Sic Beats?

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Déus
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT

Sic Beats?

Post by Déus »

Rawr!

So, it just occurred to me that you should never catch a falling knife. Really. It's kind of sharp and bad bad.

More than that though, we're a pretty diverse group of people. With diversity comes quite the varied taste in music! What's a song/musician you like, and what do you like about it? For example:

Artist - Peter Hollens and Lindsey Stirling
Song - Star Wars Medley (YouTube Link)
What makes this song so great? - I love both of these musicians, it's insane that Peter Hollens layers so many tracks with his voice to make music, and I had no idea what a violin was capable of 'til I first heard Lindsey Stirling. But I picked this particular track because... Well, why not? It's STAR WARS. That's reason enough ;)

What other songs do people enjoy listening to on repeat? Post awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Déus - Guardian Butt Kicking Great One (0233)
Enox
Recruit
Realm: ArcheAge

Re: Sic Beats?

Post by Enox »

Artist: Jim Guthrie
Album: Swords and Sorcery LP
Reason: I got this game and the music with it in a Humble Bundle and it's honestly my favorite video game soundtrack. The whole album works together to send you to a magical land. Full of ups and downs and lots of depth.

Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCcWWcL_Sg4
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

We had an old member post a similar topic a while back http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... =65&t=2149
I listen to quite a wide range of music.
Artist: Tear Garden
Song: You and me and Rainbows
Reason: A great epic song that really captures life away from your loved ones (was written during their long tours) at least for me as well as showing the wide range of musical styles of this "supergroup" which turned me on to them.

Another is
Artist: Effigy
Song: Dictator
Reason: These guys were some of my best friends while living in Japan and gave me so many great memories.
Windemere
Duke
Duke
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV

Post by Windemere »

Funny you should mention those two, my daughter is a big fan of Lindsey Stirling and she likes Peter Hollens as well.

I'll leave a tribute here to Kirill Pokrovsky, a composer whose work was made popular in the Divinity series by Larian. He recently passed away at too young of an age. I'll miss his work and his persona.

Battle Force - One of the best combat tracks ever (re-mastered version from Musica Divina anthology is even better)

Roads Shaded by Green Eaves

Drowning Hope
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Déus
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT

Post by Déus »

Enox wrote:The whole album works together to send you to a magical land. Full of ups and downs and lots of depth.
Definitely. I like the variety of instruments and techniques utilized in this, and the "ride" the music takes you on. Very cool :)
Sofija wrote:A great epic song that really captures life away from your loved ones
The Tear Garden... Very psychedelic, I don't think I've heard anything quite like them. Escapism kind of?
Sofija wrote:These guys were some of my best friends while living in Japan and gave me so many great memories.
Unless you're listening to these guys at a live show, I don't think anything else can do them justice. This seems like something to really amp up the crowd.
Windemere wrote:Funny you should mention those two, my daughter is a big fan of Lindsey Stirling and she likes Peter Hollens as well
As she should be :P
Windemere wrote:I'll leave a tribute here to Kirill Pokrovsky, a composer whose work was made popular in the Divinity series by Larian.
Yeah, I got the email from Larian Studios about this 9 days ago :(

These aren't weepies. These tears are artificial. Doc's orders <.<
Déus - Guardian Butt Kicking Great One (0233)

Return to “"The Tavern"”