[ESO] Guild Traders

Seyella
Countess
Countess

[ESO] Guild Traders

Post by Seyella »

For those of you playing ESO, we can now, as a guild, bid on Guild Traders scattered thoughout the cities in Tamriel to sell our goods in our Guild Store. Is this something we're interested in? If so, a couple of things will need to happen. First, we'll need to start building up funds in our Guild Bank, so that we have the funds to bid on traders. Game update 3 gave us the capability to now deposit/withdraw gold from our bank. We'll also need to start stocking our store. Give me your thoughts on how you feel about this!
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Re: [ESO] Guild Traders

Post by Talolan »

Sounds good to me. I say tax the landed gentry!
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Lakasha
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
House: Unicorn
Record: Defender of Hibernia (Golden Staff) 02⁄03⁄03
Defender of Hibernia (Silver Wand) 12⁄15⁄02
Official Writ of Welcome 01⁄06⁄02
Heraldess 12⁄19⁄01
Knight 10⁄29⁄01
Squire Court 09⁄09⁄01
Squire 04⁄02⁄01
Recruit 03⁄10⁄01

Post by Lakasha »

Right now it doesn't seem that people are really selling anything in the store. Not sure if that is because we all give it away or??
ESO
Lakasha Finvarra - Sorceress V1

Lakashal - Templar - DC Blackwater Blade AvA Campaign

*NOR/Heraldess and AvA Coordinator

I can picture a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

DDO
Lakasha Finvarra - Bard 10 The Orginal
Lakashan - Bard Warchanter - 25 - Woot!!!
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Lakasha wrote:Right now it doesn't seem that people are really selling anything in the store. Not sure if that is because we all give it away or??

That is the main reason. I say we make a rule that if anything has more than 2 stacks in the guild bank (Crafting materials) we put any additional stacks in the store.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
SandstormHavoc
Squire
Squire
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by SandstormHavoc »

Personally, I am not interested in a guild trader. I do not buy nor sell in the guild stores nor do I currently have a reason to. However, I am willing to help the guild if it decides to move forward with one.
Elder Scrolls Online
Havoc Blackmoore - Imperial Templar - Mauling the Faces of Evil
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

I've bought from several guild stores. I'm weak.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

SandstormHavoc
Squire
Squire
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons

Post by SandstormHavoc »

Talolan wrote:I've bought from several guild stores. I'm weak.
Elder Scrolls Online
Havoc Blackmoore - Imperial Templar - Mauling the Faces of Evil
Mezzevil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Squired 1999 in EQ1
Baron 2004 EQ2

Post by Mezzevil »

It doesn't take that long to make armor sets. Is there preferred crafted set that you have for light, Medium, & Heavy? I could make some sets and put them on our guild trader.

Perhaps Seducer set for Light and Nights Silence for Medium?

Just a thought.
Seyella
Countess
Countess

Post by Seyella »

We'd have to bid on and win the bid for one of the traders scattered througout Tamriel. If we lose the bid, we lose the money. I'm not sure if we would even have the funds needed to outbid other guilds for these traders, but we can try if we have enough interest. What does everyone think?
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Timaios
Count
Count
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Timaios »

I think it would make more sense if we wait til we have more members to make the guild traders around tamriel a focus worth our effort and funds. As you said if we lose the bid, we lose the money so I would advise our focus be on growth of the guild. In turn once we have a decent amount of active players, we could organize events that would perhaps lead to raising funds that would make it easier to bid for these guild traders. The key being getting our members interested in that aspect of crafting/trading and getting our wares out there. I've come across guild traders owned by other guilds with maybe two or three items listed, which seems such a waste considering what they must have paid for the bid. If we decide to do such a thing perhaps we should encourage our members old/new to put their crafts to good use, encourage them to sell their wares and make our financial commitment to bidding on guild traders worth it. In turn we have to make it an attractive prospect also, which may only come about if we have the means to bid on good locations with the prospect of actually making money off of it.

Our competition for the most part will be against large trade guilds who are 400+ strong in some cases. Our options would be to bid on locations that are in areas less popular or out of the way (and hopefully win out against other guilds with the same idea) or build a strong player base and get them interested in helping us make a bid for these guild traders. In my opinion the current version of this guild trader system is way too skewed towards large guilds and makes it very difficult for the smaller guilds to get a foot in the door. So we should consider its worth/use to our guild currently and what we can do to make it a feasible investment for our guild in the future.

This is of course only make take on this and I could very well be wrong on some of my assumptions but I do believe that with a strong player base and the right interest this is an aspect of trading we could very well get into and make it very profitable for us.
*NOR/CT:ESO

Return to “The Dirty Goat”