Realm: Final Fantasy XIV
House: Griffon
Record: newoutriders.org/member/Zyera

How To Parse

Post by Zyera »

Updated for 4.0

What you Need:

Star Parse
Also recommended: An account at Parsely for uploading and storing combat logs.
  • Ship Operations Dummy (available as a legacy unlock)
  • Training Dummy Advanced Health Modulator - sets the dummy's health to 1.5 million
  • Training Dummy Armor Reduction Module - applies all class debuffs to the dummy
The two dummy debuffs may be purchased from the astromech droid on your ship and may be re-used indefinitely. The debuffs do need to be re-applied on the dummy every time you are out of combat with it. Also note that applying them can trigger your relics, so it doesn't hurt to take a moment to let the relic timers reset before starting your parse.

Rules During Parse:
Basically, you are allowed to use any ordinary abilities at your disposal that could be done before or during a boss fight without any previous encounters. Examples would be:
  • Stim
  • All Class Buffs (it's okay to have someone buff you with any that are missing from your legacy)
  • Adrenal off cooldown.
  • Raid Buff that you execute yourself.
  • Pre-execution of out of combat abilities for building stacks (commando supercharged cell from self-heal, sentinel centering stacks from introspection with contemplation utility, etc.)
  • Once combat begins, DPS until dummy is killed.
Not okay: Pre-hitting the dummy in order to build force, assistance from any other player raid buffs or abilities, etc.

If you do not have the Ship Dummy, or debuffs, a DMG member will gladly take you onto their ships to do a parse.

How to Submit a Parse to Us:
You can either take a screenshot of the Star Parse combat overview screen (shown below), or upload to parsely and provide a link to the parse. Parses can be uploaded directly to parsely from Star Parse and are handy to have around for more detailed analysis. Just right click on the combat log of interest and choose "Upload selected combat". You will need a parsely account to do this.

Video Example

This video demonstrates parsing using the rules listed above, including an example of permissible out of combat stack building for shadows. I'm also using the live overlay from Star Parse just as a matter of habit, but it is not necessary nor would it be the acceptable screenshot output for submitting a parse. You should use the full overview screen from Star Parse as shown above.

Lady & Realm Leader | GW2 - Zyera.4835 | SWTOR - Keywork Legacy

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Re: How To Parse

Post by Sofija »

Which stims/adrenals do you recommend for sents/marauders? Also, where can I get adrenals? Are they only made by biochem or are they purchasable from a vendor?
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Sofija wrote:Which stims/adrenals do you recommend for sents/marauders? Also, where can I get adrenals? Are they only made by biochem or are they purchasable from a vendor?

Biochem can craft them

You want the red stim that has might in it and the adrenals that give you power.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/d8vzB5 ... ck-adrenal
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/af5cIv ... might-stim

Sofija
Baron
Baron
Record: Squire - June 22, 2014
Knight - August 24, 2014
Champion - October 17, 2015
Baron - November 29, 2017

Post by Sofija »

Thanks.
RobK
Knight
Knight
Realm: RIFT
Record: Recruited - 3/19/2014 (applied through NOR website)
Squired - 4/4/2014
Knighted - 11/13/2014
Location: Raleigh NC (or as well like to say....North, north, north Sydney)

Post by RobK »

Where do you source the dummy debuffs from?
PhooFett - 60 Bounty Hunter DPS
Trusolious - 55 Marauder
DarthPhoo - 60 Sorcerer
PhooSneaker - 55 Sniper
PhooBlaster - 60 Commando DPS
PhooFlinger - 60 Jedi Shadow DPS
DooPhoo - 60 Vanguard Tank
NurseyPhoo - 58 Sawbones Healer
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

RobK wrote:Where do you source the dummy debuffs from?
The little robot vendor you can unlock on your ship.

RobK
Knight
Knight
Record: Recruited - 3/19/2014 (applied through NOR website)
Squired - 4/4/2014
Knighted - 11/13/2014
Location: Raleigh NC (or as well like to say....North, north, north Sydney)

Post by RobK »

Ahhhh - shame I just spend nearly all my cash on crafting mats/gear to upgrade Phooblaster!

Back to the daily grind!
PhooFett - 60 Bounty Hunter DPS
Trusolious - 55 Marauder
DarthPhoo - 60 Sorcerer
PhooSneaker - 55 Sniper
PhooBlaster - 60 Commando DPS
PhooFlinger - 60 Jedi Shadow DPS
DooPhoo - 60 Vanguard Tank
NurseyPhoo - 58 Sawbones Healer
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

RobK wrote:Ahhhh - shame I just spend nearly all my cash on crafting mats/gear to upgrade Phooblaster!

Back to the daily grind!
I think if you go on someone's ship that has the vendor you can buy it there. We can check today and you can try going onto my ship.

Soulfinger
Squire
Squire

Post by Soulfinger »

I tried this just now... I wasn't able to find the training dummy on the guild ship, and don't have one on my ship, so I used the OPS dummy on the fleet. I also couldn't get debuffs and didn't use stims...

I don't think I can attack it until it is dead... It has over 100 million HP. I'm doing around 2K dps which would take me around 14 hours of constant attacking to defeat, assuming it doesn't have any health regen (which I believe it does).

Anyway, I think I figured out a rotation, and I'm getting around 2,044 dps over a 2 minute span (my rotation is pretty "pure" so outside of the opening saber throw/force leap, it is sustainable).

Is that good or bad? I don't know. But fighting regular mobs, they die too quick to use any rotation...
SWTOR Republic - Poobah (60 Guardian), Fece (60 Scoundrel)
SWTOR Imperial - Soulfinger (60 Sorcerer), Solsismic (51 Powertech), Isith (50 Marauder), Sinet (20 Operative)

Free Tadziki? Yah! --Treek.
Zyera
Lady
Lady

Post by Zyera »

Soulfinger wrote:I tried this just now... I wasn't able to find the training dummy on the guild ship, and don't have one on my ship, so I used the OPS dummy on the fleet. I also couldn't get debuffs and didn't use stims...

I don't think I can attack it until it is dead... It has over 100 million HP. I'm doing around 2K dps which would take me around 14 hours of constant attacking to defeat, assuming it doesn't have any health regen (which I believe it does).

Anyway, I think I figured out a rotation, and I'm getting around 2,044 dps over a 2 minute span (my rotation is pretty "pure" so outside of the opening saber throw/force leap, it is sustainable).

Is that good or bad? I don't know. But fighting regular mobs, they die too quick to use any rotation...
Strongholds (and guildships) don't have dummies. Ships do with the unlock & the droid that can change the health/armor pen debuff

You should be doing around 3000k on the dummy and around 2400k+ in an operation itself with the mechanics.

Requirements: http://www.newoutriders.org/forums/view ... =64&t=2611

Return to “Operations”