Talolan
Duke
Duke
Realm: Neverwinter
House: Griffon

Any Other CCG Experience?

Post by Talolan »

:hailnor

Do does anybody have any other CCG experience? Magic the Gathering? Kard Kombat? Spectromancer?...
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Official Dungeon Master of your dreams.
Ojike
Baron
Baron
House: Unicorn
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Re: Any Other CCG Experience?

Post by Ojike »

We talkin' specifically digital formats, or any CCGs? (I'm so used to them being called "TCGs")
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

Either/or.

CCG = Collectible Card Game
TCG = Trading Card Game
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” - Dr. Seuss
Ojike
Baron
Baron
Record: Recruit: 06/21/04
Squire: 09/18/04
Squire Honor: 05/17/06
Squire Elite: 06/11/06

Post by Ojike »

I grew up on Pokemon and Magic since a neighbor kid and his older brother had a ton of cards he let me mess around with. Then a handful of friends and relatives and I played Yu-Gi-Oh a bunch through my middle school years, then in high school I picked up the WoW TCG but I couldn't ever find anyone interested enough in the game to pick it up with me so my cards just sit and gather dust somewhere in a box in my closet.

I think I also tried Warlord (name?) once or twice with a friend years back, but never got into it cause I was broke.

EDIT: Googling "warlord card game" got me some images I remember seeing from the game, it was indeed Warlord.
Ojike *NOR/GR
"For, as a wise man once said: An error doesn't become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
-John F Kennedy
Runesire
Squire
Squire
Realm: RIFT
Record: Squired SW:ToR: 8/25/13

Post by Runesire »

I played a bit of Magic: The Gathering back in the early days when it came out. I also bought a ton of the WoW cards (for the in game item cards) and talked my wife into playing a few games of it. Oh - I played a bit of Spellfire as well with a friend. I never got the courage up to get involved in a local tournament or league.
-Runesire

SW:ToR Characters
Gowren - Commando 55
Serena - Jedi Sage 55
Vady - Jedi Guardian 65
Janet - Gunslinger 60

Lewd - Sith Marauder 65
Vayna - Sith Sorcerer 55
Kneecaps - Bounty Hunter 55
Hampshire - Operative 56
Talolan
Duke
Duke

Post by Talolan »

I played like 2 games of Magic, 20 years ago. That is my only prior experience.

I'm enjoying it so far anyway.
Talolan
NOR/DK-NOMAD

Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

lots and lots of magic.

I played the starwars card game that came out around 1995, the cards were sweet but the game was pretty boring:( and that is about it, except we have a fun party game called "killer bunnies" we bring out occasionally.

MTG has always popped up in my circle of friends every couple years.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
Lakasha
Baroness
Baroness
Realm: Elder Scrolls Online
Record: Defender of Hibernia (Golden Staff) 02⁄03⁄03
Defender of Hibernia (Silver Wand) 12⁄15⁄02
Official Writ of Welcome 01⁄06⁄02
Heraldess 12⁄19⁄01
Knight 10⁄29⁄01
Squire Court 09⁄09⁄01
Squire 04⁄02⁄01
Recruit 03⁄10⁄01

Post by Lakasha »

I have played Magic and Jyhad. I always thought Jyhad was the much better game honestly but then I like games that accommodate more than 2 people well and it did.
I also have played a lot of other card game style stuff like Dominion, Ascension, Thunderstone etc..
ESO
Lakasha Finvarra - Sorceress V1

Lakashal - Templar - DC Blackwater Blade AvA Campaign

*NOR/Heraldess and AvA Coordinator

I can picture a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

DDO
Lakasha Finvarra - Bard 10 The Orginal
Lakashan - Bard Warchanter - 25 - Woot!!!
Tundrra
Lord
Lord
Realm: Black Desert Online
Record: http://newoutriders.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tundrra
http://newoutriders.org/member/Tundrra
Lord HC 04.06.2014
Squired SWG 03.21.2004
Recruited SWG 12.12.2003 by Baron Brambt

Post by Tundrra »

:bunny
Lakasha wrote:I have played Magic and Jyhad. I always thought Jyhad was the much better game honestly but then I like games that accommodate more than 2 people well and it did..
I remember Jyhad! I played a few games but it never caught on around here.
Tundrra TT:TableTop
*NOR/LD-High Council
yavool
Lord
Lord
Realm: Dungeons & Dragons
Record: Recruited on: February 13, 2006
Recruited by: Lakasha
Squired on: February 19, 2006
Promoted to Baron/DDO on: April 17, 2006
Promoted to Count/DDO on: July 17, 2006
Promoted to Duke/DDO on: January 27, 2007
Promoted to *NOR/ Lord on: October 14, 2007
Father of the Ramnoth Clan: Oriyen, Adahi, Roselaine, and Norfyre

Post by yavool »

I've played M:TG since 1995. I used to compete in the Pro Tour Qualifiers and other tournaments at the WoTC Gameplex in Seattle in the latter 90's. I owned my own card shop in 98 and 99 called "The Wizard's Realm" in Spokane, WA. I started playing MTGO in 2002 and played for about five years.

I've won about a dozen local touraments in my time playing Magic. I have about 25,000 cards at this time, with near complete sets of Legends, Antiquities, Arabian Nights as well as a couple of the moxes from back in the day. I sold off 13 sets in order to buy my wedding rings in 2001; ironically I don't wear that ring anymore for obviously-inferred reasons, and I still miss those cards sold off. (doh!)

My favorite non-Magic:TG game by far is Middle Earth Collectible Card Game (MECCG) by ICE. The game is no longer in existence, but it still holds a fond place in my heart. I've worn a ring since 1998 that I won at a MECCG tournament, called "The Wizard's Ring," which is made of silver and is a hand clasping its own arm (I believe that Saruman wore it, per the books). I love MECCG because each game is an adventure, a story, and the people playing represent both the side mustering the good or evil to their side, but also represent the hazards that the opponent faces along their journey. It didn't last because the game had a steep learning curve of complexity, and the games tended to last one to two hours apiece.

I've played Deadlands, BattleTech (MechWarrior), Legend of the Five Rings, Illuminati, Pokemon, Star Wars, Star Trek, Monty Python's Holy Grail, and Neopets (ah the joys of being a father). ;) I really liked the game mechanics of both Deadlands (sort of a poker-style collectible card game) and BattleTech (an addition-intensive game) the best of the aformentioned non-Magic, non-MECCG games.

The five of us (Oriyen, Adahi, MelieRose, Norfyre, and myself) play M:TG all the time to this day. While on vacation last summer, we played three booster boxes worth of sealed deck tournaments, or a total of about 120 games worth of Magic in 13 days. We have an unopened Theros booster box waiting for us for Thanksgiving break.

-yav
Yavool Ramnoth
*NOR/DDO Lord and RL

Return to “CCG League”