Dear Déus: Terrible Advice For What Ails You

Hang out, talk, post whatever is on your mind.
Déus
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT

Dear Déus: Terrible Advice For What Ails You

Post by Déus »

Hello hello hello!

My name is Déus, Jedi Guardian of the Order. While my Master encourages me to help spread the Jedi teachings, which gave me an idea: how would *you* like a Jedi's wisdom in solving your life's problems? :yay Wouldn't it be grand to have a conduit of the Force advise you in difficult decisions such as: hot dog or burger? Answer: Both. Or, how does one reply to a text message, social media message, and email at the same time? Answer: Use the Force.

Feel free to ask away and I shall do my best to advise accordingly :)
Déus - Guardian Butt Kicking Great One (0233)
Déus
Knight
Knight

Re: Dear Déus: Terrible Advice For What Ails You

Post by Déus »

A recent question I've come across was:

"Dear Déus, how cute would a Maltese/Pomeranian mix puppy be? -Anonymous"

Well, Maltese dogs are exceptionally cute already, while the Pomeranian breed has extremely fluffy fur. Both breeds are known to be extremely people friendly, so add in the puppy factor and the level of cuteness is enough to undermine both the Republic SIS and Imperial Intelligence. On a scale of 1 to 10, the cute level would be a 500000000000.
Galaxiya
Countess
Countess

Post by Galaxiya »

My Tauntaun is sick and refuses to eat, but will drink. What do I do? :cry
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Déus
Knight
Knight

Post by Déus »

Oh dear, poor little beast :( Thankfully, the Mandalorians have invented a special drink called Ne'tra Gal. A few mugs of that and your dear Tauntaun shall be back to eating properly. If not, grilled Hoth Hog will have any Tauntaun within 20 clicks drooling. :)
Galaxiya
Countess
Countess

Post by Galaxiya »

Thank you! I feel so much better knowing there's something I can do to help her feel better. I'll grab a few mugs and I know my poor baby will feel better very soon! :yay
My blood type is be positive. :) :bouncy :hailnor
The main toons I play, although I have many:
Galaxiya - Commando, Safphire - Sage,
Geminiya - Mercenary, Iron'Butterfly - Operative
Déus
Knight
Knight

Post by Déus »

:) I have an easy recipe if you'd like: Grilled Hoth Hog Tenderloin.

Trim the Hoth Hog tenderloin of any excess fat and silver skin.

Place the lime zest, lime juice, honey, salt, and garlic powder in a small, lidded jar and shake to combine. Pour half of the marinade mixture into a 1-gallon resealable bag, add the chipotle pepper, and move around to combine. Add the Hoth Hog tenderloin to the bag and seal, removing as much air as possible and place in a container to catch any leaks. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, rotating the bag halfway through the time. Place the remaining marinade in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.

Remove the tenderloin from the bag and allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the grill. Remove the reserved marinade from the refrigerator.

Fill a large chimney starter with natural lump charcoal and light. Once the charcoal is ashy and white, approximately 30 minutes, dump the hot charcoal onto the lowest grate of the grill and spread into an even layer using extra-long tongs. Place the cooking grate back on the grill and cover with the lid; heat the grate to medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.

Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Remove the tenderloin from the bag and place in the center of grate. Discard bag with marinade. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.

Remove the tenderloin from the grill and place on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil folded at the edges to create a basket, and pour on the reserved marinade. Wrap tightly and rest for 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and slice. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Sofija
Baron
Baron
Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

I have a Sith friend who refuses to eat my cookies, even my Tauntaun-shaped sugar cookies, saying no true Sith likes cookies which isn't true as I love eating and baking cookies and I'm Sith. I think she's just a big meanie. So what would be a good cookie recipe to get my friend to try my cookies.
Signed "J"
Déus
Knight
Knight

Post by Déus »

Sofija wrote:I have a Sith friend who refuses to eat my cookies
Inconceivable! :rage

However, all is not lost. If there is one ingredient that no specie can resist, it's peanut butter. A peanut butter cookie fresh from the oven is so buttery, soft, chewy, and just melts in your mouth... One would think you cannot improve upon perfection... And then you add chocolate chips to it. :shocked Optional is to add a little spice to it, but keep it subtle. I recommend cinnamon :)
Windemere
Duke
Duke

Post by Windemere »

I have a pet Nexu that needs to be demolarized. What is the safest way to do this?
Guild Wars 2: Windemere.6534

Image Windemere Gealaich Image
Zyera
Lady
Lady
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

Post by Zyera »

Windemere wrote:I have a pet Nexu that needs to be demolarized. What is the safest way to do this?
*spits out coffee with laughter*
Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Return to “"The Tavern"”