Epic Progression Mod 6 - 9 (Apr 2015 - Dec 2017)

Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Recruited 6/12/2013
Squired 7/22/2013
Promoted to Baroness 10/1/2013
Promoted to Countess 2/27/2014
Promoted to Duchess 1/22/2016

Epic Progression Mod 6 - 9 (Apr 2015 - Dec 2017)

Post by Phelaia »

With the increase of level cap to 70, we're going do this all over again. For now, many of us are still working on getting to Lvl 70. Once there are enough of us at 70, I will update this thread with our successes.

Also, guild groups that succeed in the Heroic Encounters will also have their heroic deeds recorded.

April 7th 2015 - Dec 2017
May 13th 2014 - March 2015
Aug 27 2013 - Dec 4th 2013

To Qualify for guild completion be sure the party is made up of at least 4 of 5 members! Please list who attended and a little about your adventure!

Kessell's Retreat (Item Level 1600)
Akar Kessell

Shores of Tuern (Item Level 1600)
Garakas

Lair of Lostmauth (Item Level 1600)
Dragonsoul Veshal | Twin Fire Scorpions | Lostmauth

Malabog's Castle (Item Level 1600)
Krol Nightforge| Competing Adventuring Party | Malabog | Fulminorax

Valindra's Tower (Item Level 1600)
Shatterspine | Valindra

Cragmire Crypts (Item Level 2000)
Kallos Tam | Competing Adventure Party | Traven Blackdagger

Grey Wolf Den (Item Level 2000)
Regdar Thunderfist | Packmaster Zayev | Ethraniev Marrowslake

Temple of the Spider (Item Level 2000)
Lord Jevahn Jhalvar | Halbryn Dark Stalker| Syndryth High Priestess of Lolth

Castle Never(Item Level 2000)
Phelaia Fiendline
The original Burninator in Neverwinter
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Re: Epic Progression Mod 6+ (April 2015 - present)

Post by Phelaia »

Heroic Encounter: Cornered by Crabs
Zone: Drowned Shore
Group: Tyrandil (GF), Phelaia (TR), Quewana (DC), Krizelle (SW), and Oz (GF)

Success! This took some work and coordination just like the old times. Tyrandil's Protector GF and Oz's relatively more offensive GF worked really well in protecting and buffing the party. We had 8 minutes to take down the giant crab, and we did it in about 7 minutes.

:hailnor
Phelaia Fiendline
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

A couple of names have been added to the new list! Details are as follows:

4/23/15
Party: Tyrandil (GF), Thorgrim (CW), Nors (HR), Gina (DC), Quewana (DC) (not 100% sure I recall the party makeup accurately - if you were there and you remember, tell me and I'll update this post. (I plead sleep deprivation!))

Krol Nightforge: the strategy that worked was to focus down on Krol and kill him ASAP. This prevents the room from filling up with adds too quickly, which kills the party by generating unplayable amounts of lag.

4/26/15
Party: Tyrandil (GF), Phelaia (TR), Thorgrim (CW), Quewana (DC), Gina (DC)

We got all the way to Lostmauth, and our best and last attempt against him got him down a little below 24% health. The dungeon is tougher than it used to be, but the perennial lag issues have finally been fixed. It actually feels fairer now -- very hard, but at least you aren't getting smashed by invisible fireballs and stalactites all day long.

A note on the Twin Fire Scorpions - one person needs to kite one of the scorpions around while the rest of the party kills the other one. Don't try to fight them both at once - it's suicide nowadays.
I'm always down for a dungeon!
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

What: Emberclaw (10+ HE in Fiery Pit)
Who: Tyrandil (GF), Phelaia (TR), Nors (HR), Dayda (CW), Quewana (DC), Hector (GWF), Bluebutton (GWF).

We made several attempts at Emberclaw on the night we took it down. The team that finally killed it consisted of Tyrandil, Phelaia, Nors, Dayda, and Quewana.

However, it was Hector who discovered the key to winning the fight: Emberclaw sits in an area with three thermal geysers that spout periodically, and you have to kite it over one of them so it gets sprayed with the water. That lowers Emberclaw's damage resistance from "virtually invulnerable" to merely "tough" and makes killing it possible. Then it's just a matter of surviving the deadly AoE attacks and the swarm of adds in the tightly confined space.

We killed it in about 12 minutes, and I wouldn't recommend attempting the fight with less than 10 minutes left on the timer. The geysers cycle frequently and you will need a tank to kite Emberclaw to one and hold it there. It's a tough fight with lots of adds, and you'll also want good single-target and AoE damage, plus a healer.

All in all, a challenging and very fun fight!

Kermit
Count
Count

Post by Kermit »

Great post! love to see the attempts! Can't wait to have my Paly up there!
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Who: Tyrandil (GF), Phelaia (TR), Hrothnor (GWF), Nors (HR), Gina (DC)
What: Slaying of Lostmauth
When: Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Where: Epic Lair of Lostmauth
Why: Because He Was There

How: Our group had very good single-target DPS: Phel, Nors, and Hroth all hit very hard. We also emphasized buffs and debuffs to maximize how hard our DPS hit Lostmauth. Gina's healing - especially her emergency healing as a Faithful DC - was instrumental and saved many of us from premature death. Surprisingly, I (Tyrandil) was able to survive using Knight's Valor in there, and I think it went a long way toward keeping people from dying, too. We were all still on our feet when Lostmauth fell!
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Congratulations to Krizelle, Quewana, and Hector for their first completion of Epic Lair of Lostmauth -- all at the same time! (Nors and I were the other two in the group.) It was an awesome run and they all did great!
Phelaia
Duchess
Duchess
Squired 7/22/2013

Post by Phelaia »

Dungeon: Epic Valindra's Tower (lvl 70)
Team: Tyrandil (GF), Phelaia (TR), Thorgrim (CW), Nors (HR), Quewana (DC)
Date: 5/5/2015

No more pulling like we used to. Now we fight carefully. The way to Val went pretty well. First attempt at Val got her down to 25% until Tyr, Nors, and Phel all got kicked off the server. For another 3 attempts, Tyr and Phel were plagued by unplayable lag. When a TR starts teleporting across the room, it's time to call it quits and try another night.
Phelaia Fiendline
Bammer
Lord
Lord
Record: Recruited in 2006
Squired 02/07
Promoted to Baron [NW] 02/27/2014
Promoted to Count [NW] 09/22/2014
Promoted to branch leader [NW] 12/8/2014
Promoted to Duke [NW] 3/1/2015
Promoted to Lord [NOR] 04/12/2015

Post by Bammer »

Keep up the great work! I am totally living vicariously through this thread! I can't wait to be able to join you all again!
I have played World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Lord Of The Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Rift, and Neverwinter.. I still actively play Neverwinter, SWToR, DDO, Rift
and occasionally WoW to break up things!

Bammer
NOR/LD-Realm leader of Neverwinter
Tyrandil
Count
Count

Post by Tyrandil »

Who: Tyrandil (GF), Kermit (OP), Phelaia (TR), Nors (HR), and Thorgrim (CW)
What: Valindra
When: Monday, May 18, 2015
Where: Valindra's Tower
Why: Fortune and Glory!

Tonight was the night we finally offed Mod 6 Valindra in a guild run! This group had really good DPS, and that was key to victory. To give you some idea of how much DPS we were doing, Valindra summoned zero waves of coffins in between the first and second round of bacon strips. We burned her that fast. We also didn't bother with the coffins after the second bacon wave and just burned her down to zero.

Why was our DPS so good? The key was Kermit: the Paladin's damage buffs are really good. Phel and Nors both started with intrinsically high damage, and the combination of the Paladin's buff auras with the Guardian Fighter's buff powers pushed their damage through the roof.

Play of the game: Kermit fell during the second bacon strip phase, and Thorgrim zipped in and managed to pull him to his feet just in time!

Attachments
VT Complete.jpg

Return to “Dungeons”