Dragon Flight Raid - Lets talk strategy

Elthorik
Knight
Knight
Realm: Guild Wars 2

Re: Dragon Raid - Lets talk strategy

Post by Elthorik »

Talking about GS. My Paladin is the only one above 2500 GS. My CW is next closest with 2350 and SW close behind that. My DC only cracked 2100.

I spent a good amount of time trying to get my Paladin to the point where he would be a fit for any group. I even respecced him to bulwark line to be extra strong and tanky. And now he sits on the shelf collecting dust because he's not really needed.

I could rework my CW to tempest of flame. I think my SW is close to how I want him. I need to work on some equipment for my SW and CW.

Just give me a suggestion on how to proceed. I'm trying to fit into the group where needed. It's a bit frustrating.
Dragonsoul E'Thorin - 70 Dragonborn Oathbound Paladin
El'thriza Thrul - 70 Thayvian Control Wizard
Dragonlord El'Thynar - 70 Dragonborn Guardian Fighter
El'thiza Duskryn - 70 Drow Devoted Cleric
Elthror Ironstar - 70 Dwarf Scourge Warlock
Elthraxa - 70 Tiefling Oathbound Paladin
Dragonsoul El'thriakas - 65 Dragonborn GWF
Elthryxxar - 66 Dragonborn Hunter Ranger
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Post by Phelaia »

@Elth, I wouldn't shelf your Paladin just yet, especially not a Bulwark Paladin. Even Tyrandil doesn't like being stuck playing his GF all the time. In fact, sometimes he laments that he doesn't get to take his GWF much anymore...
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Or, Elth, you could respec your paladin to Devotion and focus on healing. We have only one "Healadin" player who is on regularly - Kal - and she's really effective. Heal paladins can do things that heal clerics cannot, like [Aura of Life], and they're super-effective at healing if you put your feat points in the Light tree. Or you could be a Devotion, go down the Justice tree with a "minor" in Light, and be somewhat less effective at pure healing but pick up great party buffing abilities.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Elthorik
Knight
Knight

Post by Elthorik »

Tyrandil wrote:Or, Elth, you could respec your paladin to Devotion and focus on healing. We have only one "Healadin" player who is on regularly - Kal - and she's really effective. Heal paladins can do things that heal clerics cannot, like [Aura of Life], and they're super-effective at healing if you put your feat points in the Light tree. Or you could be a Devotion, go down the Justice tree with a "minor" in Light, and be somewhat less effective at pure healing but pick up great party buffing abilities.
Ahh, sad. I went down the justice tree before. Loved it so much. Well, I'll switch it back to justice, since I really liked that build, but not until next week. Just blew money on respec and a zen to AD transfer that I needed badly to purchase some GMOPs and bought a Coal ward on zen market.
Dragonsoul E'Thorin - 70 Dragonborn Oathbound Paladin
El'thriza Thrul - 70 Thayvian Control Wizard
Dragonlord El'Thynar - 70 Dragonborn Guardian Fighter
El'thiza Duskryn - 70 Drow Devoted Cleric
Elthror Ironstar - 70 Dwarf Scourge Warlock
Elthraxa - 70 Tiefling Oathbound Paladin
Dragonsoul El'thriakas - 65 Dragonborn GWF
Elthryxxar - 66 Dragonborn Hunter Ranger
Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

Elthorik wrote:
Tyrandil wrote:Or, Elth, you could respec your paladin to Devotion and focus on healing. We have only one "Healadin" player who is on regularly - Kal - and she's really effective. Heal paladins can do things that heal clerics cannot, like [Aura of Life], and they're super-effective at healing if you put your feat points in the Light tree. Or you could be a Devotion, go down the Justice tree with a "minor" in Light, and be somewhat less effective at pure healing but pick up great party buffing abilities.
Ahh, sad. I went down the justice tree before. Loved it so much. Well, I'll switch it back to justice, since I really liked that build, but not until next week. Just blew money on respec and a zen to AD transfer that I needed badly to purchase some GMOPs and bought a Coal ward on zen market.
Hey... I'm always looking to bring my other toons as well but since I'm one of the few tank my OP gets the position.. would be more than happy to run with your OP on my DC or about to be 70 Lock!
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Late to the party, but a few notes:

I'm building a Justice OP. Did a successful eToS run yesterday (although w Hector and Q, so it was a easier run). I'm enjoying it a lot so perhaps Kermit will sometimes be able to run something else.

About Teamspeak and needed equipment: Hector et al. If the problem is a mic--this can be solved very cheaply. Benn and I use $5 headsets from Discount Electronics (not sure where they have locations), but Amazon has many sub-$20 options that even look nice and sub-$10 options that work.

Amazon link

EDIT: Look what I found! Now you too can have the exact same (cheapo) headset Benn and Blue use!
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
bluebutton
Baroness
Baroness

Post by bluebutton »

Elthorik wrote:
Just give me a suggestion on how to proceed. I'm trying to fit into the group where needed. It's a bit frustrating.
I can see this being quite frustrating.

And then I wonder if this is mostly a time of day issue? I started building my tankadin because for those of us on in the afternoon (Eastern timezone), there's been a lack there. (And my GF frustrates me a lot.)

But for evening dragonflights, I think we'll have to keep generating beefy tanks because we'll be adding dragons til we can get all 4.

And I'll reiterate my NW mantra--if it isn't fun, don't do it.

And finally, finally, thanks for all you contribute to the guild. We're better off with you around.
*NOR/ BA-NW

Neverwinter--@abluebutton
Main: Krimsn (OP healer)
Alts: Kriket (GWF), Krifin (GF)
Mules: Krindl (SW), Kriplr (TR)

Guild Wars 2--bluebutton.1475
Onyx Ofnor
RJC9000
Ally
Ally
Record: 12/14/14 - Recruitment (*cues With Us/Stalwarts Unite/Together We Ride/Comrades*)

5/12/15 - Squired

9/11/15 - Golden Aldobora Tree awarded

(insert date here) - Knighted
Location: Somewhere in the lands of Akaneia, Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, or Tellius...

Post by RJC9000 »

bluebutton wrote:
But for evening dragonflights, I think we'll have to keep generating beefy tanks because we'll be adding dragons til we can get all 4.
Hah... I think it's best we stick to perfecting our Green and Red Kills. Sure, the video Tundrra posted a while back had only 20ish people taking out all 4, but it's taken us quite a bit to figure out AND field the guildies just to get our first double kill. Those guys were pretty well geared. I don't think we can match their DPS... not yet, at least.

Can't judge us killing the black one. We'd have to field more people or pray we can get the timing right (or both).

I can talk about the blue one. Even if we could get 30 people (or have such high DPS to whittle a dragon down to 5% within 3 minutes), the blue one is the only dragon to have a (near) guaranteed TOTAL PARTY KILL*. Red and Green have their share of hard hitting attacks, the Black on has its own BS, but I don't think any of those 3 has an option to kill all of us at once if only one of us gets randomly oneshotted.

Better off refining our current strategy to be as best as possible.

* The attack in question goes as this: blue dragon burps out an attack and marks a player (tanks? Melee DPS?) with a blue lightning bolt (think like casting a fully charged Storm Pillar on yourself). If that marked player dies, then anybody who even poked the dragon gets hit with 160K un-mitigatable Damage.
This is a message from Lord Nergal...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Characters (NWO):
Hector (SM Destro GWF)
Micaiah (SS Thaum CW)
Saint Elimine (DO Righetous DC)
Anri (SM Tact GF)
Mark (Justice Healadin)
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
House: Griffon
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

It was brought up that it is going to take a while to get all the fangs we need.

So I think on our successful Friday nights we should start planning on 2 runs instead of one. One set of bells gives us 5 charges which will last the guild a month
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
nmates
Knight
Knight

Post by nmates »

I have to say that my CW (Spellstorm Oppressor) feels like a useless build for these dragon fights. I'm built for crowd control & containing ads, and there's no crowd. I'm at ilevel 2670 (more once 2x RP hits this week), and I'm doing not much other than dying in the fights. Even the enablers, hitting them with Conduit of Ice (tab) + Icy terrain + Steal time knocks one tick off them, measured during the black dragon run tonight. It takes a very long time for anything to happen to the enablers at that rate -- and I can't move as fast as other classes. If I get closer, the dragons just one-shot me when nearby.

Return to “Raids”