Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2
House: Griffon
Record: Squired 1999 in EQ1
Baron 2004 EQ2

Crafting

Post by Mezzevil »

So I am learning Crafting and it seems salvaging is huge experience but salvaging what you create is pretty pathetic. Could you all post which crafting types you are doing with current level?

Is there anyone who is working on woodworking that would like to trade made items with? If the mail system isn't expensive we could trade stacks of manufactured items for deconstructing. Also looking for someone to trade metal and fabric items for wood items.

Another option would be to bank items so other peeps could deconstruct but I know with our size and the limited number of items we can store in the bank would that work? I believe stacks of items are the best option where possible if that route is considered for crafting exchange. I see a lot of blue items in their now and that works great as a lot of us are guild banking the blues and exchanging. Thanks to you high levels who don't get the return that us low levels get!Currently I am betting that most people exchange with the bank 1:1 or better.

Also I know that we are keeping the bank uncluttered, thanks to those that are doing that. Is there items that should not be banked?

We are like just a person or two shy of 50 peeps to open the Guild Store but I don't like how much the exchange rate is and who gets that fee? The guild?

Thoughts?

Provisioning 50
woodworking 15
Seyella
Countess
Countess

Re: Crafting

Post by Seyella »

Hi Mezz. I am working on crafting as well. At the end of this post I've listed which ones and the level. I'm willing to trade crafted items with anyone if needed.

As far as banking items, I'm not sure we have the room. The guild bank seems to fill up on a regular basis, though we could try to make room. We currently are asking that no "white" items be deposited to keep it under control. There was a discussion here in the forums, I think, or perhaps in guild chat during beta about the possibility of opening a secondary "crafting guild" with at least 10 people, so that we could utilize the bank space available in that bank for storage, trading, etc. With the lack of "space" available in the game, it might be something we want to discuss further. In the meantime, trading or mailing items for exchange might be our only options.

As far as the guild store, which we're very close to achieving, there are fees involved. One is a posting fee of ?15%, which I believe you get back if the item sells. There is also a 10% "house cut" which just goes into the game economy, the guild does not get any income from the store.

I would be willing to be part of a NOR "crafting guild" if we have enough interest - what does everyone else think?

Here are my crafting professions:

Woodworking 19
Clothing 15
Provisioning 38
Alchemy 10
Seyella/Callise
*NOR/

Numerous toons in several games (WoW, GW2, ESO, SWTOR, etc) . .
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

When I get home from work I'll write a bigger respone Mezz, cause you bring up a very good point.

My crafting is in my signature, but so far I've only done Provisioning but I have max its level and all skill points in it.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Lakasha
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
Record: Defender of Hibernia (Golden Staff) 02⁄03⁄03
Defender of Hibernia (Silver Wand) 12⁄15⁄02
Official Writ of Welcome 01⁄06⁄02
Heraldess 12⁄19⁄01
Knight 10⁄29⁄01
Squire Court 09⁄09⁄01
Squire 04⁄02⁄01
Recruit 03⁄10⁄01

Post by Lakasha »

With my new job I haven't had much time to play yet but I do intend to start playing more when I am done with training. I am going to be crafting and would certainly join any guilds NOR put together for that :)
ESO
Lakasha Finvarra - Sorceress V1

Lakashal - Templar - DC Blackwater Blade AvA Campaign

*NOR/Heraldess and AvA Coordinator

I can picture a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

DDO
Lakasha Finvarra - Bard 10 The Orginal
Lakashan - Bard Warchanter - 25 - Woot!!!
Ojike
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

I forgot what I was going to expand on in my previous post. However the question remains, "will NOR have a separate sub guild specifically for crafting and trading?"

I don't personally see any problems with it, however as current "Leader" of the first guild as far as I know I can't lead a 2nd guild. I just don't have to option to create another guild. I also don't know if/how this would be affected by any rules NOR has about extra guilds. I was also approached by some of the HC about the fact that a player can join up to 5 guilds and they wanted to come to a consensus with them about NOR Officers and multiple guilds. That has yet to be hashed out, and won't affect any of our non-Officer members.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Mezzevil
Count
Count
Realm: Guild Wars 2
Record: Squired 1999 in EQ1
Baron 2004 EQ2

Post by Mezzevil »

I like the idea of the 2nd guild for the purpose of trading. If we can get beyond our rules and regulations. I just want a place to exchange items for crafting and it just makes sense. Worse case we can use the guild store, The sell price defaults to 3x vendor price but can be overidden. We could push it back down to vendor price which is listed on the item. The game takes its cut but at that price its not a big deal.
Burleydawg
Baron
Baron

Post by Burleydawg »

Ojike wrote:1. I don't personally see any problems with it, however as current "Leader" of the first guild as far as I know I can't lead a 2nd guild. I just don't have to option to create another guild. I also don't know if/how this would be affected by any rules NOR has about extra guilds.

2. I was also approached by some of the HC about the fact that a player can join up to 5 guilds and they wanted to come to a consensus with them about NOR Officers and multiple guilds. That has yet to be hashed out, and won't affect any of our non-Officer members.
With regards to number 1. The second guild really wouldn't need to be anything more then a place to put our stuff, worst case senerio look for a volunteer officer to manage the bank. Mainly organizing. Set guidelines of what goes in and and out. No real biggy. Shouldn't be a problem with any rules NOR has.

With regards to number 2. This was discussed over and over when Guild Wars 2 came out. Wasn't a problem then, don't see it as a problem now. In fact in this game i see it more of a necessity then Guild Wars 2, with PVP, crafting etc. My personal beliefs were always one cannot serve two masters, but then i thought about it, What if your friend is in another guild or even in a different faction, is that fair to force someone to choose? I do not have concerns about it, unless someone is caught taking from one guild and trading or selling to the other and i can't see that happening with the quality and integrity of people we have in NOR.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

I think that creating a 2nd guild is probably a necessity with the way that the game is set up. We could allow anyone from NOR to join except maybe recruits? I would not mind setting this up and keep it running.

Just a couple of thoughts on it! I will post more later on, when we've got a straight path and we know exactly what we need to do.
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF
Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter

Post by Talolan »

We should take a stab at managing the guild bank we have now first. Last time I checked there was all kinds of stuff in there that probably didn't need to be.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Roxanne
Lady
Lady
Realm: Overwatch
Record: Recruited and Squired in TSOY Junish 1994
Recruited by Naquav
Promoted to Lady in May 1995
Married to Duke Zif in game, Feb 1996
Married to Lord Zif IRL April 21, 2000

Post by Roxanne »

Talolan wrote:We should take a stab at managing the guild bank we have now first. Last time I checked there was all kinds of stuff in there that probably didn't need to be.
Sounds like a perfect job for you!! :troll :troll :troll
Roxanne
*NOR/LE
Wife of ZiF

Return to “The Dirty Goat”