Pen and Paper DnD

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Déus
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT

Pen and Paper DnD

Post by Déus »

Hullos!

I was thinking -- back in the day when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again. But since that's not possible, I was thinking about the next best thing: PEN AND PAPER DND!!! I had some fond memories (and night terrors) of playing DnD with a good group of friends and an evil DM. Here's what I was thinking:

Would anyone be interested in having an online DnD group?

Google Hangouts not only useful for raiding, but also there is a Dice app where you can see everyone's rolls! Via Hangouts, Google Sheets, and TS, we could have a viable online game going! I think there are a few websites that would also do the trick, but at least this method I know is free.

Here's what we need:
- A couple of people willing to DM [I don't want one or two people 'stuck with' the task of DM'ing all the time :(]
- Interested adventurers!
- Agreed upon setting and such. I personally think DnD 5e would be the best route, but all interested parties should talk about which rule set and what setting.
- Times to fit most people's schedules.
- ???

Please comment whether you'd be interested, which form of P&P they'd like to play (DnD, Titansgrave, Dragon Age, etc) and whether or not they would be interested in DM'ing. Let's do this! :D :D :D
Déus - Guardian Butt Kicking Great One (0233)
Nimue
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Recruit 07-15-2015
Squire 08-09-2015
Knight 12-14-2015
Baroness 06-05-2016

Re: Pen and Paper DnD

Post by Nimue »

What an awesome idea :) I've been playing P&P RPs since I was fourteen (which is longer ago than I care to admit), and since my current group in RL seems to be dying a slow death, I'd be thrilled to find a new one.

I don't have any preference with regard to rule sets (the last D&D variant I played was AD&D 2nd Edition, so... :p), and while I generally prefer fantasy themed settings, I'm open to pretty much anything. My weak point, as always, is my schedule, which I realise is probably at odds with everyone else's. I'd generally be open to GMing too, I just wouldn't like to start off as GM since whichever rule set we choose I'll likely need to become familiar with first.

Guild Wars 2: Nimue.4892
Image Nimue De Danann Image
Turk
Knight
Knight
Record: Recruited: Dec 14th 2013
Squired: Feb 1st 2014
Knighted: June 22nd 2014

Post by Turk »

I would be interested as well although it's been a long time since I played. I have no preference on version. My daytime and early evening hours are usually filled with family stuff but would be available on weekend nights or depending on how often we played I could move some stuff around on weekdays.

-Turk
Xetturk lvl 60 Commando (deeps)
Madelyyn lvl 60 Gunslinger(deeps)
Kruttex lvl 60 Sorc (deeps)
Déus
Knight
Knight

Post by Déus »

Yeah, everyone's schedules would be hectic, so having multiple DMs could keep the game running instead of waiting on one person to make time. Once we find DM volunteers, they could work together and put a story in place, and plan out things so that even if you can only make 1 out of ?? sessions a month, you aren't too lost and make it friendly enough for anyone to jump in or leave at any time.

If we're feeling really ambitious, maybe the DMs can work together in making an epic Tolkien rivaling story :thumb
Galaxiya
Countess
Countess

Post by Galaxiya »

I have never played, but am willing to learn. :)
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Déus
Knight
Knight

Post by Déus »

Cool cool... Anyone else interested? Non-SWTOR peeps are welcomed too... :tongue2
Nimue
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit 07-15-2015
Squire 08-09-2015
Knight 12-14-2015
Baroness 06-05-2016

Post by Nimue »

Hmm... there's a friend from my previous guild who might be interested. I know she has played P&P RPGs before, and I'm not sure whether she currently has a group going. If it's okay with you I'll ask her :)

Guild Wars 2: Nimue.4892
Image Nimue De Danann Image
Déus
Knight
Knight

Post by Déus »

:cry Not seeing much interest in general... Dunno, I was hoping we could get maybe 10+ involved, that way we could have at least 5 peeps (1 GM, 4 players) per session :\ Still, if anyone is interested, please post here -- we may get a grp going eventually :)
Turk
Knight
Knight
Record: Recruited: Dec 14th 2013
Squired: Feb 1st 2014
Knighted: June 22nd 2014

Post by Turk »

bummer
Xetturk lvl 60 Commando (deeps)
Madelyyn lvl 60 Gunslinger(deeps)
Kruttex lvl 60 Sorc (deeps)
Ismene (Quirk)
Baroness
Baroness
Record: Recruit: 9/26/15, Squire: 10/16/15, Baroness: 4/10/16

Post by Ismene (Quirk) »

I would be interested if this gets revived! I have never DM'ed before so I'm not sure what help I'd be there, but I'd love to play :)
Guild Wars 2: Quirk.8056
Image Fribble Image (And too many more to count!)

SWTOR: The Kos Legacy

Return to “"The Tavern"”