Free Content Update - Armories

Bard
Lord
Lord
Record: Recruited: Sometime in 1996 in NWN on AOL

Free Content Update - Armories

Post by Bard »

Happy New Year DCUO Fans,

I’m happy to announce that we will be launching Armories for DC Universe Online next week! (Bard's note: this press release was dated 1/6/2014, but I've been busy :p) For those of you who haven’t been following this new addition to the game, Armories are a Base item that allow you to set up, save, and imprint virtually every aspect of your character, including your styles, equipment, loadouts, and power and skill point allocations. Then, you can activate your Armory in the field to switch to that build instantly. The possibilities are endless and we cannot wait to see Armories in your hands.

Armories are a Marketplace item, and there are several things everyone should know about them:
First, EVERYONE will get an Armory for free on each character by completing a mission
Your characters can have up to 4 Armories active in the field at any one time
Your characters can have up to 4 Armories per Base, for 16 Armories total (you can choose which of your 16 are active)
Armories are a consumable Marketplace item that must be consumed on each character
Like most consumable Marketplace items, Armories can be moved via the Shared Bank between your characters (as long as they have not yet been consumed)
Armories are visual Base items as well as a new feature, and can be placed freely in your Base like any other visual Base item
Armories can be activated out of combat at any time, in PvE combat with a cooldown, but can’t be activated in PvP combat
I also want to share our plans for pricing ahead of time. In addition to the one Armory that we will be granting free to all players, you will be able to purchase additional Armories individually or in a bundle for as little as $4 each. Here is the price breakdown in US Dollars:

Armory Bundles
One Armory - $8 ($8 per Armory)
4-Pack - $24 ($6 per Armory)
8-Pack - $40 ($5 per Armory)
15-Pack - $60 ($4 per Armory)
Armories will be sold for Station Cash on PC and for Marketplace Cash on PS, and will be added to the Loyalty Vendor for Loyalty Points
The 15-Pack has the best value and, remember, you can use the Shared Bank to move Armories between your characters if you don’t want the full 15 on one character.

We are excited to be bringing Armories and all the new customization, strategy, and gameplay opportunities they bring to DCUO. Next week can’t get here soon enough!
Having armories has been an insanely useful boon! I can swap between Tank, DPS and PVP loadouts (armor, weapon, powers, styles, skill points assignments) in only a couple of seconds (any gear being swapped is pulled from and moved back to your Vault).

Return to “DC Universe Online”