was still to Hamner as he began speaking in his low sinister voice, his face deep within the hood of his robe.

“Master, I have never questioned your madness. I realize how painful all of this must be for you, that you must seek new ways to express and vent your anger…”, Sicness turned slowly, his hooded gaze casting itself across the room toward Hamner, “…but this time Master, you have stepped across the line.”

That drew an angry glare from Hamner who was so used to Sicness’ unquestioning loyalty, he didn’t bother to think Sicness could be speaking from a position of concern, rather believing the words were simple insubordination. Lashing out, Hamner moved back over toward Sicness, the towel still soaking up his own blood from having scrubbed his hands raw.

“Who are you to question me?!?! That simple act of defiance will end you, Sicness…I could very easily—“

Without a word, Sicness drew a datacard from the folds of his robe holding it up. The act stopped Hamner's advancement toward him as Sicness placed the card lightly on the counter stepping back from it before speaking.

“This Sith Lord was detailed by High Command. He was to take an Imperial Dreadnaught to the Outer Rim on a scouting mission. That mission leaves in less than 36 hours…” Sicness looked over at the carnage of the massacred Sith Lord, still lying in his own blood on the couch. Streaks of the man decorated the walls as Hamner had reveled in tearing the man apart with his bare hands. It was a gruesome scene, but Sicness was unaffected. As far as a ‘Hamner’ murder scene it was tame compared to some of the others he had seen and also cleaned for his Master, “…obviously, Master, this Sith is not going to meet his mission time.”

Hamner’s face went a bit paler as he walked slowly to the counter picking up the datacard. He tapped it nervously on his hand as he dropped the towel to the floor, Sicness reaching down to pick it up without a thought, so used to cleaning up messes. Pointing the card at Sicness, Hamner’s face twisted in anger as he attempted to look into the dark hood at his minions face.

“So you have looked at this card, you have seen the orders?”

The hood nodded a ‘yes’ as Sicness continued to stare off into oblivion, his thoughts his own as Hamner tried to process what he had done. By killing this particular Sith, Hamner was sure to be discovered now, he knew that. Mind racing, his only thought was escape like he had done so many times before, to flee, to run away and reinvent himself again. It was all consuming as Hamner looked away, Sicness knew his Master’s thoughts. Not only did he know his Master’s thoughts he had witnessed Hamner’s reaction to defeat time and time again. The running away, the never facing up to what he had done. It was such weakness, if Hamner was anyone else Sicness would have terminated him long ago. But, a vow was a vow and it was something the ‘Pureblood’ race took very seriously. Honor above all else was important to a Pureblood and Sicness had given his word. Sicness would serve Hamner, come death or anything else, Sicness would serve.

On occasion, Sicness would give Hamner a slight push if he could see his Master’s thought process turning him a direction that was ‘untenable’. In this case, there was nowhere to run. This time Hamner had left a clear trail of bodies that would lead directly to him. From the Sith inquisitor he murdered in his own apartment, to his next door neighbor, to now a Sith in a complex only a block away; you didn’t have to be a brilliant investigator to put this all together. In fact, you didn’t even have to be a ‘good’ investigator. Hamner was finished, so it was with little hesitation that Sicness moved toward his Master offering his words this time without any doubt as to how they would be taken.

“There is a way out.”

Looking up Hamner’s face had grown paler as he considered what he would do. In his mind he already had the beginnings of an escape planned out, but he looked at Sicness with hopefulness. Hamner may have been completely insane, but he was not stupid. He knew he was caught no matter which way he turned. Raising an eyebrow, Hamner was very interested in what his minion had to say, Sicness so rarely offered any words or ideas to him if it was not completely hopeless.

“And? That would be?”

“You are a Dark Lord of the Sith, My Lord…A Darth in the Order. You could assume this Sith Lord’s assignment. He was only a Lord, who would question a Darth if they were to show up on the Dreadnaught unannounced and tell the military that you were taking charge of this assignment? I have reviewed the orders, they are standard military issue, there is no reporting code on them. It as if the orders were processed completely automated….”, Hamner looked at Sicness questioningly, not really understanding all of it. Sicness finally lowered the hood looking at his Master through his own red/yellow orbs, “…in other words Master, you have no one to report to for this assignment. You go on the mission, catalog your data and return to Kaas.”

Moving around the room, Sicness began picking up bits of the struggle between his Master and the now lifeless Sith Lord, setting a table back up right and looking around for something to start throwing things away in. The words started to sink in as Hamner smiled wickedly to himself. It was a bold plan, but it did not answer what he would do when he returned to Kaas. Sicness answered that question before his Master even asked it.

“I will have all of this cleaned up by the time you return, Master. There will be no issues…”

Picking up his robe off the couch, Hamner shook it out before donning it and looking at Sicness. It was a look of sympathy and ‘thanks’ for the idea given to him, though Hamner would never lower himself to actually utter those words to Sicness. Instead he smiled weakly before turning toward the door and touching the pad to open the access. Sicness' words followed him out as Hamner stepped into the hallway.

“Before you leave the system and head to the Outer Rim, you should contact your sister, Master. There are some developments in her ‘situation’ on Hutta which could prove to further cloak your reasons for taking this ‘assignment’. Good luck, Master.”

Again, Hamner gave Sicness a questioning look before the door slid closed to Sicness already moving about and cleaning up the mess he made. ‘Developments?’, Hamner thought, ‘What could that possibly have to do with my going to the Outer Rim?’ The carnage already forgotten, Hamner set off toward the outside and the spaceport. He would assume this Sith Lord’s role, he would go to the Outer Rim on this little mission and return to have all of this forgotten. Sicness would do that, he always did that. Along the way he would pay his sister a visit on Hutta and see what Sicness was going on about. Sicness not ever saying anything not worth looking into, if it was important enough to mention it, it was important enough that Hamner would contact Mrysti.

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Subterrel, The Minos Sector – The Outer Rim

Leaving Hutta was bitter sweet, it was the only time in recent memory that Hamner could remember having a decent visit with any of his siblings. Hamner and his brother, who had been his biggest rival growing up actually got along for once as they laughed together. The few days wore on and Hamner expressed his distress and sorrow at RT having lost his wife to all of their folly. It was his intention to lay blame where it was deserved and put it squarely on his sister, Mrysti. However, the visit went so well, Hamner was at peace enough to just say ‘Sorry’ and leave the rest alone.

RT went on to tell Hamner how he had descended into madness and that his only way out had been the rest of their siblings. At the end of it, RT admitted to thinking of Hamner and wondering where he was or if he was ok. There had been a time, when RT was in charge of the family that even at their worst, RT still cared for all of them, Hamner included. When it was Hamner’s turn to deal, he told his brother about all of the madness he was going through of late, as well as how he came about getting onboard the Imperial Dreadnaught.

Also toward the end, Hamner admitted to RT that he indeed had arranged for his fiancés death as well as that of her sister Kat, the woman who had grown so close to his brother Marstel. It was with a bit of shock that RT listened to it all, but not disbelief. For long periods, RT had pondered over Hamner’s treacherous nature and knew his brother was capable of unspeakable acts of savagery some of which he seen firsthand when he faced his brother on Bilringhi.

All of that was behind the two of them, it was just two brothers talking. They avoided the really terrible stuff that would have brought the both of them to blows with one another, instead recollecting on happier times, of which there were few. Both men held one another responsible for things, too many things to possibly bring up or apologize for in one sitting, but both resolved that at some point they would actually sit down and hash all of it out. It was necessary for them in order to move forward for the good of the family.

As they departed one another, RT grabbed his brother, hugged him and said, “Even though you don’t believe it….you are never far from my thoughts. See you when you return.”

It didn’t take much for Mrysti to instruct Hamner on what they looking for as she laid out all of the dreams and visions she had over the course of the previous few months. Hamner listened intently, but still held skepticism. Never fully understanding or comprehending the ability that Mrysti and Karolin had, Hamner still acknowledged his sister’s words, promised not to take any chances and to return in one piece. It was also a bittersweet departure between the two of them as for the first time Hamner apologized for the accident which literally created the woman standing before him. The accident which created the Sith Lord that was Mrysti Alpha. Mrysti of course shrugged it off, hugging her brother and saying, “Where would we be today if it HADN’T happened? It could only happen the way it did because it was meant to…I don’t blame you and I haven’t for a long time.”

With surprise at both of his siblings, Hamner departed for the Outer Rim. Slightly surprised at how much the both of them had literally grown up and learned to forgive. It was one of the things that made Hamner so adversarial toward his brother’s and sister’s, their inability to forgive. It made Hamner a target always and having that painted on you for so many years would make anyone an adversary. Hamner considered those facts and decided upon his return, perhaps it was time for him to grow up as well.

Getting up from the Command Deck, Hamner walked to the forward viewport folding his hands behind him as he looked out. It looked quiet, too quiet. It matched the signals they had received on the way through the Hydian Way Hyperlane, which was none. Hamner looked down at the Communications Officer, his brow furrowed.

“Contact our forces on Subterrel and Polis Massa, let them know we are in the area and send their Command my compliments….” Turning Hamner walked back toward the chair as the ships’s Military equivalent came toward him, folding his hands in a similar fashion to stand beside Hamner as he sat. There was a fondness for the man that Hamner had picked up in the short time he was on the ship. A Chiss; the Captian’s actual name was nigh unpronounceable by Hamner, but it had the word ‘Hal’ in the middle of the long phrase that was separated by a few hyphens. As the Captain of the ‘Destiny’ ‘Hal’ was not a man of many words. Like most Chiss he was methodical and calculating. Hamner could tell that when he spoke it was always a planned exercise and it had little to do with Hamner being a Sith. That fact didn’t seem to bother ‘Hal’ at all. So as the Captain came to rest standing next to Hamner, he looked up and smiled his direction awaiting his words.

“I would suggest caution, My Lord. Breaking transmission silence without having a visual could allow a potential enemy to zero in on our location.”

Though Hamner appreciated the Captain’s caution, it was not his nature or his way of dealing with things. But, he acknowledged the recommendation, slapping the man on his back playfully as he looked down at the monitors. ‘Hal’ seemed to take the pat on the back in stride as he gave no response, looking instead to the same monitors Hamner was watching.

“We have detected nothing in this sector that would warrant any caution.” Raising an eyebrow, Hamner looked at the Comm officer again, “Anything?”

There was slight anxiousness from the crew at having no response from any outpost, the silence from the sector was almost deafening to everyone on board the ‘Destiny’ as the rumors abounded. Hamner believed none of it, sticking to the game plan. Though slightly rushed, there was new excitement behind his eyes. For the first time in a long time, Hamner was anxious to get the mission over with so he could report back and see his sister and his brother again. Even before leaving Hutta, Hamner had decided that he was going to join Mrysti and RT on Hutta and help with the ‘Coalition’ if for no other reason than to just be close to them.

The warship came out of nowhere, it’s shadow dimming the lights on the bridge as it loomed over the forward viewport. Hamner rose from his chair slowly, the ship unrecognizable to him as he looked out the port.

“Raise the shiel—“

Explosions rocked the Dreadnaught as the strange warship opened fire on the ‘Destiny’ without warning. Klaxons blared as most of the bridge crew were knocked from their stations, the bridge exploding in flames and smoke. Hamner was knocked to the floor as was the Ship’s Captain, both looking at one another before ‘Hal’ jumped to the Damage Control console. His face grim he looked back at Hamner who watched him expectantly.

“Deflector array is out…engines are not responding. Minimal life-support. We have lost most of our external systems….”

Walking to the forward viewport, Hamner watched as the enemy battleship of such a strange design continued to fire on his ship. The Dreadnaught rocked again from internal explosions. He looked over at the Captain and smiled warmly, “That’s it then…” Sticking out his hand he grasped the Chiss’ hand shaking it firmly, “It’s been an honor…”

‘Hal’ looked at Hamner in a state of disbelief, as Hamner clasped his hands behind his back. Wanting to say something, the Chiss Captain moved up to stand beside the Sith Lord looking out the forward viewport. The bridge exploded again, vents opened up as steam began to fill the bridge and cracks began to show in the forward viewport. Hamner looked over at the Captain.

“Get your men off the ship….” He grasped the Captain by his tunic, pulling him close. “If you survive this, you will go to Hutta and you will warn my sister about what’s out here. Tell her not to come to the Outer Rim with anything less than an Imperial Battle group!! Warn the others…”

Hamner released the Chiss harshly as he turned back to the forward viewport, looking out at the inevitable. Honor among the Chiss to their superiors was legendary and the Captain having already prepared himself to stay did not move. Hamner spoke without turning around, already expecting that the Captain would attempt to stay despite what Hamner told him.

“I am relieving you of Command Captain, the ship is mine….this was my doing and I will take full responsibility as I am prepared to meet my Destiny.” He turned and looked over his shoulder with a smile, “…after all, a Commander’s place is on the bridge of ‘his’ ship….”

‘Hal’ smiled back as he nodded to the Sith. In the short time they were together, the Captain had found little to like about Darth Hamner Alpha. In fact throughout his service to the Sith Empire, he found little to like about any Sith at all. In this last act, Hamner was not only redeeming himself in the Captain’s eyes, Hamner was redeeming himself from a life of atrocity and evil works. By relieving the Captain, Hamner was also acknowledging the Chiss' dedication to duty. The Captain would never leave willingly, but being relieved, he was now free to go. ‘Hal’ nodded his thanks and very uncharacteristically squeezed the shoulder of the man who had just saved his life and the lives of those few who remained.

Stopping to sound ‘Abandon ship’, the Captain took one last look at Hamner before departing the bridge. The Sith Lord seemed at peace with his hands folded behind his back, standing among the ruins of the bridge, all of it exploding around him.

One by one the escape shuttles left the ‘Destiny’ to the view of the crew who was left to watch it. The Dreadnaught took a turn, seemingly under a strange power. Veering right for the strange battleship it seemed to be on a collision course.

Closing his eyes and channeling the Force, Hamner moved the ship. It had been years since he called on the power of the Light of the Force, having left it behind the day he and Mrysti left the Jedi Temple to defect to the Empire. It flowed through him in a way he could not explain, traveling on the thoughts and feelings he had as he left Hutta the last time. His eyes became wet with the thought of how much he admired all of them, all of his siblings. And the Force continued to flow, ebbing around the ship and veering it straight toward the enemy battleship. And as one ship met another and Hamner joined with the Force, he finally felt peace; a peace he had never in his life experienced. It was rapturous in a way he could not comprehend, knowing that everything would work out, that all would be ok.

The crew watched the Dreadnaught exploded on impact, colliding with the battleship as both ships crumpled together momentarily before the larger ship succumbed to the impact of the Imperial vessel. As the crew entered the hyperlane, preparing to exit the Outer Rim, the battleship exploded in a massive fireball the pieces of both ships flaring and going silent just as quickly in the vacuum of space.

((Salute! Goodbye my friend, you will live on in the stories forever...))

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Utapau, The Outer Rim – 22 Hours after the Communications Blackout

The heat and ultraviolet rays caused most of the denizens of Utapau to live in caves or what they called ‘Hollows’; huge bored out pits nearly as deep as a Coruscant Skyscraper. The ‘Hollows’ were also as intricate as a skyrise as well, holding all of the technological, business and social structure needed to continue life away from the sun’s harmful rays. That didn’t seem to matter to the strange beings as the drop ships descended from the strange looking carriers which hovered in the atmosphere.

Having already bombarded the planetary defense grid, which in itself was a fruitless gesture, the grid had been down for over 22 hours; the strange armored beings landed and disembarked forming a cordon of sorts. Their masses formed into a very rigid formation, none of the Utapauan’s approached them, but simply watched. The Gold armored warriors seemed to be waiting on something as they all turned away facing in toward one another, the Cordon stretching to the inside and out of the sunlight. After a long while a lone shuttle appeared, the first movement from the armored beings took place as they all came to a semi-rigid position of attention.

The ramp of the strange shuttle lowered to the approaching steps of two individuals, one dressed in black, the other in white. Though their armoring were the same, they wore opposite colors. They stopped at the foot of the shuttle looking at one another a second before walking toward the lone Utapauan that stood at the very center of the cordon, his eyes cast low. As the white and black armored individuals approached, the Utapauan looked up and then down again in a very formal bow, his words nearly unintelligible from how deep he was in the knee.

“On behalf of the Utapau people, we surrender…there is no need for further violence.”, the Utapau Governor looked up and noticed both of the two men had lightsabers, the one dressed in white carried his in his hand while the other had his still clipped to his belt. The Governor also noticed quickly before averting his eyes as to remain humbled, that the two men were twins. The one in white spoke eloquently with a slight tinge of annoyance in his voice.

“The Zakuul Empire claims this planet and all of its assets. Your lives are now forfeit to us…serve and you will be allowed to live. Resist and you will fall. From this moment forward, you have nothing. Only our Will allows your continued existence…”

Though unknown to the Governor due to the communications blackout, Utapau was spared out of the other planets conquered by the Zakuul that day. The New Empire’s need for resources overriding its need to liquidate the inhabitants. As the Governor watched, the two brothers moved aside to converse with one another, only the words of the brother dressed in black were able to be heard.

“There was light resistance from the other planets and only that lone ship that entered the sector after we started our landing. If this is all the galaxy has to offer, we will be done in a month. Father will be pleased…”

Dromund Kaas

There was no better way to spend a Saturday. Mai’s homecoming had been epic to say the least and more than he could have hoped for. Coming home nearly a week prior, Marstel had endured the endless rants of Broni, the caregiver and caretaker for Mai, who lived in the house and had been there after he departed and Mai finally left to go on her mission. There was much disagreement as to how Marstel had left Mai and it caused no end of Holo-net friction between himself and Mai as the two of them messaged each other. Broni was there for it all and her endless rants had begun to wear on Marstel.

It was with much relief that Mai suddenly appeared, unannounced. Marstel wasn’t sure if it was Mai’s intent to surprise him or not, but in his mind, due to all of Broni’s ranting at him over how he left Mai, Marstel was prepared for a fight. But, as she dropped everything at the doorway running into his arms and throwing herself on top of him, Marstel knew that wasn’t going to happen.

They made love in practically every room of the house as they moved slowly back toward Mai’s bedroom. The need to stop and have one another causing quite the delay in getting to their destination. Looking over, Mai’s magenta hair cascaded over Marstel's arm she laid snuggled on, he reached over and stroked her hair with his other hand. She had finally went to sleep. Marstel had to admit that he was glad she finally did, he was beginning to get tired. Mai being a Sith only part of the problem as they have insatiable desires. But, Mai’s desire for everything ‘Marstel’ being the other part. They never seemed to get enough of one another, time just seemed to stop when they were together. It happened on Alderaan too often and nearly cost both of them their lives. Marstel chuckled slightly at that thought thinking about the lake and skinny dipping in the sights of those snipers. It wasn’t funny at the time, but looking back he had to laugh.

‘At least they let us make love before they tried to kill us’, he thought.

Mai’s homecoming wasn’t all happiness though, they did take the momentary breath to talk and hold one another. Conversations Marstel desperately wanted to avoid inevitably happened. Understandably, Mai was curious as to the ‘going’s on’ of his family, she wanted to know what had taken him away so quickly before he could say goodbye. As much as he tried to avoid it, in the end Marstel just blurted it out telling her nearly everything. Nearly, because there were something's that even she would not understand. It was difficult for a man who could not lie or as was Marstel’s case, was terrible at it.

Mai was confused as he told her that he would have to go again, she wrapped her arms around his massive waist and squeezed as best she could, telling him to take her with him. As much as he wanted to, he now knew the future thanks to his sister’s annoying ability at having visions. Even though Marstel could say 'yes' and try to take Mai with him, in the end she too would be called away and her devotion to duty as well as her need to preserve history would cause her to leave as well. As he explained, it was a concept she wouldn’t understand and a concept that Marstel himself barely understood. But he believed it, he believed it now more than anything else. So as the Holo-comm chimed and Marstel carefully reached over to answer it without waking up Mai; the grave look on the image of Marstel’s brother told him, he would have to leave again. And it would be soon.

Hutta

It was simply an untenable situation, Mrysti was beating herself up over the whole affair. Sitting at the bar, she was drinking heavily avoiding almost everyone. As her brother got up to leave, not able to sit and watch his sister’s continued self loathing; RT clasped her shoulder. Mrysti turned to look at him with a wicked glare.

“You can continue to say, ‘I should have gone’ or ‘It should have been me’ all you want, Mrysti. If you had gone, you would be dead too. What is it you always say, it only happened the way it could have because it was meant to?”

Tipping the glass back, Mrysti didn’t respond reaching back just to squeeze her brother’s hand before he let it slip off her shoulder walking away. She knew where he was going, he had a Holo-call to make and the last of them to inform that Hamner was gone. Nearly tipping the bottle over as she reached for it, she re-filled the glass. Still dressed in her armor, Mrysti ran her hand down a leg wiping the dust of the Arena off of it. Her thoughts ranged from taking her own ship out to the Outer Rim to wishing her sister was there so they could get ‘into’ something as to distract herself. There was too much at stake and as much as she wanted to throw caution to the wind and jet off to the Outer Rim on her own, she had the rest of the ‘Coalition’ to consider. Getting up from her stool, she flipped a credit chit to the tender at the Hutt bar and meandered off toward her quarters. At the very least she could change and then perhaps go out and get lost a while. Anything to distract herself.

Opening her wardrobe, Mrysti began the long process of removing her armor and soon found herself putting on her ‘club’ clothes. It seemed she was unconsciously dressing for something her body wanted to do, but her heart wasn’t really in it. As she lifted a leg to pull up the sheer stockings attaching them to the garter around her waist the door to her quarters slid open. Initially, she smiled at the person standing there, then realized she was still annoyed at him. Reymont just smiled as he leaned against the doorframe folding his arms over his chest.

“Your either going out or you knew I was coming dressed like that….”

Mrysti put her leg down hard on the ground looking around for her shoes as she ignored the comment. Ordinarily Mrysti would have given a smart reply to Reymont saying something like that, but she didn’t have the strength and just ignored him. Reymont stepped into the room and glanced down at her hand as the door slid shut behind him. Mrysti had taken her ring off, his face lost the smile.

“Ok, so what did I do this time?!?!”

In her heart, Mrysti knew it was over. Reymont was simply never there. Upon her return to the Palace before her brother departed for the Outer Rim, Mrysti really needed him. Again, he wasn’t there. In anger Mrysti had taken the ring off, but as she stood up and looked at him angrily, she realized she was not going to put it on again. Of course, she was in love with Reymont, he was the only man in her entire life that made her feel alive and actually worth something. Reymont understood her on an entirely different level, he never judged. Even knowing everything Mrysti had done, Reymont loved her for who she was and not what she was. It had kept them going for a long time, but now it just wasn’t enough.

Still too tired to even say anything, she brushed past him and walked out. There was no need for words, he had to know that his constant absence was wearing on her. And now with the death of her brother, instead of turning to have him hold her or lend a shoulder to cry on, Mrysti was hugging a bottle instead. She had enough, life was literally too short to go on that way. As she brushed past him, Reymont called out angrily.

“What?!?! You’re not even going to say anything!”

It was her plan to keep walking, let Rey get the hint that ‘No’ she wasn’t going to say anything. But, her emotional state was just too high. Tears that she held in at the lost of her brother and tears she held for weeks and even months on end as she dealt with everything in Rey’s absence started to flow. Mrysti turned around angrily, not even bother to wipe her face.

“What do you want me to say, Rey? It’s over…you have your life. Go live it!! And leave me the ‘Kriff’ alone!!”

Rey moved quickly grabbing her arm and twisting Mrysti toward him as she tried to turn away. She looked up at the ceiling as she was turned, not wanting to look him in the eye for fear of backing down.

“So, that’s it then…you just ditch me like yesterday’s Holo-novel?!?!”

Jerking her arm out of his hand, Mrysti finally met his gaze putting a finger in his chest. Though she wanted to be angry and simply tear him apart, she couldn’t. Mrysti still loved him too much.

“YOU are never here…not when I need you. And I needed you today, Rey…I needed someone I could lean on and support me. Especially after…”

Mrysti let her words drift off, she wasn’t going to say it. It made no difference if she told Rey her brother had been killed and that she felt responsible. Her mind was made up. Rounding the corner, she headed to the lift and up to her private level. Now she just wanted to be alone, the need to go to the club all but gone now. Rey followed and as the lift closed Mrysti glared at him before he could get on the same lift with her.

“Go the ‘Kriff’ away, Rey! Just leave me alone!”

Sitting on the couch as Rey entered, Mrysti turned her back to him. Rey sat anyway, but kept his distance. As he spoke she dipped her head, not wanting to hear the words.

“No one loves you like I do. You know that. Who was there when you nearly died on Tatooine?!?! Me!! Who rescued you on Coruscant?? Me! Who sacrificed and gave so that you could never want for anything??? Me! Do you even have a clue why I work so hard? It’s to give you the life you deserve, Mrysti.”

Mrysti listened and finally shook her head getting up from the couch slowly. Tears started flowing again as she started to walk to the other room, looking back at Rey before she disappeared.

“None of that matters if you’re not here. I don’t need ‘things’. I don’t need sacrifice. I need you. And you have never quite gotten that, Rey…” Entering the room, Mrysti already decided that if he came in, she was going to do it. That she would say goodbye, but with the caveat....if after all this was over and they both survived, she would give it another chance. But, it was not possible right now, not with everything that was going on. She loved him more than anything the thought of letting him go was eating at her as she looked at the doorway hopefully.

"Don't you walk away from me...Mrysti!!!"

Rey was having a difficult time letting go and as Mrysti got up off the couch walking to the other room, he stood up looking down at the floor, running his fingers through his hair with a sigh. His first thought was to say, 'Kriff it!!! And kriff her...', but he couldn't, he simply loved her too much. It was strange for Rey, a man who loved nothing, never got attached to anything for fear of losing it. That was the way he had trained himself, never get attached and you never have to feel the pain of loss. Only once in his life had he ever let that happen, it was a hard lesson and one he took to heart. Yet as he looked at the doorway Mrysti disappeared behind, he was doing it again.

Clenching his teeth, Rey balled his fists and walked purposefully toward the doorway. 'Damn her! Damn that woman!', he thought, and he was about to voice those thoughts but stopped cold seeing her.

"Listen to me! You are not going anywhere. We have been through too damn much for you to jus--"

The look could have melted a glacier, instead Mrysti only wanted to melt Rey; the only object of her desire. Running her hand up her thigh, lighting sparked from her fingertips, running up the back of her thigh and under the short skirt she wore. It coursed up her back and caressed her neck as she lightly held the remainder of the top she wore in her hand before dropping it to the floor. Eyes flashing with a passion meant only for Rey, she smiled wryly at him, speaking low and soft. The voice was haunting in the dim room and it made her smile even more when she saw the look on his face. Many times she had given herself to him instead of taking. Rey was one of the few men whom ever had that privilege.

"Before we say goodbye....Rey, just tell me you love me..."

A man, born of violence, gaining wealth and power along the way; Rey was not prone to overt acts of surprise or emotion, but seeing Mrysti standing there her desire for him leaking from every pore in her body made him shutter. Rey placed his hand to his mouth unable to speak as Mrysti dropped the other hand to her thigh caressing it.

"Tell me you want me, Rey...that you have always wanted me. Tell me that no matter what happens, you will come for me...that you will find me whether it's in this life....or the next....", Mrysti turned slowly to face him, "Do that for me, Rey. Give me one last night, Baby...before everything goes away..."

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Silken Asteroids – The Outer Rim

As the small fleet dropped out of hyperspace close to the first cloister that was the Silken Asteroid body, it looked like a hodge-podge of various vessels. Looking in from the outside, no one would be able to detect an allegiance to any side or faction; it was a collection of Imperial, Republic and Civilian vessels. In De-facto command of the mission, Mrysti had instructed all of the Captains to maintain transmission silence after leaving the Rimma Hyperlane. From Sullust, the small fleet planned a series of hyperspace jumps resulting in approximately 37 different individual launches. No one could have plotted their trajectory, not that anyone would have followed. That was not the reasoning behind her dropping the Hyperlane. Mrysti was still convinced the best way to approach the ‘dark’ planets was to approach under their impulse power and travel under normal space from the Silken Asteroid field. Dropping out of the hyperlane was dangerous. As a known path, the nav-computers automatically plotted easy coordinates moving quickly from one end of the galaxy to another, but having to plot individual hyperspace jumps was more taxing and took a longer time to compute. In all, the trip had already gone for three days.

“RT, open an encrypted channel to the other ships. Burst communications only and send this message: ‘Low power scans only…report any detection or any readings and transmissions. We are looking for a start point’…” Mrysti stepped down out of the Command Chair of the Dreadnaught borrowed from one of their ‘Coalition’ allies. The group was growing and there were surprisingly more than enough volunteers to go on this mission than Mrysti was comfortable with. As they departed Hutta, she had to convince people to stay. There had to be someone left behind in case their mission to the Outer Rim ended like her brother’s, in death. RT worked the communication console deftly, finally turning to look at his sister.

“Transmission on burst pattern at thirty cycles…transmission acknowledged by all vessels. All are in station keeping outside of the asteroid field…”

Now it became a dangerous waiting game. Vulnerable while they sat outside the asteroid field, Mrysti was confident in the spot she chosen. Even an alien race bent on the galaxies subjugation had to understand asteroids. No one came near them and the effects of spinning planetoids always played havoc with any ship’s systems. Even if they were from another galaxy.

Dromund Kaas

This time, Marstel waited patiently for Mai to return from her errands with Broni. Standing in the ‘tech room’ as he liked to refer to it, Marstel tracked the ‘Coalition’ fleet until they made Sullust. After that, they dropped out of tracking range, as far as the server based systems were concerned. In reality, Marstel could only track the transponders of the Imperial contingent of the fleet, it was an Imperial system he was using after all, the other ships on civilian or Republic transponders not showing up. Mrysti was not targeting them and they sent no telemetry back to the servers identifying them as friend or foe. But he knew they were out there, before they left Mrysti sent Marstel a detailed breakdown of exactly what was headed with her to the Outer Rim. As Marstel once again looked over the count, he knew it was not enough if a serious ‘scuffle’ ensued. And that worried him, in light of what happened to their brother.

Four Dreadnaughts, two Imperial, two Republic; a Civilian freighter rearmed with enough firepower that it too was in a Dreadnaught class. Several civilian ‘augmented’ yachts and a couple of personal Corvettes. Marstel frowned, nothing in a Capital class was in the group. And even though Mrysti told Marstel the offer was out there from several ‘Coalition’ allies; she simply didn’t want to risk something as valuable as a capital ship in what she considered another scouting mission. Besides the exposure, should anything happen, the loss of a Capital class ship would definitely shine the light on their little ‘Coalition’. In Marstel’s estimation that wasn’t a bad thing. It was time the galaxy woke up as far as he was concerned. Never overly emotional about many things, the death of his brother had him on the line. There were two things in the galaxy Marstel cared about and as the little voice behind him spoke up to get his attention; one of them had just walked through the door.

Mai watched as Marstel moved his hands over the Holo-imager’s controls. The galaxy spun and zoned in on different directions filling the room with its blue hazy field. She frowned of course, the moment he spoke of not a few days prior had finally come and she could feel it in the pit of her stomach moving up close to him and wrapping her arms around his waist. Mai didn’t bother with the useless, instead asking the question; the only question that mattered. She already knew why Marstel was in the room and who he was watching on the Holo.

“When?”

Tython

It wasn’t on purpose, but Karolin took the stairs opposite the Archive. Glancing over at the other staircase as she ascended the one on the opposite side. The Archive held a lot of fond and painful memories for her. It was where she grew up, fell and ultimately dropped off the ledge of finally becoming a complete exile to everything she knew and loved. Stopping at the top of those opposite stairs, she watched the Padawans move in and out carrying various tomes of knowledge and data. It was the heart of the Temple. And at Karolin’s core, it was the Heart of her as well.

Coming up behind his Mother, Beta had given her a wide berth on her return to the Temple. Elated by the fact that his Mother had decided to return to the Jedi, Beta had not spoken to his Mother since the family break-down and her ascension to the head of the house. But, he watched and kept up. Becoming the glue that kept members of the family who refused to speak to one another in communication, Beta had become the ‘go-between’ for RT and Porchia. In doing so, he also kept up with his Mother and his Aunt Mrysti. He knew there had been a reconciliation between them and they were involved in something large together. Beta didn’t ask questions content in his role and aware that if his Mother wanted to tell him, she would. Secretly, Beta had met with Master Loron and spoke to him about his Mother before the two of them had even met that first time. Telling Master Loron a little of the history behind his Mother, Beta was shocked to find out that Loron had already done his homework. It was a fact that made Beta feel even better about Loron, that…and he had volunteered to ‘Mentor’ the former Master. Loron was a kindred spirit and Beta found in him a friend, not just an aged Jedi Master. He knew Karolin would take to him just as he had.

“Credit for your thoughts, Mother?”

Turning around with a smile brighter than even Beta could remember, Karolin hugged her adopted Son and quickly put on a faux frown.

“I have been here for almost two weeks, should I be offended that my only Son doesn’t come to check on his old, decrepit Mother?”

At age 40, Karolin was hardly ‘decrepit’. She still had the body of a twenty year old, even with the mask she placed around herself in the Force, hiding her dark sided features. Returning to the Temple had breathed new life into her as Karolin had started some of her old routines again. Working out in the mornings for two hours, meditating shortly thereafter; Karolin was looking younger and more refreshed than she ever had. Though she had begun some of her old routines, as she glanced across the stairs quickly before looking back at her Son, Beta realized she hadn’t re-started all of her habits.

“Still haven’t gone in there, huh? Is there something you need for me to get for you? I can bring it to your quarters…”

The Archive had been the center of Karolin’s universe for as long as Beta could remember. Most everything that had to do with who she was, was in that Archive. Karolin had lost true love in that Archive, she fell in that Archive and it was the Archive that set her on a collision course with the Jedi not so many years ago. So, Beta knew it was hard. His Mother had a thirst for knowledge; it was her gift from the Alpha Project, enhanced intellect and wisdom. Karolin’s mind constantly hungered and when she couldn’t feed it, the mind led her to other things to distract herself. Though now in the Jedi Temple it was meditation and workout regimes. Karolin shook her head, looking down.

“No…I’m fine Beta, really…”, She took her Son’s arm softly, looping her arm through it, “I hear that you are to be made a Master again? That’s good news…do you think my return had anything to do with that?” She smiled jokingly as she asked the question. Beta was a lead Jedi Investigator. Though it was not what he was trained for, his abilities on many occasions led him that direction and finally the Council saw it too. It was indeed the Will of the Force and as he clasped his hand over his Mother’s looped arm, they began to walk. Laughing at her comment he flicked his Lekku in mocking gesture toward her.

“Not good enough to do it on my own? Mother…you think so little of me.”

As they walked and conversed light-heartedly, Karolin grew sad. Her thoughts drifting to visions and things she been told. Upon her return and in her meditations, Karolin’s powers of foresight had begun to reemerge. She was seeing some of the same things her sister was seeing now. Looking at Beta as he talked, she began to realize that sooner or later, she would have to tell Beta the real reason she came back. That her sole purpose in being there was to regain her power so that she could die in service to not only the family, but the galaxy at large. Beta would resist her words and Karolin knew that once she told him, he would want to join her. And that was the sole reason she kept it from him. Beta WAS her legacy. And if she was to go, someone had to remain to tell the tale.

Tatooine

The Holo-comm continued to beep and blink green indicating a saved message. As Porchia picked it up excitedly, almost sure it was from the guy she was going on a date with in a few hours, she frowned reading the transmitter’s frequency. Porchia threw the Holo-comm against the wall, shattering it. Earlier that day she had given her other Comm unit to Nathiu, realizing he didn’t have one on him for the frequency she wished to give him. Angrily, she walked over to the shattered pieces of the Comm unit and stomped on them further smashing them to bits. Porchia had NO desire to talk to her Father.

“Mrysti…telemetry coming in from one of the Civilian vessels, I think they have something…”

Walking over to her brother’s station, Mrysti leaned down looking at the display rolling across the screen. It was only partial information as the vessel sending it was also transmitting on a burst frequency. As the data started to piece itself together, she looked at RT and then out of the forward view port.

“Tantra? Really?...”

Moving to the viewport, Mrysti looked out into the blackness of space. It made no sense to her, besides Tantra being on the Rimma Trade Route, it had tactically no importance. Only an enemy who’s objective was the acquisition of resources would attack and hold Tantra. The planet itself was an ice ball. Centuries before after a severe Ice Age, the inhabitants of Tantra borrowed deep underground, under the ice and under large glaciers that formed over the planets' vast oceans. Approaching the planet, only beacons and satellite dishes would be visible, everything else was subterranean. There was literally nothing to hold or nothing to fight for. It wasn’t logical.

Looking at her brother, Mrysti raised an eyebrow, “Tantra has no tactical value to a conquering enemy what-so-ever…why?”

Standing up, RT approached the Holo-screen which hovered in the center of the bridge. As he began typing in data, the other eight ‘dark’ planets blinked in next to Tantra and he too shrugged.

“I have no idea, but we need to find out….and soon.”

The alarm at RT’s station sounded as he quickly moved back over and called up the reason for the system alert. His face was grim as he looked at Mrysti.

“Our civilian asset just sent us telemetry from Tantra…the same signals they were tracking just multiplied. We have 78 ship transponders on Comm-scan…and taking orbit around the planet.”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Tython

Balance. It was the key to all things and in all things, balance must constantly be maintained. Levitating off the floor, her legs crossing one another in the low seated position, Karolin began a soft glow that filled the interior of the small enclave. It was a tiny cave on the inside of the waterfall, a place she come to in a former life to ponder balance. Those times, it was more to ask the one sided questions balance could not answer; or rather, would NOT answer.

‘Why did Marcus have to die?’

‘Why show me love, if you only meant to take it from me?’

‘Why did you do this to my sister?’

‘Why’ was the preponderance of what she asked. Karolin asked it with a slant in her thoughts. She asked it with Vice. Karolin asked ‘Why’ not truly seeking the answers, but rather to give her actions at the time meaning. There was anger in her heart and malice in her soul as she asked the poignant questions that the Balance of the Force would not answer. All she heard was silence. Loron’s words at the waterfall on their first meeting echoed in her mind as she further lifted from the floor, the Holocrons, Sith and her own Holocron she decided to begin filling with her information moving now with her. Slowly they began to circle her.

‘You must accept yourself…who you are, who you REALLY are, before you can achieve what you seek, Karolin. The Force…will always balance itself, we….are only variables in its infinite plan…’

Her heart elated, it was happening. Karolin could feel it, all of the hate, all of the malice; the unanswered questions began to bleed out of her as she felt the pure heart. The heart of a Jedi who no longer wanted to know the answers. As Loron’s voice spoke it changed, it was the Force who spoke now. The voice, a mixture of Loron’s, her own and a thousand voices that echoed from the Lake of a Thousand Souls who passed on to join with that Force. A Force, who in its wisdom was already balancing itself.

‘There are no questions…there are no reasons…there is only the Force….’

It was why Loron was unafraid of what was coming, why he didn’t seem to be rushed as she was to regain her power. This was a Jedi Master steeped deeply in the Force. In time, he knew all things would come to pass, even this ‘Darkness’ she had spoken of. Karolin spoke to him of it as a warning, also in hopes that he too would feel the need to run, to hide in order to survive. Loron was unafraid. And as her mind cleared to the blinding flash that was the pure essence of the Force, the vision she saw was her sister, but the voice that came from her was Loron’s

‘It can only happen the way is does…because that is the only way it was meant to happen…’

It was an Ice world, a world covered in the cold blanket of an ice age brought on by a dramatic shift in its polar regions. Karolin saw her sister, dragging the body of another. The retreat was awful, Mrysti’s forces decimated and she was injured in the assault. Karolin could feel the steel resolve in her heart. They had met this new enemy, Mrysti had seen the faces of the two who led them and was soundly defeated by their power. The retreat was awful, but Karolin could feel the two pieces that needed to be in play till the end, her brother and her sister; had survived.

The Holocrons now spun around her so rapidly that it was a blinding blur. Karolin did not react to the vision, allowing the purest of hearts to see and know in plain understanding. Fighting the need to react in emotion, Karolin suppressed the urge to scream at seeing her family in such peril, but those words kept her grounded. ‘It can only happen this way because it was meant to’

Further, her mind traveled over the vast lake, the reflection of it shined up and course through her as her eyes watched it travel beneath her. There was another. Someone else would seek to take her place at the sacrifice. One of the brothers, the one dressed in black approached and lifted his saber to end Karolin. She heard the scream from the ridge above her, begin held by both her arms as she was lowered to her knees. Karolin looked up to see her sister, it was too late. Mrysti was not going to make it in time, but the other…he would. In a blinding flash the bearer of the twin sabers dropped on the brother dressed in black.

The flash was so bright, it darkened her mind as the Holocrons ceased their spinning and dropped noisily to the ground. Karolin dropped too, hard. The light was gone, it was too much. Karolin could not maintain the vision or the pure heart with so much sacrifice of her own family present in her mind. Slowly she picked herself up to stand. Exhaustion took her and she slumped as she looked at the entrance to the cave, the light wavering from the reflection of the water cutting it. The figure that watched her pushed itself off the wall and smiled. Karolin couldn’t see the smile in the shadow, she could feel it.

‘You are almost ready. Give up all that you love…only then can you become one with the Force. It is the only way you can save them…and save yourself.’

Hutta

Marstel strode the halls with a purpose. It was the first time he had been to the site Mrysti had spoken of so many times. It was a winding hallway in these catacombs. Halls that as a slave his sister had frequented with regularity. This was the place, well one of the places that forged his sister into the lethal instrument she was. There was a sadness that surrounded Marstel as he looked around the now quiet hall, most of the individuals that would have been roaming the halls, the ones that were part of their ‘Coalition’ had gone. They were either in the Outer Rim with his sister or had returned to their own affairs; awaiting a call from Mrysti to return. Marstel touched the wall as he leaned on it, anger building up inside of him. It wasn’t the only reason he was angry. Life in general had him frustrated. His mind raced with the questions all of them ending or beginning with the word, ‘Why?’.

Torn between where he wanted to be and where he felt he had to be, Marstel had never before fought such conflict within himself. There was a temptation to activate his programming to simply clear his mind and gain a sense of order, but even as he raised his fingers to press his neck and activate it, he dropped his hand leaning heavily on that wall. Even his programming would not be able to clear his mind. All the programming would do is calculate which was the most prudent course; mathematically. Marstel wasn’t sure he wanted the answer to that, either answer presented regret in a way he couldn’t handle.

If he went back to Dromand Kass and simply took Mai and Broni; and ran, he would forever regret not aiding his family. It was never a choice before, never a question in his mind. Family came first, always. Now, Mai was his family. Broni was his family. The conflict within him ate at him to his core.

The holo-comm beeped bringing him out of his turmoil as he quickly took it off his belt. Surprisingly the Holo plate on the device didn’t rez into a figure as the message was voice only. The device beeped a series of codes that Marstel quickly replied to in kind, keying in a series of verifications. This was an encrypted message on a little known frequency that Marstel had only used once or twice, the last time when he went dark himself in order to uncover the details of the Elan Harbeck incident. At that time, Marstel had activated his programming and for the first time it stayed active for the entire duration of his mission. It was necessary to safeguard his family. Marstel worked at the controls increasing the gain on the device as the voice began to speak.

‘Alpha agent 944…this is Alpha Control. SIS fleet 117 is in orbit around Sullust. We know your sister and 946 have moved to a deeper part of the Outer Rim….’

Marstel said nothing, it was not protocol to answer Alpha control when they Holo’ed. He simply raised an eyebrow awaiting the command. Instead, all he received was a question.

‘We stand ready to assist…give us their location….’

“NO!!! NO!!! We are not doing it…”, RT slammed his hand on the console, his face red in frustration as he glared at Mrysti, “78 ships Mrysti!!! Seventy…Eight….that is not some fleet of civilian freighters out there. Warships…all of them. Even if we get close, we will NEVER reach the surface…”

Mrysti folded her arms as she gazed out the forward viewport. Of course she heard him, but her mind was elsewhere. RT was right, attacking the planet with what little force they had was suicide. They would never make it past the enemy blockade, which by now was no doubt landing troops on the surface. But, in the Force there was always a way. Turning she looked at RT who’s fist had dented the top of the console. He hadn’t moved it from the depression he made, still glaring at her.

If she gave the command, she knew he would follow despite all of the disagreement at the moment. There was so much conflict in her, she glanced around at the bridge crew who watched her wide-eyed. All of them knew what was out there now and all of them knew how very suicidal a direct assault was going to be. Again, there had to be a way. No planet need fall to this new enemy again. Mrysti pursed her lips as she turned around with a flourish to face her brother. If there was anything to be done, RT was the first step.

“So we do nothing then? We sit and we watch as this Empire continues the conquest of our galaxy?”

The fist came off the console with a creak of metal as RT stood up folding his own arms over his chest.

“We are a scouting mission, you said it yourself…I know what you’re thinking. Void…I want to go down there too, but—“

Mrysti moved up close to her brother clenching her fist as she raised it.

“Then go with me. I can’t do this without you…” She looked around the bridge, “….without any of you.” Her gaze went right back to RT looking him in his hazel irises, “These people have to know….they have to know we are NOT going to sit idly by and let them conquer everything we know. Our lives are out there!!! This is OUR home.”

Looking down, RT let his arms that were folded across his chest relax a bit. Laughing slightly he looked up, finally allowing his arms to flail out in defeat as he slapped his legs.

“Alright…alright. You're crazy as hell Mrysti, but you’re right…” He looked at the forward viewport moving past her to gaze out at the asteroid field, “What’s the plan….”

GuardianElite
Re-knighted 10/24/2015

Post by GuardianElite »

Tantra Planetary Orbit - The Outer Rim – ‘N’ Hour

Silence. Even as the screams echoed on the bridge, the sparks and smoke from the exploding ships systems filled the bridge; all Mrysti heard was silence. Gripping the railing she kept her gaze locked on the planet, Tantra. This was her doing. She led them into this.

‘Rata tata tatatatatatatat’

The sounds of the enemy turbo lasers increased in pace and volume as she got closer to the three capital ships. Mrysti picked this spot, they just had to get close.

‘Ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatat’

She blocked out the sound of her ship being destroyed, her eyes focused on the planet still. Just beyond the massive frames of the triangular and oblong shaped capital ships of the Empire she was yet to face, she could see the icy cold white surface of Tantra and it was getting closer.

“Rata---tatatatatatatatatat-----‘

It abruptly stopped, the shaking, creaking and rattling of her Dreadnaught. For a moment Mrysti thought she was dead. Her mind went back to the moment she dove out of the Assault Transport on Tatooine, into the void of the atmosphere. All of the noise of the interior of the transport was gone in an instant and she was at peace, silent dark peace as she sailed through the air casting herself out of the assault shuttle and into the void of the night. It was a peace that only a halo-trooper knows. That calm before the storm, when the atmosphere blocks out your sound and your vision as you said toward your destiny.

All at once the noise of the bridge hit her in a whistle, all of the sound coming back to her. Everything she blocked out as they pressed past the enemy blockade and to the other side toward the icy cold of the planet below. RT’s voice echoed loudly, he had been screaming the entire time, Mrysti had not heard any of it.

“…we’re through!!! We may not be flying this bucket home, but we’re through!!!”

‘Rata---tatatatatatatatatat’

The turbo lasers started again, taking the last life of the ships who dared to brave the blockade. Mrysti turned abruptly slapping the large red button on her command console.

“Get to the assault shuttles!!! Abandon ship!!! I SAY AGAIN….abandon ship!!!!....”

Silken Asteroid Belt – 6 Hours Earlier

Most of the Captains had chosen to stay aboard their ships, but there were a couple who braved the journey on the outskirts of the asteroid field to come aboard Mrysti’s Dreadnaught. Any movement would have been dangerous, not just because of the chance for detection by the enemy, but they were IN an asteroid field. The blue haze of the other Captain’s holo images illuminated the different parts of the room as they all spoke around each other, considering the different alternatives. For her part, Mrysti sat silently; her hand has at her mouth pinching her bottom lip as she listened.

‘We should just go back..I mean…16 ships against 78? C’mon….’

‘Go back?!?! And do what?? Wait for them to reach us??? I don’t know about you but my home world is Corellia, if we wait that long….’

‘No, you can’t WAIT…she’s right, we have to strike….’

‘Spoken like a true IMPERIAL…strike, that’s what you do, strike no matter the cost….’

‘Don’t talk to him like that?!?! You agreed to come on this mission, no one forced you!!!’

‘That was before we saw 78 Warships out in front of us!!! Forget this!!!’

Listening, contemplating; Mrysti was allowing the discord to strengthen her. As her rage rose to a fever pitch so did her illumination that the members of the ‘Coalition’ were already failing their first test. Now without decision, they were falling apart. There were too many ideas, too many opinions and way too much animosity. They were not a military unit, not yet anyway. Just a collection of interested parties that were trying to see what was out here. That had to end, but at the moment it seemed Mrysti was waiting on something and up to that point she had said nothing. Mrysti sat up activating her Holo-pad and looking at the telemetry on the enemy ship dispersal. The last words she heard made her skin crawl and she looked up angrily.

‘Yea…well I say we go back and see if you can put your credits where that smart Imperial mouth is…you say that to my face and we will see who’s standing after!!!’

Pressing herself up put of the seat to her full 6’9” height, Mrysti slapped the table hard her rage overflowing.

“Listen to yourselves!!! This is exactly what they want!!!” Mrysti glared at the Republic Captian who spoke last, “You want to go…go. You won’t make it 5 parsecs before that enemy fleet spots you…and then what?!?!”, As the image of the Imperial Captain began to glower at his Republic compatriot for getting the ‘Hammer’ from Mrysti, she turned her gaze to him, “…and you want to fight?!?! Save it for the real enemy…”

Moving about the room she met each of the Commander’s gazes as she opened her arms.

“This is pointless, we sit here and argue while an enemy force lands troops on one of our planets. Why??? Because you all want to have a cock measuring contest…”, she slapped the table again, “This ends now! It is exactly the reason I wanted to do this alone, I knew you all would have this argument when we met resistance.” She moved quickly to the conference room viewport gesturing wildly at the blackness of space outside the window, “…well there it is!!! There’s the conflict…and you all are bent on destroying one another.” Mrysti shook her head as the room fell silent. Sighing heavily, she looked down at the floating holo-screen in the center of the room. Gathering her words, she considered her audience carefully.

“There is no way to win. I am not going to lie to any of you. Whatever we decided to do, none of it comes without cost. But….understand, that’s not why we choose to go out there and fight!”

A lone voice spoke up among the holo-images and Mrysti’s attention went straight to the person talking, “Then why…why do it?”

Pursing her lips, Mrysti recounted what she told her own bridge crew not a few hours before. The Captain’s weren’t privy to all of that, so now she recounted it for them.

“We do it…because we have to show these ‘people’ or whoever they are, that we are not going to just sit idly by and allow them to conquer our galaxy. We do it, to make a stand…we do that right here…right now. Or…” Mrysti folded her arms over her chest glaring at them all, “…you can all run home, you can go back to Corellia…Dromund Kaas…wherever. You will live in peace and comfort for the next few weeks while this enemy systematically takes over the known galaxy. You will be safe…until they get to you. Then what?” Mrysti released her arms spreading them out again in almost a pleading gesture, “Don’t you all…just for once want to fight for something worth dying for?!?! What is worth more than our own right to survive??? You wait…you all go home. And as your cities burn, as your families are put to the sword…you will look back at this moment and EACH and EVERYONE OF YOU will wish you had done something….”

It was a bold speech, one she had not planned for. Brutal and honest, Mrysti already planned to go alone if no one else accompanied her, those words were meant to dissuade the others. Of course she was right it was only a matter of time before the enemy in whatever their plan was, came to their doorsteps of their respective worlds. But, the Captain’s were also right. This was suicide no matter what they did. No one wanted to die, but it was Mrysti’s plan to take a stand doing so. To her there was no other course. Die here or die later, to Mrysti it made no difference. Either way, she was going to fight no matter what course they all decided on.

All of the Captain’s looked at one another, not a single one retreated and turned off their Holo units or returned to their ships as they all focused their gaze on the Dark Lord at the center of the room.

“Darth Retuvisa…’Hammer’….of the Empire, if you would please enlighten us as to the nature of your plan…”

Tantra – H Hour….

Departing the larger vessels the series of Assault shuttles looked like bees coming from hives. Hives that were now on fire and spewing them from their flaming base. It went as predicted, Mrysti had chosen the largest concentration of Capital ships. The original ‘Cone’ shaped assault by her forces, with her Dreadnaught in the lead left the other ships fanned out at the base. It wasn’t until Mrysti’s ship had taken the brunt of the damage that the other ships lined in a file, right behind her pushing through the breach. As they passed through, the Capital ships ceased their firing, not wanting to hit their own ships, giving the beleaguered crews of the vessels time to get to their shuttles before the entire armada of Republic and Imperial ships made it through the hole she created. But, their own ships were a total loss. As Mrysti predicted and told them all, this was a one way trip.

Looking back over her shoulder through the viewport of the Assault vessels, she watched the larger ships explode one right after the other. Originally, she had set hers, as well as several other Captain’s ships courses to collide with the enemy Capital cruisers. They were all too badly damaged to do any real damage, exploding before any of them could make impact.

It all happened so fast, even as the enemy turbo lasers tried to zone in and destroy the smaller assault craft, they were already half-way to the surface of Tantra. The speed at which they all disembarked from their own ships and onto the shuttles left little to the imagination in terms of what the enemy must have thought. No enemy fighters were scrambled, no pursuit by enemy forces in space. But now, the enemy knew they were coming and as the shuttles smoked from the entry of Tantra’s upper atmosphere it was all going to be a ground battle. Mrysti had no other tricks up her sleeve.